• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 

I have been requested to attend a meeting tomorrow here is the brief beklow, what jumps out as to discovery questions to ask etc... any help welcome im not experienced with external objects or person accounts or complex integrations

"We were able to create OData server and create external objects in Salesforce. Reading, saving and creating new objects works.

Here are some questions and topics for the meeting.

What are the possibilities to link external objects and Salesforce internal objects? We know that it is possible to create relation between objects.
For example at the moment we have Client external object which have some relations to internal objects. Is it possible to “merge” somehow the Client object and internal “Person Accounts”. We would like to see our clients as Person Accounts in salesforce where data is saved externally. The “merge” should be done somehow at the attribute level not between objects.

If that kind of merge is not possible then we need to create client object, page layout etc. from scratch. Is that correct? Do we lose some of the SF functionalities when we are not using Person Accounts?

Our idea is to store client data externally (we can and want to store non sensitive data into SF if possible) and at the same time use all SF functionalities like Cases, Files, Notes, etc.
We were able to create OData server and create external objects in Salesforce. Reading, saving and creating new objects works.

Here are some questions and topics for the meeting.

What are the possibilities to link external objects and Salesforce internal objects? We know that it is possible to create relation between objects.

For example at the moment we have Client external object which have some relations to internal objects. Is it possible to “merge” somehow the Client object and internal “Person Accounts”. We would like to see our clients as Person Accounts in salesforce where data is saved externally. The “merge” should be done somehow at the attribute level not between objects.

If that kind of merge is not possible then we need to create client object, page layout etc. from scratch. Is that correct? Do we lose some of the SF functionalities when we are not using Person Accounts?

Our idea is to store client data externally (we can and want to store non sensitive data into SF if possible) and at the same time use all SF functionalities like Cases, Files, Notes, etc."

Hi, we have a number of tasks that are automatically added to opportunities using Process Builder and Flow to pass different assigned too and due dates etc.  What I need to do is if an opportunity is marked as Stage = "Archived" i need a flow to check if there are any open tasks on the opportunity and then delete them,

We need to delete rather than close as these tasks are asociated to steps in the closing process and if the opportunity is archived the closing process stops so I dont want these tasks to show up for my users.

How do i use a flow to check and list all tasks that are open and then conduct a delete action?

I have created a visualforce page but when you click on the page section it is defaulted to edit mode, i want it to behave similar to classis in the way that its in read mode until you click an edit button.... here is the starting code of my page

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" lightningStylesheets="true">
 <apex:messages />

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="" mode="edit">

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
When I add a date field to a visualforce page and its an input field the calendar automatically opens even if a date is already populated, and this means users have to click out of the date field to see the other fields for data entry.  I tested if the first input field in the section is not a date field and this works, but many of our sections start with date fields... 

User-added image

Hi,

I am using visualforce to make opportunity page sections tabular in lightning, I have a field that in in a 1 column page section in classic but when I add to the visualforce page as a 1 cloumn section with this 1 field only the placement is not left allinged.

Here is the code for the page block, what do i need to add to allign it to the left?

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Scheme Outline" columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.Summary_Scheme_Calc_SF__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection>

I want it to be all the way to the left.
User-added image
Hi, I use process builder lots but never used flow.  I understabndn something i am trying to acheive could be done with a combination of Process Builder and Flow.

My requirement is that when an flag is created against an opportunity a flag record being a custom object that has the following relationship Master-Detail(Opportunity), I am using process builder to create a task for someone to clear the flag but this is related to the opportunity not the flag itself, the flag represents something that has to be done in another system NOT salesforce, so once they have cleared the flag in the other system they need to mark the task as complete. Flags are automatically created using dataloader as an upsert action, flags are open or satisfied so this means that everyday every flag is classed as modified by dataloader user.

We need it to work in the way that if they mark the task complete but it actually hasnt been cleared in the system that a new task is created, now I have this part working with process builder alone because the fact dataloader modifies the flag triggers the creation of a new task,

MY ISSUE
is that it always creates a new task daily so if the flag is not satified for 10 days we have 10 tasks, how can i encorporate FLOW to check the opportunity that the flag is related to for an existing open task?  the open task subject is always the flag name so I can use this as criteria.  Then if the task already exists i dont want the flow to create a new one.

