• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all

Anyone facing issues with Developer console? I can't use it for even a minute because this error keeps pop'ng up all the time - "Internal salesforce error - 1505910003-11876 (-21233231)" . 

Regards

Shuchi

• September 12, 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to create a search function in apex that contains SOSL. Here's my query :

String searchQry = 'FIND '\' ' + searchText +  '\' ' ;

List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query(searchQry);

However, i am getting an error - "Entities should be explictly specified in SOSL call in Apex". I do not want to specify the objects coz i want it to search all objects. According to the documentation, the RETURNING Clause is optional - http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/soql_sosl/index.htm.

If i add the object, the error goes away. Please help !

Regards

Shuchi

• September 10, 2012

I want to display the list view filter picklist that shows up at the top of a case. Its the one that lets u select your list view filters. e.g, All cases, All Open Cases, etc.

How can i get that to display in visualforce?

Regards

Shuchi

I am trying to display a datatable with fixed headers. How do i do that ? Here's my code:

<apex:dataTable value="{!apartments}" var="c" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3px" width="100%" rules="rows">
  <apex:column  headerValue="Name">
    <apex:outputText value="{!c.name}" />
  </apex:column>

</apex:dataTable>

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Shuchi

I have created a custom Visuaforce component for opportunity page layout. When i open the page on an iPad, i dont see the VF component. When i tried to view the component as a seperate tab, it opens up like a safari web page instead of a mobile web page. 

Any suggestions ? ?

Regards

Shuchi

I am trying to query Radian6 Service Persona object from SOQL Explorer. I see the object, but i dont see any records when i query. What am i missing?

Regards

Shuchi

Hey there,

I am trying to access the social profile information in Salesforce.com. I read the documentation and it says that Salesforce does not store that information anywhere. Then where does it store the information once you link your Facebook contact to Salesforce Contact? 

Is the information stored but not accessible by API calls?

Regards

Shuchi 

Hi all

I have created a lookup field in a repeat block. I want to get the value of the lookup in jQuey. When i try to do that, I get the value of the record instead of the Id. E.g. if Bill_To__c is my lookup field for account, I get "Test Account" back and not the id of the record in the value. How do i get the id of the record back in jquery?

Please advice.

Regards

Shuchi

Hi, 

I am trying to get a lookup behaviour on my VF page. I have an image that shows a popup, gets first name , last name from the user, creates a contact and then displays the ID in a input text box. I have this behavior repeated for many rows, ie. i have a apex:repeat and each row has an image button which calls this popup and calculates the id, and an input text box that displays the created id.

The problem is, how do I get the id of the input text field from the repeat row? My image and input text field are in the same row, but how do i find out which row's image did i click?

Regards

Shuchi

Hi all

I am trying to return a value null in case a partial page refresh errors occurs due to some field not set correctly. The problem is, as soon as the refresh happens and the error is displayed in the message on the page, the page url does not have the record id in it. 

e.g. Before the refresh:

na7.salesforce.com/TestPage?id=123456789383

After the refresh

na7.salesforce.com/TestPage 

I guess this is a known behavior. Can someone please clarify? How can i avoid it or the right question is "should i avoid it?" ?

Regards

Shuchi 

Hi All,

I am trying to create a search function in apex that contains SOSL. Here's my query :

String searchQry = 'FIND '\' ' + searchText +  '\' ' ;

List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query(searchQry);

However, i am getting an error - "Entities should be explictly specified in SOSL call in Apex". I do not want to specify the objects coz i want it to search all objects. According to the documentation, the RETURNING Clause is optional - http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/soql_sosl/index.htm.

If i add the object, the error goes away. Please help !

Regards

Shuchi

• September 10, 2012

I want to display the list view filter picklist that shows up at the top of a case. Its the one that lets u select your list view filters. e.g, All cases, All Open Cases, etc.

How can i get that to display in visualforce?

Regards

Shuchi

I am trying to display a datatable with fixed headers. How do i do that ? Here's my code:

<apex:dataTable value="{!apartments}" var="c" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3px" width="100%" rules="rows">
  <apex:column  headerValue="Name">
    <apex:outputText value="{!c.name}" />
  </apex:column>

</apex:dataTable>

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Shuchi

I'm running Eclipse 3.6.2 with the 25.0.0.20120618021 version of the Force.com IDE plugin. I cannot see error messages while developing VF Pages. Therefore, I have to cut and paste into the Salesforce app's window to see where my error resides. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any suggestions for fixing? 

