• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have an app with a master-detail relationship. The detail object has a related list on the master's page. When you click Go To List in the detail related list, you get the list with letters (A | B | C...) on the top. We found that if the list is sorted by a field other than the detail object name, those letters do not work. When you sort the list by name, the letters work fine.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, did you report it?

We have a package that optionally looks up campaigns and campaign members. The custom objects do not have any fields related to campaigns, nor do the S-Controls have any campaign based merge fields. An S-Control queries the campaign object, but that is contained in a Javascript string.

When a customer tried to install our package, the installation process told him that he needed to have campaigns. What would make a package require campaigns with no explicit reference to them?
We want to add new campaign member status records to the CampaignMemberStatus object in Developer Edition from a Java program. However, when we try to create the records, we get "sObject type 'CampaignMemberStatus' is not supported...". Also, describeGlobal does not return CampaignMemberStatus in the list of supported objects. However, we see it in the schema from Eclipse and Apex Explorer. We can also add new campaign member status records from the UI, and verify them in Apex Explorer and Eclipse. How can we make CampaignMemberStatus visible and updateable to the Java API?
I have an app with two objects in a master-detail relationship. The detail object has a related list on the master with a New button. Clicking that New button opens an edit page for the detail object, with the master link field showing the master record from where I clicked New. If a user fills in the form and clicks the Save button, s/he gets the page for the detail record s/he just entered.

I want to add a "New" button to the detail page so the user can create another detail record under the same master record. I added a custom button linked to URLFOR referring to the "New" detail object. Clicking the button opens an edit page for the detail object, but the link field to the master object is empty, like all the other fields. I want that field linked to the current master record. This is for users who should have clicked the "Save & New" button, but instead clicked "Save". I want this new button to work like "Save & New", creating a sibling detail record sharing the same parent master record.

Does anyone know how to do that?
I once downloaded my managed app from the Appexchange and did not get all the items from the package. Installing again (without uninstalling) got the rest of the items. A tester had the same problem and now a prospect for our app has seen it as well. In each case, a second installation shows a few "new items" that were missing from the first download. I have tried to verify this problem, but it does not happen every time.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I will notify Appexchange Ops about it.

I have an S-Control where I do the following SOSL search:

FIND {Express} RETURNING
Contact(Id,FirstName,LastName,Account.Name,Email,MailingStreet,MailingCity,MailingState,MailingPostalCode,Phone),
Lead(Id,FirstName,LastName,Company,Email,Street,City,State,PostalCode,Phone)

I expect to get two matching contacts from the standard sample data under the Account "Express Logistics and Transport", but instead the API returns an empty string. Entering Express in the Salesforce Search box correctly displays the account and two contacts. The same search in Apex Explorer 8.0 says "No results found." Submitting "FIND {Express}" in Explorer with an empty Return Field Spec returns the Account record.

My S-Control returns contacts in other accounts when I specify the account name. For example, I can FIND {United} with the return spec above and get all the contacts for the account United Oil & Gas. Why does it return only an empty string for Express?

I developed a report that uses three custom objects. Two of the custom objects have a master-detail relationship and the third has a lookup relationship with the detail object. The report only has a time frame on a date in the master object as filtering criteria, yet my client has seen it omit lines that should be in the report. In the most recent case, we verified that the missing line in the report had records in all three custom objects and double checked that the client did not add any filtering criteria. The  client only has one master object, so the missing item falls in the report time frame.

We created a report that just shows the master and detail and it shows the line missing in the original report. So for some reason, including the custom object linked to the detail object causes the report to drop a line.

Has anyone else seen this? How could a report exclude a record when it only filters a time frame on the master object, and other records under the master appear? I will be glad to provide any additional information.
We just set up a Developer Edition account and noticed that it does not have campaign support in it. Does Developer Edition no longer include campaigns?
A customer downloaded my app from the Appexchange and got an error message from an S-Control saying that a query requested an "invalid field" from one of the custom objects. We verified that the field exists, so we started to see if field level security was hiding the field. However, the customer installed the app under Professional Edition, where she does not have field level security. Now I'm wondering how this custom field that is visible in the Salesforce user interface is "invalid" from the API.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
I'm working on an S-Control that updates several fields in accounts and leads. In both cases, the updates fails with "A duplicate value was specified for field 'NumberofEmployees' in object 'Account', duplicate value '61535' prior value '' (prior value could have been set to '' with 'fieldsToNull')"
When I don't update NumberofEmployees, the rest of the fields update OK.
I can update NumberofEmployees from the UI, but not through the API, at least the Ajax API.
What do need to do to make NumberofEmployees updateable through the AJax API?
I have a simple package that includes a configure custom link. The link refers to an S-Control that does the configuration. When I install the package, I get a Configure button, along with a disabled Deploy button. When I click the Configure button, the configuration S-control displays just the way I want it. However, when I close the S-Control, the Deploy button remains disabled. What does my S-Control need to do to make the package deployable?

I looked through the Winter '08 documents and release notes, but haven't found an answer there.
A reference to the appropriate document would help. Thanks.
I have a managed app on the Appexchange that includes four reports. All of the reports work fine in the development account. When I installed the app in another account and try to run any report, I get the error,
"Obsolete Report
This report can no longer be edited or run. Your administrator has disabled all reports for the custom object, or its relationships have changed."

