• 50 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom button to create a new task from the related list of the contact page with certain parameters populated.  

Is it possible to put something in this so that when we save,  it jumps back to the related list (activity history) on the the contact page instead of the top of the contact page?  Similar to using an anchor in an html page.  Maybe by adding a saveurl to the link?

Here is the custom button code:

/00T/e?RecordType=012A000000115gz&who_id={!Contact.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&tsk12=Completed&{!Task.Complete_Date__c}={!TODAY()}

Thank you!

HI All,

Does any one know if there is any dependency that the webservices should be deployed on axis 2 to be used via apex callouts? or can it be deployed on axis 1 also. Does there exist any such dependency? 

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if VMforce has been rolled out or not?? Does any one have the information?

Thanks

Srikanth

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in no user  should be able to delete the tasks or events. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Srikanth

I'm trying to invoke a webservice from my vf page on button click (wsdl2apex). Now my question is whether the request going to the ENDPOINT URL will be my machine's IP address or salesforce instance's IP address?

Hi All,

I developed a web service and hosted over the web. I used the wsdl of this webservice to create an apex class in salesforce. I created a visual force page which will consume this apex class. So finally what i'm trying to do is access the webservice from vf page. But while doing this i'm getting the following error "System.CalloutException: IO Exception: Read timed out". I want to know the different reasons why this error occurs. Can anyone please help.

Does any one know if salesforce mobile app works when used via WiFi?

Yesterday when I was trying to login through salesforce mobile app on ipad and iphone (connected to network via WiFi) it said 'not connected to network'.

But I was able to login to salesforce using safari browser on ipad on the same WiFi network.

And also I was able to login to the salesforce mobile app through cellular data network(EDGE).

Can you please let me know if it is a problem with WiFi network or the app?

I have a custom field on the user object (status__c). Whenever a user logs into salesforce I should update the status as 'Available' and whenever the user logs out I should update the status as 'Unavailable'. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

i have a requirement where in i have to show the users a splash page when ever he logs in to salesforce. Once the user clicks the ok button on the splash page he should be shown the home page. Any ideas?

i have a site(force.com sites) which is basically a visualforce page where in i am updating the status field on the Task. When i am accessing the page as admin its working fine but when i open a new browser and type in the url(mycompany.force.com/....), i am unable to update the status field. any ideas?

I had this crazy idea of whether we can write triggers after logging in and before logging out of salesforce. i have a requirement where in i have to check if the support person has any uncompleted tasks. if the support person is not having any uncompleted tasks then only i have to allow him to log out. Any ideas?

I have a requirement where in i have to chagne teh color of the Cases standard tab. Please let me know if there is any way to do this.

Hi Guys, i have one scenario  like ,i have custom object with custom fields and i want insert csv file data in to custom object and how can i do that without using dataloader and documents so kindly let me know ASAP any solution ..

Hi all,

I need a bit of some help creating a trigger.   Contacts and accounts are being created using the API.  Upon insert a contact and an account are created with the following data:

Account Owner (defaulting to the api account)

Account Record Type (In this case "Enterprise'")

Account Name

Contact Owner (defaulting to the api account)

Contact Name

Contact MailingState

Contact MailingCity

What I need to do is create a trigger to perform the following.  After insert, check if Account BillingState, AccountBillingCity are null and Account Record Type is named  "Enterprise" or the 15digitid.  If so, populate AccountBillingState with the Contact Mailing State and populate AccountBillingCity with the ContactMailing City

I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance.  

• July 08, 2011

Hi,

I am working on implementing web service that calculate tax based on product and other variable. The WSDL file that I received from vendor is in rpc/encoded format. I managed to refactor that file in doc/literal but i had to delete couple of array type elements that is not supported. 

I've managed to import refactored WSDL and now have all the classes that I need. Now, I realized that the element that I removed is part of class that web service returns when I call tax calculation method.

So, my question: Can I still call the method and service returns data except the element that I removed ? I know that I can run a quick test to find out but I don't have all configuration setup on vendor side to run test.

thanks in advance,

Amit

Hi ,

I developed a visualforce page with date field. when i opened this page the date picker popup opened default from date field. i need to just hide this popup if i click that textbox need only open this popup..Have you any solution for this.

Thanks

Rajii

Hello Everyone,

I Have a inputField, in which I'm performing my logic. My logic is when User enters a character in textField it will search in one of my custom Object & returns a list. This list contains the Names which starts with of entered Char. And thiswill display like a drop-down.

When I'm selecting from mouse it's working fine,

But, when I'm using arrow keys for selecting and when press enter that value is not displaying in TextFIeld. 

I think You got my point. Please help me.

Regards

RBC

We have a custom button to create a new task from the related list of the contact page with certain parameters populated.  

Is it possible to put something in this so that when we save,  it jumps back to the related list (activity history) on the the contact page instead of the top of the contact page?  Similar to using an anchor in an html page.  Maybe by adding a saveurl to the link?

Here is the custom button code:

/00T/e?RecordType=012A000000115gz&who_id={!Contact.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&tsk12=Completed&{!Task.Complete_Date__c}={!TODAY()}

Thank you!

Business Use: We have a one-to-one relationship between opportunities and contracts.  Every opportunity that is sold results in a contract.

Current Setup: We have lookup fields setup that allow users to create a new contract from an opportunity.

Request: When in the new contract screen, we would like some information to pull in from the opportunity automatically (account name, business unit, etc).  As I understand it, this requires formula fields.  Has anyone done this before or know what I need to do  to make this happen?

I appreciate any insight you can give!

Thanks,

Natalie

Hello - I have worked thru the given examples.  I am able to call out and get a response from the web service, but the apex generated class is unable to dechiper it.  I am receiving this error:

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element Response

The wsdl as generated from the .NET asmx  ?wsdl contained an s:any which according to another thread is unacceptable to Force, so I tried to rework it  without success. 

The response I am getting from the webservice is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Response>
  <Status code="500" text="Error" />
  <Details>
    <Message type="E" text="This order does not exist ." />
    <Message type="E" text="The selected candidate record does not exist." />
  </Details>
</Response>

I would like to get the message text from the lines where message type = "E"  (error) and display it in a text field on the calling form. 

So how can I determine what the wsdl needs to look like for Force to digest the response properly?

Hi All,

Here is my requirement.

I have one simple dot net webform, it contains 2 text fileds (Name, WebSite) and Submit Button.

If I hit submit button new record will be created on Account object (Salesforce) with Name and Website fields.

Can you please give me  ideas to acheive above requirement.

Thanks,

Krishna

• June 20, 2011

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in no user  should be able to delete the tasks or events. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Srikanth

Can we use Web-to-lead for creating Leads via .net Webservice?

Hi all. I am getting the next Error when I am generating WSDL  : 

Apex Generation Failed : No type specified for element _Object

here is the link for the WSDL

https://demo.gemcapital.eu/MT4ManagerAPI/MT4ManagerAPI.WebService.asmx

how can i slove this Problem?

Thanks 

Hi All,

I developed a web service and hosted over the web. I used the wsdl of this webservice to create an apex class in salesforce. I created a visual force page which will consume this apex class. So finally what i'm trying to do is access the webservice from vf page. But while doing this i'm getting the following error "System.CalloutException: IO Exception: Read timed out". I want to know the different reasons why this error occurs. Can anyone please help.