• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anyone have any idea or insight as to why certain reports that we have packaged in our managed package would not updated properly when we deploy the latest version of the package?  I can see the updated fields and data in my dev org for the package but when I build and upload/install the package into a customer org, the report still shows the older version.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Please send your resume along with any certifications.  This opportunity is for those who are within close proximity to the Lehigh Valley area in Pennsylvania.

Email to: path2saas@gmail.com

Thank you. 

We recently noticed a new checkbox when packaging our native managed package which shows an option to select if multi currency is required in the installing org.  Unfortunately, this checkbox is already checked and grayed out so I am not able to uncheck it.  The issue is that we have customers that do not have multi currency enabled but we also have customers that do.  This was never a problem in the past but ever since 4/24/2009, this new checkbox does not allow customers with multi currency disabled to install new releases of our package.

Please help...

Thanks

We are a growing ISV partner of salesforce.com and are looking for a strong salesforce admin (preferably certified) with basic platform coding knowledge to join our implementation/professional services team. 

This is a full time position and will be located in our Lehigh Valley, PA. offices.

Please respond with resume and prior work experience related to force.com

U.S. citizenship is required.  Private message me if you qualify for contact details...

Thanks

Message Edited by PBS_IC786 on 02-13-2009 02:52 PM

I read an earlier thread about how multi currency checking capability would be accomodated in future releases but I am not sure it is possible yet.  Here is my scenario...

I have a managed package which I have deployed to orgs that are using multi currency as well those that are not.  My issue is that I cannot find a way to check if multi currency is turned on within the organization that my managed package is installed in so that I can execute trigger logic to update certain custom objects based on the setting for currency at the Account object for multi currency specific orgs.  

I have been going in circles trying to solve this an it seems there are no clear answers.  My managed package has S-controls so I cannot toggle restrictions at the package level.  Describe does not seem to work when I try to look at the Account object to see if the CurrencyIsoCode field is available.  Someone please provide some insight/solution into this issue...

Thanks

My flex project used to run fine in Eclipse and now all of a sudden I get this error every time I try to run as a flex application within eclipse...Has something changed?

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
  errorID = 0
  faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
  faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0"
  faultString = "HTTP request error"
  message = "faultCode:Server.Error.Request faultString:'HTTP request error' faultDetail:'Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0'"
  name = "Error"
  rootCause = (flash.events::IOErrorEvent)#1
    bubbles = false
    cancelable = false
    currentTarget = (flash.net::URLLoader)#2
      bytesLoaded = 0
      bytesTotal = 0
      data = (null)
      dataFormat = "text"
    eventPhase = 2
    target = (flash.net::URLLoader)#2
    text = "Error #2032"
    type = "ioError"
Anyone know why I have suddenly lost the ability to include a VF page in one of my sections on a custom object page layout?  It used to be there as recently as a few weeks ago and now I only see Scontrols, related lists, custom links, and fields for my object, no more "Pages".

Please advise...

Thanks
Folks,

Anyone know why I would be getting an Invalid Session error when I try to call a javascript function from an onclick event in the my Visualforce page.  The javascript function has a data call using the sforce.connection.query syntax.  Everytime I test fire my onclick event, I get a popup error on my VF page stating that the Invalid session...Illegal session and some other text....

Thanks
Folks,

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot when I get an error that states:

Visualforce Error
An internal server error has occurred

This just started happening randomly after I commented out 2 lines that do nothing important within my custom controller...

Also, another thing I did was launch the system log so I could debug but I don't know if that is related to this server error problem...

Please advise...Thanks
We are a growing partner of salesforce.com and are in search of full time force.com developers to help us with our application and implementation tasks...

Please respond with your resume and a summary of your skills/experience with salesforce.com.

Thank you.

Message Edited by PBS_IC786 on 04-01-2008 04:59 PM
Code:
<apex:page controller="cMainMenu" sidebar="false" showheader="false" standardstylesheets="false">
<style>
body .h1 {
font-size:14;
font-weight: bold;
font-family:Arial;
}
</style>
<h1>Visualforce Test</h1><br/><hr/>
</apex:page>

what is wrong with this picture?  I do not get an error but the text "Visualforce Test" does not come up in Arial font at the size I specified so how can I control the style of the text contained in the <h1> tag?"
This may sound like a dumb question but I will break it into multiple parts in order to make answering it somewhat easier?!?