Some detailed help would be gratefully appreciated thanks
Hi,

Does anyone have any code I can use as a baseline for a 3 column visualforce page that leaves equal spacing between columns

I need a Header per section and a header per coumn then rows of output fields per coloumn like the below;

Section Header
Column Header 1                Column Header 2             Column Header 3
Field 1                                   Field 1                               Field 1
Field 2                                   Field 2                               Field 2
Field 3                                   Field 3                               Field 3
Field 4                                   Field 4                               Field 4

​Thanks
There is an idea that is marked as delivered through lightning.... https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Ycj6AAC

But I am struggling to see how I can add more than 2 columns to a page layout, i know you can add components to lightning pages and this gives good flexability but the Record Detail component takes from the pagelayout you have created which I cannot see allows more than 2 columns...

please can someone tell me how to add more that 2 columns to pagelayout using lightning?

I have created a on click java button that will replace the standard 'Edit' button.  This is due to integration locking users out of records when conducting updates from another system.  The purpose of the button is to tick a custom field that the integration has a set condition to ignore row if custom field = true.  Then I have a timebased workflow remove the tick in 1 hour incase the user forgets.  This allows my users to modify records and not get errors or lose work if they save during or after integration runs for the same record.

Here is my challenge, i need to if possible direct the users to have to use the custom button.  I can remove the standard edit button from detail page and replace with my custom one which is fine, I can turn off inline editing so thats fine.

What I cant do is..... remove the 'Edit' link in list views.  anyone have a workaround or suggestion?
Hello, I am trying to access the developer workbench and I keep getting:

https://workbench.developerforce.com/

This page can’t be displayed
Make sure the web address https://workbench.developerforce.com is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.
Hi,

I need to have process builder create an automatic event from a date field called report received, my problem is the event needs to be 5 days long and start 10 days after the date field which seems to require date/time field to trigger the formula calucaltion but mine is just a date.

Example

Report received '01/07/2017' needs to trigger an event that starts 10 days from the 01/07/2107 and ends 5 days after the start date.

So i need to create an event that starts on the 11/07/2017 and ends on 16/07/2017

help

Hi, I have a daily scheduled job to add opportunities and update opportunities in salesforce from dataloader.  I also have a high number of processes and workflows that are triggred when opportuntiies are created or updated that may either update the opportunity record itself of create and update child records of the opportunity.

Just recently we are experiencing the following;
  1. issue 1 - it takes over 5 minutes to run the job for only 500 records.....why so long?
  2. issue 2 - we have recently started to get roughly 120-150 errors in the 500 upserts - ERROR: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record.
Is there any considerations for multiple processes, if the upsert job only has 1 row per opportunity what is accessing the record at the same time to lock dataloader out?  Also is this just a dataloader issue as we are thinking of building a custom SQL connection instead of dataloader (so my IT guy says) would we still have the same issue?

HELP?

HELP!
We need filemaker to update salesforce on a realtime basis when changes happen to approx 75 fields. We have currently set this up with dataloader on a 15 min schedule.  Firstly we need realtime and 2ndly we have issues currently that mean if a user is sitting in a record whilst dataloader updates it when he user clicks save they loose all their edits and are asked to "re display the record before editing again"

As you can imaging the users are not happy that they keep losing their changes so I am being asked if there is anyway a user can lock a record for editing so the dataloader cannot update it at that time and trys again with the next schdule run?
Hello I am a salesforce administrator and we need salesforce to send realtime updates to update another system called FileMaker Pro.  The filemaker developer is asking the following;

"Filemaker 16 has been released now and comes with a super simple restful API where Salesforce can literally send a https request XML file and update or create records instantly in the Filemaker. The question is how to create XML files and send https requests via Salesforce – do you know, I can define the format for you? I ideally want it to run the request on save for example so any fields which filemaker needs it gets instantly.

Hi, I have a number of checkbox fields that need to be completed and if they are missing i have created a text formula field to display missing data, however I have 1 field that is a date field and if this is blank needs to return that taht date field is missing;

Here is my formula without the date field and works perfectly

Data TypeFormula  
IF( Completeness_AML_Searches__c =100,"All Details Captured", 
"" 

&IF (Graydon_company_search_completed__c = False, "Graydon company search, ","")&"" 
&IF (World_Check_completed__c = False, "World check , ","")&"" 
&IF (Companies_House_checked__c = False, "Companies house , ","")&"" 
&IF (CreditSafe_checked__c = False, "Creditsafe , ","")&"" 
&IF (Land_registry_search_completed__c = False, "Land registry search, ","")&"" 
&IF (Net_worth_validated__c = False, "Net worth validated, ","")&"" 
&IF (Google_search_conducted__c = False, "Google search, ","")&"" 
&IF (Law_society_confirmed__c = False, "Law society confirmed, ",""))

