• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
We would like to use the cloud scheduler for our environment. It's easy to get the standard templates up and running, but how do I change the emails and the website page ?

Appreciate any information you can provide.

Leslie

Hi All,

We have multiple tasks created for individual users on SFDC, where the user is not the account owner (they are the Credit controller). 

For Holiday cover and leavers, we need to re-assign all the open tasks to another user.

What's the best / good approach to achieving this?

I would like a Mass transfer style function or a select all check box list if either of these would work.

Appreciate all comments.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Hi All,

Are price books available only to the opportunity object or any custom object.

I have different prices for the same product across Europe and have price books set up.
I can't populate my custom object with the price book value although  I have the Product as a look up.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Leslie

Hi,

I have a simple issue that I need to ensure that my sales reps are planning their activities in advance.

I thought that by checking the ActivityDate > Created date of the event record would be ideal, but I can't seem to access the ActivityDate in the formula section?

Any ideas for a solution?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Hi,

I have a simple beginners issue that I hope someone can repsond to.
I want to update the event field "Location" with the customers name & BillingPostalCode when a new event record is created.

As you'll see, apex coding is not my strong point yet, but we all need to start somewhere.

It bombs with Variable does not exist:  a.Name

Code:
public class EventHandler {
// This method updates the Location field on a list
// of Events
public static void addEventHandler(Event[] evnt){
for(Event e: [select Name from Account a where Id IN: e.WhatId]) {
e.Location = a.Name;
}
}
}

All help gratefully recieved.

Leslie

Hi,

I am trying to create an event record from a custom object that hold our class registrations.

2 problems at present. 1st is how do I link this to a public calendar, I can so far only get it to go to my calendar (user creating the class record).

2nd when trying to create an event which spans more than 1 day, I hit a problem with the the recurrencedayofweekmask value, an ideas what this should be?

Here's my code

Code:
trigger ClassTrigger on Class__c (after insert) {
Map<String, Class__c> clasMap = new Map<String, Class__c>();
// after Classes are inserted
   List<Event> followupEvents = new List<Event>();// build list in memory
   for (Class__c clas : System.Trigger.new) {
    date t = clas.Start_Date__c;
          datetime xStartDate = DateTime.newInstance(t.year(),t.month(),t.day());
   Event event = new Event(
    ActivityDate = clas.Start_Date__c ,
    RecurrenceEndDateOnly = clas.End_Date__c ,
    RecurrenceStartDateTime = xStartDate,
    RecurrenceType = 'RecursEveryWeekday',
    RecurrenceDayofWeekMask = 1,
    IsRecurrence = TRUE,
    Description = 'Class Event.', 
    Event_Type__c = 'Customer Training',
    Call_Objective__c = 'training',
    Location = clas.Facility__c , 
    IsAllDayEvent = TRUE, 
    Event_Status__c = 'Not Started', 
    Subject = 'Class trigger Event');
  followupEvents.add(event);  // add to list
   }

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

Has anyone started using the offline tool version 106/105 with Vista yet?
Our systems keep popping up with a scripting or ActiveX message that requires "Allow Blocked Content" to be activated.

Which settings do I need to change to allow this to run automatically?
What does this do to the security risk?

Kind regards,

Leslie
Hi,

Starting to ask a few more questions of Salesforce now, and this had led us to deploy a training schedule / administration function for our customers.
We now want to give internal staff visibility of the class dates via a public calendar, but the class are already defined in a different custom object.
Is there a way of creating this event in the public calendar upon saving of the record in the custom object (Workflow?).
I have all the field information in the custom object and would need to map this to the public calendar?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Leslie
Hi,

To speed up our call planning, we want to add a button to the account view the provide the user with a single click to get to the New Event page (associated with the account) in the Calendar.

I think that by having a custom fomula field on the Account record I am partly their.

I have tried adding a HYPERLINK script (as below) but this doesn't seem to work correctly.

Any Ideas. 

Leslie
  • September 25, 2007
Hi,
We are utlisating the Off-line edition signifcantly within our organisation and are facing the problem that not all the historic records are synchronised with copying down from the on-line version.

