• 10 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know of a way to add in a user comment to a bulk job (JobInfo object).  

Ideally, the JobInfo would have a field called UserComment that I could populate when the job is created that I could then reference at a later time to check the status of my specific job.

I would like to be able to query all of the open jobs and then identify the ones that were created by my application so that I can perform a task on the results from the job
It seems to be working now but off and on from May 5, 2014 to May 7, 2014 any jobs that I submitted to the Bulk API on NA2 were very slow to kick off.  In most cases they were taking over 25 minutes to get out of the queue.  Other instances were working great, the problem was just with NA2.

I tried sfdc support but...... guess where that went.

So.... If any sfdc folks are monitoring the boards please look into the Bulk API on NA2 and feel free to drop me a line and I'll show you the logs of it taking a very long time to kick off a job

GlennW

With version 28 of the API the length of SOQL queries was raised from 10,000 characters to 20,000 characters.  Was the limit on SOQL in Bulk API queries also raised?

We seem to have failures when the SOQL is above 10,000 characters

The Update call of the MetaData API appears to use the fullName of the report as the key to update the report.  Is it possible via the update call to change the reports folder?

GlennW

How can we tell the difference between chatter plus vs standard users in the API?

It appears as if both have the UserType = Standard

GlennW

I've been looking at the preview docs for Winter '13 and havn't seen any changes in Bulk Query.  It would be nice to be able to pull down all objects or have the data returned in a zipped form to speed things up.

Does anyone know if there have been any enhancements?

GlennW

Is there an ETA as to when we will see either:

1) Relationship queries in the Bulk API (i.e. "Select FirstName, LastName, Account.Name FROM Contact").  Without the relationships the query is highly limited

2) Ability to return Bulk Queries gzip'ed.  When you are returning a couple of hundred Mb of data in CSV form a GZIP return could speed things up quite a bit

GlennW

Here is a list of the things I’ve discovered over the last week in using the query functionality of the BULK API.  It is not a complete list of issues but it should help out any developers that are getting started and are having issues:

-          It DOES NOT support relationship queries.  You can only query one table at a time and using something like: SELECT Id, FirstName, Account.Name from Contact will cause it to fail

-          It DOES NOT support gzip compressed data.  If you send a contentType of ZIP_CSV your Job will fail.  It also causes the size of the returns to be larger and slower

-          The return of a “Bulk Query Results Response” is not as indicated in the docs (if you are consuming from .NET).  If you have created an object from the xst you will find that the return is a list of <results> inside a <results-list> and NOT a batchQueryResult as expected

-          Several objects CAN NOT be queried (even though the metadata indicates that they are queryable).  These include AccountPartner, ApexTestResult, AssignementRule, CampaignShare, CaseStatus, ContactShare, ContractStatus, DatedConversionRate, EventAttendee, FiscalYearSettings, ForecastShare, LeadShare, LeadStatus, OpportunityPartner, OppoertunityStage, PartnerRole, Period, ProcessInstance, ProcessInstanceStep, SolutionStatus, StaticResource, TaskPriority, TaskStatus, UserLicense, UserPreference (I didn’t try the chatter fields but I’m sure the feeds won’t work)

-          It is SLOWER than using the SOAP API (generally).  In most of my tests the SOAP API beat the BULK API by a significant margin.  This is most likely due to the lack of compression and the newness of the API.  It does appear to speed up dramatically during non peak hours.

The big advantage of the BULK API vs the SOAP API is that you don’t run into the query time outs that occur when you are accessing large volumes of data.  If you try to pull down a large number of fields on 3 million contacts during the day using the SOAP API you will most likely get a time out from sfdc.  The BULK will keep trying (up to 10 times) to get the data and you’re not sitting waiting for a response in your application.

Does anyone have a list of Salesforce objects that are NOT querayble via the Bulk API?

So far I've found AccountHistory (any history) and AccountPartner (and I'm only at the A's) 

It would be nice if the metadata had a .IsBulkQueryable property on it

GlennW

Does anyone have any samples of how to use compression with the BULK API and .net.  I've got CSV working great but as soon as I try to create a job with a contenttype of ZIP_CSV I start getting 400 errors from my HTTPResponse

As soon as I try to query data using the Bulk API (24.0) and use a relationship I get the following message:

InvalidBatch : Failed to process query: FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_ENABLED: Foreign Key Relationships not supported in Bulk Query

According to the docs this is not a limitation of the Bulk API.  Is it possible to perform a query like: "SELECT Id, FIrstName, LastName, Account.Name FROM Contact"  or are we limited to a single table?

GlennW

Customer Success Manager

CRMfusion Inc – Full-time home office based position

Job Description

The Customer Success Manager (CSM) has a depth of understanding of both Salesforce and the CRMfusion products with an enhanced understanding of the DemandTools. The person in this position deals directly with CRMfusion customers, assisting them with technical support issues, training and general use of our software products.

It is the CSM's responsibility to ensure that customers have a good understanding of how our data quality products work with and enhance their existing Salesforce implementation. They should be comfortable talking with customers and able to assist customers solve their Salesforce data quality questions.

