• Senior Analyst / Developer
  • Mobile Cloud Now

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to generate a PDF Form(including input fields) from the with the body of a visualforce page. I realise salesforce don't support this but does anyone have any suggestions for a 3rd party/app-exchange app that will let me generate a PDF form from HTML/Visual force.

The visualforce page's content changes alot based on the client's data thus some input fields would appear for some clients but not for others thus I can't use a static pdf form with the fields already embedded. Note I am NOT trying to populate a PDF form I am trying to generate a PDF form. I can already generate a PDF using the renderAs functionality, I just can't include input fields.

I've had a look at a number of services on the app exchange but they are all about merging a PDF Form or generating one manually from within salesforce using the UI.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoo

• June 04, 2013
how to add additional information to picklist value in salesforce.com
e.g. if picklist option is "<100 men" then i want to attach two additional value with i.e 1) 28%. 2)25
Hello,

So I am trying to create an Apex Trigger that updates a Master-Detail field upon import. I have included a scenario to aide in explaining:

I am mass importing several custom objects (call it Object1) and this object has a lookup field (Lookup1) that will have a value already being imported. Lookup1 relates to a separate custom object (Object2) which has a separate lookup field (Lookup2). When I import Object1, I want the Trigger to update a Master-Detail field (Master1) on Object1 with the value from Lookup2. I am pretty new to Apex and tried my shot at the Trigger but am having issues and not sure if I am even close. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Code:

trigger updateField on Object1(before insert, before update){

List<Object2> IFPIDs = new List<Object2>();
  for (Object1 obj: trigger.new){
   IFPIDs.add(obj.Lookup1);
  }

List<Object2> IFP = new List<Object2>([select id, Lookup2 from Object2 where id in: IFPIDs]);

for (Object1 obj: trigger.new){

for (integer i = 0; i < IFP.size(); i++){

if (IFP.Object2 == IFP[i].id){
        IFP[i].Master1 = Lookup2;
      }
    }
  }

update IFP;
}
each row contains save and edit links, when we click on edit then all the fields present in that row shold be in editable format
and when i click save then all fields present in that row should be in output format when i click edit in row1 , then row1 fields only in editable format
inputfields
remaining all rows contain output fields only

I am trying to generate a PDF Form(including input fields) from the with the body of a visualforce page. I realise salesforce don't support this but does anyone have any suggestions for a 3rd party/app-exchange app that will let me generate a PDF form from HTML/Visual force.

The visualforce page's content changes alot based on the client's data thus some input fields would appear for some clients but not for others thus I can't use a static pdf form with the fields already embedded. Note I am NOT trying to populate a PDF form I am trying to generate a PDF form. I can already generate a PDF using the renderAs functionality, I just can't include input fields.

I've had a look at a number of services on the app exchange but they are all about merging a PDF Form or generating one manually from within salesforce using the UI.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoo

• June 04, 2013