• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I have pretty complicated requirements when it comes to sharing. It forced me to use apply without sharing keyword into a controller extension.

Everything would be fine, but we also use this construction in my controller extension constructor (field names are only examples :):

public CC_CaseExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

if (!System.Test.isRunningTest()){
        controller.addFields(new List<String> {'field1__c,'field2__c'});
     }
     record = (Case)controller.getRecord();

}

Now, my CC_CaseExtension is running WITHOUT SHARING. Nonetheless, this code fails on  record = (Case)controller.getRecord(); with error "Data not available".

I debugged this and It seems that this getRecord() is called on standard controller, and I guess it tries to enforce sharing.

I don't know what to do. I would very much prefer not to write SOQL queries to get the record variable, as the page and the class are really complicated and actually replacing the addFields() with a SOQL query is not that easy, they work a bit differently.

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards,

Lukasz

What kind of integrating other applications into Salesforce User Interface I could do ?

So our business has pretty sophisticated requirements - not all can be done on Force.com platform.

I was thinking ... So database.com has access to Salesforce databases, respects profiles, roles etc.

Is it possible to make Salesforce work in a way that one of our tabs will show the solution we built using Database.com ? (could be in Java or whatever).

Have any of you done something similar ?

What other solutions would you recommend ?

Thanks for help.

Hey,
I have a question about article version used on Case.
As far as I'm aware, the CaseArticle table stores the CaseId and ArticleId. The ArticleId is in fact the Article Id, not Article Version Id.
How to then get the information which version was used ? I can't see a specific column for this ...

The system we have gets articles from an external system. The articles have to be sometimes identified between those 2 systems. This external identifier has to come from the other system, not Salesforce. Since there is no notion of "unique" field on article type, we decided to store it on UrlName for that (but the question would not really change if it was another field).

So now, when our webservice is called and we want to know if we have this article in our knowledge base. We get the external id from the call and now we want to check if this article is in our database. Here is where it gets very tricky.
We cannot write a SOQL query like:
SELECT Id FROM FAQ__kav Where UrlName = 'asda'
because we would get an error that you have to query using publishStatus and language. That's understandable but there are 3 statuses and our organization have already 24 languagues enabled. So to check to be really really sure if this article is in our knowledge base we would have to do 3*24 = 72 queries? That seems pretty crazy.

What are we doing wrong, how could it be done differently ?

Hello,

Can anyone confirm (and hopefully give a workaround) to a bug, that when you use apex:relatedList in a VF page in the Console view (sample console application), those related lists do not render properly ?

The rendered lists try to call srcUp javascript function when a link is clicked, and this function fails in IE8.

Currently we are thinking of writing our own srcUp function, since we do not want to build all the related lists by ourselves (using apex:pageBlockTable).

Anyone with a better idea ?

Cheers,

Luke

Hello,

Sorry for the pretty long subject.

The question is, can I somehow make suggested articles work in the Service Cloud Console while I'm using custom Case page ? I've 2 problems with it:

1. For the moment we have a normal layout for New page and Custom VF page for editing - just to compare how it works.

And , when creating new case, typing anything in the subject changes the suggested articles on the right sidebar.

However, when you Edit the case - suggested articles won't change when we edit subject (for a moment I switched to Edit Page Layout and it the same situation of changing subject it works).

2. When setting the New  Page to custom VF page the sidebar of Suggested Articles does not show up on the right sidebar when creating the new case.

I've been trying to analyse what's going on under the sheets for quite some time, but with all the Ext Js events going on it's pretty impossible :(.

Best regards

• September 29, 2011

Hello,

Can anyone tell me :

Am I missing something or it's not possible to create a lookup relationship to Articles ?

Thats something i definitely need.

So, at this point, should I create something like a String field on my Custom Object that will store the article id and make another SOQL query to fetch it every time additionally ?

Kind regards

• September 20, 2011

Hello,

In my project we are using suggested articles (as a part of Service Cloud Console).