The candidate must be located in the United States or Canada and be able to setup a home based office with access to high speed internet.  Central or Eastern time zone preferred, but not required.

Skills

*Strong understanding of salesforce.com from an administrator’s perspective

*Strong understanding of CRMfusion DemandTools

*Good verbal and interpersonal skills

*Ability to solve data quality problems

*Ability to work at home in an unsupervised environment

Preferred Experience Levels

*2+ years experience as a Salesforce Administrator

*1+ years experience as a DemandTools Administrator

* Thorough understanding of MassImpact, MassEffect and Single Table Dedupe modules

*Experience with other CRMfusion applications, PeopleImport and DupeBlocker a PLUS

*** This is a full time position and the successful candidate must be located in the US or Canada

please email glenn.wilson@crmfusion.com for more information

CRMfusion, the leading data quality provider for Salesforce and the developers of DemandTools, PeopleImport and DupeBlocker are looking for a full time developer to join our dynamic team.

The successful candidate should have the following skills:

Required Skills:

HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, Javascript Frameworks such as jQuery/jQuery UI, Dojo, ExtJS or similar

Ability to design commercial-level web UIs

Light experience with C#/Java-like languages

Good communication skills

Ability to work at home without direct supervision

Preferred Skills:

Salesforce.com administrative or development experience

Apex Code and VisualForce Pages experience

Experience working with/developing multilingual websites

This will be a home based position with full benefits and expenses. The candidate must be located in the United States or Canada.

*** This is for an individual developer - We are not looking for consulting organizations or off shore resources ***

Please forward your resume with salary expectations to:

Glenn Wilson

President

CRMfusion Inc

glenn.wilson@crmfusion.com

For several years the following URL has been able to be called from my .NET client application with no problems:

servURL + '/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=' & binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId.ToString + '&retURL=" + '/' + objectID

where the servURL is accessed from the binding.URL and the objectID is the object that I want to view in Salesforce

For some strange reason it now randomly goes to a login screen instead of using the sessionID provided and going straight to the object.

Has there been a change in API 21 that would cause this?

Regards;

GlennW

Customer Success Manager

CRMfusion Inc  - Home office based position

Job Description

The Customer Success Manager (CSM) has a depth of understanding of both Salesforce and the CRMfusion products with an enhanced understanding of the DemandTools.  The person in this position deals directly with CRMfusion customers, assisting them with technical support issues, training and general use of our software products.

It is the CSM's responsibility to ensure that customers have a good understanding of how our data quality products  work with and enhance their existing Salesforce implementation.  They should be comfortable talking with customers and able to assist customers solve their Salesforce data quality questions.

The candidate must be located in the United States or Canada and be able to setup a home based office with access to high speed internet.

Skills

* Strong understanding of salesforce.com from an administrators perspective

* Strong understanding of CRMfusion DemandTools

* Good verbal and interpersonal skills

* Ability to solve data quality problems

* Ability to work at home in an unsupervised environment

Additional Information

Type:     Full time

Experience:  Mid level

Apply: email glenn.wilson@crmfusion.com

CRMfusion, the leading data quality solution provider forSalesforce, is looking to fill a contract technical support position.  The position will be to provide web and phonesupport for our full suite of data cleansing products. 

This will be a part time position to start and will be home based.

The successful candidate should have a solid understandingof Salesforce and also have experience with DemandTools and/or PeopleImport.

Please send your resume to glenn.wilson@crmfusion.com

Message Edited by CRMfusion - GW on 03-11-2010 08:42 AM

Previous to API version 16 you could use the Insert call to create OR update a campaign member.  It acted as an Upsert call.

With API 16 Upsert is supported on CampainMembers but I can't seem to get it to work.  The documentations is vague about this issue.

Is there a way to do a single call Upsert on CampainMembers so that the call works the same way as the old Insert call?

Thanks;
GlennW

Are there any special considerations when importing a DOCX or XLSX file via the API?

For all other file types I simply convert the file to base64 and copy it to the body.  When I do this with DOCX or XLSX the file is corrupt when I try to open it from salesforce (via the user interface).

Any ideas?

Regards;

GlennW

In API 16 it seems that when I update a field the field name is case sensitive.

In previous version of the API I could update the account "Type" field and provide the "any" property on the sobject with an element name of "type" and it would accept it and do the update.

In API16 giving a field name of "Type" will work but "type" will fail on the update with the error message: 

Account: bad field names on insert/update call: type Status code: 70

Anyone else run into this?

GlennW 

In the latest API I've found that when you create a CampaignMember to a contact that already is linked to the same campaign you get an error.

In previous versions of the API it simply did an Upsert.

Is this a bug or a feature?

GlennW 

With version 28 of the API the length of SOQL queries was raised from 10,000 characters to 20,000 characters.  Was the limit on SOQL in Bulk API queries also raised?

