• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have three Visual Force pages in the Customer Portal that reference an external server

The https:\\elm.fincad.com URL for the external server is referenced in the Remote Site settings

Our IT people have recently started using load balancing on the external server. This means that there are two virtual machines now associated with the URL. If one goes down then the other is still running. The requests are distributed across the two servers.

The pages don't work when in load balancing mode with 2 servers.
However, when one of the virual servers is disabled it works fine.

Both servers seem to be configured properly.

Does anyone know what might cause the issue.
The security certificate seems to be fine.

Are there any other salesforce related settings that might impact permissions when using load balancing?

• December 02, 2011

I'm new to Apex programming and am looking for a way to catch the exception below? 

Is there a better way to implement the DoSearch(); method? 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization:

Visualforce Page: /apex/Solution_Search

caused by: System.SearchException: search term must be longer than one character: *

Class.SolutionListController.doSearch: line 43, column 35 External entry point

public with sharing class SolutionListController {
    public SolutionListController(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {

}

Public String solutionId {get;set;}

public List<Solution> results {
        get{
            if(results == null) results = new List<Solution>();
            return results;
        }
        set;   
    }

public ApexPages.standardcontroller Controller {get;set;}

public Solution s { get; set; }

public SolutionListController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        // constructor
        Controller = stdController;
        this.s = (Solution)stdController.getRecord();
    }

public String searchText {
        get;
        set{
                value = value.endsWith('*') ? value : value + '*';
            searchText = value;
        }
    }
    // TODO: Create a Boolean property called "showSearch" that returns a true value instead of null
    public Boolean showSearch {
        get{
            if (showSearch == null) showSearch = true;
            return showSearch;
        }
        set;
    }

public PageReference doSearch() {
        results = (List<Solution>)[FIND :searchText IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Solution(Id, SolutionNumber, SolutionName, Status, CreatedById, CreatedDate)] [0];
        return null;
    }

public PageReference selectSolution() {
        Solution s = [Select Id, SolutionNumber, SolutionName, Status, CreatedById, CreatedDate from Solution where Id =:solutionId];
        Controller = new ApexPages.standardController(s);
        return Controller.view();
    }
}

• March 23, 2010

I use case comments for working on Client Service cases

I would like to better track time spent working on cases (preferably by day)

I've created a custom object called "Comment Time Tracking" and associated a custom field called HoursSpent

When I add a case comment, I want to be able to update the HoursSpent field in the custom object.

Any idea's on how to do this?

There are triggers related to 'Case Comments'. Is it possible to do this with a trigger or perhaps a workflow rule?

If so, what would it look like and where could I get the HoursSpent information from the user?

Is it possible to popup a window and request the information when they add a comment?

• December 14, 2009

I'm working with the Salesforce CRM Content object and want to track additional information about what is downloaded by users using the content object in the customer portal

I've created a custom object and added custom fields to store (Name, Company, Title, Phone, Email and Country)

I believe all the data is available through the User object

When the user downloads something in the portal using the content object I want to automatically add a record

to the custom table for my download tracking custom object so that I record 'who downloaded'

There aren't any triggers on the CRM Content Object as far as I can tell. What is the best event to use for triggering

the table update. Can I use Workflow rules, triggers, override a button. I'm new to programming in salesforce and am not sure what will work for this.

• December 14, 2009

When I create a pageblock using <apex:pageBlock> the background color is white.

Is there any way to change the background color?

• November 27, 2009

How can I change the width of the logo in the header for the customer portal?

I would like it to go all the way across the page.

• November 23, 2009

Does anyone know how to setup Automatic Case Threading in Salesforce?

The documentation appears to be pretty thin

• September 29, 2009

I'm new to Apex programming and am looking for a way to catch the exception below? 

Is there a better way to implement the DoSearch(); method? 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization:

Visualforce Page: /apex/Solution_Search

caused by: System.SearchException: search term must be longer than one character: *

Class.SolutionListController.doSearch: line 43, column 35 External entry point

public with sharing class SolutionListController {
    public SolutionListController(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {

}

Public String solutionId {get;set;}

public List<Solution> results {
        get{
            if(results == null) results = new List<Solution>();
            return results;
        }
        set;   
    }

public ApexPages.standardcontroller Controller {get;set;}

public Solution s { get; set; }

public SolutionListController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        // constructor
        Controller = stdController;
        this.s = (Solution)stdController.getRecord();
    }

public String searchText {
        get;
        set{
                value = value.endsWith('*') ? value : value + '*';
            searchText = value;
        }
    }
    // TODO: Create a Boolean property called "showSearch" that returns a true value instead of null
    public Boolean showSearch {
        get{
            if (showSearch == null) showSearch = true;
            return showSearch;
        }
        set;
    }

public PageReference doSearch() {
        results = (List<Solution>)[FIND :searchText IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Solution(Id, SolutionNumber, SolutionName, Status, CreatedById, CreatedDate)] [0];
        return null;
    }

public PageReference selectSolution() {
        Solution s = [Select Id, SolutionNumber, SolutionName, Status, CreatedById, CreatedDate from Solution where Id =:solutionId];
        Controller = new ApexPages.standardController(s);
        return Controller.view();
    }
}

• March 23, 2010

I'm working with the Salesforce CRM Content object and want to track additional information about what is downloaded by users using the content object in the customer portal

I've created a custom object and added custom fields to store (Name, Company, Title, Phone, Email and Country)

I believe all the data is available through the User object

When the user downloads something in the portal using the content object I want to automatically add a record

to the custom table for my download tracking custom object so that I record 'who downloaded'

There aren't any triggers on the CRM Content Object as far as I can tell. What is the best event to use for triggering

the table update. Can I use Workflow rules, triggers, override a button. I'm new to programming in salesforce and am not sure what will work for this.

• December 14, 2009

Hello everyone!!

Is there anyway to generate a PDF and Download it automatically? preferibly don't attaching it to any object...

Thanks in advance!!

I've built a custom button that changes the record type and status of the record from which it was clicked.  And it works exactly as it should when an internal user clicks it but doesn't work at all in the portal.  I've verified that the portal profile has access to both the old and the new record types.  I've also verified that field level security is not the culprit.  Any ideas???

Thanks

When I create a pageblock using <apex:pageBlock> the background color is white.

Is there any way to change the background color?

• November 27, 2009

Does anyone know how to setup Automatic Case Threading in Salesforce?

The documentation appears to be pretty thin

• September 29, 2009

Hi there. I see that there is no style attribute for the pageblock vf tag.

Is there a neat way to override this components style? change the background color etc...

Many thanks!

• February 04, 2009
Hi all,

Is it possible to customize the style of an apex:pageBlock element given that there is no style attribute that we can use with apex:pageBlock. For eg. is there a way by which we can include a border on the left hand side of a pageBlock. The default behaviour is that there is no border on the left hand side.

Thanks in advance,
Krishnan
Hi
I used
<apex:outputLink value="/apex/DashBoard" id="myPage" target="theIframe" >My Page</apex:outputLink>

whenever i clicked the link (My Page) after click the link text color of My Page should be change.

can anybody give me Idea about this.Please help me It's very urgent in my project requirements

Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Kumar Baser
3 days old (new) to salesforce!
i need to invoke a webservice from a tab like contacts when a button is clicked.
i understand i can add a custom button, but how do i write the code behind it, which will be triggered upon clicking.
the code behind the buttons needs to invoke this webservice, passing some details from the screen such as customer name and postcode, and the response that is received should be displayed on the screen.

please help people !