• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear experts,

Can any one educate me on the actual meaning of following categories?

Pipeline
Best case
Commit
Omit
Closed

Thanks,
Srujan

HI,

Can anyone tell how to write validation rule for below format.

Ex : +91 (123) 456 7890

Hi,
i facing following issue:

We Have Obj. Account and Obj. B__c.
On Object Account we have a ID__c which stores an ID.  Now we get this ID from an external System written in an text field on Obj. B__c

Now i need a piece of code which matches teh ID from Obj. B__c with the ID from Account and if a match is found the LOOKUP on Obj. B__c should be populated with the ACCOUNT NAME which has the same ID.

I hope it is undersantable and anyone can help me out with some link for ressources.

Thank you.

Sebastian

Hi All,
              any body can help me out on this.thanks in advance.

I have a junction object,for example M1 &M2 are the masters,C is a junction object.M1 has Only Read permission And M2 has R/W permissions.what are the permissions will C(junction Object) get?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

I cannot figure out why the task is not being created for the owner on this. I checked to make sure allow activities was on the Job Applications Object. I think I have all the required fields. I tested it to just post a word to chatter instead of creating a word and it posted. Why does it not create the task?

User-added image

User-added image
<apex:page standardController="Project__c" extensions="ProjectController"  showHeader="true" sidebar="true" tabStyle="Account">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock title="Information " id="pb1" mode="edit" >
<apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" >
 <c:MultiselectPicklist leftLabel="Available Licensed User" 
                                leftOptions="{!allUser}"
                                rightLabel="Selected Lisenced"
                                rightOptions="{!selectedUser}"
                                size="10"
                                width="150px"  /> 
                                 </apex:pageBlockSection>
                                 </apex:pageBlock>
                                 </apex:form>

</apex:page>

Though in the controller I have declared alluser as select option am getting above error.Can anybody please tell what exactly needs to be done?
How can there be records in the Leads table that have the field IsConverted = true but there is no value in ConvertedAccountID, or ConvertedContactID, or ConvertedOpportunityID fields?  I have many records that have this scenario.
  • February 22, 2016
Hi All,

Please Help!!!
Evaluation Criteria : Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria
Rule Criteria Opportunity :  StageEQUALSClosed Won
Workflow Action : Email Alert

>Here First my record meet the above rule criteria based on the evaluation criteria it sends an an Email i.e Opportunity stage equals Closed   Won
>After that in that same record i change the Opportunity stage to Need Analysis so now the record dont met the criteria so there is a no        Email
>Then i changed that Opportunity record stage to Closed Won now the record meet the criteria so its send an email again but i want to stop    the Sending an Email Now.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Raj.
Hi experts,

I built a workflow that works fine, but when I tried to re-create it using process builder it does not.
What am I doing wrong?

1) Workflow Rule Criteria

AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Location_Country__c, "USA"), 
NOW()< High_Priority_Date_Time__c +30*60/1440, 
RecordType.DeveloperName <> "Internally staffed", 
SLA_met__c = FALSE, 
ISPICKVAL( Approval_history_status__c,"Approved"), 
ISPICKVAL(ts2__Priority__c, "High"), 
ISPICKVAL(ts2__Status__c,"Open"), 
NOT(ISBLANK(ts2__Account__c)))

2) Process Builder Formula

AND( 
ISPICKVAL([ts2__Job__c].Location_Country__c , "USA"),
NOW()< [ts2__Job__c].High_Priority_Date_Time__c +30*60/1440,
[ts2__Job__c].RecordType.DeveloperName <> "Internally staffed",
[ts2__Job__c].SLA_met__c = FALSE, 
ISPICKVAL( [ts2__Job__c].Approval_history_status__c,"Approved"),
ISPICKVAL([ts2__Job__c].ts2__Priority__c,"High"), 
ISPICKVAL([ts2__Job__c].ts2__Status__c,"Open"),
NOT(ISBLANK([ts2__Job__c].ts2__Account__c)))
  • February 14, 2016
Hello everybody ,

I'm new to salesforce so i'm sorry if my question isn't that pertinent .

