• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an S-Control that pulls in fields from account, to calculate an overall value. Everything is working fine except the returning the value calulated been inserted back into salesforce.

I have used document.write to show all my variables are correct. ready to be inserted back to the account.

However, I am haing trouble with how to send the value into the account 

Var AcctId; //the account id
I have the variable x //my calculated field
and the field name Total overall value; //field in account

I am looking for some help or explanation how to return the var x, into the field "Total overall value" of the accout "AcctID";

Any help would be most grateful.AJ

We're trying to figure out if we should use a login-step for every service call to the SF API or if we should re-use the session after the first login. Do you know if the SF Outlook Plug-In re-uses the established SF session or if it uses a login for every service call?

Another question is about user profiles: Do you know what the SF Outlook Plug-In do with regard to Outlook user profiles? We're looking for informationen about multi-user functons, here.

Thanks for any help you can provide

AJ

I want to create an S-control to add a picture as an attachment to the contact you are in, that will upload and automatically be assigned to the contact(in that the link to the picture is inserted into a custom field).

My idea is to pull the contact ID, Name and email from the contact, then insert an attachment, the picture you specify by browsing, and then calling it the user ID or email, or use one in the description. Then after saving the attachment. Search attachments for that User ID or email and insert the the link web address + the attachment ID into a custom field that controls where the picture source is coming from. And then refresh the page to show the change.

Does anybody see any floors in my plan. It my first time using SOAP and Java script but i think i will be able to hack something together. Any pointers or suggestions would be more then welcome. AJ

Message Edited by AJ yorkshire on 02-16-2006 07:46 AM

Hi, is there any plans with the new release to manage user subscriptions and licensing.
we want to report on user licensing and invoices. Is there any plan to make the invoices reportable.

Thanx in advance.
hey, we want to develop an S-Control that sends data from an opportunity to a proxy,another system will then use this data sent to process and sent back to the opportunity via the proxy again. Does anybody have an ideas or example code for sending the data to a proxy from salesforce. Is this even possible ???

Any help would be most greatful.
AJ
hi, im looking for some basic information on single sign in. code snippets, information and descriptions if anyone knows of any out there. Thanks in advance

Message Edited by AJ yorkshire on 11-10-2005 07:27 AM

Hi all,

now i try to create a SControl where the result are a fields of the result object and I whant that this results are a link to the object. Does somebody  know how can i do this? 

Thanks, and best regards!

Elena
I have an S-Control that pulls in fields from account, to calculate an overall value. Everything is working fine except the returning the value calulated been inserted back into salesforce.

I have used document.write to show all my variables are correct. ready to be inserted back to the account.

However, I am haing trouble with how to send the value into the account 

Var AcctId; //the account id
I have the variable x //my calculated field
and the field name Total overall value; //field in account

I am looking for some help or explanation how to return the var x, into the field "Total overall value" of the accout "AcctID";

Any help would be most grateful.AJ

I want to create an S-control to add a picture as an attachment to the contact you are in, that will upload and automatically be assigned to the contact(in that the link to the picture is inserted into a custom field).

My idea is to pull the contact ID, Name and email from the contact, then insert an attachment, the picture you specify by browsing, and then calling it the user ID or email, or use one in the description. Then after saving the attachment. Search attachments for that User ID or email and insert the the link web address + the attachment ID into a custom field that controls where the picture source is coming from. And then refresh the page to show the change.

Does anybody see any floors in my plan. It my first time using SOAP and Java script but i think i will be able to hack something together. Any pointers or suggestions would be more then welcome. AJ

Message Edited by AJ yorkshire on 02-16-2006 07:46 AM

Is there any way (or will there be in the next release) to have a related list display field values of another object?

EXAMPLE

I have a custom object called "Campaign Component" - it has two fields - one field is a lookup to a Campaign and the other field is a lookup to another custom object called "Marketing Component".  So, you can see that my Campaign Component object acts as a many-to-many linkage between Campaigns and Marketing Components.   In the Campaigns tab, there is a related list for the Campaign Component object, but all I can display in the list is the Marketing Component name (and other Campaign Component fields if I wish).  Since the Campaign Component object is directly linked to a Marketing Component, will it be possible (in some future release) to display Marketing Component field values in the Campaign Component related list?

Thank you,

Scott

• September 16, 2005
Hello,

I am looking for a way to calculate the difference between two dates and enter that into a field using the Formula field type. I don't see anyway to do it yet. Is this possible?

Thanks,
SPowser