• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All

I am working on the trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-heroku-connect/steps/qs-heroku-connect-3). But when I am executing git clone cmmand, git command is not recognizing. Please find screenshut here.

User-added image

Please help, how to resolve issues.

Thanks In Advance
Priya
The following mentioned in APEX Guide does not work!

You can instead resolve the variable field into a string and use the string in your dynamic SOQL query:

String resolvedField1 = myVariable.field1__c;
List<sObject> sobjList = Database.query('SELECT Id FROM MyCustomObject__c WHERE field1__c
= ' + resolvedField1);

I have used following code but encountered error "System.QueryException: expecting a colon, found 'Xmerged3'"
String name3 ='Xmerged3';
Account myA3 = Database.query('SELECT ID, NAME from account where name='+name3); 
//System.QueryException: expecting a colon, found 'Xmerged3'
System.debug('Account2'+myA3.name); 
Any pointer why its failing?
Can I create Custom Single Field for more than 1 lookup relationships similar to what fields of TASK/EVENT?
Hi
I have following scenario to be implemented. 

The screen will ask the user how many no of contact it wants to create for an account.
Based on the input number, Contact screen has to be interated in a loop. So the loop collection variable should have same no of element equal to the number entered by user in forst screen.Any pointer how can I achieve this?

Now I am not finding any way to set the collection variable the number element I want to create contacts.

Any help is welcomed.
Thanks
Priyadarshi
Product has a variable named "ExternalId' 
While setting its value in a new object it throws Invalid Variable error.
Refer attached screenshot (red underlined).
Any point why this error. 

screen 1
screen -2
Below are the steps followed. But could not get session id. Any help
Module - https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/apex_integration_services/units/apex_integration_webservices

Login - https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php
Select - Info/Session Information/Connection
no session id
what are seven core Salesforce apps?
Hi 

I wanted which objects stores data for Opportunity related list! Precisely followings.
  • Products
  • Open Activities
  • Activity History
  • Notes & Attachments - not customizable
  • Contact Roles - not customizable
  • Partners
  • Competitors  - not customizable
  • Stage History - not customizable
  • Approval History
  • Opportunity Team
  • Quotes

Thanks In Advance
Priyadarshi
Hi All

In some documentation, I found "Manage Currency" is available uder Company Profile. But I could not see this in my developer account. Any pointer on this?

Thanks
Priyadarshi
Hi All

I am planning to appear for Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I. Not really getting any sample questions or mock questions online.

Appreciate if anybody has any pointers to that!

Thanks In Advance
Priya
Hi 

Do we need any specific permission to allow user to invoke Visual Workflow?

Thanks
Priyadarshi
Hi
I find 2 diiferent kind of profile setup page from developer account. Why this? In one setup page, even I cannot find how to perform Field Level Setup?

Any pointer for above!

User-added image

User-added image

Thanks In Advance!
Priyadarshi
Hi
What is the maximum external id can object use? Some place I found it 3 & other places 7. 

Any pointer to correct value?

Thanks In Advance
Priya
Hi 

I created a development account and created custom configuration & coding for learning purpose; I want to clean account by removing all those configuration and coding; It shoulb as clean as I create a fresh account.

Is there any way I can clean my account.

Thanks In Advance
Priya
working out challenge for unit - Using the Report Builder
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_getting_started?state=id

challenge text
Create a report to show opportunities that are greater than the amount specified below. Name the report 'High Value Opportunities' and save it to the 'Unfiled Public Reports' folder.
  • The new report should be of type Opportunities.
  • The report format should be tabular.
  • The report should show all opportunities, of any status or probability, with any close date.
  • The report should include these columns: Opportunity Name, Type, Amount, Close Date, Stage, and Opportunity Owner.
  • The report should have filters for opportunities of an Amount greater than $25000 USD and opportunities where the Stage is not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost.
Used following report filter. 
 Filter Logic: 1 AND (2 and 3)
1. Amount greater than ""25,000""
2. Stage not equal to "Closed Won"
3. Stage not equal to "Closed Lost"

Getting following error

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost.

