• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have just started to use a VOIP softphone and have discovered that I can call it by activating a simple HTML link in the form as below:

<a href="sip:{!Contact.Phone}">X-Lite Call</a>

I am calling the SFDC phone field automatically so that I can simply instigate a call with a single click.

I would like to have this as a button on the contact page however I cannot work out how to get it to activate straight up. If I create a new button I have to tell it to open in a new window, existing window etc. It then open a new window with this link. If I click the link it calls the softphone and dials the number OK.

I want to work out how to just add a button with this simple a href link in it.

I am not sure if I need to wrap this code in somethign else or not - maybe js???

Appreciate anyone's ideas.

Cheers
Mal
Hi,

I want to enforce that two fields are required based on the value of a picklist.

I have it working fine for one field but when I add the second field to the validation formula it makes no difference at all.

Here is the formula.I am using

AND( ISPICKVAL( Service_Type__c , "Ported") , LEN( Existing_Provider__c ) =0, LEN( Existing_Account_Number__c )=0 )

Using this will only enforce the required attribute be applied to the field "Existing_Provider_c". I can still save the record even if I have the field "Existing_Account_Number__c" empty.

Both fields are text so I hope I have assumed correctly that the LEN function is the correct way to go for both.

The AND function should only return true if ALL the conditions are met. In this case they are not met but the validation process seems to regard it as true.

Appreciate any thoughts where I may be going wrong.

Cheers

Mal
Can someone help me get moving with some data validation please?

I would like to set a field as being conditionally required based on the value of a picklist. By this I don't mean field dependencies - I can manage those easily. What I have is a picklist that shows the specific order type. Based on that selection I would like to have some fields marked as required so that I can enforce some level of process control.

I found this on the validation blog so I am positive this can be done.

• Make Fields Conditionally Required: Use the familiar and powerful Apex formula language to make fields conditionally required (e.g., based on opportunity stage) or implement record type or role-specific business rules.
The only validation examples I can find are relatively trivial functionality and don't seem to show how to relate fields together.

In a more general sense where would I find references to the language used in these validation rules?

Cheers from Oz

Mal
Hi,
I am trying to use the Excel Connector to query both Product and Product2 so that I can set up a master price list spreadsheet where I can do my maintenance/upgrades and also produce printed copies. This will let me have a single master document and avoid duplication of both SFDC and excel.

My problem is that when I setup a queries against Product and Product2 tables they bring down differing ProductID values. This means that I cannot relate the two tables in any way. I would like to set up a Refresh join as Ron Hess has shownin the help section but since there is no direct relation ship between the two tables that I can link I don't seem to be able to what I think I should be able to do with the connector.

A workaround would be to play with the data within Excel itself but my preference would be to  setup the initial query and go from there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Mal
  • November 10, 2006
Hi all,

Not sure if I have missed something in the Excel Connector instructions but here is what I would like to do.

Once a month I need to update sales figures in SF from an Excel sheet. (note I am using Professional).

I would like to set up a spreadsheet with a fixed query then modify the necessary values and update.

Rather than rebuld the query each time via the wizard I wonder if there is a way that I can 'refresh' the query to bring up the relevant dataset?

trust this is clear.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Mal
  • September 04, 2006
We have a custom field "Number of Members" in Account. This field is required only when Account Type of "Industry Association" is selected from the Account Picklist. (Our Account Picklist has

Please can someone advise on how I go about doing this?

I have tried Field dependencies, but they only work for Controlling fields and Dependent fields that are picklists.

Thanks
Can someone help me get moving with some data validation please?

I would like to set a field as being conditionally required based on the value of a picklist. By this I don't mean field dependencies - I can manage those easily. What I have is a picklist that shows the specific order type. Based on that selection I would like to have some fields marked as required so that I can enforce some level of process control.

I found this on the validation blog so I am positive this can be done.

• Make Fields Conditionally Required: Use the familiar and powerful Apex formula language to make fields conditionally required (e.g., based on opportunity stage) or implement record type or role-specific business rules.
The only validation examples I can find are relatively trivial functionality and don't seem to show how to relate fields together.

In a more general sense where would I find references to the language used in these validation rules?

Cheers from Oz

Mal
Hi,
I am trying to use the Excel Connector to query both Product and Product2 so that I can set up a master price list spreadsheet where I can do my maintenance/upgrades and also produce printed copies. This will let me have a single master document and avoid duplication of both SFDC and excel.

My problem is that when I setup a queries against Product and Product2 tables they bring down differing ProductID values. This means that I cannot relate the two tables in any way. I would like to set up a Refresh join as Ron Hess has shownin the help section but since there is no direct relation ship between the two tables that I can link I don't seem to be able to what I think I should be able to do with the connector.

A workaround would be to play with the data within Excel itself but my preference would be to  setup the initial query and go from there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Mal
  • November 10, 2006