• 20 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In Setup, rename tabs and labels, Embedded Service is listed with lots of pre-translated values.  How do I reference them in my code?
Hi all,
After having a case open for 2 weeks with SF support, I'm told they can't help me with the Google Maps Lightning component that was released in Winter19.  This should be a known issue.  Is anyone else experiencing this error?  We see it in Sandbox and production, and have seen it intermittently in other orgs.  Please let me know if you have tried to use the component with any success!  Thanks in advance.
User-added image
Hi all,
Working on implementing the new "lightning service console" for a group of technicians.  When you select New Case, the Case screen is streamlined, but I need to change the buttons and can't see where I can do this!
User-added image
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to send an email from a flow I have created but am having a heck of a time with the text template formatting.  Seems that if I go to the WYSIWYG editor it jacks up the HTML.  I really need to insert an image on the template.  I saved it in a variable and tried to add it to the page that way and it showed up like 50 times.  Anyone figure out a good way to do some pretty basic formatting?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Hi all,
Been struggling with this a few days now.  I have a simple task, a lead comes in, and I need to notify the lead owner (who is a salesforce user) and allow them to forward the information to a contact at an account (our distribution network).   I have a lookup field to Account on the lead object.  I have a custom template with fields that merge from the lead object.  I need to be able to send the email "To" an account contact, but merge in the fields from the lead object.  I either end up with the lead fields merged in and the "To" going to the lead's email, or the "To" lookup displaying contacts, which is what we need, but then the merge fields not working.  

I have tried every combination of p2_lkid and p3_lkid and rtype set to 003 or 00Q, all to no avail, or an error message about the parameter length.  

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL={!Lead.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Lead.Dealer__c}&template_id=00X38000001fie4&p24=
{!Lead.OwnerEmail}   *** "To" button search points to contacts, merge fields are being populated with Contact info rather than lead

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&p2_lkid={!Lead.Dealer__c}&template_id=00X38000001fie4&p24=
{!Lead.OwnerEmail}  *** I change rtype to 00Q (lead) then the fields merge correctly, but the "To" lookup field displays leads, not contacts

I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who has done this successfully with a simple button using the EmailAuthor function.  
Thanks in advance!!!
Hey all,
This is probably really simple, but I've spent all morning and don't have it working.  I have a .NET webservice that my APEX code calls which returns back a list of orders.  It sends an http request to get the service to get the data.  The request being made is getOrders, but the result that comes back is "getOrdersResult", like this:

{"GetOrdersResult":[{"ActualBudget":"0.00","ActualCompletionDate":null,"ActualStartDate":null,"CustomerNo":"SS124","CustomerOrderNo":"","Directive":"New Test WO","EntryDate":"03\/12\/2014","PlannedBudget":"0.00","PlannedCompletionDate":"03\/13\/2014","PlannedStartDate":"03\/12\/2014","WorkOrderNo":"185815","WorkOrderStatus":"WORKREQUEST"},{"ActualBudget":"0.00","ActualCompletionDate":null,"ActualStartDate":null,"CustomerNo":"19231","CustomerOrderNo":"54749","Directive":"Two tower GARP inspection in San Antonio, TX","EntryDate":"01\/16\/2014","PlannedBudget":"0.00","PlannedCompletionDate":"","PlannedStartDate":"","WorkOrderNo":"179316","WorkOrderStatus":"RELEASED"}]}

In my apex I have a public class "myOrder" that contains all the values above.  My problem is deserializing this data into a list when it has a "parent", GetOrderResult. Currently I have this:
List<myOrder> myOrderList = ((GetOrders)System.JSON.deserializeStrict(res.getBody(), GetOrders.class)).GetOrdersResult;

Obviously this is an illegal assignment because "GetOrdersResult" is not viewed as a list.  How do I deserialize into a list of myOrder objects?
Any help is much appreciated!

I created an enhanced lookup filter for contacts, so that when a case is created only the contacts for the account selected are displayed.  In this example, the account has 20 contacts, but when the lookup is executed from the case screen, only 2 results are returned.  I talked to another user in another company who was only getting one result.  Is there a bug with this feature?

