• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm receiving the exception above when I embed a custom visual force component from a managed package in a visual force page.  In particular the VisualForce page has to be in a developer org that has a namespace associated with it. 

In the dev org I have a managed package installed which contains the FileIt custom component, I have a custom object that has the API name of dboxtestpck__Test_Object__c and I have a visualforce page that looks like this:

<apex:page standardController="Test_Object__c">
    <style> body { margin-left:0px !important ;margin-right:0px !important; } </style>
    <wbdbox:FileIt />
</apex:page>

This page displayed correctly until I made the dev org have a namespace; at that point I got this strange exception.

I am the developer of the custom component and I have striped this all the way back to the bare minimum to cause the error - all the component now has in it is a pageBlock (which interestingly seems in the stack trace to be the element that is being rendered when the exception is thrown)

I have also already raised a case for this, only to have it closed down as out of scope so please, no suggestions to raise one as I've already hit that brick wall!

Does anyone have any idea why I might be seeing this exception? It feels like it's something to do with the renderer for the pageBlock not knowing that it's in a namespace and therefore not being able to find the custom object, but this seems ridiculous. There must be a sensible reason for this error.

Thanks for your help...

Simon

This is the stack trace that I'm receiving...

Exception type: class core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException
Exception msg: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
Stack trace:
core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
at core.apexpages.components.framework.controller.AbstractStandardController.getEntityInfo(AbstractStandardController.java:1165)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.getPageEntityInfo(ApexComponentUtil.java:500)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.getPageBlockMotif(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:297)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.encodeBegin(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:89)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:934)
at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:826)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChild(ApexComponentUtil.java:2039)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChildren(ApexComponentUtil.java:2026)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeChildren(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:112)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.access$1701(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:58)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChild(ApexComponentUtil.java:2039)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChildren(ApexComponentUtil.java:2026)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeChildren(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:112)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPagesPageComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesPageComponent.java:185)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:936)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeAll(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:134)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:942)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.encodeAll(ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.java:74)
at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:565)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ApexViewHandlerImpl.java:252)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:100)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:176)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.phase(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:161)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.render(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:88)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:530)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.run(NamespaceRunner.java:167)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.runWithVersion(NamespaceRunner.java:129)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.runLifecycle(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.handlePage(ApexViewServlet.java:285)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.serviceInternal(BaseApplicationServlet.java:123)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.doService(BaseApplicationServlet.java:66)
at common.request.servlet.ProtectedHttpServlet.service(ProtectedHttpServlet.java:29)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:103)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:206)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(ApexViewXMLFilter.java:25)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:388)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:515)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewFilter.doFilter(ApexViewFilter.java:26)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
at system.filter.StatsOnlyFilter.doFilter(StatsOnlyFilter.java:105)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
at system.filter.PostGzipFilter.doFilter(PostGzipFilter.java:30)
at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:151)
at klein.GzipFilterProxy.doFilter(GzipFilterProxy.java:22)
at system.filter.SharedGzipFilter.doFilter(SharedGzipFilter.java:28)
at security.services.CookieCatalogFilter.doFilter(CookieCatalogFilter.java:70)
at system.filter.ChromeFrameFilter.doFilter(ChromeFrameFilter.java:75)
at system.filter.SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.doFilter(SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.java:98)
at system.filter.SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.doFilter(SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.java:98)
at core.dns.filter.CustomDomainMappingFilter.doFilter(CustomDomainMappingFilter.java:168)
at core.dns.filter.SiteRedirectMappingFilter.doFilter(SiteRedirectMappingFilter.java:138)
at core.dns.filter.BandwidthMeterFilter.doFilter(BandwidthMeterFilter.java:99)
at system.filter.OrgDomainFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainFilter.java:58)
at system.filter.BasePreGzipFilter.doFilter(BasePreGzipFilter.java:122)
at system.filter.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:154)
at system.filter.XssFilter.doFilter(XssFilter.java:168)
at system.filter.ModifiableParameterFilter.doFilter(ModifiableParameterFilter.java:30)
at system.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:64)
at system.filter.InstanceRedirectFilter.doFilter(InstanceRedirectFilter.java:770)
at routing.filter.RemoteAddrFilterBase.doFilter(RemoteAddrFilterBase.java:70)
at system.filter.LegacyJSPFilter.doFilter(LegacyJSPFilter.java:206)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.requestIsNotForSites(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:157)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilterInternal(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:281)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilter(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:195)
at routing.filter.LoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(LoadBalancerFilter.java:62)
at routing.loadbalancer.SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.java:52)
at common.util.database.ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.doFilter(ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.java:57)
at system.orgdomain.OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.java:82)
at system.context.ContextReleaseFilter.doFilter(ContextReleaseFilter.java:71)
at lib.logging.context.RequestIdFilter.doFilter(RequestIdFilter.java:24)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:187)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:266)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:272)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:704)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:721)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:643)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Client headers:
Host=dboxtestpck.na9.visual.force.com
Connection=keep-alive
User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5
Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8
Accept-Charset=ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
Cookie=oinfo=c3RhdHVzPURFTU8mdHlwZT0yJm9pZD0wMEQzMDAwMDAwMG1WS04=; umps_clientId=749922-005E0000000ieYw; appexchange_recentAppIds=a0N30000003HUS1EAO#a0N30000007pS5hEAE; autocomplete=1; webact=%7B%22l_vdays%22%3A-1%2C%22l_visit%22%3A1340615038000%2C%22session%22%3A1340620399839%2C%22l_search%22%3A%22%22%2C%22l_dtype%22%3A%22External%20Websites%22%2C%22l_page%22%3A%22APPX%3Aus%3Asetupmodule%22%2C%22counter%22%3A1%2C%22pv%22%3A1%2C%22f_visit%22%3A1340613358942%2C%22version%22%3A%22w172.1%22%2C%22customer%22%3A1340613358942%7D; sid=00DE0000000ZGlY!ARsAQGy0SLS8Kohv2XjIBwIU0LarvOYiZiRdRZGpkXN8EYhN0mW4HcWSssiRIRsG.tVoDZUm0Y0chOHRnCJvWkdiTcMqSkrF; sid_Client=0000000ieYw0000000ZGlY; clientsrc=86.143.131.166; inst=APPE; RSID=xt3K7sJc075py04nfK_WdDuAB7KL.1yHfmP4YHpXkUzNGSXzyMN8LmWJ2OFwCr7w.9vrqyPZBoaddJe5tqX0j8SltV.kYqpDP1xaISSew2FNPkOzk_QDTe71_aVnDRoednfLRPYgkXJNsZFoiCWj7jm1JyyKnToSBikNW4NMHjlaVzdP5r1nM5fe0obpbXzwPvN7Sph0ggJnc.mHOktbPg==
CipherSuite=RC4-MD5 TLSv1 128-bits
X-Salesforce-SIP=86.143.131.166
X-Salesforce-Forwarded-To=na9.salesforce.com