I know that I didn't disable reports on any custom object or change the relationships. In fact, the managed app does not allow that. I'm looking for any ideas as to what could have happened when the app was installed that made the reports obsolete. Thanks.
I have a developer org with a managed app, specifying another salesforce org (running EE) as the license management organization (LMO). This LMO has the license management app (LMA) installed. I have uploaded several versions of the managed app to the Appexchange, but no package record has shown up in the LMA. What else do I do to get the LMA to see the uploaded managed app, its versions and licenses?
I am setting up a test drive for a managed app. The app includes an S-Control that queries several custom objects to populate select boxes. This S-Control works fine installed in user organizations and for the test drive administrator. However, It fails for the read only eval user in the test drive. Each query fails with the message "INVALID TYPE: sObject Type ... is not supported." I verified that the user can (only) read the objects in the profile. Does anyone know what's causing this problem, or a way around it?  Thanks! 
I have a custom link that opens an S-Control in a new window using URLFOR to pass it some arguments. I would like to set the window size while I'm at it. Currently, the custom link opens a larger window than I want. I currently have the S-Control resize itself. However, the user sees that resizing and I'd rather avoid that. I could easily pass it the window dimensions as arguments, if they exist and someone would tell us their names :smileywink:
I have an app with master and detail custom objects. I created a custom button in the detail custom object
to create a new detail object using the following formula:

{!URLFOR( $Action.Detail__c.New,   Detail__c.MasterId__c  )}

It worked fine when I first tested it, opening a "New" form for the detail object with a reference to it's master. Now it fails with "Invalid parameter for function URLFOR", even though the parameter is a valid merge field included from the builder. It works if I remove the Detail__c.MasterId__c parameter, but the New form no longer has the reference to the Master.

Has anyone seen this, or know of a solution?
I am converting an app to a managed package, which means I need to add a registered prefix to each object and field reference in about 12 S-Controls. In some cases, I also want to change other parts of a field name as well. I have enough object and field references in the S-Controls to justify using a tool to make these changes. Does anyone know a tool that can mass edit all of my S-Controls, given an array of "match string" and "replace string" pairs?
I was wrapping some app testing and got an API request limit exception. I decided to go ahead and upload the app for other testers. The upload worked fine, but when I register the app, I just get a landing page that says
"Thank you for adding your App to the AppExchange." I don't get the email with a link to the app I just registered, or have any way of accessing it. I have never had registration problems before, but have never tried registration while in the API request limit penalty box. Or am I seeing some other registration problem?
I have several custom objects where I display their details without giving them a tab. The detail page has a gray heading with a multicolored cube icon. I would like to change that style. Is there any way I can specify a different style without putting the object in a tab?
I'm trying out the Flex toolkit using the Flex Eclipse plugin. I get the following error on my connection tag
<salesforce:Connection id="apex" />
The error says, "Could not resolve <salesforce:Connection> to a component implementation"
I have added the Salesforce Flex folder as an SWC folder.
What else do I need to do to get the connection to resolve to a component?

I have the following error when I call getDeleted() on a recently created free developer org in which I have populated with test objects: 

INVALID_REPLICATION_DATE: startDate before org replication enabled date

I checked and my startdate precedes my enddate. I'm not sure what "org replication enabled date" is. 

Other posts with in the forum recommend doing a full table pull. How do I do that?

• July 20, 2009
I created a package in my developer account and uploaded it. I was trying to install it in my org account, but I get the following error:
"This package is not yet available. Please wait, or contact the package owner."

I have uploaded the same package many times before and this is simply the latest version. I added a few triggers since the last version, but nothing substantial. I have experienced temporary delays before, but not this long (24 hours).

If I try and install the package back into my developer account (on 'na5'), it finds it. If I try to install it in my second developer account (on 'na2'), I also get an error. My org account is on the 'ssl' server.

I will try uploading it with the same elements as in the last working version and see what that does.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot for one version of the error:

Here is a screenshot for a similar error I got one time, even though I was trying to upload the same elements as above:
We want to add new campaign member status records to the CampaignMemberStatus object in Developer Edition from a Java program. However, when we try to create the records, we get "sObject type 'CampaignMemberStatus' is not supported...". Also, describeGlobal does not return CampaignMemberStatus in the list of supported objects. However, we see it in the schema from Eclipse and Apex Explorer. We can also add new campaign member status records from the UI, and verify them in Apex Explorer and Eclipse. How can we make CampaignMemberStatus visible and updateable to the Java API?
A customer downloaded my app from the Appexchange and got an error message from an S-Control saying that a query requested an "invalid field" from one of the custom objects. We verified that the field exists, so we started to see if field level security was hiding the field. However, the customer installed the app under Professional Edition, where she does not have field level security. Now I'm wondering how this custom field that is visible in the Salesforce user interface is "invalid" from the API.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
Hi,

Simple question here.

I have a related list- onclick javascript custom button and I want to use the urlfor function to view the record selected in the related list (after it performs some operations).

