• Salesforce Consultant
  • Merck

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Contact related object called Guest Student Information. On the Guest Student Information object there is a field called Arrival Date. I want to populate that date in a corresponding field (Arrival Date) on the Contact object so I can use it in the list view. Seem to be having trouble creating a Cross Object Formula to enable this. Any suggestions? 
Hi, I have a validation rule defined on the order products object. But when the validation rule fails on the order product multi line page (the page where we add multiple order products), the error message is not displayed. The save does not happen which is good but the user is redirected to the same page without any message. I can however see in the developer console logs that the validation rule failed. The validation rule error works properly if triggered via the standard salesforce edit page for order products. Any idea why?
Not sure why I'm having trouble with this but here goes. I am trying to create a Cross Object formula which is a simple one, but don't seem to be getting it right.

I have two related objects the Contact object with a related object called Board Member Tracking. On the Board Member Tracking object there is a section called Member Position and Service Duration which has 10 individual picklists, one for each type of Board Member. I've been asked to make the contents of these fields visible on the Contact object, so they can be used in creating List Views that show those results. I can't seem to get this to work. Can anyone help with the solution and an example of how this can be executed as a Cross Object formula. Thanks in advance. 

Also is there any blog or trailhead to learn more on best practises for Adoption dashboards?
At what percentage I can set up my API usage notification according to the best practice(Users- 120, Current api limit - 500,000)?

I have created BoatSearchForm.cmp, BoatSearchResults.cmp, and BoatSearch.cmp, as described in the business requirements but I am unable to make the Boatsearchform look similar to the use case. I did not add any styling or controller to it yet. Any advice is appreciated.
Boat Search form
Component:
User-added image
I have created Email2case, all setup was done properly, routing address is also verified. But Still case is not creating. Is there any assignment rule need to setup or what Please help.
I have a Contact related object called Guest Student Information. On the Guest Student Information object there is a field called Arrival Date. I want to populate that date in a corresponding field (Arrival Date) on the Contact object so I can use it in the list view. Seem to be having trouble creating a Cross Object Formula to enable this. Any suggestions? 
Hi, I have a validation rule defined on the order products object. But when the validation rule fails on the order product multi line page (the page where we add multiple order products), the error message is not displayed. The save does not happen which is good but the user is redirected to the same page without any message. I can however see in the developer console logs that the validation rule failed. The validation rule error works properly if triggered via the standard salesforce edit page for order products. Any idea why?
Not sure why I'm having trouble with this but here goes. I am trying to create a Cross Object formula which is a simple one, but don't seem to be getting it right.

I have two related objects the Contact object with a related object called Board Member Tracking. On the Board Member Tracking object there is a section called Member Position and Service Duration which has 10 individual picklists, one for each type of Board Member. I've been asked to make the contents of these fields visible on the Contact object, so they can be used in creating List Views that show those results. I can't seem to get this to work. Can anyone help with the solution and an example of how this can be executed as a Cross Object formula. Thanks in advance. 

Hello guys,
I need to copy a value from one recordtype to another, can i do it?
With a formula field or a workflow... i don´t really know.
Hi,

I am trying to use Process Builder to Create a Opportunity (Custom Opportunity object) when the parent Customer record has a certain field set as true.

The problem I am having is that, the Master Detail field on the child Opportunity record that uses the name of the parent Customer Object needs to be populated as it is a required field having been created as a master detail field.

The options I see when creating this new Opportunity record, for the field Customer name are to use ID, Reference or Formula (I am assuming this is the route I need to go down).

Any ideas or help on how I cna get this Child record to be populated with the Parent Customer Name?

Thanks