• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a client that uses four dependent picklist fields on the Product record to filter the desired products for selection (Product, Category, Sub-Category and Brand).  Each of the picklist have approximately 20 fields.  The picklist dependencies (include) need to be changed occasionally.  The details on the new dependency requirements are available in an external application and can be provided to an external interface program for update to SFDC.  I found this link suggesting that it is possible.  However, my developer indicates that it is no longer available in the SFDC API.  https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_picklist.htm
Has anyone found a way to periodcially update the picklist values and dependencies (includes) via an internal or external program.  If so, could you please share the details.

Thanks very much for your response.

I have a client that has Multi-Currency enabled and we are using the Currency ISO field to control the currency of currency values on the detail records.  I have created several summary reports that include summaries at the group level.  The reports are showing the correct currency at the line item (detail) level, however the Group summaries are showing the value in the Corporate currency level or the level selected in the show currency option.

I know I could create multiple reports and select show currency options for each report.  Does anyone know if there is another way to have the Group Summaries show totals using the currency from the lines for which they are providing summary totals.

I have a client that will be creating invoices on the force.com platform.  Does anyone know of a service provider that will provide Sales Tax information at the State and Local level for use in calculating sales tax on an invoice?  The service provider would also need to provide periodic updates to the rates as they change over time.  Finally, my client need to be able to create a Sales and Use tax report by reporting jurisdiction (state) on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis depending on the jurisdiction.

I am trying to create a custom button on the Event Detail Page that will create a new custom object entitled "Call Report".  I want to pre-populate a new custom field on the Call Report Object entitled "Customer" with the Account selected on the Event Related To field [What].  I also want to pre-populate a new custom field on the Call Report Object entitled "Contact" with the contact selected in the Name field [Who].  Finally, I am trying to move the values in a multi-select picklist to the new custom object.

I believe the issue is that Related To [What] and Name [Who] can have a single select picklist values of (Account,Case, Opportunity, etc) and (Contact or Lead) respectively. 

Here is what I have so far.....I am able to create the object and populate all of the fields except the Customer [What], Contact {Who] and Product Discussed [multi-select picklist].

https://na5.salesforce.com/a06/e?retURL=/a06/o&Name={!Event.Subject}&00N70000002ibZL={!Event.StartDateTime}&00N70000002ibfd={Eventually_Purpose__c}&CF00N70000002ibez_lkid={! Event.Who}&00N70000002ibep={!Event.EndDateTime}&00N70000002ibeu={!Event.Products_Discussed__c}=&CF00N70000002ibfx_lkid={!Event.What}

Thanks for your help....

A user connected their Blackberry Storm to the SFDC Org using Mobile Lite - no problem.  The user now has a new iPhone and when trying to load Salesforce Mobile from the App Store and activate, they get the following message:

This account has been locked to another device.  Please contact your Salesforce administrator to all this new activation.

Does the administrator need to delete the configuration for the Blackberry to allow the iPhone to activate?

A user connected their Blackberry Storm to the SFDC Org using Mobile Lite - no problem.  The user now has a new iPhone and when trying to load Salesforce Mobile from the App Store and activate, they get the following message:

This account has been locked to another device.  Please contact your Salesforce administrator to all this new activation.

Does the administrator need to delete the configuration for the Blackberry to allow the iPhone to activate?

Does anyone know why an email alert triggered from a workflow would not be creating the associated activity history? Emails sent through the interface, through Apex, and through the API are all logged in activity history (when the appropriate information is set). The email alert is set to be sent to the Contact Email (standard) field.

Thanks!