• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We work with a University to process student applications.

We want to update specific fields inside both syatems as the information changes so we can both have the most surrent application data.  The University has already provided the JSON data sample.  We need the following:
  • User creates a new application, data is posted to SFDC as a new lead (this currently works)
    • SFDC sends the data to the University SIS (Banner by Ellucian is the SIS) as a new record.
      • If the Student exist in the University SIS the SIS (via API/JSON) will send back the student ID.  The ID will update the student ID custom field on the lead record in SFDC
      • If the Student does not exist the University will crete a new record in the SIS, assign a Student ID and send an update (via API/JSON) with the student ID.  The ID will update the student ID custom field on the lead record in SFDC
  • When data changes in the University SIS or SFDC we need to send a "virtual real time" update with the adjusted fields (two way communication).  We will need the ability to determine which field is the most current based on the date/time it was last changed as we do not want to overwrite the correct information.
    • NOTE:  We are mostly updating picklist and date fields, along with stardard fields like Name, Email, Phone etc.
I need to know the best way to accomplish the two way API communication betweeb Banner (SIS) and SalesForce.

I need to know how to add the token (provided by the school) to the SFDC code so I am authenticated when we send data.

I need as much guideance as possible.

Thanks,
Shawn
Hello,

Currently we are using our ORG to recruit students for Universities.  We gather leads via Web Forms and post them to our ORG as "Leads". When the Leads are converted they are converthed to "Person Accounts".  I have selected this option because we do not require a Company name for the students and we use our ORG for Sales/Business Accounts as well.

I now have been tasked with collecting "Student Applications".  Idealy we would like to create an application that will post directly to our ORG.  A simple web to lead form will do what we need however, I would rather have the applacations set as their own "Object" and use the student "Lead Object" as the parent object.

My concern is duplicates.  If a lead comes in via a short form the duplicate validation rules will reject the application because it will see it as a duplicate "lead".  I am sure I can create additional duplicate validation criteria.

What is the best solution to accomplish this functionality?

Thanks,
Shawn

Hello All,

We use a call center to call our leads when they are created in SFDC by Web To Lead or Manual Lead creation.

Our goal is to have an API built that will connect SFDC to the call center software that will post lead data in real time (SFDC to CALL CENTER) so the call center can call the leads as soon as they are posted in SFDC.  

We also need the API to post back to SFDC once the call center has updated the lead status/sub status as well as a few other fields (8-10 fields in total). We need this to happen in real time so our recruiters can start the process of recruiting for classes etc.

What is the best way to achive this functionality?

The call center has API capability to post/send data.

Thanks,
Shawn
Hello All,

Is there a way to force a calendar entry or task creation when the lead status is changed?  

For instance…  I set my lead status to “Attempt 2” an automated email is sent in 14 days however, before the lead is/can be closed the Recruiter “MUST” create a calendar entry or task and schedule a follow-up. Any guideance is appreciated.

Thanks,
​Shawn
Hello All,

I have multiple email HTML templates built.  When we change the status of a lead we would like to send an email to the lead.  Some emails are instant and some are timed e.g. 14 Days after the status is changed the email is sent.  The email template used will be based on “Lead Status” and a custom field I created “School Name”.  I know this can be done, I just need pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Shawn
Hello All,

I have some rules built that set the default picklist value to “NO”.  These triggers work when I create a lead manually however, when I use a web to lead form the fields do not default to “NO” they are blank.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Shawn
Hello All,

We use a call center to call our leads when they are created in SFDC by Web To Lead or Manual Lead creation.

Our goal is to have an API built that will connect SFDC to the call center software that will post lead data in real time (SFDC to CALL CENTER) so the call center can call the leads as soon as they are posted in SFDC.  

We also need the API to post back to SFDC once the call center has updated the lead status/sub status as well as a few other fields (8-10 fields in total). We need this to happen in real time so our recruiters can start the process of recruiting for classes etc.

What is the best way to achive this functionality?

The call center has API capability to post/send data.

Thanks,
Shawn
Hello All,

I have multiple email HTML templates built.  When we change the status of a lead we would like to send an email to the lead.  Some emails are instant and some are timed e.g. 14 Days after the status is changed the email is sent.  The email template used will be based on “Lead Status” and a custom field I created “School Name”.  I know this can be done, I just need pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Shawn