• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
Prestodb.io was recommended to me to run queries I'm struggling with in SOQLXplorer (due to record volume/size). I'm an advanced admin but not a developer. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this product is something a non-developer can work with.

Thanks!
I'm trying to run some queries with SOQLXplorer and I'm having issues with it repeatedly timing out. I'm wondering if there is something I can do to prevent this. 
To give some context, the repeated timeouts are for objects with a total of 10m+ records. I've tried the below without luck so I'm wondering if anyone else has other suggestions. Thanks!
-running the query during non-peak/work hours
-narrowing the criteria to small windows such as 1 day
I'm researching data archiving for my organization. I know there are applications we can purchase such as DataArchiva and OwnBackup but I also know that you can DIY with Big Objects.

I was wondering if anyone has done this or knows much about it. Someone told me that Salesforce now offers some data archiving functionality with Big Objects (automating deletion and transfer of records). I've never heard this and was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable about this. My google search to find information about salesforce archiving functionality and big objects isn't returning anything helpful. Thanks!

My organization is looking to archive some records some I'm running some preliminary numbers for records we might want to archive.  I'd like to run a bunch of standard queries looking at records created >4 years ago.  When I add 'WHERE CreatedDate != LAST_N_DAYS:1460' at the end of my query I'm not getting anything. Is this the wrong way to do this query?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I am trying to create a soql query and pull in a field from the custom object whose ID appears in the task whatId/'related to' field.

I've tried what resembles the below in the query but nothing is working. Is the fact that whatId is a polymorphic field preventing me from being able to grab the field in the related object? Or can someone tell me how to do this if it's possible?

customobjectname__c.customobjectfield__r
customobjectname__r.customobjectifeld__c
whatId__r.customobjectfield__c

Thank you in advance for your help!

I have run demand tools with a hard delete for over 2m records.  From what I see most of them are gone but our data storage % hasn't changed.  I saw that the update is asynchronous but many of these were deleted yesterday so I expected some kind of change in our storage usage.  Am I missing something?
I want to export 2.7m records using Salesforce Data Loader.  I'm doing this in UAT and mostly it seems fine.  I want to export these records to have them on file because we want to delete them from Salesforce.  

The problem is that the export file (excel) will only show a little over 1 million rows.  I'm not sure if there is a way to export into multiple files.  If there is please let me know.  
Alternatively, I was trying to add criteria to break out the export by record created date, but I can't get the formatting to work.  I've tried a couple of things that look like '2013-06-11T13:54:00Z' but neither of them produces any records.  I don't get an error but I don't get any records.  
Can anyone provide suggestions on how to best do this?  If I just jump straight to deleting the data will Data Loader return a file to me with the data that was deleted?  Or maybe Workbench is the better option?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm trying to run some queries with SOQLXplorer and I'm having issues with it repeatedly timing out. I'm wondering if there is something I can do to prevent this. 
To give some context, the repeated timeouts are for objects with a total of 10m+ records. I've tried the below without luck so I'm wondering if anyone else has other suggestions. Thanks!
-running the query during non-peak/work hours
-narrowing the criteria to small windows such as 1 day
I have run demand tools with a hard delete for over 2m records.  From what I see most of them are gone but our data storage % hasn't changed.  I saw that the update is asynchronous but many of these were deleted yesterday so I expected some kind of change in our storage usage.  Am I missing something?