• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
a user would like to schedule report 1 in English and report 2 in French. This in order to use it outside salesforce for different usage. But he doesn't want to change his language between exports of course. 
Is there a way to choose the language by report, instead of by user?
Regards
Frederic
Hello
We have for years lookup fields into a visualforce page (embedded in an account layout). These are lookups to search for accounts and contacts. This was working fine until recenly : when clicking on a lookup, a popup was raised to search as usual.

But now we have been alerted for a week that this doesn't work anymore, and working differently depending on the browser used :
- On Chrome : 
    - clicking on the "magnifying glass" opens a new blank chrome tab. 
    - pressing CTRL while clicking opens the popup as normal.
- On Firefox : 
    - pressing CTRL while clicking opens a new blank chrome tab also.
On opera :
    - clicking on the "magnifying glass" opens the popup as normal.

Note that the if the same lookups are used directly on an account page (not in visualforce), they work normaly. The visualforce panel is embedded in accounts page layout. This may occurs for weeks as these fields are not used every day.

We tried with old versions of firefox : the same. We tried old and very old sandbox not uptodate (1,5 years old): the same.
Our Visualforce page and controller haven't changed for years.
So I believe that it is linked to the SUMMER 19 salesforce version.

I analyzed SF logs, browser inspectors logs. No error. The generated URL is having an additional dplp element out of visualforce page, but it doesn't seem relevant.
I searched on forums, known issues. Not found anything.

Anybody is experiencing the same issue? Or have an idea on this issue?
Best Regards
Frederic
Best Regards
Frederic
Hi.
A problem that appears this month in production as well as in sandboxes : If you create an account and set (unusefully) both BillingState and BillingStateCode fields (with the same entry of course), AND have a workflow or a Process Builder that updates some other field(s), then both BillingState and BillingStateCode are finally empty (null).

Step to reproduce:
  • Notice a country having some states (in State & Country picklist management).
  • Create a unit test that just insert a new account, with both BillingStateCode and BillingState fileds set. And which then read the account and display all its fields.
  • Create a workflow or a process builder that updates a field on accounts at creation.
  • Run the test.
-> the account have both BillingStateCode and BillingState fields NULL.

I set some debug logs on account trigger which tell (tracing trigger.old/trigger.new):
BEFOREINSERT : 
    the new record have BillinStateCode and BillingState set.
AFTERINSERT : 
BEFOREUPDATE : 
    the old record have BillinStateCode and BillingState set.
AFTERUPDATE : 
    the old record have BillinStateCode and BillingState set.
    the new record have BillinStateCode and BillingState UNSET (null). (NOT BY OUR CODE)
NEXT BEFOREUPDATE :
    the old record have BillinStateCode and BillingState UNSET.
    the new record have BillinStateCode and BillingState UNSET.

I also made tests to read the record from DB at each step, which confirm this.
So there is a problem at DB persistence time during first update.

This is just to mention as I spent a lot of hours narrowing the problem.
Regards
Hi
I've lost some time fighting with the package.xml in order to retrieve and deploy matching rules and duplicateRules.

So if this helps, here is an example of the package.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>DuplicateRule</name>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>MatchingRules</name>
    </types>
    <version>40.0</version>
</Package>
As you can see there an 's' on the matching rules name but not on the duplicate rules name!
The same for unitary members:
    <types>
        <members>Contact.PKN_PWC_Contact_Duplication_Rule_V1</members>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>Contact</members>
    </types>
    <version>40.0</version>
</Package>
Regards

Hi 
I managed to find out how to pass this bug so I give you the clue that can help.

Problem
- I have defined a duplicate rule with some conditions, especially a condition on the Account recordtype. The rule works fine on the sandbox.
- I want to migrate it to another org that have the exact same Account recordtypes.

With changeset : the validation fails with error "Field: bad value for restricted picklist field: RecordTypeId"
With Ant Migration tool : the import fails with the same error!

I managed finally after a while to import it with Ant by manually modifying the xml file as this:
Xml file exported with ant retrieve contains:

<duplicateRuleFilterItems>
            <field>RecordTypeId</field>
            <operation>notEqual</operation>
            <value>ADD Address</value>
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>
        </duplicateRuleFilterItems>

modified as:
            <field>RecordType</field>     <= NOT THE ID!
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>

I tried with API versions 40 and below.