I have found the standard information that says only :
"Events dated this month, the past two months, or up to 24 months in the future " are synchronised, but we would like to have the past 6 months worth of records.

Is there a way of changing the period for past synchronisations?

FYI - Each User has around 300 active acounts that they are responsible, but these may only be visited once per quarter.

Kind regards,

Leslie
Hi,

In our Sales org we have account reps with around 250 accounts each which are being synchronised ok.

We want to expand the synchronisation to 1 level higher in the territiory hierarchy i.e. Area Sales Managers.

As each area sales manager can have up to 9 Reps, this gives around 1750 accounts to synchronise (well within the 5,000 limit), but here's the problem:

How do I populate the Area Sales Managers synchronisation list automatically to reflect the customer accounts owned by the account reps?

It's not feasible to manually click "include offline" on every account, can I write a task to update the list every evening?

Many thanks
Leslie
Hey all,
The part of the project that I am working on has basically three levels of custom objects. The design looks something like this:

Top Level object
   |
 / | \
Middle Level Object
    |
  / | \
Lower Level Object

the lowest level has a number field (hours) that will be input from user. The field in middle level needs to be a sum of all hours in the lower level. Likewise, the Top level will need a sum of all the middle level hours.

I am looking at roll up summariesas a way to acomplish this, but i can not have the top level be the master detail for the middle and also have the middle be a master detail of lower level.

Is there some way to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance
Hi,

I have a simple issue that I need to ensure that my sales reps are planning their activities in advance.

I thought that by checking the ActivityDate > Created date of the event record would be ideal, but I can't seem to access the ActivityDate in the formula section?

Any ideas for a solution?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Hi,

I am trying to create an event record from a custom object that hold our class registrations.

2 problems at present. 1st is how do I link this to a public calendar, I can so far only get it to go to my calendar (user creating the class record).

2nd when trying to create an event which spans more than 1 day, I hit a problem with the the recurrencedayofweekmask value, an ideas what this should be?

Here's my code

Code:
trigger ClassTrigger on Class__c (after insert) {
Map<String, Class__c> clasMap = new Map<String, Class__c>();
// after Classes are inserted
   List<Event> followupEvents = new List<Event>();// build list in memory
   for (Class__c clas : System.Trigger.new) {
    date t = clas.Start_Date__c;
          datetime xStartDate = DateTime.newInstance(t.year(),t.month(),t.day());
   Event event = new Event(
    ActivityDate = clas.Start_Date__c ,
    RecurrenceEndDateOnly = clas.End_Date__c ,
    RecurrenceStartDateTime = xStartDate,
    RecurrenceType = 'RecursEveryWeekday',
    RecurrenceDayofWeekMask = 1,
    IsRecurrence = TRUE,
    Description = 'Class Event.', 
    Event_Type__c = 'Customer Training',
    Call_Objective__c = 'training',
    Location = clas.Facility__c , 
    IsAllDayEvent = TRUE, 
    Event_Status__c = 'Not Started', 
    Subject = 'Class trigger Event');
  followupEvents.add(event);  // add to list
   }

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

Hi,

To speed up our call planning, we want to add a button to the account view the provide the user with a single click to get to the New Event page (associated with the account) in the Calendar.

I think that by having a custom fomula field on the Account record I am partly their.

I have tried adding a HYPERLINK script (as below) but this doesn't seem to work correctly.

Any Ideas. 

Leslie
  • September 25, 2007
Hi,

In our Sales org we have account reps with around 250 accounts each which are being synchronised ok.

We want to expand the synchronisation to 1 level higher in the territiory hierarchy i.e. Area Sales Managers.

As each area sales manager can have up to 9 Reps, this gives around 1750 accounts to synchronise (well within the 5,000 limit), but here's the problem:

How do I populate the Area Sales Managers synchronisation list automatically to reflect the customer accounts owned by the account reps?

It's not feasible to manually click "include offline" on every account, can I write a task to update the list every evening?

Many thanks
Leslie