I have a lookup in a custom object : Employee .

The problem is that , when I want to select , it shows me the Employee ID , and I would have prefered that it shows me 3 or 4 field so it would be more relevant and easy to choose .

Anyone knows how to do it ?

THANK YOU !
Hello,

For opportunity there are many stages,
How can i let particular user have access to certain stages and other profiles to have access to certain stages only.
Without using different record types

Thank you
  • October 07, 2015
Hello,

For stages in Opportunity,
I have few picklist which are inactive.

What ae there significance, and how can i get them back or use them in reports.

thanks

• October 06, 2015
Hello,

How is it possible to change the color of rows for Reports displayed.

I just want to differentiate between header and other rows.

Normally i see it blue and light bue, I wanted to have soem format which can give right result when i print

• October 06, 2015
Hello,

In reports how is it possible to hide a report or report folder from a Profile or user.
But as i use them on Dashboard, thy still need to be accessible.
  • October 06, 2015

Hello,

I have a profile System admin.
I want to make a settting that, other system admin should not be allowed to login in to my account.

Is there any setting i can do or 
Can make a setting that people will need a code send to my phone.

thanks
  • October 05, 2015
Hi,

I tried adding new values under Stage field but when I try to create a new Opportunity none of the added values appear under Stage.
Thank you in advance
  • August 20, 2015
Hi All,

I am trying to find the query cost using query plan in the console. It showing two values which one I need to consider the query cost,

User-added image
Hi All,

I want to implement one logic like below.

Number: 345678987656733

If the user giving the input as 898765. I want to check the value is matched with the above value or not based on the below format.

The given input length is 6, It should check 6 numbers.

For example:
Combination         Result
345678           !=    898765
456789           !=    898765
567898           !=    898765
678987           !=    898765
789876           !=    898765
898765           =    898765 (Matched) Similarly it will check the remaining combination and return the result.
Hi All,

I want to remove white spaces from the given string. How to achieve this using the regular expression.

Example:
Salesforce Developer ==> I want to convert the string to like this "SalesforceDeveloper". Remove all white spaces from the given string.

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi All,

How to use base URL in text email template. Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi All,

I am using mass email message concept to send an email to record owner. In the code, I have queried the corresponding email template. Based on my conditions email is received. But I am not getting the merge fields that are used in the email template. Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi 

I want cron expression to run the job for every 5 minutes
Hi All,

I want to format the SSN number with dashes. By default, it will without dashes.

Example : SSN = 1234567891

I want to convert into this format using apex 123-45-7891

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi All,

What is the purpose of the below regular expression?

string test = '00045304^+453534$!';
system.debug('>>>> Remove leading zero >>'+test.trim().replaceAll('^0+(?!$)', ''));

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi,

I want to update the picklist dependencies from objectB to object A. Each object having both fields (Session and Year). If the user updates the dependency in object B then new changes should be updated to Object A.

How to achieve this. I followed the below link to achieve my logic but it's not working

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000009452IAA

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

Is it possible to copying the field dependencies from one object to another object? Please let me know if you have any idea about this.

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi,

What are the authorization techniques used in the API.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I want to know, what is expose and consume in web service. If you know any real time scenarios please let me know.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

Can anyone know the considerations and query performance in salesforce?
use cases for the various authentication techniques.
best practices, and use cases for asynchronous execution.
Hi,

I am using a string and store some characters in the string. If the string contains any duplicate value then remove that character and store the unique characters only.

Ex String demoString = 'ADVABD';

In the above string, I want to remove the duplicate characters A and D in the string.

Let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

Is anyone knows the Dev 401 certification exam date? 

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am using session year and session values in the visualforce page. Based on the year the session values will change dynamically using a custom setting, In some cases, if the year is not matched with custom setting then I need to show standard dependency values for the year.

While changing the year I am getting required error. I tried to use action region tag, still, I am getting an error.

