• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone; I have spent a few hours banging my head into the wall, hoping someone out there has some insight...

My basic architecture:  I made a new custom object called "Account Entity"  I made a lookup field on the Account object to link to the Account-Entity__c object.  my process builder attempts to do the following:  When a new account is created: if that new  account does not have a parent account, OR if the new account has a parent account that does not have a related Entity, AND the account has record type name = Library, AND the account has location (custom formula field) = US,  THEN, auto launch a flow that creates a new entity record, and updates the account to link to this new entity record.

When I create a new account with record type name = library AND location = US, it works perfect. (regardless of having parent account)
If I create a new account with record type name <> library, but has a parent account, it works as expected (no entity created)

If I create an account that does not have record type = library and has no parent, OR
If I create an account that has record type name = library, but location <> US,
I get this message:
Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301560000008XgL. Contact your administrator for help. 

Click here to return to the previous page.

In my email (as the admin), I get more details:
“An error occurred at element myDecision (FlowDecision).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Parent.Account_Entity__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.”

Where I am confused… in these scenarios, my critera should evaluate to false and the flow should not even be called?  Is this something as simple as my conditional logic is wrong?   thanks all
-Aaron

Process builder screenshot
  • October 27, 2015
I have a custom button that calls a flow, and functionally it is working well.  
(My flow is called "Onboard", I have a custom object called Onboard, and a lookup field on account page that points to the Custom Onboard object.  Basic functionality of my flow:  detect if an onboard record exists associated with this account;  If it exists, display a screen to user with existing values and allow user to update;  If Onboard does not exist, create new onboard record linked to account and give same display screen to capture user values.  final step:  values from user input screen update the onboard record)
Here is my custom button URL that passes variables into the flow: 
/flow/Onboard?AccOwnerId={!Account.OwnerId}&varAccount={!Account.Id}&VarAccOnboard={!Account.OnBoardId__c}&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

Functionally, I have it all working, data is updating as I expect it to. However, I seem to be limited in how I can customize the screen.  

Issue 1:  When I change my "window open properties" on my custom button, to set height and width, this seems to have no effect on the window that pops up with my flow.  Is this something hard coded from visual workflow, I can't control the size of my pop up screen?  

Issue 2:  Use of screen itself:  All the fields on my screen are in one column, on top of each other with no spacing between them, and would look nicer if I could use the full width of the screen... but I can't seem to figure out how to customize the screen layout at all.

Are these known limitations of visual workflow, and I need to look into embedding my flow into a visualforce page to get the customization I want?

thanks all
-Aaron
  • September 09, 2015
I have a custom button that calls a flow, and functionally it is working well.  
(My flow is called "Onboard", I have a custom object called Onboard, and a lookup field on account page that points to the Custom Onboard object.  Basic functionality of my flow:  detect if an onboard record exists associated with this account;  If it exists, display a screen to user with existing values and allow user to update;  If Onboard does not exist, create new onboard record linked to account and give same display screen to capture user values.  final step:  values from user input screen update the onboard record)
Here is my custom button URL that passes variables into the flow: 
/flow/Onboard?AccOwnerId={!Account.OwnerId}&varAccount={!Account.Id}&VarAccOnboard={!Account.OnBoardId__c}&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

Functionally, I have it all working, data is updating as I expect it to. However, I seem to be limited in how I can customize the screen.  

Issue 1:  When I change my "window open properties" on my custom button, to set height and width, this seems to have no effect on the window that pops up with my flow.  Is this something hard coded from visual workflow, I can't control the size of my pop up screen?  

Issue 2:  Use of screen itself:  All the fields on my screen are in one column, on top of each other with no spacing between them, and would look nicer if I could use the full width of the screen... but I can't seem to figure out how to customize the screen layout at all.

Are these known limitations of visual workflow, and I need to look into embedding my flow into a visualforce page to get the customization I want?

thanks all
-Aaron
  • September 09, 2015
Hi everyone; I have spent a few hours banging my head into the wall, hoping someone out there has some insight...

My basic architecture:  I made a new custom object called "Account Entity"  I made a lookup field on the Account object to link to the Account-Entity__c object.  my process builder attempts to do the following:  When a new account is created: if that new  account does not have a parent account, OR if the new account has a parent account that does not have a related Entity, AND the account has record type name = Library, AND the account has location (custom formula field) = US,  THEN, auto launch a flow that creates a new entity record, and updates the account to link to this new entity record.

When I create a new account with record type name = library AND location = US, it works perfect. (regardless of having parent account)
If I create a new account with record type name <> library, but has a parent account, it works as expected (no entity created)

If I create an account that does not have record type = library and has no parent, OR
If I create an account that has record type name = library, but location <> US,
I get this message:
Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301560000008XgL. Contact your administrator for help. 

Click here to return to the previous page.

In my email (as the admin), I get more details:
“An error occurred at element myDecision (FlowDecision).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Parent.Account_Entity__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.”

Where I am confused… in these scenarios, my critera should evaluate to false and the flow should not even be called?  Is this something as simple as my conditional logic is wrong?   thanks all
-Aaron

Process builder screenshot
  • October 27, 2015

Hello,

We have added a field "Assign to" on Case (a lookup on user) to let Salesforce.com users the ability to change the owner of a case from the case list. The Case owner is then updated via a trigger (before update on case) that is copying the "Assign to" field value into the Case.owner field.

The trigger works fine and the case owner is updated correctly.

The issue is that when the case owner is updated via that procedure, an automatic email is sent to the new Case owner to warn him that he s now assigned to the case. We do NOT want this email to be sent.

How can we prevent that email to be sent? Is there a piece of code available for that?

Here is the code I'm using currently:

trigger AssignToCaseOwner on Case (before update) {
	Integer i = 0;
	for(Case theCase : System.Trigger.new)
	{
		// only executed if the case owner is not changed as well 
		// and if the case owner is not already the "Assign to" user
		if(theCase.OwnerId == System.Trigger.old.get(i).OwnerId && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != null && 
			theCase.Assign_to__c != System.Trigger.old.get(i).Assign_to__c && 
			theCase.OwnerId != theCase.Assign_to__c)
		{
			theCase.OwnerId = theCase.Assign_to__c;
			// set DML options to remove the auto email -> NOT WORKING
			Database.DMLOptions dlo = new Database.DMLOptions();
			dlo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = false;
			theCase.setOptions(dlo);
		}

// Make the "Assign to" field empty as we do not need the value 
		// to be stored in the record
		theCase.Assign_to__c = null;

i++;
	}
}

Thanks on beforehand,
Martin HUBERT.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
To: ******@*************.com
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    **********@*************************.*********.salesforce.com
Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message

is too large; 10485760 bytes max (state 18).

I am getting the following error when using the email service via Salesforce.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

To: ******@*************.com

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    **********@*************************.*********.salesforce.com
Technical details of permanent failure:Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message is too large; 10485760 bytes max (state 18).

I already turned on the "Truncate Oversize Email (Text and HTML)" and this error is supposed to go to the email set in "Route Error Emails to This Email Address" right? I didn't get this email and it simply bounced the email back to the sender.

Any ideas? The email is not big though.. Not sure whats the problem.

Dear all.

I have to edit picklist values of standard fields like 'Rating', 'type' etc in standard object Account.

I am using the enterprise and metadat wsdls. But I didn't find any methods in these classes to edit these picklist values.

I think Update calls and account class in enterprise etc are for records not for fields.

any help would be great!!! This is something urgent..

Thanks in advance