• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dear all

I have any question.
Does anyone know whether mobile SDK 2.0 can be used in IOS7 with Iphoe 5S (64bit?) ?

We planned the IOS native appli under above condition with using mobile SDK 7.0.

Best regards.
Hi All,

I am trying to find an interface to change the login screen size (UIWebView) of Salesforce loing screen on Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS, can find anything in headers I could play around with. 

Our app ask to login to Salesforce only when view with Chatter feed is loaded and we would like to sqeez the login screen into the same size frame as that particular view. When I was making it work on older version of Salesforce mobile SDK I was able to acomplish that, but can't really recal how I did it (also old SDK could have a bit different approach). Can any of you advice on this?

Thanks a lot,
Justas
Hi All,

I spent quite some time trying figure out this issue, so asking your help please.

I am currently implementing Chatter integration into one of our applications - just after login to Chatter it gets private group feed. We do require ask for login only when user open one of subviews, where data should be displayed (so we don't start login process in AppDelegate as template and examples suggest). Implementation works fine, but when we login for the first time, we get succesful confirmation on login, but begining of url to get the feed generated by SKD has null in the begining of url for the first time we try access it. No matter how many time we will try to call to get a feed, it will be the same invalid url. But If we close the app completely and open it up again, it becomes valid.

So when we try to get the date for the first time after login, we get this:

request:didFailLoadWithError: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1003 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." UserInfo=0x12774760 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://(null)/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/record/0F9D00000000MYi/feed-items/, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://(null)/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/record/0F9D00000000MYi/feed-items/, NSLocalizedDescription=A server with the specified hostname could not be found., NSUnderlyingError=0xdc44d50 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found."}

As you can see there is missing domain https://(null), but when we close the app, and open it up again, it becomes valid, and is valid every single time after that.

Here's the test call I am making to get the Chatter group feed:

- (void) fetchChatterFeed
{

self.requestChatterFeed= [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForResources];

self.requestChatterFeed.path = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@%@%@%@", self.requestChatterFeed.path, @"/chatter/feeds/record/", CHATTER_GROUP_ID,  @"/feed-items/"];

[[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:self.requestChatterFeed delegate:self];

}

Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks a lot for taking you time to read and understand the question,
Justas
Hi All,

After release of iOS 7.1 SDK it looks like that Xcode does not tolerate Salesforce Mobile SDK not supporting arm64 architecture. App can run well on non 64bits architectures, but once attempted to build for arm64 gives following errors:

Ignoring file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a, missing required architecture arm64 in file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a (3 slices)

This happens to follwoing libraries:
  1. libSalesforceOAuth
  2. libSalesforceNativeSDK
  3. libsqlcipher
  4. libSalesforceNetworkSDK
  5. libSalesforceSDKCore
  6. libcrypto
  7. openssl

There was a similar issue with Google Analytics library, so it just required an update to newer version (which supports arm64) and issue was gone. What about Salesforce Mobile SDK. Do we need to wait for the update or can we do something about ourselves?

Thanks a lot for your time people,

J

Hi All,

I am currently implementing iOS Chatter integration into iPad app. When Salesforce Mobile SDK was added (inlcuding MKNetworkKit-iOS) I got duplicate error on Reachability.o. I understand that we have Reachability added into MKNewtorkKit-iOS, but I also have to have access to it from insdie my project.

Currently I am accessing reachability by adding 
#import "Reachability.h"

If I get read of Reachibility class from my project, I need to gain access to MKNetworkKit-iOS copy of reachability class, but I can't import anything like "MKNetworkKit-iOS/Reachabilty.h" - tried quite a few combination hoping that Xcode autocomplete did not work properly for this library, but no luck.

Currently using Xcode 5.1 with iOS SDK 7.1 and latest Salesfroce Mobile SDK 2.1.1 (all changes pulled today).

Error I am seeing:

duplicate symbol _kReachabilityChangedNotification in:
    /FULL_PATH_TO_BUILD_LOCATION/Build/Intermediates/LDPConference.build/Debug-iphoneos/LDPConference.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Reachability.o
    /FULL_PATH_TO_PROJECT/SalesforceMobileSDK/MKNetworkKit-iOS/libMKNetworkKit-iOS.a(Reachability.o)
duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_Reachability in:
    /FULL_PATH_TO_BUILD_LOCATION/Build/Intermediates/LDPConference.build/Debug-iphoneos/LDPConference.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Reachability.o
    /FULL_PATH_TO_PROJECT/SalesforceMobileSDK/MKNetworkKit-iOS/libMKNetworkKit-iOS.a(Reachability.o)
duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_Reachability in:
ld: 3 duplicate symbols for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks a lot of your time looking into this,
J
Hi All,

I spent quite some time trying figure out this issue, so asking your help please.

