• 15 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a SOQL Query that would execute to return results from a custom object.
The query runs successfully and resturns the desired results when executed.

In Spring 14 an issue came up in our managed package that the SOQL results are not displaying on a VF page where they did fine in Winter release.

We are using the apex:repeat to return a result set from a SOQL query.
Th VF page executes correctly but on the page I do not see any records displayed on the page.

If a look at the page source, I can see 4 Table rows are created but the data in the rows is blank.

Has anyone ran across this issue?

<apex:page showHeader="false" readOnly="true" controller="SpinController" action="{!checkGeneralAccess}">
<apex:composition template="SWPageTemplate" >
    <apex:define name="swTitle"><apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.TItle_Homepage}"></apex:outputLabel></apex:define>
    <apex:define name="swContent">
        <p class="gv-eligible-vins-intro">You have&nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!eligibleVINCount}" /> eligible VINs waiting for you to earn points.
            {!IF(eligibleVINCount > 0, 'Select a VIN .', 'ok!')}<br /><br /> ok!</p>
        <div class="gv-eligible-vins">
            <table>
                <thead><tr><th>VIN</th><th>Sales Date</th><th>Model </th></tr></thead>
                <tbody>
                <apex:repeat value="{!eligibleVINs}" var="retailUnit">
                    <tr>
                        <td><apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.Quiz}?vin={!retailUnit.VIN__c}"><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.VIN__c}" /></apex:outputLink></td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{0,date,MM'/'dd'/'yy}">
                                <apex:param value="{!retailUnit.OrderDate__c}" />
                            </apex:outputText>
                        </td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.ModelDesc__c}" /></td>
                    </tr>
                </apex:repeat>
                </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </apex:define>
</apex:composition>
</apex:page>

We are an OEM partner and last year created an app and went through the security review and were approved.

In our scenario we fully administer the apps and act as the administrator on behalf of our clients.

In addition each client has customizations that could be different between each program.  Are we required to have a managed package if we are fully supporting and administrating each org or can we just have an unmanaged package and handle each org and customizations separately within each org.  Its very complicated with managed apps to have a design locked down when each client can we a little different.

I do understand the implications that we can't "push" updates to orgs by not using a managed package. 

So my questions is as an OEM Partner is it okay to just have an umanaged package?  And just make any customization / tweaks for each client in their particular org.  

As an ISV partner that wants to use the Touch iOS app. Can we modify the branding of the welcome messages just like we can for other login pages and the loading welcome messages using trial force templates, or something else??

In our custom app we are running VF pages that are all showheader=false

I don't want a user to be able to edit the URL and remove the VF page name that then allows them to get in the native salesforce pages and then they are out of the VF app.

Any way to prevent this?

I have seen a couple of posts about this but have found no solution.

We have a managed app deployed to an enterprise org.

We are trying to edit any of the static resources and we don't have that option.  Why?

I don't want a user to be able to edit the URL and remove the VF page name that then allows them to get in the native salesforce pages and then they are out of the VF app.

Any way to prevent this?

I have a SOQL Query that would execute to return results from a custom object.
The query runs successfully and resturns the desired results when executed.

In Spring 14 an issue came up in our managed package that the SOQL results are not displaying on a VF page where they did fine in Winter release.

We are using the apex:repeat to return a result set from a SOQL query.
Th VF page executes correctly but on the page I do not see any records displayed on the page.

If a look at the page source, I can see 4 Table rows are created but the data in the rows is blank.

Has anyone ran across this issue?

<apex:page showHeader="false" readOnly="true" controller="SpinController" action="{!checkGeneralAccess}">
<apex:composition template="SWPageTemplate" >
    <apex:define name="swTitle"><apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.TItle_Homepage}"></apex:outputLabel></apex:define>
    <apex:define name="swContent">
        <p class="gv-eligible-vins-intro">You have&nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!eligibleVINCount}" /> eligible VINs waiting for you to earn points.
            {!IF(eligibleVINCount > 0, 'Select a VIN .', 'ok!')}<br /><br /> ok!</p>
        <div class="gv-eligible-vins">
            <table>
                <thead><tr><th>VIN</th><th>Sales Date</th><th>Model </th></tr></thead>
                <tbody>
                <apex:repeat value="{!eligibleVINs}" var="retailUnit">
                    <tr>
                        <td><apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.Quiz}?vin={!retailUnit.VIN__c}"><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.VIN__c}" /></apex:outputLink></td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{0,date,MM'/'dd'/'yy}">
                                <apex:param value="{!retailUnit.OrderDate__c}" />
                            </apex:outputText>
                        </td>
                        <td><apex:outputText value="{!retailUnit.ModelDesc__c}" /></td>
                    </tr>
                </apex:repeat>
                </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </apex:define>
</apex:composition>
</apex:page>

hi

Is it possible to use schedule process  in DATALOADER COMMANDLINE?

• June 03, 2013
As an ISV partner that wants to use the Touch iOS app. Can we modify the branding of the welcome messages just like we can for other login pages and the loading welcome messages using trial force templates, or something else??

Any way to prevent this?

I have a custom object that we use to track our business from order through payment.  Part of that tracking includes what items are shipping, in what quantity and at what price.  I'd like to use the same functionality as our sales team uses on the opportunities - ADD PRODUCTS.  That works exactly as I need this to work, with a list of all products, the ability to select the relevant ones, enter a quantity, an extended price and track any comments as well.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get that functionality on a custom object.  

I considered using a different opportunity record type, but that won't work for a variety of reasons.  

So, is there a way to put the "Add Products" functions on a custom object?

• September 23, 2010