• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our team has extensive experience building custom apps with MySQL, PHP and Ajax, but we'd like to take Force.com out for a spin. Question: Where do we begin? Most of the video "tutorials" seem to be little more than infomercials about what Force.com can do. Any suggestions on where to start?

For example...I get that an object is simply a DB table, and that the Force.com website interface is essentially PHPMyAdmin (so to speak). Once we have created an object, then what? I can't seem to get beyond the tables.

Is there a good resource for walkthrough-style tutorials?

The approval process commitsthe change to the record and then locks it down. Is there another process outthere that does not commit the change to the record until the approval has beengranted? I don’t like the idea of having the change attached to the recorduntil the approval has actually been granted. Any ideas?

• January 28, 2010

We are a nonprofit, who is often asked for referrals. Is there an easy way to provide a contact information with someone? I am hoping it might be something like the business card sharing in outlook...

Ever hopeful,

E

Hello all,

I was wondering how I would go about updating a related object's field from a Trigger I created in Task.

This is what I'm trying to do.

I'm trying to update a Custom field in the Contact Object from a Task Trigger.

This is what I have so far.

trigger interviewComplete on Task(after update, before insert, before update) { 

for(Task t: Trigger.new) 

{

if (t.subject == 'Interview' && t.status =='Completed' ) 

{ 

t.subject.addError('Contact Record should be updated to Interview Complete');

//t.Contact__r.contact_status__c = 'Interview Complete';       

}

}  

How do I change the custom field contact status, in the object Contact, from the Task Apex Trigger?

Thanks all,

Moises Montenegro 

Hi,

Problem:

If I create/edit an opportunity with 'Prospecting' Stage, an email should be sent to the concern group of user after 7 days, if it opportunity stage doesn't change, it should keep on checking the status and should send an email after every 7 days till the status is 'Prospecting'.

Can this functionality be achieved configuring workflow.

Thanks,

Ajay. 

I have Custom Object called SampleOrderForm which has 2 lookup Fields 1.Opportunity 2. Account.

When I Click new SampleorderForm Object in one of Opportunity View page , auto map look up fields values into SampleOrderForm Object 

suppose Account is Airtel and Opportunity is 249 ,auto comlete values into SampleOrderForm Object When I Create new SampleOrderForm in Opportunity  249 .

Thanks

vasu

• January 27, 2010

hi

in an  organzation there are 5 user .how an Adminstrator can set access  to pertucular user on object

I wrote a trigger to fire on the Account object after the record is updated. At a high level I want the trigger to reassign Contacts and Opportunities to the new Account Owner but only when a specific User makes the update.

Upon testing in the user interface, I found that the trigger fires when a User reassigns an Account using the "[Change]" link on the Account detail page even when the User is not the one specified in the trigger.

Am I missing something about how an Account trigger works regarding OwnerId updates?

-greg

• December 08, 2009