However when I add the date field the syntax errors.. can someone help or suggest how i add an addtional line to check the date field...i cannot add as below;

&IF (Call_Credit_checked__c= False, "Call credit, ","")&"" 

IF(  Completeness_AML_Searches__c  =100,"All Details Captured", 
"" 

&IF (Graydon_company_search_completed__c = False, "Graydon company search, ","")&"" 
&IF (World_Check_completed__c = False, "World check , ","")&"" 
&IF (Companies_House_checked__c = False, "Companies house , ","")&"" 
&IF (CreditSafe_checked__c = False, "Creditsafe , ","")&"" 
&IF (Land_registry_search_completed__c = False, "Land registry search, ","")&"" 
&IF (Call_Credit_checked__c  = False, "call credit, ","")&"" 
&IF (Net_worth_validated__c = False, "Net worth validated, ","")&"" 
&IF (Google_search_conducted__c = False, "Google search, ","")&"" 
&IF (Law_society_confirmed__c = False, "Law society confirmed, ",""))

I get this error - Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '='. Expected Date, received Boolean
Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
Hi, we have a number of tasks that are automatically added to opportunities using Process Builder and Flow to pass different assigned too and due dates etc.  What I need to do is if an opportunity is marked as Stage = "Archived" i need a flow to check if there are any open tasks on the opportunity and then delete them,

We need to delete rather than close as these tasks are asociated to steps in the closing process and if the opportunity is archived the closing process stops so I dont want these tasks to show up for my users.

How do i use a flow to check and list all tasks that are open and then conduct a delete action?

I have created a visualforce page but when you click on the page section it is defaulted to edit mode, i want it to behave similar to classis in the way that its in read mode until you click an edit button.... here is the starting code of my page

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" lightningStylesheets="true">
 <apex:messages />

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="" mode="edit">

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
When I add a date field to a visualforce page and its an input field the calendar automatically opens even if a date is already populated, and this means users have to click out of the date field to see the other fields for data entry.  I tested if the first input field in the section is not a date field and this works, but many of our sections start with date fields... 

User-added image

Hi,

I am using visualforce to make opportunity page sections tabular in lightning, I have a field that in in a 1 column page section in classic but when I add to the visualforce page as a 1 cloumn section with this 1 field only the placement is not left allinged.

Here is the code for the page block, what do i need to add to allign it to the left?

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Scheme Outline" columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.Summary_Scheme_Calc_SF__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection>

I want it to be all the way to the left.
User-added image
There is an idea that is marked as delivered through lightning.... https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Ycj6AAC

But I am struggling to see how I can add more than 2 columns to a page layout, i know you can add components to lightning pages and this gives good flexability but the Record Detail component takes from the pagelayout you have created which I cannot see allows more than 2 columns...

please can someone tell me how to add more that 2 columns to pagelayout using lightning?

Hello, I am trying to access the developer workbench and I keep getting:

https://workbench.developerforce.com/

This page can’t be displayed
Make sure the web address https://workbench.developerforce.com is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.
We need filemaker to update salesforce on a realtime basis when changes happen to approx 75 fields. We have currently set this up with dataloader on a 15 min schedule.  Firstly we need realtime and 2ndly we have issues currently that mean if a user is sitting in a record whilst dataloader updates it when he user clicks save they loose all their edits and are asked to "re display the record before editing again"

As you can imaging the users are not happy that they keep losing their changes so I am being asked if there is anyway a user can lock a record for editing so the dataloader cannot update it at that time and trys again with the next schdule run?

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to add my custom Expiration Date with 90 days from submission Date field. but when I have created a workflow with the following field action it is updating the value of the expiration date with 90 days but an hour less.

Workflow Field Update Action : Submission_Date__c + 90

suppose my submission date is 10/10/2013 2:30AM'

then the expiration Date is getting updated as 01/08/2014 1:30AM whereas ideally it should get updated as 01/08/2014 2:30AM.

Please let me know any pointers in that.

Thanks,

Karthik

This may seem a simple question but I would like to make a custom page layout on a custom object that has more than two columns and would like to have the fields show up in edit and view mode.

I assume this is done with visual force pages but are there any examples I can use to get me started?

• October 06, 2011