• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am using Create API call to create a partner role between an opportunity and an account but I get an exception with the following mesage:

field integrity exception: OpportunityId, AccountToId (account to cannot be opportunity account)

What is the reason for this?

Thanks,

Yuriy
We're developing a Visual Force application with Custom Apex Controllers. One of the fields that we are using is a text field and we are getting the following error when trying to change the field type to a picklist:

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".
Click here to return to the previous page.

Note that we have no data records for the object in question. We also have no validation rules. I suspect that this is an erroneous message that isn't leading us to the true cause of the problem. Interestingly, a Google search shows a discussion on this topic (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.sforce.com%2Fsforce%2Fboard%2Fmessage%3Fboard.id%3DVisualforce%26thread.id%3D2050&ei=uoRaSIWiE52qiAH88syHDA&usg=AFQjCNHDdOqhsIvyrwF6oUGxpAx77BjoEA&sig2=LZx9A1b-WT1FxUczjVDZFQ), but that thread appears to have been deleted for some reason. We're going to remove the field and add it again, but I am concerned that we found a bug that could affect us again. Any ideas what is causing this error?

Thanks.
-Tom Scott
Appirio
We just wrote Apex code that inserts 250 records in one insert statement in a Summer '08 Sandbox (we're trying to generate some error messages to inspect the resulting SOAP message). Page 156 of the Summer '08 Apex Language Reference Guide still explicitly notes the limit as 200 for Insert Operations:

"You can pass a maximum of 200 sObject records to a single insert method"

QUESTION: Has this batch size limit been increased or is the limit not being enforced correctly in Summer '08?

Thanks.
Tom Scott
Appirio
We have an Apex class that updates the Account sharing rules. Since we implemented this class, we cannot update any org-wide sharing defaults via the native UI. We receive this error that appears below "Default Account, Contact, and Asset Access":

Error: Unable to change sharing model because sharing objects are referenced in the following Apex code. Apex Class: UpdateAccountTeam

I don't understand why it would restrict changing any and all org-wide defaults (a bug??). Does anyone have insight into this business rule or any crafty workarounds?

Thanks. -Tom
  • December 05, 2007
We have an Apex Trigger that is automatically adding users to our Account Team and also updating the AccountShare table with read/write (i.e. 'Edit') access. Everything appears to save correctly and the Account Share information in the UI is correct. HOWEVER, the Account Access, Opportunity Access, and Case Access for each Account Team Member in the UI (related list on Account) does NOT coincide with the Account Share information. Does anyone know where the Account Team access level values are coming from?

NOTE: The account share settings seems to be working. I.e. users with read/write access on the Account can in fact edit the Account regardless of the Account Access level displayed with the Account Team information.

Thanks. -Tom
  • October 18, 2007
We're developing a Visual Force application with Custom Apex Controllers. One of the fields that we are using is a text field and we are getting the following error when trying to change the field type to a picklist:

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".
Click here to return to the previous page.

Note that we have no data records for the object in question. We also have no validation rules. I suspect that this is an erroneous message that isn't leading us to the true cause of the problem. Interestingly, a Google search shows a discussion on this topic (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.sforce.com%2Fsforce%2Fboard%2Fmessage%3Fboard.id%3DVisualforce%26thread.id%3D2050&ei=uoRaSIWiE52qiAH88syHDA&usg=AFQjCNHDdOqhsIvyrwF6oUGxpAx77BjoEA&sig2=LZx9A1b-WT1FxUczjVDZFQ), but that thread appears to have been deleted for some reason. We're going to remove the field and add it again, but I am concerned that we found a bug that could affect us again. Any ideas what is causing this error?

Thanks.
-Tom Scott
Appirio

When I connect Eclipse 3.0 to our sandbox I get the following error message :

AxisFault: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'Mass Update Contact Address 1%2E0'

null: Duplicate retrieve

I have deleted the custom S control “Mass update Contact address” and I still get the same error message .

The salesforce Schema seems to be partially loaded I can only see one s-control

I get the same error when I connect my Production box.

Eclipse work correctly with my developer login.

any idea ?

• January 13, 2008
We have an Apex class that updates the Account sharing rules. Since we implemented this class, we cannot update any org-wide sharing defaults via the native UI. We receive this error that appears below "Default Account, Contact, and Asset Access":

Error: Unable to change sharing model because sharing objects are referenced in the following Apex code. Apex Class: UpdateAccountTeam

I don't understand why it would restrict changing any and all org-wide defaults (a bug??). Does anyone have insight into this business rule or any crafty workarounds?

Thanks. -Tom
  • December 05, 2007
In the communitcation with a salesforce webservice I have trouble with the different length of account IDs. I get 18 digits and want to use 15 digits. The question now is: Is it always safe to cut off the last 3 digits to get the shorter ID? I mean with every ID in the salesforce.com area?

Thanks, Jochen

Message Edited by jochen5478 on 10-31-2007 10:53 AM

I am trying create a custom list view that will diplay all "My open tasks" and would like to create button to Select All Tasks and close it with a single click.

I don't know if this can be accomplished by writing an S Control or is there a better way to do it within SFDC.

Any suggestions ??/.

Thanks,

Hanif
  • August 30, 2007
If anyone has quick answers to any of these I would appreciate it greatly.  I've read the workflow docs but can't seem to find answers... thanks

- what happens when workflow task is assigned to "role" with multiple users?
- is there an api for "change owner"?
- can approvals be submitted automatically?
- can validation rules be run on submit for approval?
- access to line level detail for workflow rules?
- is selective locking available?
- can owner or others edit during approval process?
- approver notification of what they are approving?
- conditional steps within approval process supported?
- why can't you modify activated approvals?
- submit for approval button, can it be hidden?
I'm using the Apex Toolkit for Eclipse to manage s-control development for several clients, and have one project that won't synch all of the s-controls.

I get the following error message:

Apex Toolkit Error
Reason: Problems encountered during adding Apex nature.  Select Details for more information.

Details: Resource /IBF Account (sysadmin@xxxx.com)/SControls/QuickLog Activity does not exist.

The Scontrol folder in the Eclipse project shows only a handfull of the s-controls in the client SFDC account.

I can configure and manage other Apex projects without any problems.  Just this one is giving me the headache.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

I am using Create API call to create a partner role between an opportunity and an account but I get an exception with the following mesage:

field integrity exception: OpportunityId, AccountToId (account to cannot be opportunity account)

What is the reason for this?

Thanks,

Yuriy