Questions
    Replies
Does any one know what this means?

Message Edited by Maxxum on 08-22-2005 08:21 AM

• August 22, 2005
Error: responseDOM has no properties
Source File: https://www.sforce.com/ajax/beta1/soapobjects.js
Line: 692

Here is my code snippet that tried to retrieve a record from custom app, changes some fields and then updates it back. Error is thrown when update is called.

//Save decision in the table and load credit application page...
alert('');

var qr = sforceClient.Query("Select Address_1__c, Address_2__c, Address_3__c, Amount_Requested__c, Application_Refe
rence__c, Approved_Credit_Line_Amount__c, Business_Registration_Num__c, Business_Started__c, City__c, Country__c, CreatedById, CreatedDate, Credit_Line_Amo
unt__c, Credit_Line_Approval_Date__c, Credit_Line_Approved_On__c, Credit_Line_Currency__c, Credit_Line_Effective_Date__c, Credit_Request_Type__c, Date_Scor
ed__c, Decision__c, Decision_Comments__c, Decision_Contact_Name__c, Decision_Contact_Phone__c, Decision_External_Transaction_Number__c, DecisionState__c, D
ecisionStatus__c, Doing_Business_As__c, Duns__c, Email__c, Experian_File__c, Fax__c, Federal_Tax_Id__c, Id, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, LegalName__
c, Name, OwnerId, Phone__c, Product_Name__c, Reason_1__c, Reason_2__c, Reason_3__c, Reason_4__c, Reason_5__c, Score__c, Score_card__c, State__c, SystemMods
tamp, Term__c, Ticker__c, Zip_Postal_Code__c from CreditApplication__c where id = ''");
if (qr.size != 1)
{
document.getElementById("error_div").innerHTML = "Error occured while retrieving credit application details. Credit application decision may not be available. Please try again later.";
}
else
{
qr.records[0].set("Date_Scored__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Decision__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Decision_Comments__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("DecisionState__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("DecisionStatus__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_1__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_2__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_3__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_4__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_5__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Score__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Score_card__c", "");

var saveResult = sforceClient.update(qr.records);
window.location = "https://na1.salesforce.com/";
}

ANY IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENIG?
  • August 15, 2005
Hi all,

I have been playing around with the AJX toolkit for few days now and have been very pleased with it. I think it is a great toolkit.

Today I am facing a strange problem in the code that was working fine thus far.
I have a non-mandatory date field in my custom object. In my code I an querying data from this custom object and the date field is retrieved as part of the query. Today all of a sudden I am getting an exception:
"Invalid Type: You passed a null but the field requires a date".

Now when I remove this field from the query, everything works fine.
Also note that the query (with the date field) was working fine so far.

Is anything changing?

Regards,
-Rajan
  • August 11, 2005
We are trying to build a multiforce application that provides front-end in salesforce and finally integrates with our existing application for back-end work. Our application accepts XML requests over HTTP (not SOAP though). We are not webservice-enabled.

What are my options to implement this functionality.
I can create the XML using javascript but (I think) cannot send that XML to my application using XMLHttpRequest because of the cross-domain browser security. Our application requires XML to be part of the post request with mime type set to text/xml.

Is this even possible in Sales force?
One option is to submit the request to a proxy JSP that may internally integrate with our application.
But is it possible to submit the request to a S-Control that contains an applet and have applet submit the request? If so how can I do that?

Please help.
Regards.
  • August 09, 2005
Hi all,
I am trying to integrate custom app to our legacy product running on different server.
The legacy application has an XML interface but NOT SOAP interface. A simple XML can be submitted to the application using HTTP. This interface is not SOAP enabled.

Does anyone know how can I submit an XML from SForce? Can I use XMLHttpRequest to do so?
Can I submit a request to the URL that is on separate domain?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
  • August 09, 2005
One of the S-Controls that I am developing has reached the maximum length limit for the HTML that can be coded as part of S-Control (I get bad data error upon save).

How do you handle large HTMLs as part of an S-Control?
Thanks in advance for your help.
  • August 04, 2005
I want to create a custom tab, say "Admin", that allows me to show all custom objects that require some administration. For example, in my application, in our application we want to create banks and sources. I don't want to create separate tab for banks and sources but have them on an admin page. Is it possible?