User-added image

<apex:actionRegion immediate="true">
                            <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">   
                                <apex:inputField value="{!appInstance.Session_Year__c}" required="true">
                                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!sessionValues}" rerender="sessionId,stdSessionId" status="refreshStatus87">
                                        <apex:actionStatus id="refreshStatus87">
                                            <apex:facet name="start" >
                                                <apex:image style="padding-left:20px" url="/img/support/servicedesk/barloading.gif" />                       
                                            </apex:facet>
                                            <apex:facet name="stop" >
                                            </apex:facet>
                                        </apex:actionStatus>
                                    </apex:actionSupport>
                                </apex:inputField>
                            </apex:pageBlockSection>
                        </apex:actionRegion>

<!-- Application Session Information -->

<apex:pageblocksection id="sessionId" columns="1" >
                                <apex:selectList value="{!appInstance.Session__c}" multiselect="false" size="1" label="Session/Semester Start" rendered="{!sessionValuesList.size > 0}" required="true" >
                                    <div class="requiredInput">
                                        <div class="requiredBlock">                                   
                                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!sessionValuesList}" />                           
                                        </div>                            
                                    </div>
                                </apex:selectList>
                                <apex:inputField value="{!appInstance.Session__c}" rendered="{!sessionValuesList.size == 0}" required="{!sessionValuesList.size == 0}" />
                            </apex:pageblocksection>

Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I want to show the all the attachments in a visualforce page. If I click "X" image then corresponding attachment will be deleted in salesforce.

User-added image
Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am facing string length exceeds limit issue on the below line.

Blob bodyBlob = null;

bodyBlob = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(headerEncoded+bodyEncoded.substring(0,bodyEncoded.length()-4)+EncodingUtil.base64Encode(Blob.valueOf(last4BytesFooter)));

How to resolve the string length exceed exception. String length exceeds maximum: 12000000

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I want to update the picklist dependencies from objectB to object A. Each object having both fields (Session and Year). If the user updates the dependency in object B then new changes should be updated to Object A.

How to achieve this. I followed the below link to achieve my logic but it's not working

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000009452IAA

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

What are the authorization techniques used in the API.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am getting the below exception in my apex trigger. Can anyone suggest me how to resolve this issue?

FATAL_ERROR|System.LimitException: Query of LOB fields caused heap usage to exceed limit.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi Experts,

I want to show the stage duration for the opportunity stage in the report.

For example The opportunity stage is A,B.

May 01 the opportunity is reached to A. Then after 5th day the opportunity reached to B. Here I want to show the duration of each stage.

Please let me know, how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi All,

How to use base URL in text email template. Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

Is it possible to copying the field dependencies from one object to another object? Please let me know if you have any idea about this.

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi,

Is anyone knows the Dev 401 certification exam date? 

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am facing string length exceeds limit issue on the below line.

Blob bodyBlob = null;

bodyBlob = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(headerEncoded+bodyEncoded.substring(0,bodyEncoded.length()-4)+EncodingUtil.base64Encode(Blob.valueOf(last4BytesFooter)));

How to resolve the string length exceed exception. String length exceeds maximum: 12000000

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am using a live agent and display the below fields. If the person clicks the chat now button, I want to create a new lead with the given details. If the person using the same email to chat again in this case we need to update the details.

User-added image

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I have used apex code to share the record with community user. While sharing the record to community user I am getting the below exception, That community user having full access.

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: []

Hi all,
Below is my trigger to update the status in the other object if the email is matched then it will update the status in the other object.
trigger verifyUG on UnderGradute__c (after insert) {
list<string> Email = new    list<string> ();
    list<string> phone = new    list<string> ();

list<Form_Leads__c> test  = new   list<Form_Leads__c> ();
    list<Form_Leads__c> test1  = new  list<Form_Leads__c> ();
    list<Form_Leads__c> test2  = new  list<Form_Leads__c> ();

for(UnderLad__c IL :trigger.new){
if (IL.Email__c != null){
Email.add(IL.Email__c);
}
if (IL.Cell_Phone_Number__c!= null){
phone.add(IL.Cell_Phone_Number__c);
}
}
test1=[SELECT id, Email__c, Cell_Phone_Number__c, Converted_Status__c FROM Form_Leads__c WHERE Email__c IN : Email limit 5000 ];

test=[select Cell_Phone_Number__c,Email__c, Converted_Status__c from Form_Leads__c where Id IN: test1 limit 5000];

system.debug('////'+test);

for(Form_Leads__c t :test){
if(test.size()!=null){
t.Applied__c= true; 
t.Converted_Status__c='Matched';
test2.add(t);
}

}
update test2;
}
In Sandbox it is working fine but in production it throwing an error as  System.LimitException: Too many query rows: 50001.