The question is : 

- Can the search for suggested articles by configured in any way ? For example, my client does not like, that he has to write full words in order for that to work (eg. when you type 'Salesfor' it will not find any Salesforce articles, but 'Salesforce' and 'Salesfor*' will find it). My client would like it to work as if the asterisk (*) was always there at the end of the subject

- Can we in any way customize what fields from the case should be used for search? As far as I notice currently only the Subject field is used.

- And the least important : can we customize the in any way the Suggested Articles columns? We would like to not have the 'New' column.

Knowledge looks promising for my client, but these are the limitations for now. I could probably somehow hack into the mechanism - in the HTTP requests i see what is going on and could probably mimic this behaviour with custom buttons and programming, but my client does not really want that.

Best regards

• September 16, 2011

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me what kind of files can be indexed when added to an article ?

I mean I added a field of type 'File'.

I upload an attachment to article. What kind of files will be indexed to allow full text search ?

I know that *.doc will work, but what else ?

Best regards,

Lukasz

• September 13, 2011

Hey,

Is is possible to somehow get HTTP post parameters ?

I'm using PageReference class, getParameters method to do it.

However, this method seems to work for GET parameters, i can't get it to work with POST parameters.

So, is it doable ?

Regards,

Luke

Hello,

Can anyone tell me :

Am I missing something or it's not possible to create a lookup relationship to Articles ?

So, at this point, should I create something like a String field on my Custom Object that will store the article id and make another SOQL query to fetch it every time additionally ?

Kind regards

• September 20, 2011

I have a list of fields obtained using a fieldset.

I want to set a value on these fields, but I can't figure out the syntax in Apex.

For example, the email field in the contact object.

Is there a way to preform this operation:

contact.email = 'me@somewhere.com'

if the token 'email' is in a string?

thanks

What kind of integrating other applications into Salesforce User Interface I could do ?

So our business has pretty sophisticated requirements - not all can be done on Force.com platform.

I was thinking ... So database.com has access to Salesforce databases, respects profiles, roles etc.

Is it possible to make Salesforce work in a way that one of our tabs will show the solution we built using Database.com ? (could be in Java or whatever).

Have any of you done something similar ?

What other solutions would you recommend ?

Thanks for help.

Hey,
I have a question about article version used on Case.
As far as I'm aware, the CaseArticle table stores the CaseId and ArticleId. The ArticleId is in fact the Article Id, not Article Version Id.
How to then get the information which version was used ? I can't see a specific column for this ...

Hi All,

I have a requirement with me in which i want to set the FROM email address in the out going email. i found thet Orgwide email address will resolve my issue. but even after using that only the sender display name is changed the Fromemail address is still the same.

Before using Org wide Email address From address in email

no-reply@salesforce.com; on behalf of;<current User name>

After using Org wide Email address From address in email ( i have set XXX name xxx@yyy.com)

no-reply@salesforce.com; on behalf of XXX

But i am expecting

xxx@yyy.com; on behalf of XXX

Code

in the code i set setOrgWideEmailAddress

mail.setOrgWideEmailAddressid( id of Org wide Email address record id);

Please let me know wat exacltly i sthe issue, or do we ave any other solution of setting from address?

So here I am trying to enjoy a nice sat with my kids. And I get a call. Apparently, Sp12 has murdered the service cloud console API. All versions from what we can tell. even old ones. that should be backwards supported/compatible/whatever. Tried salesforce example code from page 7 of:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/api_console.pdf

No love (by the way you should really use showheader=false and sidebar=false). JS error:

"Uncaught ReferenceError: Sfdc is not defined" in integration.js.  

The cloud and I aren't on speaking terms. Maybe we should see other people.........or cumulus formations.......whatever......

a VF page that accepts hall ticket number of student searches for grade in the database and displays the result appropriately.( useing controller class)

Hey Guys,

I ran into a problem a few weeks back (still waiting on support... level3 now) with the ArticleRenderToolBar element of VF. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, or can offer a clue to what I might be doing wrong, or if its really a bug?

So we built a really simple VF page (for a knowledge article) to test the RatingBar control. The only line it had (other than the require page etc.. ones) in it was this (taken from a SF guide pdf):

<knowledge:articleRendererToolBar articleId="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.id}" canVote="true" showChatter="false" />

I've tried various attribute combinations, but I've not beable to get the Voting stars to function... If I inspect the Page in Chrome I note a 404 error finding /vote/. However if I utilize the default salesforce article display (i.e.. not a custom VF page), then the ratingbar works and these is no 404 error, infact the requested address isn't /vote/ its something like /123456789/vote.js

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I using the code incorrectly?