1) How can I change the backgroud color for my VF page?
2) Are stylesheets the only way to control the look and feel of the page? If so, then where and how can I edit stylesheets to get what I need?
3) Does salesforce have any sample stylesheets which I can view/edit to get the page to look how I want?  If so, once I find out where they are, how can I edit them and upload back into my VF application to get desired behavior?

This aspect of visualforce has been really frustrating so far as I am not a CSS expert and am used to the regular old HTML and javascript page manipulation. 

For example, I have a datatable component which uses the styleclass of "list" but if I remove the styleclass then it looks all dumb.  If I leave styleclass out, I cannot specify the columnwidths without an internal server error from salesforce.  I simply want a neat looking table with a column containing an input field.  Right now my column with the input field is huge compared to my other 2 columns and I cannot find an easy way to control this.

Maybe I am missing something big here and that is why I could be asking a stupid question but either way someone please advise...Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Can anyone tell me how to fix the following issue with Eclipse?

I get the error message:
Unable to load Scontrol Editor
FactoryException: No id found for filepath 'S-Controls/MyControl.scf'

This is happening ever since I installed the latest version of Eclipse (3.3/Europa) in order to get the Force.com toolkit.  I followed the Wiki to do a new install (this was recommended) even though I had an older version of Eclipse (3.2 I think) with all of my code there.  When I installed the new version that is called Java IDE as indicated on the Wiki, I get this error every time I try to open any of my scontrols.  When I installed the Europa (3.3) version of Eclipse it asked me where I wanted to have my workspace and I pointed it to where all of my old projects in the last version of Eclipse were...could this be the issue?  Please advise on how to proceed as I am stuck and need to do some Apex coding to update my app....

Thanks in advance for any help...

What should this line in my code look like?

<script src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js"></script>

Is 10.0 the latest version or is there a newer version and do I have to update the version everytime and fix my scontrols when a new version is released?

Where can I see what the latest version # is?

Thanks
How do I add days to a custom date field in my scontrol?

Already tried...

Test_Date__c = recordset.Sample_date__c ++ 14.0

This does not work...any ideas?
Is it possible to customize the home page of a standard/custom object with dashboards easily?
Is it possible to do a window.open and launch another Scontrol from within an Scontrol?
Assuming the structure for a queryresult is different in Flex (not sure if it is?), how can I get to the values stored within the objects which the queryresult brings back.

Specifically, I have a query which is bringing back 3 columns and 1 record.  2 out of the 3 columns are actually relationship objects with multiple records contained within them.  I need to get the values in the fields of these relationship objects in order to do processing with them...

This pseudo format is returning blank when I can see the data in the apex explorer-

queryresult.records[0].relationshipobject[0].customfieldname

Is there any way to get access to a merge field within the flex code?

I have a grid on one of my custom object detail pages and I need to know in my flex code what the id of the custom object's page is, so I can show the proper information in the grid...

Any ideas? thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
In my CASE function I have a merge field and and 2 case options.  When I view it in the "edit custom link" box it reports no syntax errors.  But when I try to launch the link and invoke the javascript which performs my case, I get an error which states that my "else_result" value is not defined.  Can anyone explain this or provide an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone else find that they are getting a number of Package Upload and Package Installation Errors since the Spring09 release? Seems like ever since then we have been plagued by all sorts of issues that force us to go to Salesforce Support to get them resolved.

It has probably happened to us about 5 times now where we get an error like this:

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number:  xxxxxxxxx-xxx (-xxxxxxxxx)

If we are doing something wrong, salesforce won't tell us and it's really making us look bad when we can't follow through with customers because of some unknown error that we apparently can't fix on our own. Then we have to wait a week to get it resolved.

Just wondering if this is a problem anyone else has been having since Spring 09, or if it's something directly related to the way in which we build and deploy these packages. (or maybe both)

We recently noticed a new checkbox when packaging our native managed package which shows an option to select if multi currency is required in the installing org.  Unfortunately, this checkbox is already checked and grayed out so I am not able to uncheck it.  The issue is that we have customers that do not have multi currency enabled but we also have customers that do.  This was never a problem in the past but ever since 4/24/2009, this new checkbox does not allow customers with multi currency disabled to install new releases of our package.