So the Ant export and import of the xml file don't respect the same specification! Same with Changesets.
I call that a bug, surprised also that it's not yet mentionned in some other posts.

Hope this helps,
regards
Hello
When creating a community user from a contact, an automatic role is defined. This role is not visible in the role hierarchy graph, but is mentionned to be positionned under the top level of the role hierarchy and also under client-responsible and client-manager roles (the translation may be incorrect).

Nevertheless when using an sharing rule including the role of the contact, and specifying 'Roles internal and Portal Subordinates', the community users are included in the autorisations dispite the position of their role. But not community users from a distinct hierarchy branch.

So is this the correct behaviour : community users roles are considered at the level of the contact role? 

Best regards
Frederic
Hello everybody
After having generated Apex classes with the salesforce partner WSDL, I can call the login method to connect to my saleforce instance.

But the answer to login command seems to be incompatible, although it is done by the WebServiceCallout.invoke salesforce command and response generated by my saleforce sandbox, which is the same as the client!

partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap sp = new partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap();
partnerSoapSforceCom.LoginResult loginResult = sp.login('xxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

=> this calls WebServiceCallout.invoke , which throws an exception :
|CALLOUT_REQUEST|[3238]|login_element:[apex_schema_type_info=(urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, true, false), field_order_type_info=(username, password), password=dzEq36OXdHH4ld4klMHjmXbDp4J8Vvlli40WuLQKBorauosLcXwY8umcXMnkXzxj, password_type_info=(password, urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, null, 1, 1, false), username=theusername@besancon.parkeon.com.devstorage, username_type_info=(username, urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, null, 1, 1, false)]::SOAPAction="" Accept=text/xml User-Agent=SFDC-Callout/36.0 SFDC_STACK_DEPTH=1 Content-Type=text/xml; charset=UTF-8
10:52:29.1 (220486436)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[3238]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Failed to get next element

Of course I've read every post I've found about this error. The most interesting are those ones:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000ApX7IAK
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000093OlIAI
The two here points me to the SOAP MTOM content format. Il seems then to me that the server uses MTOM to answer, but the client (which is the same server) can't handle it. Or the opposite!

I haven't found out how I can disable MTOM, programatically or by configuration.
Does partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap allow to enable/disable MTOM? What is the command? A header setting?

Hoping someone can help,
Best regards
Frederic
Hi
I've lost some time fighting with the package.xml in order to retrieve and deploy matching rules and duplicateRules.

So if this helps, here is an example of the package.xml :

<types>
        <members>*</members>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>*</members>
    </types>
    <version>40.0</version>
</Package>
As you can see there an 's' on the matching rules name but not on the duplicate rules name!
The same for unitary members:
    <types>
        <members>Contact.PKN_PWC_Contact_Duplication_Rule_V1</members>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>Contact</members>
    </types>
    <version>40.0</version>
</Package>
Regards

Hi 
I managed to find out how to pass this bug so I give you the clue that can help.

Problem
- I have defined a duplicate rule with some conditions, especially a condition on the Account recordtype. The rule works fine on the sandbox.
- I want to migrate it to another org that have the exact same Account recordtypes.

With changeset : the validation fails with error "Field: bad value for restricted picklist field: RecordTypeId"

I managed finally after a while to import it with Ant by manually modifying the xml file as this:

<sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>

modified as:
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>

So the Ant export and import of the xml file don't respect the same specification! Same with Changesets.
I call that a bug, surprised also that it's not yet mentionned in some other posts.

Hope this helps,
regards
Hello!

In lighting knowledge communities I am using CSS to remove the field labels since title and URL cannot not be removed from the page layout or via field level security. 

The code I am using below is removing the summary and meta data info and the labels. The problem I am having is when I use .uiOutputText - it gets rid of the additional text from title and URL which I want, but it is also removing the text from the pill which I don't want. Additionally I cannot seem to get rid of the grey lines that separate the text.

I have tried various things and this is the closest I get. Any ideas?

Code:
.selfServiceArticleLayout .article-summary{display:none;}
.meta{display:none;}
.test-id__field-label{display:none;}
.uiOutputText{display:none;}

Output:
User-added image
Hello
We have for years lookup fields into a visualforce page (embedded in an account layout). These are lookups to search for accounts and contacts. This was working fine until recenly : when clicking on a lookup, a popup was raised to search as usual.

