• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what everyone is paying for salesforce.  We are looking to upgrade to the Enterprise version of salesforce and they seem pretty strict on their pricing.  We were hoping to have some professional users and some Enterprise users but our sales rep said this is impossible and they will not work out any special pricing.

Now I know sales reps, and I just wanted to check out if what he is saying is true.  Does everyone pay ~ $1500 a year per user for Enterprise? and has no deal been setup with anyone that allows for executive/office workers to use Enterprise and field workers to use professional (if not technically speaking then just price was)

Thanks for all of your info

SF is awesome :)

Dan
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.  It would be awesome.  We have added Service Timecard Custom Object Records to our system to track billable hours on Jobs and for customers.  The are linked to a few different parent items (including Accounts, Cases, Projects).  When I pull up a case per say it shows me the Service Timecard section as a section below the main information, and all of the timecards associated with that case.

Ok here is what I'm looking to do.  I would like to have a Formula field add up all of the hours worked contained within the Service Timecards associated with that Record. 

IE if there is a case with 2 service timecards.  One for 1 hour and one for 2 hours, on the case record I could have a field show us Total Time Worked : 3 Hours.

If anyone can show me how to do this I would owe you a huge favor.

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.  It would be awesome.  We have added Service Timecard Custom Object Records to our system to track billable hours on Jobs and for customers.  The are linked to a few different parent items (including Accounts, Cases, Projects).  When I pull up a case per say it shows me the Service Timecard section as a section below the main information, and all of the timecards associated with that case.

Ok here is what I'm looking to do.  I would like to have a Formula field add up all of the hours worked contained within the Service Timecards associated with that Record. 

IE if there is a case with 2 service timecards.  One for 1 hour and one for 2 hours, on the case record I could have a field show us Total Time Worked : 3 Hours.

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
CYTEXONE
Hello Everyone

We want to create a generic Web based form that our techs can use to submit Daily Timecard / Log Sheets.  It doesn't need to be very High Tech we do however want the information put into Salesforce, perhaps in a custom object. 

Is this possible?

Thanks
Hello,

I was curious if anyone knows how to program this.

When we convert a Lead to an Account we would like to set the Account type to a certain value. I cannot find how to modify the Convert screen or anywhere else to perform this function.

Thanks so much

Dan
I am creating a mashup between Salesforce.com and one of our own web apps. Our web app is embedded in Salesforce.com as a Custom Web Tab. I also want to create links to our embedded app on pages such as the Case Detail page. This is possible by defining a Custom Link to the URL of our web app, using Behavior="Display in existing window with sidebar" and Content Source="URL."

However, there is one problem with the Custom Link approach.  When I defined the Custom Web Tab, I was able to define the  "Content Frame Height" appropriately (eg 900 pixels). When I defined the Custom Link, I was not able to define this property. As a result, if you use the Tab to reach our embedded web app it displays exactly the way that I want it to, but if you use the Custom Link to reach it then it is inside of an iframe with scrollbars showing. I need the scroll bars to be absent.

It seems that the problem would be solved if I could just have the Custom Link point to the Custom Web Tab. I noticed that using merge fields in the Custom Link I can link to {!$Action.Account.Tab} for instance, and even {!$Action.MyCustomObject__c.Tab}. However, I can't figure out how to do it for a Custom Web Tab.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make these scrollbars go away?

Thanks

Hi All,

I was looking at the screencast for PTODemo (Time Off Manager App). I am very impressed with it. I am wondering if it is available for public use. One thing I am still wondering how to do, I noticed that after the demonstrator clicked on "Submit for Approval", the button (along with a few others) will no longer showing when next time the document opens. How to do that? Anyone?

• April 04, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what everyone is paying for salesforce.  We are looking to upgrade to the Enterprise version of salesforce and they seem pretty strict on their pricing.  We were hoping to have some professional users and some Enterprise users but our sales rep said this is impossible and they will not work out any special pricing.

Now I know sales reps, and I just wanted to check out if what he is saying is true.  Does everyone pay ~ $1500 a year per user for Enterprise? and has no deal been setup with anyone that allows for executive/office workers to use Enterprise and field workers to use professional (if not technically speaking then just price was)

Thanks for all of your info

SF is awesome :)

Dan
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much.

Dan Levine
CYTEXONE
Hello,

I have two custom objects, one called Development Request and one called Job.  A Job that a user might create is not always related to a Development Request, but the creation of a Development Request almost always leads to the creation of a new Job

My users would like the ability to create a Job from a Development Request.  They have this ability now as a lookup relationship exists, but ideally, this process would also automatically copy over data from the common fields.  There are about 10 common fields. 

I see this working in something like the following way, but cannot figure out how to accomplish it: 

User creates and saves a Development Request;
On the new Development Request record screen, the user clicks on the "New" button on a Jobs related list;
The user is now creating a new Job; 10 or so of the fields should automatically contain the same information as the Development Request did, and all of this would auto-populate for the user. 

I realize that this is an involved question.  I know how to create Master-Detail and Lookup relationships, and if necessary I can make the Development Request the Master of Jobs.  Is this the solution?  If so, do I then need to use Formula fields to get the "auto-population" to occur?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  :womanhappy:
Hello Everyone

We want to create a generic Web based form that our techs can use to submit Daily Timecard / Log Sheets.  It doesn't need to be very High Tech we do however want the information put into Salesforce, perhaps in a custom object. 

Is this possible?

Thanks