• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to get the Outlook Edition installed on Office 2007 / Vista however continually receive "failure to load" errors when openning / closting Outlook.

Anyone else see this? Any known fix yet?

Message Edited by marklin on 05-07-2007 02:21 PM

Hi
I am using https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8 to create new leads. Our testing shouws it was successfully submitted. We specified the the returl in the hiddent input field. However, after submission it stays in the https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8 page with message "Your request is queued" instead of redirecting to the return url we specified in the form. Any idea why this happened. Is there any setting that must be modified in salesforce to get the returl work?

Mark
I am working on an appexchange project that requires the addition of custom objects and of custom fields. 

1. Can I use sforce query lanaguage to add custom objects and custom fields. If yes, is there any example?
2.If not, is there any work around?

Mark
I am creating a test appexchange application from my dev account and upload it. In the email I received after I uploaded the app, I clicked the link and logged in. I found the Register button is disabled because the upload is in progress. How long does it take to upload an app?

Mark
Hi,

Suppose I create an application and want to publish it under AppExchange. And a custom object is required in my application. Based on my past experience, in order for users of an account to use the application(composite/client), the custom ojbect has to be created in each account. This might be painful for users who don't have much technical experience. Is it possible to create the custom object in a simple declarative way? A possible solution is to upload a db table schema to the AppExchange directory when an applicaiton is published. Users in salesforce ui can have a dropdown list of those custom objects and if they select one and click create, it will automatically create for them.

Mark
Hi,

It is mentioned somewhere in the sforce api document that when we do search against a contact we can filter out those whose status are not active. I checked the enterprise wsdl file and found that there is no such a field. Can you let me know whether there is such a field and if yes the query field should be set to "true/false" or "0/1" or whatever?

Mark
I have the email to case setup and working quite well for creating new cases however how can I make sure that the entire email thread for the cases are logged in history? Is that possible?
  • September 22, 2005
Previously I assumed that the Contact ID (ex: 00300000001sDSg) for a contact was unique, but now I am seeing that this is not the case. Is this supposed to be unique?

In at least one case I have 2 contacts with the exact same Contact ID.
  • September 06, 2005
Hi,

I have the following issues and you guy's help will be apprecited

I created a custom object called Blog and then created a relationship making it linked to contact object through page layout. In The detailed page of contact, the blog object is listed at the bottom. I want to further modify the layout of the blog object in the contact detailed page in the follwing way:
1) Change the "New" tab to "New Post"
2) Make the "New Post" links to a web url(I created) instead of linking to the standard create pge
3)hide the stard "edit" and the "name" link fields because we want to that blog object created and edited through the custom web url.

Is it possible to achieve the above desired effects? If yes, how?

Mark

Hi,

We have developed a client using the partner api. Our testing against the development server(http://www.sforce.com) shows it works fine. Now we are planning to do testing against the salesforce production server(http://www.salesforce.com).

1)What do we need to do to move to test against your production server?

2)Is there any code change for that purpose? For example, do we need to download a different wsdl and recompile the code?

Mark

Hi

The contact id of the same contact is composed of different characters when getting it from a merged field of a web link and getting it from partner api. The example is:

00330000005RJCf (from merged field of contact id in the web link)

00330000005RJCfAAO (from a partner api query)

Hi
My client program requires to encrypt and store a sforce user email and password in database. Since the web link doesn't allow the user password to be merged into the link for security reasons. Now I can merge the user email, user id, sessionID, and server URL without any problem. Can I query to find the user password using the above information even though the user is not a sforce admin? If yes, what's the most efficient way to do this?

Mark
I am a new hand in the partner api and have some questions about the binding.describeGlobal() method. This method doesn't require an organization id as parameter. Is this because an organization's user has to first login and then call this method. That is, the objects returned are the objects of that user's organization. Second , if this is true, then returned objects include only those objects that the user (who successfully login) has access to or all the objects of the organization?

Any idea will be appreciated.

Mark
Hi
I am using https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8 to create new leads. Our testing shouws it was successfully submitted. We specified the the returl in the hiddent input field. However, after submission it stays in the https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8 page with message "Your request is queued" instead of redirecting to the return url we specified in the form. Any idea why this happened. Is there any setting that must be modified in salesforce to get the returl work?

Mark
I am working on an appexchange project that requires the addition of custom objects and of custom fields. 

1. Can I use sforce query lanaguage to add custom objects and custom fields. If yes, is there any example?
2.If not, is there any work around?

Mark
Hi,

Suppose I create an application and want to publish it under AppExchange. And a custom object is required in my application. Based on my past experience, in order for users of an account to use the application(composite/client), the custom ojbect has to be created in each account. This might be painful for users who don't have much technical experience. Is it possible to create the custom object in a simple declarative way? A possible solution is to upload a db table schema to the AppExchange directory when an applicaiton is published. Users in salesforce ui can have a dropdown list of those custom objects and if they select one and click create, it will automatically create for them.

Mark
Previously I assumed that the Contact ID (ex: 00300000001sDSg) for a contact was unique, but now I am seeing that this is not the case. Is this supposed to be unique?

In at least one case I have 2 contacts with the exact same Contact ID.
  • September 06, 2005
Hi,

I have the following issues and you guy's help will be apprecited

I created a custom object called Blog and then created a relationship making it linked to contact object through page layout. In The detailed page of contact, the blog object is listed at the bottom. I want to further modify the layout of the blog object in the contact detailed page in the follwing way:
1) Change the "New" tab to "New Post"
2) Make the "New Post" links to a web url(I created) instead of linking to the standard create pge
3)hide the stard "edit" and the "name" link fields because we want to that blog object created and edited through the custom web url.

Is it possible to achieve the above desired effects? If yes, how?

Mark

Hi

The contact id of the same contact is composed of different characters when getting it from a merged field of a web link and getting it from partner api. The example is:

00330000005RJCf (from merged field of contact id in the web link)

00330000005RJCfAAO (from a partner api query)