• 50 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a requirement to query the Change Management (CR) system hosted on my company Intranet from Salesforce.com. The CR system provides a Web Service which expects the client (SFDC) to provide the following in the SOAP Request along with the actual query:
1. Authentication information.
2. A certificate (.cer) provided by the CR system.

I reviewed the 2-say SSL documenation at https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL but was not sure how or if it is relevant to my requirement. I am not sure if the "Certificate and Key Management" feature in the Setup menu needs to be used to import the .cer file provided by the CR system.

Any pointers?

I am implementing Salesforce for a Non Profit org and want to implement screens for capturing payment information for the different types of donations.

Sample donation types include:

1. Credit Card.

2. Check

3. Cash

4. Money Order

5. ACH

6. PayPal, etc.

I am not sure what kind of object relationships would be appropriate so that I can minimize the number of custom objects in the system. I initially thought of creating a custom object called "Donation Type" that maped to each of these types but then I realized that each type will have different set of fields that need to be captured (Eg: Credit card will require CC#, Expiration Date, CV# whereas Check would require Check#, Date, Bank Name, etc).

Any pointers?

Also, I don't know the legal implications for storing all this sensitive information in SFDC. It would be nice iif someone who has already dealt with this scenario point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to standardize email signatures for all users? I know each user can change his/her signature using  <My Email Settings> in the Setup menu but I was looking for a place where I can define a standard signature and automatically update it for all users.

This will also allow me to mass update the signatures in the future. Examples include changes to the organization's telephone number, etc.

Any ideas?

I have installed an application called CaseHistory from appExchange and wanted to modify the relevant VisualForce page - CaseHistory.page.

I attempted to use the title attribute of the <apex:page> tag as follows:

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="CaseHistoryController" title="Case: {!aCase.CaseNumber}">

However, I keep seeing the title as "Page Editor - /apex/CaseHistory". I changed my user setting to NOT be in Developer mode but I still don't see the page title changed to what I was trying to set in the code above (Case: caseNumber).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Komal

We have a need to display refId information to the agent before he/she sends out an email for a given case.

I researched the SFDC schema and even queried the DB for various fields for each object - Case, EmailMessage, etc. but couldn't find a field corresponding to the refId value that gets inserted in each email.

Questions:

1. refId is an attribute of which object?

2. Is the refId information available programmatically/API? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance,

Komal

Hello!

By default, when we are on the View Cases page, the only way to see what each case description holds is to open each case and check it out.

We have a requirement where an agent should be able to preview a brief case description for each case when hovering over the mouse over each case on the View Cases page.

As an alternate workaround, I thought of creating a new view for the Cases tab and looked out for the "Description" field for the Case object but it does not show up as an available filed for the view. I checked the help file for Create New List at https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=customviews.htm&section=Custom_Views and the help documentation clearly states that you can add Textarea (Long) type fileds as long as the field is available on the Page layout. I confirmed that the"Description" field is available on the Case Layout page but it still does not show up as an "Available field" for a new view for Cases tab.

How do I go about making either of these solutions possible?

Thanks,

Komal

Message Edited by KT@Cisco on 03-10-2010 05:05 PM

Hello!

I wanted to know the UPPER LIMITS (max. allowed) for the following:

1. The maximum number of concurrent logins allowed for an Email-to-Case enabled user. In other words, are there any licensing limits for a user who is enabled for Email-to-Case and is being used by several instances of Email-to-case client.

2.  The client based version 1.08 of Email-to-case currently has a limitation of 2,500 incoming emails per day. Is this limit for a given instance of Email-to-Case process or is this limit for the underlying Email-to-case user which creates cases in SFDC from the Email-to-Case client process.

Thanks and regards,

Komal

I was looking for a way to include the Case Number information in all the outbound email replies going from Salesforce.com UI to the customer.

Underlying requirement: When an agent responds to a customer from the SFDC UI with an incorrect address in the To field, the bounced message only contains a refId and this in turn, creates a new case with no references to the original case.

The agent receives this bounced message and only sees the refId in the attached original message but does not get the originating case ID from where the agent had sent the email to the incorrect address.

Solution: If we include the Case Number information in all email responses from SFDC, the bounced message will contain the original email as attachment (and the original email will contain this Case Number, thus allowing easy identification of the original case from where this email was sent)

I have looked at Field Update, workflow rules, Email templates etc and found that the only workaround is to create a new Email template which has all the info. I need and then, have the agent manually select this email template each time the agent sends a response. Clearly, this is not a viable solution as making the agent select a specific template each time is inefficient.

