• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to connect to a third party site to pull down the XML that I need to populate a page in my org.  I have generated the Enterprise WSDL and reviewed the XML of my org.  What I am confused about (first time doing this) is how I can connect by using one bit of info (ex like a zip code) on my salesforce page and connecting to the source site where I will get an XML return of the City that matches that zip code and how I display that on a page. 

Another example would be to type in the vehicle identification number of an automobile, and submit to a service to pull down that bvehicle traits based on the vin.  I have a site that will return the xml, but how do you setup the page to accept my enterprise wsdl data and the xml data that is returned from the api call?

Please help?!?! 

Patrick

Hello,

I am working with a user who is having issues granting Read/Write accesss to opportunities form the Account Team related list on an account that he owns.  The options are Private and Read Only for him and his group of users.  I am not certain how to grant them the third option for sales teams which is Read / Write.  Please let me know if you can help.  

pschiffli@bokf.com

Hello everyone,

I have two users who use Outlook Sync successfully and have for about a year now. About 1.5 weeks ago, they experienced some errors when trying to sync up their contacts and events as seen below:

“There is a change in the field mapping. Please verify your field mappings and Restart Outlook. INVALID_Field: □SelectId,LastModifiedDate,Subject,IsAlldayEvent,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime□

I checked their field mappings and they are identical to mine and I can sync with no error.  The fields listed above in the error are coming from the "Events" page if that is helpful.  The strange thing is that I have the same version of Outlook, same Exchange server, same version of the Outlook tool and I can sync successfully, but these two users have been getting the same errors. We migrated some data into a dev account and in sandbox to test it and no errors as well. I just would like to know if there is anyone that can shed some light on our issues so we can fix it for the users who actually count on this feature.

Thank you and have a great day!

Hello,

I need some help creating a custom formula field that will auto populate the industry text area based on the account page industry selection associated with the opportunity.  I have a Opportunity page layout that I need to link the industry fields together on, but I have no idea how to get the formula written to have that data from the industry field on the account page to pull into the opportunity page.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Hello,

I was trying to setup a custom activity field that displays the Last Meeting "EVENT" that was entered on an account.  So instead of pulling the last activity, which pulls the last date an activity was recorded, I would like to get the last time an event was enetered so we can track when meetings are taking place.

I started by setting the fomula for the field tot he event recod type ID, but I get syntax errors and it does not seem to let me log that formula correctly.  SDoes anyone have a suggestion formula to help us get past this.

Thank you!

Hello again everyone. 

I am trying to get either the code to do it, or a non-programmatic route to auto-populate Referral / Lead Owner from the "Referred To" field on Referrals/Leads Tab.  When you go to save the referral information towards the bottom of the main referral page, there is the Referred To field.  That is the name I need to have populate in the record owner when you hit save.  Right before the conversion is made to a lead, I would like it to auto poulate the owner for administration purposes and about 101% of the time, it will be the same individual within my organization that the referral is being sent to that will own the record. 

My question, is there a way to do this, and if so, how?  I am fairly new to salesforce and have not really dove deep into the custom development potion, so I am putting some feelers out to see if someone has done this before and how it was done.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

I look forward to working with you all soon!

Patrick
Hello again,

I am still learning the ropes of admin duties at my company.

I have been trying to get this custom button to work and I can't figure out how to post it on my contacts tab and then also get the link to properly format the MarketSync page we are referencing. 

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Hello,

Has anyone created or have vast knowledge of how to make a "campaign jump page" from web-to-leads to create a workflow for checking or updating campaign member status??

I am stumped and am researching the best route to take with this one.....

Please help!  : )

Patrick
Hello everyone.

This may be a very basic question, but I am a new user and am trying to figure out why my function is not passing the syntax check.  I went by the example in help and this is what I came up with:

Monthly_ERA_s__c:SUM +  Monthly_Paper_RA_s_via_Lockbox__c:SUM  +  Monthly_Paper_RA_s_non_Lockbox__c:SUM

I just want these fields to look similar to this below:

Monthly ERAs: +

Monthly Paper RAs via Lockbox: +

Monthly Paper RAs (non-Lockbox):   =

Total Monthly Claim Volume:

Can someone given me some advice on how I can get this to work?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I have two users who use Outlook Sync successfully and have for about a year now. About 1.5 weeks ago, they experienced some errors when trying to sync up their contacts and events as seen below:

“There is a change in the field mapping. Please verify your field mappings and Restart Outlook. INVALID_Field: □SelectId,LastModifiedDate,Subject,IsAlldayEvent,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime□

I checked their field mappings and they are identical to mine and I can sync with no error.  The fields listed above in the error are coming from the "Events" page if that is helpful.  The strange thing is that I have the same version of Outlook, same Exchange server, same version of the Outlook tool and I can sync successfully, but these two users have been getting the same errors. We migrated some data into a dev account and in sandbox to test it and no errors as well. I just would like to know if there is anyone that can shed some light on our issues so we can fix it for the users who actually count on this feature.

Thank you and have a great day!

Hello,

I need some help creating a custom formula field that will auto populate the industry text area based on the account page industry selection associated with the opportunity.  I have a Opportunity page layout that I need to link the industry fields together on, but I have no idea how to get the formula written to have that data from the industry field on the account page to pull into the opportunity page.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Hi All,

I want to develop a custom Opportunity Visualforce page to create a new Opportunity with Specific Record type.

// sample code
Opportunity opp  = new Opportunity();

But the problem is above code is created a standard opportunity rather then specific record type Opportunity

I have also try this code
//  Opportunity opp   = new Opportunity(Recordtypeid=’0123000000001O6’);
Still Its not working…

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Thanks in advance
Deepak

Hello again everyone. 

I am trying to get either the code to do it, or a non-programmatic route to auto-populate Referral / Lead Owner from the "Referred To" field on Referrals/Leads Tab.  When you go to save the referral information towards the bottom of the main referral page, there is the Referred To field.  That is the name I need to have populate in the record owner when you hit save.  Right before the conversion is made to a lead, I would like it to auto poulate the owner for administration purposes and about 101% of the time, it will be the same individual within my organization that the referral is being sent to that will own the record. 

My question, is there a way to do this, and if so, how?  I am fairly new to salesforce and have not really dove deep into the custom development potion, so I am putting some feelers out to see if someone has done this before and how it was done.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

I look forward to working with you all soon!

Patrick
Hello everyone.

This may be a very basic question, but I am a new user and am trying to figure out why my function is not passing the syntax check.  I went by the example in help and this is what I came up with:

Monthly_ERA_s__c:SUM +  Monthly_Paper_RA_s_via_Lockbox__c:SUM  +  Monthly_Paper_RA_s_non_Lockbox__c:SUM

I just want these fields to look similar to this below:

Monthly ERAs: +

Monthly Paper RAs via Lockbox: +

Monthly Paper RAs (non-Lockbox):   =

Total Monthly Claim Volume:

Can someone given me some advice on how I can get this to work?

Thank you!

I need to add a custom button to the Edit page layout on a case record.  I have succesfully added this button to the page layout, but I need to have this visable while the user is in edit mode.  I have contacted SF basic support and they were unable to guide me through.  Any suggestions? 
I'm having problems with this App. I installed it from the Appexchange with no problems, I was able to put the custom links in the Account & Contact resords, I can click the link & put in all the information for my task, but when I try to save it, I get this error:
The property IsRecurring__c is not a valid field.

Any help/ideas for finding & correcting this error would be greatly appreciated

De'Anna
SAA - 24 Hour Fitness