• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
  • December 18, 2010
I am trying to date stamp a long text area we call Pipeline Comment. We use this instead of related notes because we include this information in email alerts based on the opportunity object.

I am trying to detect when this field (Pipeline Comment Long Text Area(2000) ) changes. When it does change I prepend a string using a field update
Code:
$User.Alias & "@" & TEXT( NOW() ) & BR() & Pipeline_Comment__c

But when I use ISCHANGED( Pipeline_Comment__c )  it always returns true. Even PRIORVALUE(Pipeline_Comment__c) <> Pipeline_Comment__c and LEN(PRIORVALUE(Pipeline_Comment__c)) <> LEN(Pipeline_Comment__c) always return true.

Is there a way to detect changes in Long Text fields?
  • February 06, 2008
Has anyone been able to use the {IF} in Word's mailmerge to conditionally include text based on a value returned from Salesforce?

For example:
{ IF «OPPORTUNITY_NUM_SVCS_DEFINED» <> "1" "Some conditional text." " " }

The example from Microsoft shows:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD Country \* Caps } <> "United Kingdom" "We offer special rates on travel to the British Isles." " " }

Which I have successfully used before.

• November 05, 2007
We have the following situation

Opportunity - Custom Object (Service) - Custom Object (Billing Schedule).

I'm trying to PrintAnything to print information from 1 opportunity which may have many services, each of which may have many billing schedule records.

I've had not trouble getting the opportunity record information and the associated services (Service__c where Opportunity__c = '{Opportunity1.Id}'). The only way I have been able to retrieve the billing records is by individual queries for the services returned (Service_Billing_Information__c where Service__c = '{Service__c3.Id.0}' and Service_Billing_Information__c where Service__c = '{Service__c3.Id.1}').  Writing the query as Service_Billing_Information__c where Service__c = '{Service__c3.Id.n}' does not work.

• February 20, 2007
  • February 16, 2007

Is there documentation on how to extend Action Plans to other Objects?

Thanks,

Sonny

Hi all,

Have been using Salesforce for around 6 months now after been using Onyx for over 4 years and overall the experience has been good.

However I'm currently in a scenario where I really need a specific function that I can't find in my Salesforce account but I'm hoping it's just me missing something. Otherwise I would kindly like to request for a future release.

The problem is that I sometimes have the need to update multiple leads, accounts, opportunities and so on at the same time. Right now when I'm in the "Leads" section and I'm viewing all leads assigned to me in a list, but I can only edit them one by one. Couldn't be easy way to do a "batch" update of certain fields? Like address, ranking and so on.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi

I have an student application where  the application object has an admission documents as related list.Student sends an email to recommending teacher for recommendation letter.I have done till here.But the problem is the teacher sends the document by any means and I need to get the document attached in the admission documents .How can get the document attached in that particular student record...facing really tough situation to solve this ...I appreciate if any one can help in solving this ...

thank you

• April 05, 2010

Hello,

I have one report which uses advance report filter(?pv0="xxxxxxxx") as given below(I got this from SFDC help): -

=================================================

How do I populate Advanced Filters in a Report from a Custom Link?

To populate  advanced filters in a report from a Custom Link, follow the listed steps below:

1. Create your report with all the fields that you want to see, and the standard filters that you want. (For example - my Accounts or Created Date = 01/20/04.).

2. Add advanced filters that you want to populate with the merge fields.

3. Save the report and take note of the report Id (that is the 15 character string in the URL when you run your report).

4. Add your Custom Link to look like this: /00O30000000cR29?pv0={!Account_ID}
where /00O30000000cR29 is the report ID
and pv0={!Account_ID} is the first line in the advanced filter section.

NOTE: pv1 is the second advanced filter and so on. You can add as much as 10 advanced filters, using the '&' to separate them in the URL.

====================================================

Now my report is broken. It is not changing the filter criteria on run time. Does anyone has same problem? It seems bug in the new release.

Thanks 

• September 24, 2009

I know that cross-object workflow and updating was part of the Spring 09 release, but I can't get it to work. The documentation says there is some setup necessary and I have a tier two case out for it.. but has anyone gotten to work?

Release notes:

"Spring '09 provides the following capabilities related to workflow rules and approval processes. Cross-Object Workflow for Custom Objects in Spring ’09, you can perform cross-object field updates using workflow rules. For standard objects, workflow rules can only perform field updates on the object related to the rule. The exceptions are that both Case Comments and Email Messages can perform cross-object field updates on Cases. For all custom objects, however, you can create workflow actions where a change to a detail record updates a field on the related master record. Cross-object field updates only work for master/detail relationships. For example, in a custom recruiting application, create a workflow rule that sets the status of an application (the master object) to "Closed" when a candidate (the detail object) accepts the job. Or, for standard objects, create a rule to change the status of a case from "Awaiting Customer Response" to "In Progress" when customer adds a case comment."

• March 26, 2009

Hello,

I'm extremely frustrated at the moment and I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have posted a few times now in the forums and while people have offered hints/suggestions, no one seems to have an answer for my question.  My question is this:

I am trying to write a trigger that will send an email when a contact is deleted from an organization.  The code works perfectly in the sandbox environment.  However, when I try to deploy to the production side, Salesforce won't allow the deployment because it says that the code has not been tested enough.  

Herein lies my problem:  HOW DO I TEST CODE FOR EMAILS???  I have tried everything - I have read the user guides, been through the forums, and even contacted Salesforce directly (they were no help whatsoever).  Every other piece of code tests fine, but the tester refuses to look at code dealing with email.  Here is my code:

trigger contactDelete on Contact (before delete) { try { for (Contact c : Trigger.old) { Account acct = [SELECT Name, Id FROM Account WHERE Id = :c.AccountID]; Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage(); String[] tAddresses = new String[] {'tim.andrews@evariant.com'}; mail.setToAddresses(tAddresses); mail.setReplyTo('support@evariant.com'); mail.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Support'); mail.setSubject('Contact Deleted: ' + c.FirstName + ' ' + c.LastName); mail.setUseSignature(false); mail.setPlainTextBody( 'Contact ' + c.FirstName + ' ' + c.LastName + ' has been deleted!\n' + 'Contact ID: ' + c.Id + '\n\n' + 'Contact Organization: ' + acct.Name + '\n\n' + 'Organization ID: ' + acct.Id ); Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail }); } } catch (NullPointerException e) { System.debug('Exception Thrown!'); Exception e1 = e; }}

As I said, the lines dealing with email code refuse to even be tested.  Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim 

Is there a way to use formulas in Email templates to handle conditional formatting?

For example, I'd like to use the formula UPPER( NAME HERE ) to cause the person's name to appear in all CAPS, even though it may appear as "Name Here" in the SFDC database. This is just one example.

Furthermore, there may be conditions upon which you do or do not want to show certain information in an email response. Using formulas would be helpful. I didn't see any documentation on this when search for "formulas in email templates" -- so I'm not sure if it's possible.

Thanks.
Has anyone been able to use the {IF} in Word's mailmerge to conditionally include text based on a value returned from Salesforce?

For example:
{ IF «OPPORTUNITY_NUM_SVCS_DEFINED» <> "1" "Some conditional text." " " }

The example from Microsoft shows:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD Country \* Caps } <> "United Kingdom" "We offer special rates on travel to the British Isles." " " }

Which I have successfully used before.

• November 05, 2007
Is there a way to add an S-Control to the Home tab?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 30, 2007