Parameters:

I'm receiving the exception above when I embed a custom visual force component from a managed package in a visual force page.  In particular the VisualForce page has to be in a developer org that has a namespace associated with it. 

In the dev org I have a managed package installed which contains the FileIt custom component, I have a custom object that has the API name of dboxtestpck__Test_Object__c and I have a visualforce page that looks like this:

<apex:page standardController="Test_Object__c">
    <style> body { margin-left:0px !important ;margin-right:0px !important; } </style>
    <wbdbox:FileIt />
</apex:page>

This page displayed correctly until I made the dev org have a namespace; at that point I got this strange exception.

I am the developer of the custom component and I have striped this all the way back to the bare minimum to cause the error - all the component now has in it is a pageBlock (which interestingly seems in the stack trace to be the element that is being rendered when the exception is thrown)

I have also already raised a case for this, only to have it closed down as out of scope so please, no suggestions to raise one as I've already hit that brick wall!

Does anyone have any idea why I might be seeing this exception? It feels like it's something to do with the renderer for the pageBlock not knowing that it's in a namespace and therefore not being able to find the custom object, but this seems ridiculous. There must be a sensible reason for this error.

Thanks for your help...

Simon

This is the stack trace that I'm receiving...

Exception type: class core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException
Exception msg: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
Stack trace:
core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
at core.apexpages.components.framework.controller.AbstractStandardController.getEntityInfo(AbstractStandardController.java:1165)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.getPageEntityInfo(ApexComponentUtil.java:500)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.getPageBlockMotif(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:297)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.encodeBegin(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:89)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:934)
at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:826)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.access$1701(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:58)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPagesPageComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesPageComponent.java:185)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:936)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeAll(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:134)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:942)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.encodeAll(ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.java:74)
at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:565)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ApexViewHandlerImpl.java:252)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:100)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:176)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.phase(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:161)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.render(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:88)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:530)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.run(NamespaceRunner.java:167)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.runWithVersion(NamespaceRunner.java:129)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.runLifecycle(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.handlePage(ApexViewServlet.java:285)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.serviceInternal(BaseApplicationServlet.java:123)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.doService(BaseApplicationServlet.java:66)
at common.request.servlet.ProtectedHttpServlet.service(ProtectedHttpServlet.java:29)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:103)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:206)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(ApexViewXMLFilter.java:25)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:388)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:515)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewFilter.doFilter(ApexViewFilter.java:26)
at system.filter.StatsOnlyFilter.doFilter(StatsOnlyFilter.java:105)
at system.filter.PostGzipFilter.doFilter(PostGzipFilter.java:30)
at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:151)
at klein.GzipFilterProxy.doFilter(GzipFilterProxy.java:22)
at system.filter.SharedGzipFilter.doFilter(SharedGzipFilter.java:28)
