• Salesforce Developer
  • Accenture

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The reason why sObjects can’t be passed as arguments to future methods is because the sObject might change between the time you call the method and the time it executes.

For Queueable apex you cann pass Sobject as a parameter, what happends if the record change between the time you call and the time it executes?
When sending Apex callouts to SSL endpoints from Salesforce (acting as the client) will only trust the target host if this presents a certificate signed by a root Certification Authority.
Is this still aplicable if you setup mutual SSL between Saleforce and the host using Self signed certificate?
Hi,
Are the Single Sogn On setting and methods available trough from Apex controllers?
I would like to create custom VF login page exposing the different authentication options for the user in Customer Community.
How to solve the user provision, self registration and user activation parts within the mobile app when using the Salesforce Mobile SDK.
Does the SDK provide some OOTB functionality for this? I am looking for the best user experience where the user sign up and activate his user from within the mobile app.  
Any experience to share?
Thanks!
Is Salesforce Ideas Lightning ready?
Does someone know how define which delimiter the data loader should use when it is executed by command line? I am using version 38. The GUI has an option for defining allowed CSVs delimitters, but I cannot find that there is a parameter for this using the datalaoder trough command line.
The source files I am loading are delimited by tab and has values containing commas. This makes the dataloader fails since it interprets both as column separation.
Hi,
If I have created a mobile application that connects to authenticate towards Salesforce trough a connected app and I use a refresh token, what should I set as the callback url? 
If I have understood correctly this is where Salesforce will post the refresh token that client should persist.
How does this work for a mobile app that does not have a static url?
We want to set up mutual SSL between Salesforce and our Enterprise Service Bus. The internal security team required that we use a CA signed certificate to authenticate the client(Salesforce).
Third parties trusted CAs that I have contacted says that the signing request must come from the domain owner of where the certificate will reside. The domain owner is Salesforce.com
We have registered my domain in Salesforce: telianorge.my.salesforce.com
Can Salesforce request a certification signing request to a public CA on our behalf?

What is normal procedure for this?

Hi all,
Is it actually possible to get the a certificate for Salesforce signed by verified trusted CA like Symantec, GlobalSign, etc.? I know that Salesforce supports generating certificates both for self signed and CA signing, and that documentation explains how this works in theory. 
But when contacting speaking with CAs and reading their policies they state that in order to get the certificate signed the requestor must comply with validation procedures and checks to confirm the existence of the business, the ownership of the domain. 

The problem as I see it is that noone other than Salesforce is the domain owner even if you have registered my domain in Salesforce.
How can it then be possible for anyone, except Salesforcem to have it signed when the certificate will reside in the Salesforce.com domain?
Hi,
Salesforce documentation suggest that in order to prevent lockout of your org when using SSO "System Administrators should not be SSO-enabled as they will be locked out during outages"
How can I accomplish this? I don't find any such in the settings menu options or on the profile.
Is it possible to allow just selected user groups to use SSO?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/integration_and_single_sign-on.htm

Hi,
I am looking for what are best practice or common strategies used when you have a B2B communites where users can login with social sign in?
To which account should communites user that are provisioned in the apex registration handler be associated with? E.g if they are signing in with Google or Facebook, how would you associate them with the correct Account.

What are the best practices and common practices here?
Hi,
Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong. According to how I understand the SOSL documentation (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/soql_sosl/Content/sforce_api_calls_sosl_find.htm)I should be able to use the OR operater in SOSL executing from Apex like this: 
List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query('FIND \'*boks*\' OR \'*can*\' OR \'*box*\' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Account (Id, Name)');

However I get the exception: System.QueryException: unexpected token: OR
Hi,
Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong. According to how I understand the SOSL documentation I should be able to use the OR operater in SOSL executing from Apex like this:
List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query('FIND \'*boks*\' OR \'*can*\' OR \'*box*\' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Account (Id, Name)');

I cannot change the Authentication Service under My Domain Authentication Configuration after I did a refresh of my sandbox. After I did the sandbox refresh I configured the SSO settings and uploaded the IDP certificate provided from my IDP. I enabled SAML and try to get the authenticaton service to point to my SSO under the My DOmain - Authentication Configuration.
I am using SSO and am trying to have it so that if they go to my SFDC domain.

Expected Behavior:
When I go to https://my-domain.my.salesforce.com to be redirected to www.domain.com/sso to use my SSO credentials.

