• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm curious what I should have done.  It's pretty doubtful that I was efficient on this one...

I have a Contact as a lookup field on an Opportunity. What I needed was a button for the User to select that would add the related Contact's mailing address (street/city/st/zip) to two different sets of address fields on the Opportunity (essentially a shipping/billing).

What I did was a detail page button with a content source of URL.  

I couldn't figure out how to directly call the SomeContact__r.MailingStreet  field so I created so I created four formula fields on the Opportunity that each get those SomeContact__r fields. 

What I ended up with was a URL with 8 instances of fields being merged in the URL as follows:

https://na4.salesforce.com/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&

SomeFieldID={!Opportunity.FormulaFieldToContactInfo__c}&....

&save=1

I'm assuming that URLs with Street in them could break in the future and I think I have to leave the Opportunity address fields on the page layout. 

Assuming this isn't the smart way to do it, what should I have done? 

Thank you.

I had an Excel issue and, having followed all the variations of uninstalling the add-in, deleting the toolbar, restarting Excel, and reinstalling the sforce_connect.xla.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the office and outlook environments from salesforce.  

My connector toolbar looks different than before when it would show me logged in / not logged in.

I receive:
"
Salesforce: Login()
unknown error
Object variable or With block variable not set. 
"

Any thoughts?

I had an Excel issue and, having followed all the variations of uninstalling the add-in, deleting the toolbar, restarting Excel, and reinstalling the sforce_connect.xla.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the office and outlook environments from salesforce.  

My connector toolbar looks different than before when it would show me logged in / not logged in.

I receive:
"
Salesforce: Login()
unknown error
Object variable or With block variable not set. 
"

Any thoughts?

I would really appreciate if somebody can point me to some samples or show me  how to create S-Control for Google Maps based on following object from SalesForce.com:

Account  è select any field from Account

Contact   è select any field from Contact