Can anyone help me over here.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
mac.

Hi,

I am getting the below error while running my web service class. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

System.HttpResponse[Status=Internal Server Error, StatusCode=500]

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I am sending a large attachment from salesforce to an external system. While sending the attachments I am facing some issue, I am not able to send attachments size is greater than 12 MB, is there any possibility to send the attachments 12 MB?

Thanks,
Vijay
Hi,

I have an email template (templateId = 'xxxxx') that has custom fields which are part of the email tempalte. 

I have a trigger when when criteria A,b, and c are met, then an email is supposed to be sent. i am trying to use an email template while sending the email, but I am getting the follow error message below. Any thoughts as to what is causing the issue?

First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_ID_FIELD, WhatId is not available for sending emails to UserIds.:

My email code logic is:
sendTemplatedEmail(Id whatId, Id targetObj, List<String> toAddr, Id templateId) {
        //create new SingleEmailMessage (i.e. eml)
        //setToAddress to toAddr
        //setTemplateId to templateId 
       //setTargetObjectId to targetObject
       //setWhatId to whatId
       //setSaveAsACtivity to false

sendEmail(...);
    }

• November 03, 2015

Hi I am writing an APEX Trigger to send MassEmail, I learned I could use SetTargetObjectId for MassEmailMessage, from this link:

http://www.forcetree.com/2009/07/sending-email-from-your-apex-class.html

I want to use setTargetObjectId, this method works very well in SingleEmailSeassage.

When I use it for MassEmailMessage,

It keeps showing the error

Method does not exist or incorrect signature

I thought I may give the wrong value for this method, I tried the List, Set<Id>, etc.

None of them works.

Does MassEmailMeassage supports this method, or it only supports it in APEX Class, not trigger?

the error came for SetWhatId, too. 

Update: 

Thanks Puja,

I forget to add things I did try the "setTargetObjectIds" and  "setTargetObjectId", but both of them shows same error for me. 

Hi - We have a Custom Button set up on Opportunties that will create an Order for a closed Opportunity.  We also have a trigger that will pulls the Op product line items onto the order.

I have an issue with a user. When they click the custom button, the product line items do not map to the order (but she can still create the order)

I've changed her role and profile to the same as mine, and tried again with the same opportunity.  When I do it - the line items map over, when I log in as her, they do not.  Neither of us have any permission sets on our profiles.  Is there somewhere else I should be checking?

(PS I'm an Admin not a Dev!)

Thanks

Rupert

Hello guys i hope someone can clear some of my questions. I'm experimenting with salesforce for CRM. Basically  we want to allow specific departments in our institution to use the case application I have gone through the case management implementation manual and i think i can achieve what i want as long as i create different security profiles for the so that each department can each have thier own crm fields, and not actually see other departments cases. Now here are my  questions

1 - Should i use the prebuild case application? is my understanding correct? I have figuered out at the time of input how to show specific fields to a user with a given profile, However i have not figuered out how to prevent certain users from seeing other depts/users cases? how do i do that?

2- I would like to auto-populate certain fields on textinput tab event. Now i know how to handle this with javascript/ jquery but how do i go about doing this in salesforce?  i would like to make a webservice call to a service that i have created in my organization that would pass the users contact name  first and last name. How do i go about doing that? any suggestions?

3- If i use the visual force page, I'm i basically creating an application from scratch? in other words i have been reading that if i want to get step 2 above done i would need to create a custom button. However i need to use a visual force page? can someone with a little more knowledge clear this up for me. 

Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can provide i would truly appreciated.