I should note that the Bar actually displays the correct Article info when you expand it, so the ID passed is correct (which was my first worry). 

cheers for any advice.

Jon

Hello,

Sorry for the pretty long subject.

The question is, can I somehow make suggested articles work in the Service Cloud Console while I'm using custom Case page ? I've 2 problems with it:

1. For the moment we have a normal layout for New page and Custom VF page for editing - just to compare how it works.

And , when creating new case, typing anything in the subject changes the suggested articles on the right sidebar.

However, when you Edit the case - suggested articles won't change when we edit subject (for a moment I switched to Edit Page Layout and it the same situation of changing subject it works).

2. When setting the New  Page to custom VF page the sidebar of Suggested Articles does not show up on the right sidebar when creating the new case.

I've been trying to analyse what's going on under the sheets for quite some time, but with all the Ext Js events going on it's pretty impossible :(.

Best regards

• September 29, 2011

Hello,

Can anyone tell me :

Kind regards

• September 20, 2011

Hello,

In my project we are using suggested articles (as a part of Service Cloud Console).

The question is : 

- Can the search for suggested articles by configured in any way ? For example, my client does not like, that he has to write full words in order for that to work (eg. when you type 'Salesfor' it will not find any Salesforce articles, but 'Salesforce' and 'Salesfor*' will find it). My client would like it to work as if the asterisk (*) was always there at the end of the subject

- Can we in any way customize what fields from the case should be used for search? As far as I notice currently only the Subject field is used.

- And the least important : can we customize the in any way the Suggested Articles columns? We would like to not have the 'New' column.

Knowledge looks promising for my client, but these are the limitations for now. I could probably somehow hack into the mechanism - in the HTTP requests i see what is going on and could probably mimic this behaviour with custom buttons and programming, but my client does not really want that.

Best regards

• September 16, 2011

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me what kind of files can be indexed when added to an article ?

I mean I added a field of type 'File'.

I upload an attachment to article. What kind of files will be indexed to allow full text search ?

I know that *.doc will work, but what else ?

Best regards,

Lukasz

• September 13, 2011

I am performing sosl queries to return knowledge articles similar to this.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US')

How can I find out what type of article each result is? 

I don't want to have the sosl return a seperate list for each article type as I would like to keep the articles ranked based on the search term as stronly as possible. I'm only interested in a max of 5 returned records and I have 5 article types.

I can't find a good solution to this. Two possible solutions

1) for each id returned, query each article type to see if a record is returned

SELECT count() FROM faq__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

SELECT count() FROM documentation__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

So if I'm returning 5 records in my sosl, I could have up to 25 soql queries if I have 5 article types.

2) query knowledgeArticleVersion and the individual article Types in sosl. Take the list of knowledgeArticleVersions and then iterate through the other lists to see which articleType list it belongs to.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US'), faq__kav (id), documentation__kav(id)...

Is there a better way that I'm missing?

Thanks,.

Hi,

I need to display some of the Articles in a list. I had visted this URL(http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_knowledge_articleList.htm) , but is it need any conroller to display articles based the above URL...(I am getting no response)

Thanks

I want to remove Save & New button on Account edit page layout. I saw some older posts where S-control was a solution to get the button Id and disable it. but we have a new salesforce instance, where s - controls cannot be created. Please let me know if there is any other work around to just disable that button on the edit page layout.

Thanks,

PK

I am trying to figure out how to get my Knowledge Articles attached to outbound emails when they are driven by Apex.  I have a text template with the merge field {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs} and that works perfectly fine when the template is manually selected, but no attachments are added when I'm using an Apex based send email method.  I came across this and wonder if its related:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/apex/ideaview?id=08730000000HtcAAAS 

There seems to be no magic Articles as PDFs merge field available in a Visualforce template.  This leaves me thinking I need to manually build the attachment in the Visualforce template which I'm really hoping to avoid.

Any advice?