Actual Behavior:
When I go to https://my-domain.my.salesforce.com it stays on that page and I cannot use my SSO credentions. When I attempt to change the Authentication Service under Domain Management -> My Domain -> Authentication Configuration it always reverts back to Login Page

If I try to disable the SAML in the SInge Sign On Settings page is gives me the error message: Error: Your organization or community is currently using SAML as an authentication method, so you can’t disable it.
So my problem is that I can not disable SAML or I can active the use of SSO authenication. 

I am confident the SSO settings are correct as they are the same as before the Sandbox refreshed where it worked just fine.
The Authentication Service under Domain Management -> My Domain -> Authentication Configuration always reverts back to Login Page seems to be the key issue her.

Please help
Hi all,
Anybody who has sucsessfully managed to convert leads trough the API with customized conversion field mapping?

The documentation claims that lead conversion field mapping is also applied when doing the conversion in Apex code, but I can not get custom fields converted to the target account
Hi,
Are the Single Sogn On setting and methods available trough from Apex controllers?
I would like to create custom VF login page exposing the different authentication options for the user in Customer Community.
Is Salesforce Ideas Lightning ready?
Does someone know how define which delimiter the data loader should use when it is executed by command line? I am using version 38. The GUI has an option for defining allowed CSVs delimitters, but I cannot find that there is a parameter for this using the datalaoder trough command line.
The source files I am loading are delimited by tab and has values containing commas. This makes the dataloader fails since it interprets both as column separation.
We want to set up mutual SSL between Salesforce and our Enterprise Service Bus. The internal security team required that we use a CA signed certificate to authenticate the client(Salesforce).
Third parties trusted CAs that I have contacted says that the signing request must come from the domain owner of where the certificate will reside. The domain owner is Salesforce.com
We have registered my domain in Salesforce: telianorge.my.salesforce.com
Can Salesforce request a certification signing request to a public CA on our behalf?

What is normal procedure for this?

Hi,
Salesforce documentation suggest that in order to prevent lockout of your org when using SSO "System Administrators should not be SSO-enabled as they will be locked out during outages"
How can I accomplish this? I don't find any such in the settings menu options or on the profile.
Is it possible to allow just selected user groups to use SSO?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/integration_and_single_sign-on.htm

Hi,
I am looking for what are best practice or common strategies used when you have a B2B communites where users can login with social sign in?
To which account should communites user that are provisioned in the apex registration handler be associated with? E.g if they are signing in with Google or Facebook, how would you associate them with the correct Account.

What are the best practices and common practices here?
Hi,

I'm trying to determine if delegated authentication is supported for community users with a Customer Community Login license. It's clear that SAML-based SSO is supported, but not clear from any documentation I can find whether delegated authentication can be used.

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Hello,

I'm trying to set up mutual authentication with a third-party in order to automatically push some files. I want to create a new CA signed certificate but I don't know what URL I should use. Testing from our sandbox showed proxy-was2.salesforce.com in our vendor's internet traffic logs.  Also - will this need to be a basic SSL cert or wildcard?

Thank you.
Hi,
Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong. According to how I understand the SOSL documentation I should be able to use the OR operater in SOSL executing from Apex like this:

I cannot change the Authentication Service under My Domain Authentication Configuration after I did a refresh of my sandbox. After I did the sandbox refresh I configured the SSO settings and uploaded the IDP certificate provided from my IDP. I enabled SAML and try to get the authenticaton service to point to my SSO under the My DOmain - Authentication Configuration.
I am using SSO and am trying to have it so that if they go to my SFDC domain.

Expected Behavior:
When I go to https://my-domain.my.salesforce.com to be redirected to www.domain.com/sso to use my SSO credentials.

Actual Behavior:
When I go to https://my-domain.my.salesforce.com it stays on that page and I cannot use my SSO credentions. When I attempt to change the Authentication Service under Domain Management -> My Domain -> Authentication Configuration it always reverts back to Login Page

If I try to disable the SAML in the SInge Sign On Settings page is gives me the error message: Error: Your organization or community is currently using SAML as an authentication method, so you can’t disable it.
So my problem is that I can not disable SAML or I can active the use of SSO authenication. 

I am confident the SSO settings are correct as they are the same as before the Sandbox refreshed where it worked just fine.
The Authentication Service under Domain Management -> My Domain -> Authentication Configuration always reverts back to Login Page seems to be the key issue her.

Please help
Hi all,
Anybody who has sucsessfully managed to convert leads trough the API with customized conversion field mapping?

The documentation claims that lead conversion field mapping is also applied when doing the conversion in Apex code, but I can not get custom fields converted to the target account