Problem is, I can't seem to pass the Id of the record I want to view, because it seems like the urlfor function will only accept merge fields.  Is there any way to get around this?

I have a variable containing the Id I want to open, how can I get it into the urlfor function?

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 29, 2007
I am setting up a test drive for a managed app. The app includes an S-Control that queries several custom objects to populate select boxes. This S-Control works fine installed in user organizations and for the test drive administrator. However, It fails for the read only eval user in the test drive. Each query fails with the message "INVALID TYPE: sObject Type ... is not supported." I verified that the user can (only) read the objects in the profile. Does anyone know what's causing this problem, or a way around it?  Thanks! 
I have a custom link that opens an S-Control in a new window using URLFOR to pass it some arguments. I would like to set the window size while I'm at it. Currently, the custom link opens a larger window than I want. I currently have the S-Control resize itself. However, the user sees that resizing and I'd rather avoid that. I could easily pass it the window dimensions as arguments, if they exist and someone would tell us their names :smileywink:
I have an app with master and detail custom objects. I created a custom button in the detail custom object
to create a new detail object using the following formula:

{!URLFOR( $Action.Detail__c.New,   Detail__c.MasterId__c  )}

It worked fine when I first tested it, opening a "New" form for the detail object with a reference to it's master. Now it fails with "Invalid parameter for function URLFOR", even though the parameter is a valid merge field included from the builder. It works if I remove the Detail__c.MasterId__c parameter, but the New form no longer has the reference to the Master.

Has anyone seen this, or know of a solution?
I am converting an app to a managed package, which means I need to add a registered prefix to each object and field reference in about 12 S-Controls. In some cases, I also want to change other parts of a field name as well. I have enough object and field references in the S-Controls to justify using a tool to make these changes. Does anyone know a tool that can mass edit all of my S-Controls, given an array of "match string" and "replace string" pairs?
I'm trying out the Flex toolkit using the Flex Eclipse plugin. I get the following error on my connection tag
<salesforce:Connection id="apex" />
The error says, "Could not resolve <salesforce:Connection> to a component implementation"
I have added the Salesforce Flex folder as an SWC folder.
What else do I need to do to get the connection to resolve to a component?
I am trying to install a new version of my app that I have uploaded and registered on Appexchange. It had no problem with upload and registration. However, when I try to install the app, I get the message:
AppExchange Package not found
The AppExchange package with ID 00D3000000078nY00530000000wqik could not be found. It may have been deleted by the owner. If you are installing this from a public AppExchange listing, please report this missing package to salesforce.com. If you are trying to install a privately shared package, please contact the package owner directly to resolve.
If anyone wants to see this problem themselves, try installing:
http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a03300000034t6kAAA
It does not have a password.

Please let me know if it works for you (and uninstall it if it does).
I would appreciate any way to get around this problem.
Thanks!

P.S. I have also logged a case on this problem, but hope someone has an expedient work around.

Message Edited by RichardC on 04-26-2007 10:13 AM

I have an S-Control running a Campaign query that worked fine until recently. Now the campaign query throws the error "Array element at 0 is null" when I query a campaign that has members.  The code is simple:
  function MemberIds(campaignID) {
this.count = 0;
var statusLine = document.getElementById("statusLine");
statusLine.innerHTML = "Getting Campaign members, please wait";
var MemberResultSet = sforce.connection.query("Select Id, ContactId, LeadId From CampaignMember where CampaignID = '"
+ campaignID + "'",
{onSuccess: handleMemberIdsQuery,
onFailure: handleQueryProblem,
source: {errorPrefix: "Campaign member query failed"
}
});
}
The handleQueryProblem function just pops an alert with the error:
  function handleQueryProblem(error, source) {
    alert(source.errorPrefix + " " + error);
    } 
It looks like the _invoke method in the API has lost an argument.
Has anyone else seen this problem and come up with a remedy?

I have a couple of S-Controls that invoke other S-Controls. Since Winter '07, the invocation fails with "Insufficient privileges." One S-Control submits a form after setting the S-Control and entity IDs
Code:
    checklistScontrol = new Scontrol(checklistScontrolName);
    if (checklistScontrol.id != null)
      {
      document.importForm.lid.value = checklistScontrol.id;
      document.importForm.eid.value = "{!Custom_Object_ID}";      
      }
          <form action="/servlet/servlet.Integration" id="importForm" name="importForm" method="get" onsubmit="handlePersonQuery()"> <!-- target="_top" -->
          <input type="hidden" name="ic" value="1">
          <input type="hidden" name="lid" value="Unknown">
          <input type="hidden" name="eid" value="Unknown">

This worked fine before Winter '07. What has changed to cause this problem, and how do I get around it?

I have an S-Control that retrieves a small number of leads (< 10). It works fine until I change the Lead access sharing rule from Public Read/Write to Private. When someone besides the lead owner then tries to retrieves the leads, the retrieve call hangs for several minutes, then returns the faultString "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED: TotalRequests Requests Limit exceeded." The lead owner has no problem retrieving the leads.  Why is retrieve using up requests on leads that the caller cannot see?  What can I do to get around it?