• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a scenario where a custom object(X) is child to Account object(master detail). What I want is to copy some value for my custom object to a field in Account object. For that I created another field on account object which is a lookup to object X. Then I created formula field (type number) having value:

X__r.desired field__c

There was no value copied, instead it showed 0.0. Pls help? Thanks in advance.

• April 14, 2009

Hi,

I want to display a value as 123,456.99. So I write as decimal.setscale(2).format()

This is working fine for values having two digits for decimal. But say if I have an integer it displays 123,456 instead of 123,456.00. Or if a value is 123,456.90 it displays 123,456.9.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

• April 13, 2009
I want an approval process where I dont know how many people are there in hierarchy chain. Though we assume it to be maximum 7. For that I have created 7 step approval step, at entry of each step I am checking the criteria if theuser's manager is not null. If it is not null then enter the step else go to next step. At the last step I have the criteria that user's manager is null. Say I submitted a record for approval and I have 2 managers in hierarchy chain. So as per me my approval process should go to step1 then skip step2,3,4,5,6 and then go to step7. This looks simple but unfortunately its not working and throwing error that manager's field is empty. Can anyone help. Thanks
  • April 09, 2009
Hi

Supposing opportunity detail page is there and I need to "divide" that
page in 5 tabs(these are not the ones for related lists)...

Say there are 10 fields,3 standard buttons...and we want a scenario like:
1st tab: 2 fields
2nd tab: 2 fields..and so on.

Also retaining the standard buttons, on top of page...thoughts would be highly appreciated.
  • August 05, 2008

We have a scenario where a custom object(X) is child to Account object(master detail). What I want is to copy some value for my custom object to a field in Account object. For that I created another field on account object which is a lookup to object X. Then I created formula field (type number) having value:

X__r.desired field__c

There was no value copied, instead it showed 0.0. Pls help? Thanks in advance.

• April 14, 2009

Hi,

I want to display a value as 123,456.99. So I write as decimal.setscale(2).format()

This is working fine for values having two digits for decimal. But say if I have an integer it displays 123,456 instead of 123,456.00. Or if a value is 123,456.90 it displays 123,456.9.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

• April 13, 2009
I want an approval process where I dont know how many people are there in hierarchy chain. Though we assume it to be maximum 7. For that I have created 7 step approval step, at entry of each step I am checking the criteria if theuser's manager is not null. If it is not null then enter the step else go to next step. At the last step I have the criteria that user's manager is null. Say I submitted a record for approval and I have 2 managers in hierarchy chain. So as per me my approval process should go to step1 then skip step2,3,4,5,6 and then go to step7. This looks simple but unfortunately its not working and throwing error that manager's field is empty. Can anyone help. Thanks
  • April 09, 2009
Every user record in our SFDC org has a User.Manager listed, except our CEO. SFDC won't allow a circular relationship, and every other user already reports to someone else, so SFDC won't let us list any other user as the CEO's manager (even, say, the CEO's assistant, or the VP of HR).

When using User.Manager to route approvals, this becomes a serious issue. We've implemented Expense Reports in SFDC, and use the Manager hierarchy for automatic routing. Finance is only triggered to pay approved expense reports. Therefore, we'd like the CEO's expense reports to route to our VP of Finance for approval.

We tried putting an inactive user in the CEO's User.Manager field, but it didn't work. When the CEO tries submitting an expense report for approval, SFDC complains that "This approval request requires the next approver to be determined by the Manager field. This value is empty. Please contact your administrator for more information." (Of course, the value isn't "empty," it's pointing to an inactive user.)

Any ideas for how to route approvals for the top of the manager hierarchy, i.e. our CEO?
Hi

Supposing opportunity detail page is there and I need to "divide" that
page in 5 tabs(these are not the ones for related lists)...

Say there are 10 fields,3 standard buttons...and we want a scenario like:
1st tab: 2 fields
2nd tab: 2 fields..and so on.

Also retaining the standard buttons, on top of page...thoughts would be highly appreciated.
  • August 05, 2008
Is it possible to have tabs on a Visualforce page that gets values from within the same object?
From my understanding, tabs only work with related list.
Can someone please confirm?

Thanks!