Any suggestions on how to get this implemented without manual effort by the agent?

I need to customize the Email2Case agent version 1.08 and have tried to import the EmailAgent.zip file into Eclipse.

Initially, I was getting an error that JAVA_HOME may not be configured correctly. I resolved this by explicitly pointing to the JDK folder in the Installed JREs section.

However, upon attempting to execute the ant build file - build.xml, it keeps getting stuck the "CLEAN" step where it says that it is unable to delete the "build" directory.

Below is the output of the ANT build execution:

Buildfile: C:\eclipse_jee\workspace\EmailAgent60\build.xml
init:
     [echo] Sforce Email to Case Agent
clean:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\eclipse_jee\workspace\EmailAgent60\build

BUILD FAILED

C:\eclipse_jee\workspace\EmailAgent60\build.xml:121: Unable to delete directory C:\eclipse_jee\workspace\EmailAgent60\build

Total time: 487 milliseconds

I thought this might be an issue with some files/folders being read-only but that does not seem to be the problem.

Any pointers on how do I compile the Email2Case agent in Eclipse?

Thanks in advance.

- Komal

Message Edited by KT@Cisco on 01-05-2010 07:52 PM

Hello!

I am using Sforce Email to Case Version 1.06.

I have Email2Case agent downloading emails (most of them in Japanese) having unicode characters as well as some special characters.

Often times, the Email2Case agent chokes on one or more emails having such special characters. One of the characters it chokes upon is a square bracket (and there are some more such characters). Once the Email2Case agent chokes on such an email, it is unable to proceed further with other messages in the POP/IMAP account until the agent is restarted at which point, it processes other emails but still chokes on the problematic email.

Question-1

========

I want to know if others have faced such an issue with the Email2Case agent and if so, how did you remedy the situation? 

Question-2

========

Is there a patch/update available for the Email2Case agent where such a situation has already been addressed?

Here's a snapshot of the exception that gets thrown by Email2Case whenever it encounters a special character and following this exception, it starts to choke (effectively not downloading anything until this problem email is deleted from the mailbox).

2009-12-15 18:46:42,556 182765 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient  - java.lang.IllegalStateException: character 22 is not allowed in output (text value='[TS Routing Request Tool - Req ID:5851]  Add New subtechnology : RF Gateway 1 \u0016 Edge QAMs (xDQA series) - Modulators - Updated')
java.lang.IllegalStateException: character 22 is not allowed in output (text value='[TS Routing Request Tool - Req ID:5851]  Add New subtechnology : RF Gateway 1 \u0016 Edge QAMs (xDQA series) - Modulators - Updated')
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXSerializer.writeElementContent(MXSerializer.java:954)
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXSerializer.text(MXSerializer.java:778)
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.XmlOutputStream.writeText(XmlOutputStream.java:80)
    at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.writeString(TypeMapper.java:195)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.NameValuePair.writeFields(NameValuePair.java:75)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.NameValuePair.write(NameValuePair.java:67)
    at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.writeSingleObject(TypeMapper.java:251)
    at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.writeArrayObject(TypeMapper.java:244)
    at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.writeObject(TypeMapper.java:235)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandledEmailMessage.writeFields(HandledEmailMessage.java:141)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandledEmailMessage.write(HandledEmailMessage.java:133)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandleEmailMessage_element.writeFields(HandleEmailMessage_element.java:52)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandleEmailMessage_element.write(HandleEmailMessage_element.java:45)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.writeBody(SoapConnection.java:256)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.sendRequest(SoapConnection.java:226)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:73)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.PartnerConnection.handleEmailMessage(PartnerConnection.java:374)
    at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.handleMessage(GenericClient.java:598)
    at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.receive(GenericClient.java:409)
    at com.sforce.mail.EmailService$EmailWorker.run(EmailService.java:211)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by KT@Cisco on 12-23-2009 08:03 AM

I am currently using Email2Case client and understand that the max. attachment size can be configured for this client in the sfdcConfig.txt that accompanies this Email2Case client.

However, when I attempted to send an email beyond 4.5 to 5 MB with the sfdcConfig.txt max. attachment size value set to 10MB, the email was sent to the ERROR folder.

I want to know what is the maximum attachment size that can be processed (without getting sent to ERROR folder) and stored in SalesForce.com for:

(a) a given case.

(b) an individual email for a given case.

If there are separate limitations for Email2Case and Salesforce.com, I would like to know them both.