at security.services.CookieCatalogFilter.doFilter(CookieCatalogFilter.java:70)
at system.filter.ChromeFrameFilter.doFilter(ChromeFrameFilter.java:75)
at core.dns.filter.CustomDomainMappingFilter.doFilter(CustomDomainMappingFilter.java:168)
at core.dns.filter.SiteRedirectMappingFilter.doFilter(SiteRedirectMappingFilter.java:138)
at core.dns.filter.BandwidthMeterFilter.doFilter(BandwidthMeterFilter.java:99)
at system.filter.OrgDomainFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainFilter.java:58)
at system.filter.BasePreGzipFilter.doFilter(BasePreGzipFilter.java:122)
at system.filter.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:154)
at system.filter.XssFilter.doFilter(XssFilter.java:168)
at system.filter.ModifiableParameterFilter.doFilter(ModifiableParameterFilter.java:30)
at system.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:64)
at system.filter.InstanceRedirectFilter.doFilter(InstanceRedirectFilter.java:770)
at routing.filter.RemoteAddrFilterBase.doFilter(RemoteAddrFilterBase.java:70)
at system.filter.LegacyJSPFilter.doFilter(LegacyJSPFilter.java:206)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.requestIsNotForSites(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:157)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilterInternal(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:281)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilter(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:195)
at routing.filter.LoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(LoadBalancerFilter.java:62)
at routing.loadbalancer.SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.java:52)
at common.util.database.ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.doFilter(ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.java:57)
at system.orgdomain.OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.java:82)
at system.context.ContextReleaseFilter.doFilter(ContextReleaseFilter.java:71)
at lib.logging.context.RequestIdFilter.doFilter(RequestIdFilter.java:24)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:187)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:266)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:272)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:704)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:721)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:643)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Client headers:
Host=dboxtestpck.na9.visual.force.com
Connection=keep-alive
User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5
Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8
Accept-Charset=ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
Cookie=oinfo=c3RhdHVzPURFTU8mdHlwZT0yJm9pZD0wMEQzMDAwMDAwMG1WS04=; umps_clientId=749922-005E0000000ieYw; appexchange_recentAppIds=a0N30000003HUS1EAO#a0N30000007pS5hEAE; autocomplete=1; webact=%7B%22l_vdays%22%3A-1%2C%22l_visit%22%3A1340615038000%2C%22session%22%3A1340620399839%2C%22l_search%22%3A%22%22%2C%22l_dtype%22%3A%22External%20Websites%22%2C%22l_page%22%3A%22APPX%3Aus%3Asetupmodule%22%2C%22counter%22%3A1%2C%22pv%22%3A1%2C%22f_visit%22%3A1340613358942%2C%22version%22%3A%22w172.1%22%2C%22customer%22%3A1340613358942%7D; sid=00DE0000000ZGlY!ARsAQGy0SLS8Kohv2XjIBwIU0LarvOYiZiRdRZGpkXN8EYhN0mW4HcWSssiRIRsG.tVoDZUm0Y0chOHRnCJvWkdiTcMqSkrF; sid_Client=0000000ieYw0000000ZGlY; clientsrc=86.143.131.166; inst=APPE; RSID=xt3K7sJc075py04nfK_WdDuAB7KL.1yHfmP4YHpXkUzNGSXzyMN8LmWJ2OFwCr7w.9vrqyPZBoaddJe5tqX0j8SltV.kYqpDP1xaISSew2FNPkOzk_QDTe71_aVnDRoednfLRPYgkXJNsZFoiCWj7jm1JyyKnToSBikNW4NMHjlaVzdP5r1nM5fe0obpbXzwPvN7Sph0ggJnc.mHOktbPg==
CipherSuite=RC4-MD5 TLSv1 128-bits
X-Salesforce-SIP=86.143.131.166
X-Salesforce-Forwarded-To=na9.salesforce.com

Parameters:

I have a managed package which has passed security review and has Aloha status.

However when I install it into a Professional or Group Edition of Salesforce I receive an error message telling me that the install failed - the message is included below.. the reference numbers change each time but the message is consistent.

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 48494661-19193 (1381620309)

Installing this package into any other Edition works without fail. I have persisited with this install as well, repeatedly trying it.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? I have gone through normal channels but am looking for something extra that might help me solve this situation quicker - someone must have seen something like this before.

The package is mine so I can make changes to it if needed - just need some guidence of what to change.

I know it's all a bit vague but any hints, other than give up, would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Simon

Hi,

any one knows how to copy data from one sandbox to other sandbox

I need to copy account,products, opportunity data to other sandbox.

please post me how to do that .

Thank you.

• November 04, 2010