Cheers,
  • August 02, 2005
Hi folks,

I have been trying to get some help to get me started, but haven't got any.
I have been going through the site to get answers to my questions, but more I browse through, more confused I get. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to build an application to integrate Salesforce with our legacy application.
I want the user to be able to select an account and submit a process request to our application (using XML).

So I have created appropriate custom objects and custom references. I have also customized the page layout for my custom object. The lookup for Account works fine in my UI. Now I want to extend this form that I developed using CustomForce.

Upon lookup of the account, I want to pre-populate few fields (like Ticker, Address fields) on my custom object form. How do I do that? Can I add javascript event (on change?) to the Account Name field? On change, can I get access to the selected account object?

I want to get rid of default buttons like Save, Save and New and add my own button "Process". Can I do that?

Once the request is sent to my application, response is sent back. I want to parse this response and save data to the tables. How can I access my custom object in javascript and save it?

Is custom force the right approach for this application?

Cheers,
-RD
I have created a Custom Object, say "MyAccount" which is related to the standard Account object. This custom object contains a field called "Ticker" which is same as the Ticker Symbol in the standard Account object. I have created a lookup relationship with the parent Account object. On the MyAccount page, I have a lookup field for parent Account.

What I want to do is: when the user selects an Account from the lookup dialog, populate the Ticker field in the Custom Object (MyAccount) automatically.

Questions: Is it a good idea to duplicate same information? If yes, how can I populate common information as aoon as the user selects an Account in the loopup dialog?

If NOT, can I create a page that has combination of fields from the master and custom objects?

Also,
I want add javascript validations - how do I do that? Do have to use s-control for the same?

How do I remove Save et al. buttons that are added by default? How do I add my own button, say "Process" to the custom form?

Too many questions? But I am a newbie in this area and need your support.

Regards,
-RD
We want to build a Multiforce application that connects the multiforce application to our existing application. I am assigned to the project and have no clue where should I begin. I hope somebody from this wonderful community will be able to guide me here. Here is what we are planning to do:
1. Create a simple application in sforce. One or two tabs that would allow the user to enter required data.
2. Upon submit, send the request to another application using XML over HTTP.

Other questions are:
1. I want to use the existing Account object and create a custom object that is linked to this account object. On the form I have a lookup for the account. I want to populate other related fields using selected Account. How can I do it?

2. Can I add validations to the forms created in Customforce?

Cheers,
-Rajan
Does any one know what this means?

Message Edited by Maxxum on 08-22-2005 08:21 AM

• August 22, 2005
Error: responseDOM has no properties
Source File: https://www.sforce.com/ajax/beta1/soapobjects.js
Line: 692

Here is my code snippet that tried to retrieve a record from custom app, changes some fields and then updates it back. Error is thrown when update is called.

//Save decision in the table and load credit application page...
alert('');

var qr = sforceClient.Query("Select Address_1__c, Address_2__c, Address_3__c, Amount_Requested__c, Application_Refe
rence__c, Approved_Credit_Line_Amount__c, Business_Registration_Num__c, Business_Started__c, City__c, Country__c, CreatedById, CreatedDate, Credit_Line_Amo
unt__c, Credit_Line_Approval_Date__c, Credit_Line_Approved_On__c, Credit_Line_Currency__c, Credit_Line_Effective_Date__c, Credit_Request_Type__c, Date_Scor
ed__c, Decision__c, Decision_Comments__c, Decision_Contact_Name__c, Decision_Contact_Phone__c, Decision_External_Transaction_Number__c, DecisionState__c, D
ecisionStatus__c, Doing_Business_As__c, Duns__c, Email__c, Experian_File__c, Fax__c, Federal_Tax_Id__c, Id, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, LegalName__
c, Name, OwnerId, Phone__c, Product_Name__c, Reason_1__c, Reason_2__c, Reason_3__c, Reason_4__c, Reason_5__c, Score__c, Score_card__c, State__c, SystemMods
tamp, Term__c, Ticker__c, Zip_Postal_Code__c from CreditApplication__c where id = ''");
if (qr.size != 1)
{
document.getElementById("error_div").innerHTML = "Error occured while retrieving credit application details. Credit application decision may not be available. Please try again later.";
}
else
{
qr.records[0].set("Date_Scored__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Decision__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Decision_Comments__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("DecisionState__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("DecisionStatus__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_1__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_2__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_3__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_4__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Reason_5__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Score__c", "");
qr.records[0].set("Score_card__c", "");

var saveResult = sforceClient.update(qr.records);
window.location = "https://na1.salesforce.com/";
}

ANY IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENIG?
  • August 15, 2005
Hi all,

I have been playing around with the AJX toolkit for few days now and have been very pleased with it. I think it is a great toolkit.