An early response would be appreciated as we have to make decisions about whether or not to continue with SF.com for further evaluation.

I need to identify for a given case whether the owner of the case is a queue or an agent.

When I query the CASE table for OwnerId field, it gives me different string values and I was hoping to identify how to differentiate between whether this OwnerId references a Queue or if it references an agent.

Any clues?

I am trying to change case ownership by providing a custom "ACCEPT" button on the Case Page Layout page so that the user can accept the case without having to go through multiple steps of searching and then accepting the case being reviewed.

To do so, I have created a new S-Control which was placed on the Page Layout for Case object. I am able to display the current field values for this case as you may see from my code. However, when the code attempts to execute the updateCaseOwner() Javascript function, nothing happens. Any clues what I may be doing wrong?

Here is the source code.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
 "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
    <link href="/dCSS/Theme2/default/common.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv"  rel="stylesheet" >
    <link href="/dCSS/Theme2/default/custom.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv"  rel="stylesheet" >
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
   /*  Author = Komal T
    Date = Jan 16, 2009
    Description = Use this S Control to change case ownership using an ACCEPT button.
    Dependencies = This S-Control utilizes the standard cases object.
 */

function setupPage() {
     alert("Inside setupPage, UserID is set to: {!User.Id} and UserName is set to: {!User.Username}");
      ///this if statement skips getElementById; IE7 can access the resultsHolder element directly by name
      if (!document.all){
        resultsHolder = document.getElementById('resultsHolder');
      }
        //search for all cases on the account
        alert("Executing the query now....");
        var query = "SELECT CaseNumber, OwnerId, Subject, Priority, CreatedDate, Status ";
        query = query + " FROM Case WHERE CaseNumber = '{!Case.CaseNumber}' ";
        try {
          var caseResult = sforce.connection.query(query);
          var caseNum = caseResult.getArray("size");
          var caseRecords = caseResult.getArray("records");
          var newOwnerId = '{!$User.Id}' ;
          alert("newOwnerId="+newOwnerId);
        } catch (e) {
          alert("Error executing SOQL search query: " + e);
        }
        //display the cases to choose
        displayList(caseRecords, caseNum);
        updateCaseOwner(caseRecords,caseNum,newOwnerId);
   } // End of setupPage

function displayList(caseRecords, caseNum) {
     alert("Inside displayList...");
     var output = "";
     //write out table
     output += "<table border=1>";
//     output += "<tr class='headerRow'><th>&nbsp;</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Contact</th><th>Subject</th><th>Priority</th><th>Created On</th><th>Status</th><th>Owner</th>";
     output += "<tr class='headerRow'><th>&nbsp;</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Owner</th><th>Subject</th><th>Priority</th><th>Created On</th><th>Status</th></tr>";
     for (i=0;i<caseNum;i++) {
      output += "<tr onmouseover='hiOn(this);' onmouseout='hiOff(this);'><td><input type='checkbox'></td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].CaseNumber+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].OwnerId+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Subject+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Priority+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].CreatedDate+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Status+"</td>";
      output += "</tr>";
  }
//  output += "<input class=btn type='button' value='Next' onclick='displayMergeDetails(document.forms[0]);'>";
  output += "</table></form>";

//write HTML to the browser
     resultsHolder.innerHTML = output;
   } // End of displayList

function updateCaseOwner(caseRecords,caseNum,newOwnerId){
     alert("Inside updateCaseOwner...");
//      Case myCase = caseRecords[i]
      caseRecords[i].OwnerId = newOwnerId ;
      sfdc.update(caseRecords);
  }// End of for loop

}// End of updateCaseOwner

</Script>
</head>
<body align="left">
<Table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <TR>
    <TD class="dataCol" align="left"><font size="-1"><A HREF="#" onclick="javascript:alert('HELLO!!! S Control');setupPage();">Accept Case</A></font></TD>
  </TR>
</TABLE>
<div id="resultsHolder">
<h3>Loading cases, please be patient.</h3>
</div>
</body>
</html>
I am trying to setup the Email2Case client and need to configure the sdfcConfig.txt file with a Salesforce.com user account which can post to a case in Salesforce.com.

What kind of user (Role, Profile, Permissions) do I need to create in Salesforce.com before I can use the same for Email2Case feature?

Thanks in advance.
I have a requirement to query the Change Management (CR) system hosted on my company Intranet from Salesforce.com. The CR system provides a Web Service which expects the client (SFDC) to provide the following in the SOAP Request along with the actual query:
1. Authentication information.
2. A certificate (.cer) provided by the CR system.

