• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Good morning.
We've a contact associated with account with LastName='?' (a questionmark as value) and FirstName='Test' . When i do a select like this: select Id,FirstName,LastName from Contact where LastName='?' i get an empty resultset back. It's the same when LastName has a period as a value. When i change the LastName value to something else i get back that record correctly. Is there something i miss here.

thank you,
/Jaanek
  • April 05, 2005
Hello. I'm trying to set an AccountShare for a user with AccountAccessLevel=Edit, OpportunityAccessLevel=Read and CaseAccessLevel=None .
While i do this for a half of accounts it's setting them but it rejects to set it for the other half of accounts (different accounts & users). Below is a soap messages that fail & for the one that succeeds. Can you give me a reference what i may doing wrong? Or is it related with not setting the "RowCause" field?

Thank you.

FAIL SOAP MESSAGES:

REQUEST.

001300000053lWbAAI
00530000000eqfzAAA
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

false

SUCCESS SOAP MESSSAGES:
REQUEST.

001300000053hrTAAQ
00530000000eVPPAA2
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

00r3000000DnGwxAAF
true
  • March 28, 2005
Hello. I'm trying to set an AccountShare for a user with AccountAccessLevel=Edit, OpportunityAccessLevel=Read and CaseAccessLevel=None .
While i do this for a half of accounts it's setting them but it rejects to set it for the other half of accounts (different accounts & users). Below is a soap messages that fail & for the one that succeeds. Can you give me a reference what i may doing wrong? Or is it related with not setting the "RowCause" field?

Thank you.

FAIL SOAP MESSAGES:

REQUEST.

001300000053lWbAAI
00530000000eqfzAAA
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

false

SUCCESS SOAP MESSSAGES:
REQUEST.

001300000053hrTAAQ
00530000000eVPPAA2
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

00r3000000DnGwxAAF
true
  • March 28, 2005

Our client has a requirement to use SControls (with Applets embedded). Lets say that we create a Java Applet (and sign it), can we deploy a huge jar file (Containing the Java custom implementation with the axis libraries that it needs to run) ?

Any documentation on how to Sign applets would be appreciated.

Do we have any sample or tutorial to help us?

Thank You

Venk

When I run my Java app to connect to Salesforce, I get an INVALID_LOGIN exception, even though I am using my developer account login and password, which obviously logged me in just fine via the web because here I am. I am using Java 1.4.2, Axis 1.0 (I cannot upgrade to 1.1 without risking breakage of other stuff, sorry) and the Sforce 3.0 API. My password contains no special characters. What could be wrong?

DJH
  • July 21, 2004