Please help...

Thanks

Code:
<apex:page controller="cMainMenu" sidebar="false" showheader="false" standardstylesheets="false">
<style>
body .h1 {
font-size:14;
font-weight: bold;
font-family:Arial;
}
</style>
<h1>Visualforce Test</h1><br/><hr/>
</apex:page>

what is wrong with this picture?  I do not get an error but the text "Visualforce Test" does not come up in Arial font at the size I specified so how can I control the style of the text contained in the <h1> tag?"
Is there any way to build an Apex Trigger/Class using CurrencyISOCode in a multi-currency org, such that it can be packaged for AppExchange but the currencyISOCode will be ignored in a non-multi-currency org where that field is not available?

I guess it will need some sort of dynamic Apex capabilities to determine the schema and behave accordingly.

Presently, it seems that Multi-currency becomes a pre-requisite for installing the package. Presumably this would mean two packages - one for multi-currency and one without - and ultimately two appexchange listings?
    Hello,

I have a before update trigger on Contract that sets the associated Account status to Active when the Contract is activated.  The business goal is to keep these values in sync.

I have written the below test method, but I am only able to obtain 57% test coverage, because an insert statement is failing in the method.

Here is the error:

20080202002751.821:Class.TriggerTests.testContractTrigger: line 22, column 17: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FAILED_ACTIVATION, null: [Status]

Our hunch is that the insert fails because of some special back-end logic around Contract status, which appears to be locked in some way by the platform. 

However, I am not certain if and how to bypass this logic (if that's the issue) for the test.

Here is the test method.  The failure occurs at the attempt to insert relatedCon.

Any suggestions would be appreciated:

public class TriggerTests {

public static testmethod void testContractTrigger (  ) {

//Insert Account for test
         Account testAcc = new Account( Name = 'Test For Contract');
             try{
                 insert testAcc;
             }
             catch (DmlException e) {
                 System.debug(e.getMessage());
             }
        // Obtain reference to new related Contract
        Contract relatedCon = new Contract (AccountId = testAcc.Id, ContractTerm = 12, Name = 'Test', Status = 'Draft');      

try{
                 insert relatedCon;
                 System.debug(relatedCon);
             }
             catch (DmlException e) {
             }   

// This is the Contract that will change as part of the test     
    // field values should cause the trigger to fire
    Contract updatedCon = new Contract(Id = relatedCon.Id, Status = 'Activated' );

// update in database
    try{
                // this should fire the after update trigger   
                 update updatedCon;
             }
             catch (DmlException e) {
             }   

// Iterate through acct objects, make sure trigger set status to active   
    for ( Account a : [select Name, Id, AccountStatus__c from Account where Id = :testAcc.Id ] ) 
        System.debug(a.Name + ' ' + a.AccountStatus__c);
        //System.assertEquals( 'Active' , a.AccountStatus__c );
    }

Here is the trigger:

trigger setAcctActive on Contract (before update) {

// Create a list of accounts to update
List<Account> acctList = new List<Account>();

for (Contract contract : Trigger.new) {

// If the contract has been activated...
  if (contract.Status == 'Activated') {

Account a = new Account(Id = contract.AccountId);
    // ... set the associated Account as active
    a.AccountStatus__c = 'Active';

acctList.add ( a );

}
  // update the database with the account status changes
  update acctList;
}
}

Message Edited by David Greenberg on 02-01-2008 04:49 PM
This may sound like a dumb question but I will break it into multiple parts in order to make answering it somewhat easier?!?

1) How can I change the backgroud color for my VF page?
2) Are stylesheets the only way to control the look and feel of the page? If so, then where and how can I edit stylesheets to get what I need?
3) Does salesforce have any sample stylesheets which I can view/edit to get the page to look how I want?  If so, once I find out where they are, how can I edit them and upload back into my VF application to get desired behavior?

This aspect of visualforce has been really frustrating so far as I am not a CSS expert and am used to the regular old HTML and javascript page manipulation. 