I reviewed the 2-say SSL documenation at https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL but was not sure how or if it is relevant to my requirement. I am not sure if the "Certificate and Key Management" feature in the Setup menu needs to be used to import the .cer file provided by the CR system.

Any pointers?

I have installed an application called CaseHistory from appExchange and wanted to modify the relevant VisualForce page - CaseHistory.page.

I attempted to use the title attribute of the <apex:page> tag as follows:

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="CaseHistoryController" title="Case: {!aCase.CaseNumber}">

However, I keep seeing the title as "Page Editor - /apex/CaseHistory". I changed my user setting to NOT be in Developer mode but I still don't see the page title changed to what I was trying to set in the code above (Case: caseNumber).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Komal

We have a need to display refId information to the agent before he/she sends out an email for a given case.

I researched the SFDC schema and even queried the DB for various fields for each object - Case, EmailMessage, etc. but couldn't find a field corresponding to the refId value that gets inserted in each email.

Questions:

1. refId is an attribute of which object?

2. Is the refId information available programmatically/API? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance,

Komal

Hello!

By default, when we are on the View Cases page, the only way to see what each case description holds is to open each case and check it out.

We have a requirement where an agent should be able to preview a brief case description for each case when hovering over the mouse over each case on the View Cases page.

As an alternate workaround, I thought of creating a new view for the Cases tab and looked out for the "Description" field for the Case object but it does not show up as an available filed for the view. I checked the help file for Create New List at https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=customviews.htm&section=Custom_Views and the help documentation clearly states that you can add Textarea (Long) type fileds as long as the field is available on the Page layout. I confirmed that the"Description" field is available on the Case Layout page but it still does not show up as an "Available field" for a new view for Cases tab.

How do I go about making either of these solutions possible?

Thanks,

Komal

Message Edited by KT@Cisco on 03-10-2010 05:05 PM

Hello!

I am using Sforce Email to Case Version 1.06.

I have Email2Case agent downloading emails (most of them in Japanese) having unicode characters as well as some special characters.

Often times, the Email2Case agent chokes on one or more emails having such special characters. One of the characters it chokes upon is a square bracket (and there are some more such characters). Once the Email2Case agent chokes on such an email, it is unable to proceed further with other messages in the POP/IMAP account until the agent is restarted at which point, it processes other emails but still chokes on the problematic email.

Question-1

========

I want to know if others have faced such an issue with the Email2Case agent and if so, how did you remedy the situation? 

Question-2

========

Is there a patch/update available for the Email2Case agent where such a situation has already been addressed?

Here's a snapshot of the exception that gets thrown by Email2Case whenever it encounters a special character and following this exception, it starts to choke (effectively not downloading anything until this problem email is deleted from the mailbox).

2009-12-15 18:46:42,556 182765 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient  - java.lang.IllegalStateException: character 22 is not allowed in output (text value='[TS Routing Request Tool - Req ID:5851]  Add New subtechnology : RF Gateway 1 \u0016 Edge QAMs (xDQA series) - Modulators - Updated')
java.lang.IllegalStateException: character 22 is not allowed in output (text value='[TS Routing Request Tool - Req ID:5851]  Add New subtechnology : RF Gateway 1 \u0016 Edge QAMs (xDQA series) - Modulators - Updated')
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXSerializer.writeElementContent(MXSerializer.java:954)
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.MXSerializer.text(MXSerializer.java:778)
    at com.sforce.ws.parser.XmlOutputStream.writeText(XmlOutputStream.java:80)
    at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.writeString(TypeMapper.java:195)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.NameValuePair.writeFields(NameValuePair.java:75)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.NameValuePair.write(NameValuePair.java:67)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandledEmailMessage.writeFields(HandledEmailMessage.java:141)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandledEmailMessage.write(HandledEmailMessage.java:133)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandleEmailMessage_element.writeFields(HandleEmailMessage_element.java:52)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.HandleEmailMessage_element.write(HandleEmailMessage_element.java:45)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.writeBody(SoapConnection.java:256)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.sendRequest(SoapConnection.java:226)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:73)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.wsc80.PartnerConnection.handleEmailMessage(PartnerConnection.java:374)
    at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.handleMessage(GenericClient.java:598)
    at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.receive(GenericClient.java:409)
    at com.sforce.mail.EmailService$EmailWorker.run(EmailService.java:211)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by KT@Cisco on 12-23-2009 08:03 AM

I am currently using Email2Case client and understand that the max. attachment size can be configured for this client in the sfdcConfig.txt that accompanies this Email2Case client.

