• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to create a chart that shows the last 12 months of opportunities but instead of showing where the opportunities stages are at the time of viewing the report, I want to show where the opportunities were at a given point during that month (for example, the middle of the month).

See the image for clarification:

Is there any way to view a "snapshot" of where a month was without any custom development?

Thanks for any help.

I've been working with network solutions on how to point a custom domain to a force.com site.  From what I understand, a cname record will only point the www version of the domain to the force.com site.  The non www version will go nowhere.  According to Network Solutions.

Does anyone out there have experience with this and know a way around it?  Is that true?  Certainly there are companies whose domains are registered with Network Solutions and are effectively using sites.  I really appreciate any guidance.  Thanks! 

Kind of a strange issue.  I have a page with the "Home Page" checked.  This worked for a while but somehow recently stopped working.  When I visit the force.com domain, sps.force.com, it displays a vf page that's actually a defined template but not for the home page.

I've tried resaving the template used on the home page, making other pages the home page, I've checked the site settings and I can't find out what's going on.

Anyone out there have an idea or possibly run into a similar issue?

I'm building a site using CMSForce and have a couple questions.

1.  If I use friendly urls it adds 'cms/' to my url.  For example, a page might look like this: www.mysite.com/cms/friendly-url

Is there a way to remove the 'cms/' part so I can have full control over urls?

2.  I'd like to be able to populate the title tag, meta keywords and meta description with data entered by users.  Using a content block in the template won't work because the text editor automatically wraps content in html and what I need is plain text.  Ideally there would be fields for these on the page properties layout and they could populate the template.  Here's how the relevant template code would look:

<meta name="description" content="{!description__c}">
<meta name="keywords" content="{!keywords__c}">
<title>{!title__c}</title>

Can this be easily achieved?

Thanks for your help.

I've got a couple different stylesheets to deliver to different versions of internet explorer but this is proving difficult with Visualforce.  I'm sure it's possible with some creative solution, I just can't seem to find one.

Ideally, I would use conditional comments as I would in any html page:

<!--[if lte IE 8]>
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.assets, '/assets/css/lteie8.css')}"/>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 6]>
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.assets, '/assets/css/ie6.css')}"/>
<![endif]-->

and the VF page would generate the urls for me despite the comments and it would ouput something like this:

<!--[if lte IE 8]>
<link href="/resource/1295990700000/assets/assets/css/lseie8.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE 6]>
<link href="/resource/1295990700000/assets/assets/css/ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<![endif]-->

Any ideas how I can output the correct code?  I figure Salesforce would have thought about this if they're serious about Sites.  It's a very common practice.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I'm trying to create a chart that shows the last 12 months of opportunities but instead of showing where the opportunities stages are at the time of viewing the report, I want to show where the opportunities were at a given point during that month (for example, the middle of the month).

See the image for clarification:

Is there any way to view a "snapshot" of where a month was without any custom development?

Thanks for any help.

I've been working with network solutions on how to point a custom domain to a force.com site.  From what I understand, a cname record will only point the www version of the domain to the force.com site.  The non www version will go nowhere.  According to Network Solutions.

Does anyone out there have experience with this and know a way around it?  Is that true?  Certainly there are companies whose domains are registered with Network Solutions and are effectively using sites.  I really appreciate any guidance.  Thanks! 

Kind of a strange issue.  I have a page with the "Home Page" checked.  This worked for a while but somehow recently stopped working.  When I visit the force.com domain, sps.force.com, it displays a vf page that's actually a defined template but not for the home page.

I've tried resaving the template used on the home page, making other pages the home page, I've checked the site settings and I can't find out what's going on.

Anyone out there have an idea or possibly run into a similar issue?

We are having our Sites-based website translated into 3 new languages.  As part of the process, we are adding directive tags <!--….--!> to tell the translator robots what to do with certain pieces of information.  The trouble is, Salesforce.com is changing the text between those tags to asterisks <!--*****--!> which renders them unreadable.  How can I keep Salesforce from doing this?

I'm building a site using CMSForce and have a couple questions.

1.  If I use friendly urls it adds 'cms/' to my url.  For example, a page might look like this: www.mysite.com/cms/friendly-url

Is there a way to remove the 'cms/' part so I can have full control over urls?

2.  I'd like to be able to populate the title tag, meta keywords and meta description with data entered by users.  Using a content block in the template won't work because the text editor automatically wraps content in html and what I need is plain text.  Ideally there would be fields for these on the page properties layout and they could populate the template.  Here's how the relevant template code would look:

<meta name="description" content="{!description__c}">
<meta name="keywords" content="{!keywords__c}">
<title>{!title__c}</title>

Can this be easily achieved?

Thanks for your help.

Installed CMSForce2. Followed instructions up to page 13.  Was able to launch WYSIWYG editor and create basic PageItem content, but this content does not show up on the site preview or on the site itself (http://fugroroadware.force.com/software/cms/Home).

Suspecting permission issue of some kind.  All CMSForce2 objects have Read access or higher in Public Access Settings including PageItems which was not specified in the instructions.

Trying to view the PageItem by itself produces Authorization required page.

Help!!  This was supposed to be easy, but I haven't even gotten started.

Thanks,

Michael