• 5 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am creating a VF email template on Lead that is meant to render a PDF as an attachment, but keep getting the above error.  Any ideas would be appreciated!  My code is shown below:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Provider Application" recipientType="Lead" relatedToType="Lead">

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
        Dear {!recipient.name},

PLAIN TEXT BODY

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
         <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf" filename="{!relatedTo.Company}">
        <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.pdfresource, 'styles.css')}"/>
          <apex:image url="{!$Resource.Logo}"/>

FIELDS TO BE DISPLAYED

</apex:panelGrid>
        </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:attachment>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

• December 01, 2009
I have created a record type in Activities for a sample request. The sample request goes to another individual in our organization who then is responsible for seeing that the sample is shipped and tracking that it is received and the costs collected. What I need to do is find a way to provide the shipping information in the task without having the sample requestor retype it. Does anyone know if this is possible and what I would need to do to make it happen?

Thanks!
  • January 10, 2006

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I create a custom object - Call Report - which has a number of different fields.  Because we are still not integrated with Lotus Notes, I need to come up with some way to email the call report information without a lot of cut and paste.  Email option is not available from a custom object so I am trying to create a link that opens the email pop up window, calls an email template and then populate the template with info from the call report.  This is what I have so far:

https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F00630000001YuWK&what_id=00630000001YuWK&template_id=00X30000000fkTW&new_template=1&p2

So the email window opens, the template is called, the merge fields show up, but nothing gets populated.  I don't know how to call the info from the current call report.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Patti

• February 28, 2005

Using the sforce connector in excel when I query the Account table I keep getting an error message that says "error generated by request::duplicate field selected: Account_Type_c" 

I have no problems with the queries as long as I do not try to query the Account table.  It does not seem to matter which field I am querying from the Account table as I always receive the same message.  I do not experience this error when querying the Opportunity or contacts table.  To me, it looks like it is showing some sort of custom field -- any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks!

Patti

• January 11, 2005

On the Opportunity page we have the typical opportunity stages (target, qualify, etc.), but then have additional custom fields that correlate to each stage and are defaulted to "no."  Is it possible to automatically advance the stage field to the next stage when the user changes a field to "yes" meaning that all the appropriate checklists, paperwork, etc., were completed for that stage?

Thanks.

• January 06, 2005

Hi guys,

I have this Visualforce Page using an extension controller, and in it's constructor I get the standard controller instance to access the current record, as bellow:

public class MyControllerExtension{

private final Custom_Object__c customRecord;    
    private final Another_Object anotherObject;

private final Apexpages.Standardcontroller stdController; public MyControllerExtension(Apexpages.Standardcontroller sc){ stdController = sc; customRecord= (Custom_Object__c)stdController.getRecord(); anotherObject = new Another_Object(customRecord); } }

I have to pass the customRecord instance to this anotherObject, since anotherObject will refer (lookup) it.

So far, so good.

But I'm using this Visualforce page to create a new record of this object Custom_Object__c. So, when I call stdController.getRecord() it returns a Custom_Object__c instance with Id property = null. And it is ok, since at this time it doesn't have a record yet...

Then I  created a custom Save() method. this way I could save customRecord and anotherObject when my user click on save button.

public class MyControllerExtension{ private final Custom_Object__c customRecord; private final Another_Object anotherObject; private final Apexpages.Standardcontroller stdController; public MyControllerExtension(Apexpages.Standardcontroller sc){ stdController = sc; customRecord = (Custom_Object__c)stdController.getRecord(); anotherObject = new Another_Object(customRecord); } public PageReference save(){ PageReference result = stdController.save(); anotherObject.Save(); return result; } }

After the first line execution of this method (PageReference result = stdController.save()) I thought that the customRecord would have his Id updated with some value. But it didn't happen! So, when I called anotherObject.Save(); it didn't created the relationship, because anotherObject have a reference to customRecord with Id = null, even after called the save() method.

Then I tried (using debug) to get another stdController.getRecord() reference after call save() method. And then it worked !! The Custom_Object__c returned had his Id value.

So the only thing I can imagine is when I call save, it creates another Custom_Object__c instance inside the controller class... Am I right? What I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

PH

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I create a custom object - Call Report - which has a number of different fields.  Because we are still not integrated with Lotus Notes, I need to come up with some way to email the call report information without a lot of cut and paste.  Email option is not available from a custom object so I am trying to create a link that opens the email pop up window, calls an email template and then populate the template with info from the call report.  This is what I have so far:

https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F00630000001YuWK&what_id=00630000001YuWK&template_id=00X30000000fkTW&new_template=1&p2

So the email window opens, the template is called, the merge fields show up, but nothing gets populated.  I don't know how to call the info from the current call report.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Patti

• February 28, 2005

Using the sforce connector in excel when I query the Account table I keep getting an error message that says "error generated by request::duplicate field selected: Account_Type_c" 

I have no problems with the queries as long as I do not try to query the Account table.  It does not seem to matter which field I am querying from the Account table as I always receive the same message.  I do not experience this error when querying the Opportunity or contacts table.  To me, it looks like it is showing some sort of custom field -- any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks!

Patti

• January 11, 2005

I have created a custom object called Quote (related to an Opportunity) that captures all information necessary to request a quote from another department that is not using SFDC.  I would like to be able to send the details of a Quote record in an email to this other department and log it as an activity.  Since I cannot add "Send Email" Activity related list to this custom object, I was hoping to create a web link to the SFDC email page referencing the Quote object from which the link was clicked.  Then I wanted to use merge fields in an email template to "fill in" all the variable data associated with that Quote object. 

I can create the pop-up window to the email page, but merge fields fail to recognize the object I wish to pull data from.  Is what I'm trying to do possible?  If not, is there another workaround that allows me to send data from a record without having to create an sforce object that would use the WSDL to access the information in a separate process?

• July 17, 2004