However, when I attempted to send an email beyond 4.5 to 5 MB with the sfdcConfig.txt max. attachment size value set to 10MB, the email was sent to the ERROR folder.

I want to know what is the maximum attachment size that can be processed (without getting sent to ERROR folder) and stored in SalesForce.com for:

(a) a given case.

(b) an individual email for a given case.

If there are separate limitations for Email2Case and Salesforce.com, I would like to know them both.

An early response would be appreciated as we have to make decisions about whether or not to continue with SF.com for further evaluation.

I am trying to change case ownership by providing a custom "ACCEPT" button on the Case Page Layout page so that the user can accept the case without having to go through multiple steps of searching and then accepting the case being reviewed.

To do so, I have created a new S-Control which was placed on the Page Layout for Case object. I am able to display the current field values for this case as you may see from my code. However, when the code attempts to execute the updateCaseOwner() Javascript function, nothing happens. Any clues what I may be doing wrong?

Here is the source code.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
 "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
    <link href="/dCSS/Theme2/default/common.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv"  rel="stylesheet" >
    <link href="/dCSS/Theme2/default/custom.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv"  rel="stylesheet" >
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
   /*  Author = Komal T
    Date = Jan 16, 2009
    Description = Use this S Control to change case ownership using an ACCEPT button.
    Dependencies = This S-Control utilizes the standard cases object.
 */

function setupPage() {
     alert("Inside setupPage, UserID is set to: {!User.Id} and UserName is set to: {!User.Username}");
      ///this if statement skips getElementById; IE7 can access the resultsHolder element directly by name
      if (!document.all){
        resultsHolder = document.getElementById('resultsHolder');
      }
        //search for all cases on the account
        alert("Executing the query now....");
        var query = "SELECT CaseNumber, OwnerId, Subject, Priority, CreatedDate, Status ";
        query = query + " FROM Case WHERE CaseNumber = '{!Case.CaseNumber}' ";
        try {
          var caseResult = sforce.connection.query(query);
          var caseNum = caseResult.getArray("size");
          var caseRecords = caseResult.getArray("records");
          var newOwnerId = '{!$User.Id}' ;
          alert("newOwnerId="+newOwnerId);
        } catch (e) {
          alert("Error executing SOQL search query: " + e);
        }
        //display the cases to choose
        displayList(caseRecords, caseNum);
        updateCaseOwner(caseRecords,caseNum,newOwnerId);
   } // End of setupPage

function displayList(caseRecords, caseNum) {
     alert("Inside displayList...");
     var output = "";
     //write out table
     output += "<table border=1>";
//     output += "<tr class='headerRow'><th>&nbsp;</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Contact</th><th>Subject</th><th>Priority</th><th>Created On</th><th>Status</th><th>Owner</th>";
     output += "<tr class='headerRow'><th>&nbsp;</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Owner</th><th>Subject</th><th>Priority</th><th>Created On</th><th>Status</th></tr>";
      output += "<tr onmouseover='hiOn(this);' onmouseout='hiOff(this);'><td><input type='checkbox'></td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].CaseNumber+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].OwnerId+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Subject+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Priority+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].CreatedDate+"</td>";
      output += "<td>"+caseRecords[i].Status+"</td>";
      output += "</tr>";
  }
//  output += "<input class=btn type='button' value='Next' onclick='displayMergeDetails(document.forms[0]);'>";
  output += "</table></form>";

//write HTML to the browser
     resultsHolder.innerHTML = output;
   } // End of displayList

function updateCaseOwner(caseRecords,caseNum,newOwnerId){
     alert("Inside updateCaseOwner...");
//      Case myCase = caseRecords[i]
      caseRecords[i].OwnerId = newOwnerId ;
      sfdc.update(caseRecords);
  }// End of for loop

}// End of updateCaseOwner

</Script>
</head>
<body align="left">
<Table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <TR>
    <TD class="dataCol" align="left"><font size="-1"><A HREF="#" onclick="javascript:alert('HELLO!!! S Control');setupPage();">Accept Case</A></font></TD>
  </TR>
</TABLE>
<div id="resultsHolder">
<h3>Loading cases, please be patient.</h3>
</div>
</body>
</html>
I am trying to setup the Email2Case client and need to configure the sdfcConfig.txt file with a Salesforce.com user account which can post to a case in Salesforce.com.

What kind of user (Role, Profile, Permissions) do I need to create in Salesforce.com before I can use the same for Email2Case feature?

Thanks in advance.