For example, I have a datatable component which uses the styleclass of "list" but if I remove the styleclass then it looks all dumb.  If I leave styleclass out, I cannot specify the columnwidths without an internal server error from salesforce.  I simply want a neat looking table with a column containing an input field.  Right now my column with the input field is huge compared to my other 2 columns and I cannot find an easy way to control this.

Maybe I am missing something big here and that is why I could be asking a stupid question but either way someone please advise...Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Hi.  In the past I had no problems at all with the Apex toolkit for Eclipse.  In wanting to use the latest API and tools, I decided (stupidly) to use the new Force.com plugin for Eclipse 3.3.x.x. 

Now the fun part.  When I create a new project and hook up to our org's sandbox, I get a list of folders and one that contains our s-controls, triggers and classes (src>unpackaged).  My question to anyone who can help:  first, is this the project layout for everyone as well?  I see folders for various app exchange items we placed up there months ago, and some other fodlers that I don't understand the point of.  Why are they in the IDE?  And second, and the biggest headache at the moment....why arean't all of the s-controls in our sandbox being listed?   Maybe 25% of the controls are available and the same is true for the triggers. 

I've tried to get an answer from our premire support rep to no avail.  This is really messing our team up as we're in development on some items and now have to edit in a text editor and then copy and save in the UI.  That gets pretty old over the course of a day or week.

Any hlope would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
Bryan

Hello,
I'm trying to update an Account record by using an Opportunity "after update" trigger.
I want to update the Account record, which has the same id as the id of the Opportunity Account Name.
My code is as follows:

trigger changeAccountToActive on Opportunity (after update) {
Opportunity[] opp = trigger.new;
Account[] acct;

acct = [select id, Active__c from Account where id = :opp[0].Account.id];
//acct = [select id, Active__c from Account where Site = :opp[0].NextStep];
if (acct.size()>0)
{
  if (opp[0].status__c == 'Full Payment')
  {
  acct[0].Active__c = 'Yes';
  }
  update acct[0];
}
}

I used some debug printing code and I realised that the code doesn't get the lookup field value, but it does get the values of other fields. If I use the code in comments, where the "where" statement works on another opportunity field, it works...

Does anyone have an idea???
Thanks.

Message Edited by NM on 01-19-2008 10:57 PM

Message Edited by NM on 01-19-2008 11:00 PM
  • January 19, 2008
Is it possible to customize the home page of a standard/custom object with dashboards easily?
Is it possible to do a window.open and launch another Scontrol from within an Scontrol?
hi

i have one doubt,pls anyone clarify me as early as possible.my doubt is every object(like cae) has some standard fields(like subject,Description,Priority,etc) ,when i create the pagelayout  automatically these fields are coming but no way to remove the fields from the layout but these are unwanted for me.how can i void these fields in my layout.this seems to be small doubt but in many cases giving the problem.

Regards,
madhu
  • July 12, 2007
I have created an example list view button and when I click it, I am getting a javascript error:

" A problem with the OnClick Javascript for this button or link was encountered: Expected ';'

The button code is quite simple:

newArray = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Task)};
alert(newArray);

This list button works in Contacts and the Activity List View records, BUT NOT for Accounts.  The only thing non-standard is that I am using record types with the accounts.  I have added the button to all list views for all record type layouts.  I am using IE6. 

I think this might be a bug...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BKM
Assuming the structure for a queryresult is different in Flex (not sure if it is?), how can I get to the values stored within the objects which the queryresult brings back.

Specifically, I have a query which is bringing back 3 columns and 1 record.  2 out of the 3 columns are actually relationship objects with multiple records contained within them.  I need to get the values in the fields of these relationship objects in order to do processing with them...

This pseudo format is returning blank when I can see the data in the apex explorer-

queryresult.records[0].relationshipobject[0].customfieldname

Is there any way to get access to a merge field within the flex code?

I have a grid on one of my custom object detail pages and I need to know in my flex code what the id of the custom object's page is, so I can show the proper information in the grid...

Any ideas? thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
2 questions as I am new to Actionscript and Flex:

1) How can I make data in a flex datagrid show up as a hyperlink if I am using an Arraycollection to populate the grid?

2) Is there any way in Flex/actionscript to combine multiple datasets (various custom objects related to 1 common custom object) and display them in a specified order?

Thanks