But now we have been alerted for a week that this doesn't work anymore, and working differently depending on the browser used :
- On Chrome : 
    - pressing CTRL while clicking opens the popup as normal.
- On Firefox : 
    - pressing CTRL while clicking opens a new blank chrome tab also.
On opera :
    - clicking on the "magnifying glass" opens the popup as normal.

Note that the if the same lookups are used directly on an account page (not in visualforce), they work normaly. The visualforce panel is embedded in accounts page layout. This may occurs for weeks as these fields are not used every day.

We tried with old versions of firefox : the same. We tried old and very old sandbox not uptodate (1,5 years old): the same.
Our Visualforce page and controller haven't changed for years.
So I believe that it is linked to the SUMMER 19 salesforce version.

I analyzed SF logs, browser inspectors logs. No error. The generated URL is having an additional dplp element out of visualforce page, but it doesn't seem relevant.
I searched on forums, known issues. Not found anything.

Best Regards
Frederic
Best Regards
Frederic
I am trying to use Dataloader to insert Person Accounts, but it keeps coming up with "Record type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user". I am an administrator and this record type is connected to my profile. The record type ID is 012160000014lum and the 18 digit number is 012160000014lumAAA. this is a valid record type ID. When I used data loader without using the record type ID it uploaded into Salesforce but under the default record type for Administrators, can you please help.User-added image
I am able to manully schedule a backup in salesforce. When the backup is ready, salesforce sends a link and a mail to inform me that the backup is ready. Hence, I would have to follow the link to download the backup to my own storage area. 

Is it possible to automate the process where by I don't have to manully download the backup file when it is ready but to automate this process?

Please any guide to give me a headstart? what do i look for what do i use?

Thank you
Steve
Hi 

Problem

<sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>

modified as:
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Account</table>

Hope this helps,
regards
Hi Ohana Family!

I am getting this error (see below)... when trying to import 2 new duplication rules into my sandbox (via ANT but also via change sets). The sandbox has 3 other contact rules.

It seems not possible to import duplication rules partially due to the order, is this the case? What is the best way to add new duplication rules into a sandbox (or production); it seems that since Winter '17 duplication rules are supported but I cannot import just 2 new rules because I get this order issue. Any ideas???

Duplication Rule XML contains the Sort Order which I've tried to manually change in the XML in ANT to be a new number (there are 3 existing Contact rules on my sandbox) but keep getting this error.

*********** DEPLOYMENT FAILED ***********

Total time: 15 seconds
$ ant deployUnpackaged
Buildfile: /Users/me/Documents/salesforce_ant_38.0/nm-dev/build.xml

deployUnpackaged:
[sf:deploy] Request for a deploy submitted successfully.
[sf:deploy] Request ID for the current deploy task: 0Af2500000QX8HKCA1
[sf:deploy] Waiting for server to finish processing the request...
[sf:deploy] Request Status: InProgress
[sf:deploy] Request Status: Failed

BUILD FAILED
/Users/rdrumonddasilva/Documents/salesforce_ant_38.0/nm-dev/build.xml:31: 
Request ID: 0Af2500000QX8HKCA1

All Component Failures:
1.  duplicateRules/Contact.Contact_relatienummer_and_email.duplicateRule -- Error: SortOrder must be in sequential order from 1.

These are the XMLs:
<DuplicateRule xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <actionOnInsert>Block</actionOnInsert>
    <actionOnUpdate>Block</actionOnUpdate>
    <alertText>U creeert een dubbele relatie. Zoek de oorspronkelijke relatie op en gebruik deze.</alertText>
    <description xsi:nil="true"/>
    <duplicateRuleFilter>
        <booleanFilter xsi:nil="true"/>
            <field>00N24000008H1u2</field>
            <value>null</value>
            <sortOrder>1</sortOrder>
            <table>Contact</table>
            <field>Email</field>
            <value>null</value>
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Contact</table>
    </duplicateRuleFilter>
    <duplicateRuleMatchRules>
        <matchRuleSObjectType>Contact</matchRuleSObjectType>
        <matchingRule>Match_op_relatienummer_email</matchingRule>
        <objectMapping xsi:nil="true"/>
    </duplicateRuleMatchRules>
    <isActive>false</isActive>
    <masterLabel>Contact relatienummer email</masterLabel>
    <securityOption>EnforceSharingRules</securityOption>
    <sortOrder>1</sortOrder>
</DuplicateRule>