Please let know the correction required?

Thanks
Priyadarshi
Hi All

I navigated as below, but could not find "Edit Assignments" option.

1. In the Setup area, click Manage Users > Users.
2. Click Manager, Sales to go to this user's detail page.
3. click Permission Set Assignments link at top

Would you please provide pointer how can I assign permision set to user?

User-added image

Thanks
Priyadarshi
HI 

How to bundle all APEX code? Is there package kind of concept similar to Java? How to resolve APEX class with same name, if found by some different sources?

Thanks
Priyadarshi
HI 

Is there any documention link similar to Javadoc for all Apex class, interfces, exception list, methods etc which are provided out of box?
e.g. System, Database, Exception, EmailManager etc

Thanks
Priyadarshi
While trying below FORMULA TRAILHEAD (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/point_click_business_logic/formula_fields), getting error while saving FORMULA. Any help

Formula Object - CASE
FORMULA Return- number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today
Formula Code- 
Account.LastModifiedDate  -    TODAY()
Error -  Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '-'. Expected Number, DateTime, received Date

If I change TODAY() to NOW() the compilation error gets resolved but challenge evaluation fails with following errors

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

Thanks
Priya
Hi 

standard list controller populate object list contains objects created recently. What setting is required to list all objects?

e.g following code only shows recently created objects.

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
<apex:pageBlock title="Contacts List">
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! accounts }" var="a">
                <apex:column value="{! a.Name }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! a.Phone }"/>
              </apex:pageBlockTable>
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Thanks 
Priya

Hi all,
I am new to the trigger,Please help me for the error
I have searched all the forums but i couldnt find the answer
trigger OP on Opportunity (after insert)
{
    List<Account> acc=new List<Account>();
    for(Opportunity anu:Trigger.new)

{
        if(anu.OrderNumber__c==111)
        {
            Account at=new Account();
            at.Ownership='Public';
            acc.add(at);
        }
    }
    insert acc;
}

Product has a variable named "ExternalId' 
While setting its value in a new object it throws Invalid Variable error.
Refer attached screenshot (red underlined).
Any point why this error. 

screen 1
screen -2
Hi
I find 2 diiferent kind of profile setup page from developer account. Why this? In one setup page, even I cannot find how to perform Field Level Setup?

Any pointer for above!

User-added image

User-added image

Thanks In Advance!
Priyadarshi
Hi
What is the maximum external id can object use? Some place I found it 3 & other places 7. 

Any pointer to correct value?

Thanks In Advance
Priya
While trying below FORMULA TRAILHEAD (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/point_click_business_logic/formula_fields), getting error while saving FORMULA. Any help

Formula Object - CASE
FORMULA Return- number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today
Formula Code- 
Account.LastModifiedDate  -    TODAY()
Error -  Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '-'. Expected Number, DateTime, received Date

If I change TODAY() to NOW() the compilation error gets resolved but challenge evaluation fails with following errors

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

Thanks
Priya
Hi 

standard list controller populate object list contains objects created recently. What setting is required to list all objects?

e.g following code only shows recently created objects.

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
<apex:pageBlock title="Contacts List">
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! accounts }" var="a">
                <apex:column value="{! a.Name }"/>
                <apex:column value="{! a.Phone }"/>
              </apex:pageBlockTable>
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Thanks 
Priya
Hi

I am not finding Feed-Based Layout Option while creating page layout for custom objects. The same is available for standard object like Account. Is it expected behavior?

Thanks
Priyadarshi
Can you please elaborate which (+) sign below point 1 (red color) reffered here. 
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/customizing_user_interface/ui_nav_buttons_links

User-added image
Getting Login Error in DATA LOADER
Below is the screeshot. Any pointer to the resolution?

DataLoader Login Error