• 40 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to mimic the standard Price Books related list on the Product object using visualforce page.  I'm new to Visualforce and can't seem to find where I would be able to limit what price book displays in my page.  On the standard Price Books related list, it doesn't list the "Standard Price Book"...which is what I like.  However, when I recreate this related list into a Visualforce page it draws in the standard price book...and I don't want that.

Price Books Related List

NOTE: the reason I'm trying to recreate this list is because the standard related list isn't editable and I want to pull in a custom field "Service Price" to display next to List Price.
Here is the simple code I'm using to try and mimic this.
<apex:page id="PriceBookEntries" standardController="Product2">
        <base target="_parent"/>
    <apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:pageBlockSection >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Product2.PricebookEntries}" var="pricebookentry" >
            <apex:column headervalue="Price Book Name">
                <apex:outputText value="{!pricebookentry.Pricebook2.Name}"/>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column headervalue="List Price">
                <apex:outputText value="{0, number, Currency}">
                        <apex:param value="{!pricebookentry.UnitPrice}" />
                </apex:outputText>
            <apex:column headervalue="Service Price">
                <apex:outputText value="{0, number, Currency}">
                        <apex:param value="{!pricebookentry.Service_Price__c}" />
                </apex:outputText>
            <apex:column headervalue="Active">
                <apex:outputfield value="{!pricebookentry.Pricebook2.IsActive}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I'm truly not a developer, and yet a Trailhead lesson is requiring me to perform as such to complete it.  

The subject Trailhead lesson says to Create A Lightning Action.  I've downloaded the indicated installation package for quickcontact lightning component.  However, I don't know where to go with step 2 below.  I tried to glean the needed information from the lesson, but, again, I'm not a developer and don't understand all the code.  If someone could point me in the right direction...using declaritive verbage...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,  Scott
To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
1. The Lightning component must be named quickContact.
2. Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.)
3. Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
4. Add the action to the Account Layout page layout.
On the Opportunity Products Search Page, where you can select multiple products for an Opportunity, I see that there are possible filter criteria to limit the list of products you can choose, down to any specified criteria.  However, it would appear that our Sales team doesn't have time to input filter criteria so they can easily find what they want.  Instead they continually choose the wrong products and have to make corrections later...wasting a lot of time.  My question is two fold...
  1. Can a List View drop down be added like we have on other standard objects...i.e. Accounts, Cases, etc?  This way we can preset the filters for each view and they would then go and choose the appropriate products for each view.
  2. Can a VFP be easily set up that would show multiple sections for choosing products, filtered by product type?  i.e. first section would be filtered to only show "Drills", second would be "Saws", etc...etc...  Then Sales could go to each section, choose what they would like and then "Select" at the top to add in the quantities like normal.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if I'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know where this should be.

Thanks,

Scott
Really could use some help here.  The developers for our new Call Center software say this is a problem with Salesforce since there are rules for this and they aren't working.  Others have stated that we need to use a newer console view, but maybe there is a better solution since our Technical Support teams prefer the classic console to the Enhanced or Lightning Console.  I submitted this as a ticket to Saleforce and all I got was, This is a developer issue, case closed.  So, here I am...

"Why is it that when using the standard/classic console and we have our G+Connector set for screen pop to open within new browser window or tab we continually get the popups anyways? Looks like Salesforce isn't obeying the CTI 2.0+ rules. This is causing an overload of work because the popup appears on ALL open tabs. Our techs have to continually go back through all their tabs to close of the popup...every time we get a call."

Any help is greatly appreciated. 
(Sorry if I post this in the wrong category...please point me to correct one if I did.)

Thanks,  Scott
We have a need to create a Popup Alert for Assets that will function like SFDC or RipTide does for Accounts.  I was hoping to find a app that would do this, but can't seem to find anything that does this.  I've been directed to this forum to see if anyone here has any experience on this and learn how I should approach our programmers for APEX/Visual Force Page setup.  We would like to accomplish this using a field on the Asset where we can input text for the alert and to only show the alert in a popup if the field is populated.

Suggestions/Directions?

Thanks,

Scott
I'm looking at changing a Lookup Relationship to a Master-Detail relationship between Accounts and Assets.  What is the downside to this for an instance that has been operating for a LONG time.  What speed bumps or pot holes should I look for before/during/after doing this?

I've looked throughout the internet looking for a formula to meet my needs with regards to calculating time duration and have failed to find one that meets this very simple need.

Goal: To calculate time difference between two text fields using HH:MM:SS format. (See following)

StartTime: 12:55:23

EndTime:  13:01:15

Duration:     0:05:52

My customer runs tests on equipment and records the start of the test as HH:MM:SS and then the stop time of test in the same format.  I need to set up a calculation field that will take these two inputs and create a result to show the duration in the same format. Excel is excellent at this, but I need this in Salesforce, however, Salesforce seems to want to use Data/Time with the full date...which we don't need.  It also doesn't allow input of SS (keeps erroring out when we try)

Any help on a formula that would allow customer to use the above mentioned format for input and present the result in another text field (in proper format) would be OUTSTANDING!

Thanks,

Scott

I'm truly not a developer, and yet a Trailhead lesson is requiring me to perform as such to complete it.  

The subject Trailhead lesson says to Create A Lightning Action.  I've downloaded the indicated installation package for quickcontact lightning component.  However, I don't know where to go with step 2 below.  I tried to glean the needed information from the lesson, but, again, I'm not a developer and don't understand all the code.  If someone could point me in the right direction...using declaritive verbage...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,  Scott
To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
2. Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.)
3. Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.

Thanks,  Scott
how to change/delete profile in sfdc

We have a need to create a Popup Alert for Assets that will function like SFDC or RipTide does for Accounts.  I was hoping to find a app that would do this, but can't seem to find anything that does this.  I've been directed to this forum to see if anyone here has any experience on this and learn how I should approach our programmers for APEX/Visual Force Page setup.  We would like to accomplish this using a field on the Asset where we can input text for the alert and to only show the alert in a popup if the field is populated.

Suggestions/Directions?

Thanks,

Scott
I'm looking at changing a Lookup Relationship to a Master-Detail relationship between Accounts and Assets.  What is the downside to this for an instance that has been operating for a LONG time.  What speed bumps or pot holes should I look for before/during/after doing this?