Thanks, 

Chuck

Hello Community,

From my system.debug I got the following: 

2012-08-17 17:16:00

I am trying to do a SOQL on DateTime i.e

where (jbbfc2__Start_Date__c >= :getFromDate() and jbbfc2__finished_date__c <= :getToDate())

However, my SOQL isn't taking into consideration of the dates and I believe it's the dateTime from getFromDate() and getToDate()

//Get From Date

public datetime getFromDate(){                  

System.debug('FROM DATE'+ controllerObject.Start_Date__c);

return this.fromDate = controllerObject.Start_Date__c;

}

How do I convert the DateTime to the following, so the query will work?

• YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm
  • YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss-hh:mm
  • YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ

I have created a custom Visuaforce component for opportunity page layout. When i open the page on an iPad, i dont see the VF component. When i tried to view the component as a seperate tab, it opens up like a safari web page instead of a mobile web page. 

Any suggestions ? ?

Regards

Shuchi

I am trying to query Radian6 Service Persona object from SOQL Explorer. I see the object, but i dont see any records when i query. What am i missing?

Regards

Shuchi

Hey there,

I am trying to access the social profile information in Salesforce.com. I read the documentation and it says that Salesforce does not store that information anywhere. Then where does it store the information once you link your Facebook contact to Salesforce Contact? 

Is the information stored but not accessible by API calls?

Regards

Shuchi 

I deployed a change over the weekend and discovered that I could not "Login as user" to verify the change.

The changes had deployed succesfully. The changes were visible to me when I logged in as myself (system adminstrator). But when I used the "login as user" function to see the view from another user's perspective, I didn't see the change.

After hours of trying to troubleshoot it, i finally contacted the user and asked them to login and send me a screenshot of their view and sure enough, it was all working as it should have.

Has anyone ever come across this? Is this a bug? I thought all changes could be viwed with the login as user function.

• August 13, 2012

Hi all

I have created a lookup field in a repeat block. I want to get the value of the lookup in jQuey. When i try to do that, I get the value of the record instead of the Id. E.g. if Bill_To__c is my lookup field for account, I get "Test Account" back and not the id of the record in the value. How do i get the id of the record back in jquery?

Please advice.

Regards

Shuchi

Hi, 

I am trying to get a lookup behaviour on my VF page. I have an image that shows a popup, gets first name , last name from the user, creates a contact and then displays the ID in a input text box. I have this behavior repeated for many rows, ie. i have a apex:repeat and each row has an image button which calls this popup and calculates the id, and an input text box that displays the created id.

The problem is, how do I get the id of the input text field from the repeat row? My image and input text field are in the same row, but how do i find out which row's image did i click?

Regards

Shuchi

Hi all

I am trying to return a value null in case a partial page refresh errors occurs due to some field not set correctly. The problem is, as soon as the refresh happens and the error is displayed in the message on the page, the page url does not have the record id in it. 

e.g. Before the refresh:

na7.salesforce.com/TestPage?id=123456789383

After the refresh

na7.salesforce.com/TestPage 

I guess this is a known behavior. Can someone please clarify? How can i avoid it or the right question is "should i avoid it?" ?

Regards

Shuchi 

Hi

I have created a look up from case object to a custom object. The field name is statusupdate__c i am getting the value of the statusupdate__c field but I what the id of the field to compare whether it is present in the case object. What should I do. pls help me it is urgent. pls

my code 

list<string> status1 = new list<string>(); 
    list<string> id = new list<string>();
    list<string> name1 = new list<string>();

for(Case caseobj:Trigger.new)
    {
        status1.add(caseobj.statusupdate__c);
        id.add(caseobj.recordtypeid);
        //id.add(caseobj.recordtypename);
        //status1 = [select status from case  where id=:recordtypeid]; 
        //id  = [SELECT id, selectstatus__c from statusupdate__c WHERE id =:status.id];
    }

list<statusupdate__c > newstatus = new  list<statusupdate__c >();
    newstatus = [select Name,selectstatus__c,id from statusupdate__c where id =:status1]; 
    RecordType contactRecType = [select name from RecordType where id=:id ];

// list<statusupdate__c > statusid = new  list<statusupdate__c >();
   // statusid = [select id from statusupdate__c  where selectstatus__c = :status1];

list<case> newcase = new list<case>();
    newcase = [select Status,id,statusupdate__c from case];

system.debug('+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++'+newcase[0].statusupdate__c) ;

pls help me i am new to salsforce. 

I would like a command like to look like a command button. I was once told that I could to that with using the style but I am having trouble figureing out how to do it. Can anyone give me a hand. Thanks

I'm trying to figure out if a folder can be created using apex.  The following code does not work:

Folder newFolder = new Folder(Name=folderName,Type='Document',AccessType='Public'); insert newFolder;

Apparently DML is not allowed on folders.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!