I am currently implementing Chatter integration into one of our applications - just after login to Chatter it gets private group feed. We do require ask for login only when user open one of subviews, where data should be displayed (so we don't start login process in AppDelegate as template and examples suggest). Implementation works fine, but when we login for the first time, we get succesful confirmation on login, but begining of url to get the feed generated by SKD has null in the begining of url for the first time we try access it. No matter how many time we will try to call to get a feed, it will be the same invalid url. But If we close the app completely and open it up again, it becomes valid.

So when we try to get the date for the first time after login, we get this:

request:didFailLoadWithError: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1003 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." UserInfo=0x12774760 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://(null)/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/record/0F9D00000000MYi/feed-items/, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://(null)/services/data/v28.0/chatter/feeds/record/0F9D00000000MYi/feed-items/, NSLocalizedDescription=A server with the specified hostname could not be found., NSUnderlyingError=0xdc44d50 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found."}

As you can see there is missing domain https://(null), but when we close the app, and open it up again, it becomes valid, and is valid every single time after that.

Here's the test call I am making to get the Chatter group feed:

- (void) fetchChatterFeed
{

self.requestChatterFeed= [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForResources];

self.requestChatterFeed.path = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@%@%@%@", self.requestChatterFeed.path, @"/chatter/feeds/record/", CHATTER_GROUP_ID,  @"/feed-items/"];

[[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:self.requestChatterFeed delegate:self];

}

Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks a lot for taking you time to read and understand the question,
Justas
Hi All,

After release of iOS 7.1 SDK it looks like that Xcode does not tolerate Salesforce Mobile SDK not supporting arm64 architecture. App can run well on non 64bits architectures, but once attempted to build for arm64 gives following errors:

Ignoring file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a, missing required architecture arm64 in file /PathToProject/ThirdPartyCode/SalesforceNetworkSDK/libSalesforceNetworkSDK.a (3 slices)

This happens to follwoing libraries:
  1. libSalesforceOAuth
  2. libSalesforceNativeSDK
  3. libsqlcipher
  4. libSalesforceNetworkSDK
  5. libSalesforceSDKCore
  6. libcrypto
  7. openssl

There was a similar issue with Google Analytics library, so it just required an update to newer version (which supports arm64) and issue was gone. What about Salesforce Mobile SDK. Do we need to wait for the update or can we do something about ourselves?

Thanks a lot for your time people,

J

Dear all

I have any question.
Does anyone know whether mobile SDK 2.0 can be used in IOS7 with Iphoe 5S (64bit?) ?

We planned the IOS native appli under above condition with using mobile SDK 7.0.

Best regards.
Hi All,

I am currently implementing iOS Chatter integration into iPad app. When Salesforce Mobile SDK was added (inlcuding MKNetworkKit-iOS) I got duplicate error on Reachability.o. I understand that we have Reachability added into MKNewtorkKit-iOS, but I also have to have access to it from insdie my project.

Currently I am accessing reachability by adding 
#import "Reachability.h"

If I get read of Reachibility class from my project, I need to gain access to MKNetworkKit-iOS copy of reachability class, but I can't import anything like "MKNetworkKit-iOS/Reachabilty.h" - tried quite a few combination hoping that Xcode autocomplete did not work properly for this library, but no luck.

Currently using Xcode 5.1 with iOS SDK 7.1 and latest Salesfroce Mobile SDK 2.1.1 (all changes pulled today).

Error I am seeing:

duplicate symbol _kReachabilityChangedNotification in:
duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_Reachability in:
duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_Reachability in:
ld: 3 duplicate symbols for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks a lot of your time looking into this,
J
Hi,
I want to integrate salesforce into my native iPhone App and implement a feature such as share a article on salesforce by clicking on a button. i want to display the salesforce login screen if the user is not logged in and if the user is logged i want to share the article on salesforce(similar to sharing on twitter or facebook). All the samples that i've seen shows salesforce login screen as first screen of the App bu subclassing Appdelegate. i want the salesforce login to be displayed on clicking of the button. Please guide me on this or some tutorial as i am quite new to iOS development.
Iam having issues with pushing any changes to html code to simulator, it always shows the old code , even after clearing the simulator contents. So was wondering if there is a better way to push this. 

