• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As of this morning, Monday Feb 19, 2007 I cannot login successfully in the production ORG (NA4) using a java application that has been in production for over 8 months.  I executed this code successfully last Friday (Feb 16, 2007).
The application works fine when I point to the sandbox account.  My case number is  01123968.
Here is the code that fails:

public void login (String userName, String pwd, String env){

try {
            service = new SforceService();
            if (env.length()> 0){
                service.setSoapEndpointAddress("https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0");
            } else {
                service.setSoapEndpointAddress("https://salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0");
            }
            binding = (SoapBindingStub) service.getSoap();
//            binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
        } catch (ServiceException ex1) {
            System.out.println("Service Exception logging on \n" + ex1.getMessage());
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        }
        try {
            lr = binding.login(userName, pwd);
        } catch (UnexpectedErrorFault ex2) {
            System.out.println("unexpected login error \n" + ex2.getExceptionMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        } catch (LoginFault ex2) {
            System.out.println("login fault \n" + ex2.getExceptionMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        } catch (RemoteException ex2) {
            System.out.println("remote Exception \n" + ex2.getMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        }

The error following the login call is :
- Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
- Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

The remote message is:
remote Exception
(301)Moved Permanently

I am using Simon's SforceService override for Soap message compression. Using SforceServiceLocator instead of SforceService gives the same results. Using the 8.0 URL gives the same results. If I don't set the SoapEndPoint the login works fine.
Again, the above code works fine when the SoapEndPoint is set to the sandbox.

I need the ability to run the application in the sandbox as well as the production ORG.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
  • February 19, 2007
I get "No data returned for this Query" from a query call regardless of the "where" clause when used with the 7.0 (or 8.0) Server URL endpoints.  6.0 endpoint works fine.
The Describe, Retrieve (query selected rows),  Update, and Delete functions work fine. Only the Query call does not  appear to work.  On a larger query (expect over 2K records), it takes longer to respond but it always returns the "No data returned for this Query" dialog box. Same is true for "Multiple Queries" option.

I have tried both the Enterprise and the PE version of the connector (6.16) with outlook edition 2.0. I am working with an Enterprise Org.
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?   Must I use the 6.0 endpoint?

Thanks,
Harry

• January 15, 2007
I want to create a tab that opens a password protected excel spreadsheet, and want to bypass the excel security dialog box by providing the password as a parameter. Is it possible to use a simple link with a parameter, or do I (assumming I can) open the spreadsheet from an s-control?
Examples are welcomed.

Thanks,

Harry
  • September 07, 2006

I am relatively new to s-controls.  I need to send an email to a number of records of a custom object using one of several templates (that contain merge fields from the custom object). The template will be determined by certain fields returned (via query or retrieve) on each record along with the email address. Can someone please point me to documents or better yet examples how that is accomplished?

Thanks in advance,
Harry
  • August 12, 2006
[New User] I like to create a lookup field from a custom object to a standard object custom field. On the detail page of the custom object, I like to display the related custom field rather than the key of the standard object. If there are any workarounds, please advise.

Thanks
Harry
  • February 27, 2006
As of this morning, Monday Feb 19, 2007 I cannot login successfully in the production ORG (NA4) using a java application that has been in production for over 8 months.  I executed this code successfully last Friday (Feb 16, 2007).
The application works fine when I point to the sandbox account.  My case number is  01123968.
Here is the code that fails:

public void login (String userName, String pwd, String env){

try {
            service = new SforceService();
            if (env.length()> 0){
                service.setSoapEndpointAddress("https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0");
            } else {
                service.setSoapEndpointAddress("https://salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0");
            }
            binding = (SoapBindingStub) service.getSoap();
//            binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
        } catch (ServiceException ex1) {
            System.out.println("Service Exception logging on \n" + ex1.getMessage());
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        }
        try {
        } catch (UnexpectedErrorFault ex2) {
            System.out.println("unexpected login error \n" + ex2.getExceptionMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        } catch (LoginFault ex2) {
            System.out.println("login fault \n" + ex2.getExceptionMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        } catch (RemoteException ex2) {
            System.out.println("remote Exception \n" + ex2.getMessage() + "\n\n");
            errFlag = true;
            return;
        }

The error following the login call is :
- Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
- Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

The remote message is:
remote Exception
(301)Moved Permanently

I am using Simon's SforceService override for Soap message compression. Using SforceServiceLocator instead of SforceService gives the same results. Using the 8.0 URL gives the same results. If I don't set the SoapEndPoint the login works fine.
Again, the above code works fine when the SoapEndPoint is set to the sandbox.