Today I am facing a strange problem in the code that was working fine thus far.
I have a non-mandatory date field in my custom object. In my code I an querying data from this custom object and the date field is retrieved as part of the query. Today all of a sudden I am getting an exception:
"Invalid Type: You passed a null but the field requires a date".

Now when I remove this field from the query, everything works fine.
Also note that the query (with the date field) was working fine so far.

Is anything changing?

Regards,
-Rajan
  • August 11, 2005
Hi all,
I am trying to integrate custom app to our legacy product running on different server.
The legacy application has an XML interface but NOT SOAP interface. A simple XML can be submitted to the application using HTTP. This interface is not SOAP enabled.

Does anyone know how can I submit an XML from SForce? Can I use XMLHttpRequest to do so?
Can I submit a request to the URL that is on separate domain?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
  • August 09, 2005
One of the S-Controls that I am developing has reached the maximum length limit for the HTML that can be coded as part of S-Control (I get bad data error upon save).

How do you handle large HTMLs as part of an S-Control?
  • August 04, 2005

If you ever had any question regarding how to build S-Controls check out this blog post

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/07/ajax_toolkit.html

Message Edited by DevAngel on 07-30-2005 09:42 AM

Hi folks,

I have been trying to get some help to get me started, but haven't got any.
I have been going through the site to get answers to my questions, but more I browse through, more confused I get. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to build an application to integrate Salesforce with our legacy application.
I want the user to be able to select an account and submit a process request to our application (using XML).

So I have created appropriate custom objects and custom references. I have also customized the page layout for my custom object. The lookup for Account works fine in my UI. Now I want to extend this form that I developed using CustomForce.

Upon lookup of the account, I want to pre-populate few fields (like Ticker, Address fields) on my custom object form. How do I do that? Can I add javascript event (on change?) to the Account Name field? On change, can I get access to the selected account object?

I want to get rid of default buttons like Save, Save and New and add my own button "Process". Can I do that?

Once the request is sent to my application, response is sent back. I want to parse this response and save data to the tables. How can I access my custom object in javascript and save it?

Is custom force the right approach for this application?

Cheers,
-RD
I have created a Custom Object, say "MyAccount" which is related to the standard Account object. This custom object contains a field called "Ticker" which is same as the Ticker Symbol in the standard Account object. I have created a lookup relationship with the parent Account object. On the MyAccount page, I have a lookup field for parent Account.

What I want to do is: when the user selects an Account from the lookup dialog, populate the Ticker field in the Custom Object (MyAccount) automatically.

Questions: Is it a good idea to duplicate same information? If yes, how can I populate common information as aoon as the user selects an Account in the loopup dialog?

If NOT, can I create a page that has combination of fields from the master and custom objects?

Also,
I want add javascript validations - how do I do that? Do have to use s-control for the same?

How do I remove Save et al. buttons that are added by default? How do I add my own button, say "Process" to the custom form?

Too many questions? But I am a newbie in this area and need your support.

Regards,
-RD
We want to build a Multiforce application that connects the multiforce application to our existing application. I am assigned to the project and have no clue where should I begin. I hope somebody from this wonderful community will be able to guide me here. Here is what we are planning to do:
1. Create a simple application in sforce. One or two tabs that would allow the user to enter required data.
2. Upon submit, send the request to another application using XML over HTTP.

Other questions are:
1. I want to use the existing Account object and create a custom object that is linked to this account object. On the form I have a lookup for the account. I want to populate other related fields using selected Account. How can I do it?

2. Can I add validations to the forms created in Customforce?

Cheers,
-Rajan