We seem to have failures when the SOQL is above 10,000 characters

Here is a quick sample of a tool that we've started creating in APEX.  It shows the power of the development platform.

http://www.crmfusion.com/video/DupeBlockerIntro/DupeBlockerIntro.html

Glenn Wilson - CRMfusion.

It seems to be working now but off and on from May 5, 2014 to May 7, 2014 any jobs that I submitted to the Bulk API on NA2 were very slow to kick off.  In most cases they were taking over 25 minutes to get out of the queue.  Other instances were working great, the problem was just with NA2.

I tried sfdc support but...... guess where that went.

So.... If any sfdc folks are monitoring the boards please look into the Bulk API on NA2 and feel free to drop me a line and I'll show you the logs of it taking a very long time to kick off a job

GlennW

As soon as I try to query data using the Bulk API (24.0) and use a relationship I get the following message:

InvalidBatch : Failed to process query: FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_ENABLED: Foreign Key Relationships not supported in Bulk Query

According to the docs this is not a limitation of the Bulk API.  Is it possible to perform a query like: "SELECT Id, FIrstName, LastName, Account.Name FROM Contact"  or are we limited to a single table?

GlennW

What do I need to set if I want a gzippped CSV result response for a bulkapi query ?  I can get the CSV but cannot seem to get it compressed.

I have tried setting the Content-Type of the GetResult GET to gzip but that has no effect.

I have also tried changing the ContentType of the JobInfo to ZIP_CSV but that does not work either.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi all,

I'm trying to start a Job via the Bulk API to query the AccountHistory table, but I get this error:

'Unknown exception in Async API. Please contact support with ID: ###'

Same goes for LeadHistory, etc.  Are the History tables not supported in the Bulk query API?

Thanks!

Chung

For several years the following URL has been able to be called from my .NET client application with no problems:

servURL + '/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=' & binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId.ToString + '&retURL=" + '/' + objectID

where the servURL is accessed from the binding.URL and the objectID is the object that I want to view in Salesforce

For some strange reason it now randomly goes to a login screen instead of using the sessionID provided and going straight to the object.

Has there been a change in API 21 that would cause this?

Regards;

GlennW

In the latest API I've found that when you create a CampaignMember to a contact that already is linked to the same campaign you get an error.

In previous versions of the API it simply did an Upsert.

Is this a bug or a feature?

GlennW 

We are in the process of preparing to dedup and merge account records using Demand Tools.  I am trying to figure out a way to keep a matrix of the old account numbers that are getting merged into the target account.  It is imperative that we know what the old account number was, prior to the merge, so we can tie that back to our back office system for existing contracts.

For example, say I have the following two account numbers that will be merged:

account number          PID                       Merge Target
209349                        556839                           N
210299                        556839                           Y

since the two accounts have the same PID number, we will merge these two accounts.  The target for the merge is identified in the Merge Target column, indicated by a 'Y' for the target account and 'N' for the account that will be merged.  Therefore, account 209349 will be merged into account 210299.

We need a way to keep track of the old account number 209349 and know that it is now 210299 after the merge so we can keep track of our existing contracts that were previously under this account.

Anyone that uses demand tools or has suggestions on how to accomplish this, it would be appreciated?  If there is a better forum to post this question, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Are there any MetaData API .NET samples out there?
Any idea what the contact field aaaa__c is from?   It is a calculated field that seems to reference an image and just appeared after the Winter upgrade.

GlennW
After 20 years of using PC's I've finally broke down and bought a MacBook.  It was either Vista destroying my Dev machine or Vista deciding that my laptop should reboot that forced the decision.

Here is my question to the group..... What software should I get?   I've orderd iWork, iLife, Parallels and Office 2004.  Is there anything else that is usefull for a business laptop?

Cheers;
GlennW
I'm building a flex based Scontrol and I get the following error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at mx.utils::URLUtil$/getProtocol()
    at com.salesforce::Connection/::_invoke()
    at com.salesforce::Connection/::invoke()
    at com.salesforce::Connection/query()

Any ideas?

Any ideas on a better way to debug that will give more specific error messages?

GlennW
Hi there,

I'm trying to best determine how to randomly segment my contacts.  Is there a way to generate a random number in Apex to update all or selected contacts?

I have little to no success with 'true' random number generation with formulaic fields.

Thanks!
Darrell
Is there any way in the API to disable all data validation rules for the current session?

If not this would be a very important tool espcially in the case of Merge and LeadConvert calls when bad data is merged with bad data.  Ideally we would have the ability in the header to turn off the validation rules for the current session.

Glenn Wilson
Any ideas on how to sort an array?

My plan is to build a bubble sort method but I'm not sure if it will eat up too many "script statements" on a large array.

GlennW
I've been using Eclipse for awhile to dev sControls and a whole lot of other stuff (php, perl, javascript...).
Yesterday I got access to Apex on my Dev account and was ready to get started...
1) upgrades eclipse to 3.2.1
2) java 1.5-08
3) installed the apex toolkit

but now... neither AppExchange Toolkit nor the Apex Toolkit

all issues loading classes.

What give? Or what did I do wrong :smileyhappy: and how do I fix it?

• February 15, 2007