I need the ability to run the application in the sandbox as well as the production ORG.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
  • February 19, 2007
I have lost a month and a half worth of open and completed tasks in Salesforce.  According to them, it looks like I deleted them while using Excel connector.  I can't imagine that I would be that careless or stupid.  Is there a log or some backup information that would identify the information I lost or whether infact the lost data is a result of my actions?

Please help me - I'm ready to cry!

Lindsay
Hello,

I made a lookup field in a custom object that is linked to another custom object . When i am querying this field, i am getting Probably the ID of this field. How can i insert a new record with a text (this field is text ) not an ID number?

For example : the first object is called : Projects, the second one called: Time. In Time i have a field name

project that linked to the object : Projects.

I want to be able to insert new row in time that contain the name of the project insted of the ID .

Thank you,

Yarong
  • February 18, 2007
I am dealing with a lot of different types of fields including number (double and integer), Boolean, DateTime and Date fields.  How can I convert the exact value of these fields into friendly strings?

I am looking at the Apex Code Language Reference PDF, but I can't find anything in it.  Is there another more comprehensive Language Reference document some where?

This is really strange, say for example I have a variable that is a double named currentValue.  This line of code throws an error:

String test = currentValue;

ERROR:Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
Illegal assignment from Double to String MyTest_Support/Packages myPackage.apex line 22 1171636386867 61

But this line of code does not throw an error:

String test= '' + currentValue;

what am I missing?

We have recently migrated data from ActV7 (ActV6) into SFDC via ActNow. Unfortunately we are left with more than 5000 incompleted tasks, even though my team knows that these tasks/activities were actually all completed. I have tried to use the Excel Connector in order to mass complete all these tasks, but it somehow does not work.
Has anybody done this before and could help?
I'd appreciate it.
Many thanks!
Mika
  • January 26, 2007
Hello.  I'm a new system admin and trying to import our contact data from an excel file.  Now, my question is can I import the data I have into both Accounts and Contacts?  I want to import the certain fields that would be for the Account and then certain fields for the contacts.  Can I import them both at the same time, or would I have to just add them seperately?  
  • January 16, 2007
Looking through the message boards I noticed a link to http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/2005/10/1565.html how to enable compression but being new to Java concepts, I am having some difficulties.

I added the code below to my eclipse project:
 public class SforceService extends SforceServiceLocator {
  public Call createCall() throws ServiceException {
   Call call = super.createCall();
   call.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_ACCEPT_GZIP, Boolean.TRUE);
   call.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_GZIP_REQUEST, Boolean.TRUE);
   return call;
  }
 } 
I have defined in my project:
 private Soap binding2 = null;

In the login routine I added:
    binding2 = new SforceService().getSoap();
    lr = binding2.login(userName, pwd); 

When I go to reset my url endpoint, I can't use _setproperty.  Of course when I attempt my first binding2.query(myQry) I receive the message

Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

This makes sense.  Before I tried using compression, my code looked like the examples I downloaded:
    binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator()
      .getSoap();
   binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
    lr.getServerUrl());

Simon Fells' web site also has a comment:

you have to configure axis to use the vastly superior CommonsHTTPSender class rather than the default HTTPSender class as its transport, this is done by changing the transport entry in the client-config.wsdd file from java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender to java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender

I don't understand how to do this in Eclipse.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks.
Mike Schumacher

Will Apex allow for custom Apex code libraries to be imported for use in an Apex application, and will there be an avenue for us to share these with the community?

For example, my organization produces software, and I have an application in mind which would generate a product key for our software when a new Product record of the appropriate record type is created.  To create these keys, we would want to use an encryption algorithm, such as MD5.

I should, potentially, be able to generate a method using the currently published Apex specification which will generate an MD5 hash from a string.  After generating this code, I would want to reuse it, share it across my organization, and possibly share it with or sell it to other organizations (if for example I went one step further and generated a broad spectrun Apex cryptographic library, similar to the System.Security.Cryptography class library in .NET).  Instead of copying and pasting this method into every project I wish to use it in, I would love to be able to include the project this code is in, and reuse this method, using a few lines of code.  Instead of sharing my source code with the community, I could produce a package which could  then be sold using the AppExchange.
Hi all,

Where can I get information on what the Excel connector is and how we can use it to our advantage. Could this be used in salesforce.com only or does it integrate with other platforms such as Eloqua?

Cheers.

I am relatively new to s-controls.  I need to send an email to a number of records of a custom object using one of several templates (that contain merge fields from the custom object). The template will be determined by certain fields returned (via query or retrieve) on each record along with the email address. Can someone please point me to documents or better yet examples how that is accomplished?

Thanks in advance,
Harry
  • August 12, 2006
Formula Field's HYPERLINK fuction always launch a popup window. Is it possible not a launch a popup window and instead display html page in the right pane of Salesforce.com UI with the sidebar intact?

thanks.   
  • April 18, 2006