<DuplicateRule xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <actionOnInsert>Block</actionOnInsert>
    <actionOnUpdate>Block</actionOnUpdate>
    <alertText>U creeert een dubbele relatie. Zoek de oorspronkelijke relatie op en gebruik deze.</alertText>
    <description xsi:nil="true"/>
    <duplicateRuleFilter>
        <booleanFilter xsi:nil="true"/>
            <field>00N24000008H1u2</field>
            <value>null</value>
            <sortOrder>1</sortOrder>
            <table>Contact</table>
            <field>Phone</field>
            <value>null</value>
            <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
            <table>Contact</table>
    </duplicateRuleFilter>
    <duplicateRuleMatchRules>
        <matchRuleSObjectType>Contact</matchRuleSObjectType>
        <matchingRule>Match_op_relatienummer_telefoonnummer</matchingRule>
        <objectMapping xsi:nil="true"/>
    </duplicateRuleMatchRules>
    <isActive>false</isActive>
    <masterLabel>Contact relatienummer telefoonnummer</masterLabel>
    <securityOption>EnforceSharingRules</securityOption>
    <sortOrder>2</sortOrder>
</DuplicateRule>

can any one please tell me how to connect apex class to flow process give some navigtion inflow
Hello everybody
After having generated Apex classes with the salesforce partner WSDL, I can call the login method to connect to my saleforce instance.

But the answer to login command seems to be incompatible, although it is done by the WebServiceCallout.invoke salesforce command and response generated by my saleforce sandbox, which is the same as the client!

partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap sp = new partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap();
partnerSoapSforceCom.LoginResult loginResult = sp.login('xxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

=> this calls WebServiceCallout.invoke , which throws an exception :
|CALLOUT_REQUEST|[3238]|login_element:[apex_schema_type_info=(urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, true, false), field_order_type_info=(username, password), password=dzEq36OXdHH4ld4klMHjmXbDp4J8Vvlli40WuLQKBorauosLcXwY8umcXMnkXzxj, password_type_info=(password, urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, null, 1, 1, false), username=theusername@besancon.parkeon.com.devstorage, username_type_info=(username, urn:partner.soap.sforce.com, null, 1, 1, false)]::SOAPAction="" Accept=text/xml User-Agent=SFDC-Callout/36.0 SFDC_STACK_DEPTH=1 Content-Type=text/xml; charset=UTF-8
10:52:29.1 (220486436)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[3238]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Failed to get next element

Of course I've read every post I've found about this error. The most interesting are those ones:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000ApX7IAK
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000093OlIAI
The two here points me to the SOAP MTOM content format. Il seems then to me that the server uses MTOM to answer, but the client (which is the same server) can't handle it. Or the opposite!

I haven't found out how I can disable MTOM, programatically or by configuration.
Does partnerSoapSforceCom.Soap allow to enable/disable MTOM? What is the command? A header setting?

Hoping someone can help,
Best regards
Frederic
Hello,

I am trying to remove all spaces from the following string:
howabountnow.com,,,itsme.com,,,name,,,hello.com,,,asdasdasdasd.asdasdasda,: :: :;;     ;;; ::   :: :; ; ;,, ,,, ,,, asdasd.asd,,, ,,,asdsadas,,,dilyan
and from the place where there are multiple spaces it is removed only one space and the result is:
DEBUG|domain1 howabountnow.com,,,itsme.com,,,name,,,hello.com,,,asdasdasdasd.asdasdasda,::::;;    ;;;::  :::;;;,,,,,,,,asdasd.asd,,,,,,asdsadas,,,dilyan
So far I've tried the following:
replaceAll('\s+', '');
replaceAll('[ ]+', '');
replace(' ', '');
and few more similar expressions.

