• CTO
  • Synaptic Laboratories Limited

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Salesforce VISUAL FLOW cannot assign the value of a PERCENT (x.x%) field to a NUMBER (x.x) field.

If we have a: Number(5,5) varA; 

And if we have a:  Percent(5,5) varB = 1.1%;

varA = varB;

The value of varA should be 1.1.  However the value of varA is set to null.  

The same problem also applies when trying to use Percent fields in Formulas in Flow.

The percentage data type is outright broken.  

This SERIOUS bug is verified to occur on my deployment ONLY in Witner '18 sandbox, and NOT in my Summer '17 production environment.  The FLOW hangs, without reporting ANY error messages (even when the debug log is set with FINE grain reporting) when: 

1) Using an assignment element:  The value of a picklist field of a custom object is assigned a PICKLIST VALUE.  The value being assigned is spelt correctly.

2) Any time after that assignment, a SCREEN element is opened in the flow.  At this point, the flow HANGS without displaying any of the content of that SCREEN element.  No errors are generated.  No debug log entry is generated (presumably because the flow Never Ends!)

It does not matter what PICKLIST value is used. It does not matter if picklist field is "Required" or not.  It does not matter if "Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set" is set or not. 

When i use change sets and move the flow from Winter '18 across to Summer '17, the flow works CORRECTLY on Summer '17.

If this fault is occuring in all Winter'18 deployments, it will affect a very large number of users.  

I attempt to file a critical bug report in the online support request for Salesforce system, but was unable to. So i am reporting this critical bug here.

This morning, my team and I are seeing problems in our Winter 18 sandboxes where standard related lists are not loading in Lightning Experience.  We just see the spinner, and the list never loads.  Things like "Notes", "Activities" etc are not loading, even after refreshing pages or logging out and back in.

Is anybody else seeing this, or is this a known issue they're working on?

Thanks

This SERIOUS bug is verified to occur on my deployment ONLY in Witner '18 sandbox, and NOT in my Summer '17 production environment.  The FLOW hangs, without reporting ANY error messages (even when the debug log is set with FINE grain reporting) when: 

1) Using an assignment element:  The value of a picklist field of a custom object is assigned a PICKLIST VALUE.  The value being assigned is spelt correctly.

2) Any time after that assignment, a SCREEN element is opened in the flow.  At this point, the flow HANGS without displaying any of the content of that SCREEN element.  No errors are generated.  No debug log entry is generated (presumably because the flow Never Ends!)

It does not matter what PICKLIST value is used. It does not matter if picklist field is "Required" or not.  It does not matter if "Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set" is set or not. 

When i use change sets and move the flow from Winter '18 across to Summer '17, the flow works CORRECTLY on Summer '17.

If this fault is occuring in all Winter'18 deployments, it will affect a very large number of users.  

I attempt to file a critical bug report in the online support request for Salesforce system, but was unable to. So i am reporting this critical bug here.

Hi. After our sandboxes were upgraded with Winter 18, the NewQuote visual force page is not working. This is a major blocker for our finance team as we are trying to roll out a new implementation but can't with this issue. 

The issue started today as our sandboxes were updated over the weekend. 

It works in Classic but we need it working in Lightning, as it did last week.  

I created a ticket but it was closed without being resolved as I was pointed here.  

The visualforce page is part of a managed SFDC package and, again worked in Lightning last week, but not now.  
We are using lightning components as quick actions in SF1. It looks like both 
 - force:closeQuickAction
 - force:showToast
are not working when using Salesforce1 on iPhones for Winter 18 sandboxes.
They still work on Android and in Summer 17 sandboxes and production environments.
Is anyone else seeing this problem? Should i assume that this will not get fixed before Winter 18 goes live?
This morning, my team and I are seeing problems in our Winter 18 sandboxes where standard related lists are not loading in Lightning Experience.  We just see the spinner, and the list never loads.  Things like "Notes", "Activities" etc are not loading, even after refreshing pages or logging out and back in.

Is anybody else seeing this, or is this a known issue they're working on?

Thanks

Hi. After our sandboxes were upgraded with Winter 18, the NewQuote visual force page is not working. This is a major blocker for our finance team as we are trying to roll out a new implementation but can't with this issue. 

The issue started today as our sandboxes were updated over the weekend. 

It works in Classic but we need it working in Lightning, as it did last week.  

I created a ticket but it was closed without being resolved as I was pointed here.  

The visualforce page is part of a managed SFDC package and, again worked in Lightning last week, but not now.  
Has anyone else using Communities in a preview org seen that default text color and size is no longer controlled by the branding Palette?  All components in my community, custom and OOTB are defaulting to what looks like a standard Salesforce color, #0059a7.

As an example, if I add a Rich Content Editor component and add text, it does not obey the Text Color Set in branding.

In the screenshot here you can see the Branding editor is defulating text color to #51515, but without adding any custom coloring in the Content Editor, the text is showing up as #0059a7.  This behavior is consistent in all components, custom and Standard.  
Incorrectly Colored Text

This issue occurs whether or not I have upgraded my Napili Template.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of the inspector, which shows the computed style and rule.

Inspector
In Winter '18, we are unable to consistently refresh Lightning components.  It appears that they display properly once or twice, but then we can no longer refresh the browser in any way to display the latest version.

We have tried to see the updated component in different browsers on the same machine and even on different machines. Its as though an older version of the component is being cached on the server.

Any ideas of what's happening?
This is basically the same question as https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F0000000BMONIA4, which is two years old and un-answered. There is documentation on enabling two-factor authentication for APIs, but nothing I can find for developers on how to provide the verification token as part of an API call.
The closest I get to real documentation for SOAP case is https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_concepts_security.htm. It seems to suggest that the two-factor token can perhaps be used in place of the standard security token, so appended to the password. Is this the case?
I've been informed that salesforce endpoint will change in November 2017?
Will it impacts the previous version of the API? I am currently using version 29.