Here is the filter criteria:

Contact Name: Account Name ID equalsCase: Account Name ID

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

This is probably a simple one...I have a custom VF page for leads that is launched from a custom lead summary page.  I want the ownerID field to display with the users info in read only mode when creating the lead.  Instead I'm getting a drop list box for "User" or "Queue" and a lookup field for the users name.  It seems as if the page doesn't realize it's a "create a new record" type of action.  I'm displaying the lead data summary on a page with this button to launch the custom page:

<apex:outputLink styleClass="btn" value="{!$Page.riceLeads}"> New Rice Lead</apex:outputLink>

Do I need to add something to indicate to the custom page that this is a new lead?

We have a role for lead entry with several users.  The role is very limited, but when they enter a task on a lead, their user name is a link under the "assigned to" column and when clicked on they are able to edit user fields and we don't want them to.  Is there a way to lock down a user to the point of not being able to change user settings?

Hi All-

I'm sure this is simple but I can't find a simple answer.  I have a couple of different page layouts for leads that multiple users need to see.  Since a page layout is assigned per user, the only way around this was to create a visualforce page for the second page layout, time consuming but not a problem.   So now I need a way for the user to choose which page layout they see when creating a new lead.  I want to have them choose the LEADS tab, then from the LEADS HOME page launch new "custom" lead as well as the "standard" page layout that is assigned to them.

Is there a way to customize and add buttons to the TAB HOME page for a standard object like LEADS or do I have to create a VForce page to mimick this?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

I'm having a hard time finding any examples of this....is anyone using the sites technology to expose org information to internal employees that do not have SF licenses?  Specifically, I have a requirement for a group of users to view and update information coming in to SF from a web-to-lead form.  This is the only SF functionality they need, so it is cost prohibitive to buy licenses for them but I need more than email alerts.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!
Running Office 2007 and Vista, anyone else had problems with fields not populating correctly?  I add a merge field to my document using the office connector and it appears to be the correct field, but populates the field with wrong data or no data?

Sample of my template:
<<ACCOUNT_NAME>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTREET>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGCITY>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTATE>>  <<ACCOUNT_BILLINGPOSTALCODE>>

PHONE:  <<ACCOUNT_PHONE>>
FAX:        <<ACCOUNT_FAX>>
(other account details here in header section of page)

CONTACTS:
NAME                                                                           MOBILE                                                        HOME
<<CONTACTS_FIRSTNAME>>                        <<CONTACT_MOBILEPHONE>>             <<CONTACT_HOMEPHONE>>
  • September 12, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm working on Einstein Analytics for the first time and I am struggling with what I would have thought would be a straight forward change. In a table all of my date fields are appearing in Date/Time format e.g. 2018-07-01T00:00:00.000Z. How can I change this to just show DD/MM/yyyy format?

I have created a new survey in production environment using Survey Force from the app exchange by Salesforce Labs. When the survey is sent with caseid and contactid links from a case using an Email Template built with the Survey Force link within it. The user receives the email and survey link, can access and fill in the answers to the survey, BUT, when they attempt to Submit the answers, this message appears on top of page.

Error: Some error occured while saving response

Does anyone know what is causing this, I've checked multiple threads, enabled headers, permissions are properly set, access and visibility seem to be exactly as stated in install guide. Our org is heavily customized and lots of code but I cannot find the source of the error. Thank you for your help and time.

GabeError Message
I am trying to create a visualforce email template for the welcome email of my community.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bienvenido al Portal de empleo" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Community">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

To get started, go to {!Community_Url}

Thanks,
{!Organization.Name}
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I get the following error:

Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Community_Url'

Are recipientType="User" and relatedToType="Community" the right things to use? Where can I see the mergefields I can use?
Any help welcome!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
We are interested in using salesforce connect to connect to postgres db hosted on AWS. I understand my options to be the following:

• implement OData on AWS (build it)
  • use a tool to help with OData on AWS (buy it). The 2 I have played are Skyvia and DataDirect Cloud
  • use the Apex Connector Framework (build it)

I'm writing this post in the hope that someone else out here has already wrestled with these options and would be willing to share some advice. I have only had a quick play with Skyvia and DataDirect Cloud, and both seem to have issues...if results are not as expected, it is difficult to debug. Are these tools worth spending anymore time...can they be made to work with a little more persistence? Are there any similar products that are better?

As far as the 2 build options go....you're talking to a salesforce admin that can hack a bit of Apex, and psql, but that's about it....I have read the docs on apex connector framework and it seems feasible, but I have no idea how this would compare to building on AWS. So, it would be great if someone could provide a quick comparison on the differences to these 2 approaches. 