At the moment I'm using the following source code:
String domain = accountObj.Domain__c;
    System.debug('domain ' + domain);
    integer spaceInd = domain.indexOf(' ');
    System.debug('spaceInd1: ' + spaceInd);
    while (spaceInd > -1) {
        domain = domain.replace(' ', '');
        spaceInd = domain.indexOf(' ');
        System.debug('spaceInd: ' + spaceInd);
    }
    System.debug('domain1 ' + domain);
When I start the code in debug log I get the following:
USER_DEBUG|[198]|DEBUG|domain howabountnow.com,,,itsme.com,,,name,,,hello.com,,,asdasdasdasd.asdasdasda,: :: :;;     ;;; ::   :: :; ; ;,, ,,, ,,, asdasd.asd,,, ,,,asdsadas,,,dilyan
USER_DEBUG|[203]|DEBUG|spaceInd1: 75
USER_DEBUG|[207]|DEBUG|spaceInd: -1
USER_DEBUG|[209]|DEBUG|domain1 howabountnow.com,,,itsme.com,,,name,,,hello.com,,,asdasdasdasd.asdasdasda,::::;;    ;;;::  :::;;;,,,,,,,,asdasd.asd,,,,,,asdsadas,,,dilyan
Could you please advise how to remove all spaces from the String or replace them with a single space in apex?

Regards,

Dilyan

We setup a couple of connected apps to showcase the client how those will look on the AppLauncher. Now we are trying to delete the apps but we do not see the delete option that is referred on the documentation. (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=connected_app_edit.htm&language=en_US)
What are the steps necessary to delete a connected app?

Hi,

I found only 2 messages regarding the above exception and none of them helped me.

Can anyone explain me when this happens?

I'm trying to connect to the attached WSDL with no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yishay

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:ns1="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd" xmlns:ns="http://example.com" xmlns:wsaw="http://www.w3.org/2006/05/addressing/wsdl" xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/" xmlns:ax24="http://text.lowagie.com/xsd" xmlns:ax21="http://io.java/xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" targetNamespace="http://example.com">
<wsdl:documentation>
Example
</wsdl:documentation>
<wsdl:types>
<xs:schema xmlns:ax28="http://example.com/xsd" xmlns:ax26="http://text.lowagie.com/xsd" xmlns:ax23="http://io.java/xsd" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://example.com">
<xs:import namespace="http://io.java/xsd"/>
<xs:import namespace="http://text.lowagie.com/xsd"/>
<xs:import namespace="http://example.com/xsd"/>
<xs:element name="convert">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="html" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="convertResponse">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="return" nillable="true" type="ax28:MergeXfdfToFormResult"/>
</xs:element>
</xs:schema>
<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://example.com/xsd">
<xs:complexType name="MergeXfdfToFormResult">
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="errorMessage" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="pdf" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
<xs:element minOccurs="0" name="resultCode" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:message name="convertRequest">
<wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns:convert"/>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="convertResponse">
<wsdl:part name="parameters" element="ns:convertResponse"/>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:portType name="ConvertionServiceServicePortType">
<wsdl:operation name="convert">
<wsdl:input message="ns:convertRequest" wsaw:Action="urn:convert"/>
<wsdl:output message="ns:convertResponse" wsaw:Action="urn:convertResponse"/>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>
<wsdl:binding name="ConvertionServiceServiceSoap11Binding" type="ns:ConvertionServiceServicePortType">
<soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
<wsdl:operation name="convert">
<soap:operation soapAction="urn:convert" style="document"/>
<wsdl:input>
<soap:body use="literal"/>
</wsdl:input>
<wsdl:output>
<soap:body use="literal"/>
</wsdl:output>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>
<wsdl:service name="ConvertionServiceService">
<wsdl:port name="ConvertionServiceServiceHttpSoap11Endpoint" binding="ns:ConvertionServiceServiceSoap11Binding">
<soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/ConvertionServiceService.ConvertionServiceServiceHttpSoap11Endpoint/"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Hi there,

I was doing some end of project clean up and was bumping up the API versions on some of my classes when a test class started failing.

The reason was because once the API version was set to anything above 23.0, the getOrgDefaults() function would return an empty object, even though we had default values defined for the hierarchial custom setting we were referring to.  If the API version was set to 23.0 or lower, the values would be returned as expected.  I tried this with out other custom setting objects and got the same results.

Running a getOrgDefaults() in execute anonymous doesn't produce the same results, the object is returned as expected.

Anybody else experiencing something similar?  We can leave the API version for this class alone for now, but it's still disconcerting and may prove problematic as time goes on.

Is it possible to filter out only contact related to an account in a case object. When a case is created from account, it has the account field in case populated with the account name/Id. I want to select contact and the lookup should only show contacts related to this account. Is this possible?
I have a filter criteria case: Account Name ID Equals Contact Name : Account Name : Account ID. Event then it is not working.