This is my steps- make changes to www folder in xcode, press ctrl-r to run the app in simulator.

any suggestions?
Sir  I wanted to learn from SampleApps that salesforce has provided in their SDK,but the one which are posted on GitHub are full of errors and people have done so much editing even in SalesforceSDK libraries.It would be nice if you kindly post thelink or provide the original SDK Sample Apps .so that I can learn from it.

Thankyou!!!

Hi, 

I am just getting started with salesforce.com development for a native iOS application and have downloaded the https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS which so far looks pretty neat. 

I'm now trying to perform a simple test of posting a chatter message to my timeline, but cannot work out the easiest and best way to perform this?

Any help and pointers would be much appreciated. 

Thanks Aaron

Can I use the icons ( for Account, Opportunity, Case etc.) that are on SalesForce.com web pages in my custom mobile apps? 

Dear all

I have any question.

Best regards.
We've developed an app to monitor water quality, which will be used by the general public.  We want the app to log in to an organizational Salesforce database and submit its data.  Is there a way that it can log in without user input?
Hi,
I want to integrate salesforce into my native iPhone App and implement a feature such as share a article on salesforce by clicking on a button. i want to display the salesforce login screen if the user is not logged in and if the user is logged i want to share the article on salesforce(similar to sharing on twitter or facebook). All the samples that i've seen shows salesforce login screen as first screen of the App bu subclassing Appdelegate. i want the salesforce login to be displayed on clicking of the button. Please guide me on this or some tutorial as i am quite new to iOS development.
Iam having issues with pushing any changes to html code to simulator, it always shows the old code , even after clearing the simulator contents. So was wondering if there is a better way to push this. 

This is my steps- make changes to www folder in xcode, press ctrl-r to run the app in simulator.

any suggestions?
Hi,
we are using both Salesforce Enterprise and the Enterprise One App licenses.
If I develop a hybrid mobile app using SDK 2.1, do my users need the mobile feature license, or is that only required for the Salesforce Classic app?
thanks.

Today we’re excited to announce the new Salesforce Developers Discussion Forums. We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can improve the forums.  With Chatter Answers, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we were able to implement an entirely new experience, integrated with the rest of the Salesforce Developers site.  By the way, it’s also mobile-friendly.

We’ve migrated all the existing data, including user accounts. You can use the same Salesforce account you’ve always used to login right away.  You’ll also have a great new user profile page that will highlight your community activity.  Kudos have been replaced by “liking” a post instead and you’ll now be able to filter solved vs unsolved posts.

This is, of course, only the beginning  and because it’s built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we’re going to be able to bring you more features faster than ever before.  Be sure to share any feedback, ideas, or questions you have on this forum post.

Hats off to our development team who has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring this new experience to our community. And thanks to each of you for helping to build one of the most vibrant and collaborative developer communities ever.

Hi, 

I am just getting started with salesforce.com development for a native iOS application and have downloaded the https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS which so far looks pretty neat. 

I'm now trying to perform a simple test of posting a chatter message to my timeline, but cannot work out the easiest and best way to perform this?

Any help and pointers would be much appreciated. 

Thanks Aaron

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to upload a file in Chatter by REST API using request body - Since we are not able to send @Mention text with request parameter, we are using request body instead of request parameter to send the file Attachment with feed text having @Mentions together.

Please reply it, if anybody has worked on similar problem earlier or has any clue for resolution.

• December 05, 2011

Hello,

I need your help to fix a problem that i have with my application using salesforce API,

I'm using PHP development invironment. 

I'm used to send XML request to create/update salesforce objects [leads, contacts or activity history].

And to send the XML request, i have to escape the XML special characters so i can send a valid XML request.

Special characters are like:

• '&' (ampersand) becomes '&'
  • '"' (double quote) becomes '"' when ENT_NOQUOTES is not set.
  • ''' (single quote) becomes ''' only when ENT_QUOTES is set.
  • '<' (less than) becomes '&lt;'
  • '>' (greater than) becomes '&gt;'

Note: if i didn't escape these special characters then the request will fail.

The problem is that these special characters aren't mapped back on the server to thier equivalent, i mean if want to set the description of a lead into:

this is a customer description for a lead with these special & " ' < > characters.

Then what i find on Salesforce is:

this is a customer description for a lead with these special &amp; &quot; &#039; &lt; &gt; characters.

Which doesn't make sense.

Please i need your help on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

eng.imad.atia@gmail.com 

Hi, I would really like to add a logo to my application so the user knows that we offer salesforce integration.  I was thinking of using salesforce.com's favicon.

I am not sure if this is legal though, has anyone else investigated this branding issue?  Is there a way to get permission or approval, or do I just have to make my own?