Thanks!!!

Hi all,
Been struggling with this a few days now.  I have a simple task, a lead comes in, and I need to notify the lead owner (who is a salesforce user) and allow them to forward the information to a contact at an account (our distribution network).   I have a lookup field to Account on the lead object.  I have a custom template with fields that merge from the lead object.  I need to be able to send the email "To" an account contact, but merge in the fields from the lead object.  I either end up with the lead fields merged in and the "To" going to the lead's email, or the "To" lookup displaying contacts, which is what we need, but then the merge fields not working.  

I have tried every combination of p2_lkid and p3_lkid and rtype set to 003 or 00Q, all to no avail, or an error message about the parameter length.  

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL={!Lead.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Lead.Dealer__c}&template_id=00X38000001fie4&p24=
{!Lead.OwnerEmail}   *** "To" button search points to contacts, merge fields are being populated with Contact info rather than lead

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?retURL={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&p2_lkid={!Lead.Dealer__c}&template_id=00X38000001fie4&p24=
{!Lead.OwnerEmail}  *** I change rtype to 00Q (lead) then the fields merge correctly, but the "To" lookup field displays leads, not contacts

I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who has done this successfully with a simple button using the EmailAuthor function.  
Thanks in advance!!!
I'm trying to get the background color of my text template in a visual flow to be white. However, whenever I use standard HTML syntax it doesn't reflect on the output. 

I've tried putting it in a header
<h2 style="background-color:white">
Background-color set by using red
</h2>

I've tried putting the text inside a table and setting the color of the background of the table. 

Is this a limitation of text templates in visual flows? Or am I missing something obvious? 
Hi All,

Up front I want to say forgive me for asking a question like this here but Support tells me this is my only next course of action. I have downloaded and installed PKB3 from the appexchange but am running into an issue I can not figure out how to fix. I configured everything and it looks the way I want when I preview the pkb_home page but when the force.com site is activated the only thing that shows it the in maintenance page. I have combed through all the help documents I can find on it along with the implementation guide from the PKB3 app page itself (which is outdated from summer 2013). I'm sure I'm missing a simple step somewhere, would anyone know why this is happening. Sorry if I do not have all the information you may need to answer but I don't even know what you would need in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
James Gleason

I have the following problem:

LastName is a required field on a Lead. Is there a way to change that? I have a requirement stating that Last Name should be optional, but no way to change it. Any ideas?

Thank you.

This is probably a simple one...I have a custom VF page for leads that is launched from a custom lead summary page.  I want the ownerID field to display with the users info in read only mode when creating the lead.  Instead I'm getting a drop list box for "User" or "Queue" and a lookup field for the users name.  It seems as if the page doesn't realize it's a "create a new record" type of action.  I'm displaying the lead data summary on a page with this button to launch the custom page:

<apex:outputLink styleClass="btn" value="{!$Page.riceLeads}"> New Rice Lead</apex:outputLink>

Do I need to add something to indicate to the custom page that this is a new lead?

We have a role for lead entry with several users.  The role is very limited, but when they enter a task on a lead, their user name is a link under the "assigned to" column and when clicked on they are able to edit user fields and we don't want them to.  Is there a way to lock down a user to the point of not being able to change user settings?

I'm having a hard time finding any examples of this....is anyone using the sites technology to expose org information to internal employees that do not have SF licenses?  Specifically, I have a requirement for a group of users to view and update information coming in to SF from a web-to-lead form.  This is the only SF functionality they need, so it is cost prohibitive to buy licenses for them but I need more than email alerts.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

I have a data table exposing Opportunity fields on a visual force page. It works fine within Salesforce.  I created a site, set the page as the home page for my site, and no data shows.  The page title and column headers show fine, so I know it's not a security issue with the entire page.

I have set the field accesibility of every field I am referencing, used the Public Access button to make sure the opportunities object is readable, and checked everything I can think of.

The only thing that I can imagine is affecting this is that I am using record types on Opportunities, but I can't find any settings to change behavior based on record types. My visual force code doesn't reference record types at all, and all records are shown when I access the page within salesforce.com

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm excited about getting my first site up and running, and if I can't expose data it won't be much use!

• December 02, 2009