• 85 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to change the Opportunity Name from being a text box to being a drop down box.

Failing that, I would like to insert a drop down box that people can use to fill in the Opportunity Name box.

What is the correct syntax to use in order to get SalesForce to fill in the name in from the drop down box.

In pseudo code, what I want is:

If Drop Down is Not Null, then name = Account Name + _ + Drop Down List Value.

Thanks in advance!

• March 03, 2009
One of our email workflow rules was triggered but the email was never received.  We pulled an email log and noticed that in one day 6 emails from different email alerts went to ValidationQueue@salesforce.com.  Has anyone have this issue?
Message Edited by hhuie on 02-25-2010 10:02 AM
  • February 25, 2010

Trying to create an Visualforce email template but having issues using IF statement to displaying a field if another field is not blank but getting an error message:

Error: Syntax error. Missing '}'

Here is the code below:

{!IF(relatedTo.Prior_Campaign_Link__c != ''), relatedTo.Prior_Campaign__r.Name, '')}

Thanks

• February 05, 2010

We have a few fields that are not displayed on the page layout that are filled via workflow rule.  We recently rolled out a new Object that users insert records using the excel connector.  We're wondering if there is a way to create a validation rule to prevent those fields from being updated via the connector in case a user decides to play around with the connector.

Thanks in advance.

• February 03, 2010

Is there a way to put comments into a formula field in Salesforce?  Only reason I'm asking is that we do a lot of testing in Salesforce and at time we need to comment out parts of the formula to troubleshoot it.  It gets annoying cutting and pasting parts of the formula field into notepad in case it's not the formula that's giving us issues.

Thanks

• August 24, 2009

First time using Visualforce to send out emails and running into a little issue.  We're sending out an Visualforce email on a custom object where we want the recepient to clicks on a link to approve the order and to automatically enters today's date into a field.  The issue I'm running into is that the date that is being populated seems to be the date of when the email has been generated.  Can someone the best way to enter today's date when the recepient clicks on the link?

Code:

<a href="https://cs3.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.id}/e?retURL=%2F{!relatedTo.id}&00N50000001y9gY={!month(TODAY())}/{!day(TODAY())}/{!year(TODAY())}&save=1"><b>Approve</b></a></center>

Thanks

• August 21, 2009
Is there a way to reference the Opportunity Owner Role using a formula field on an Opportunity?
  • April 30, 2009

We're trying to create a link on a object that takes the user to a list view of all the record's children.  I got the link to work but the issue I'm having is when I put in &save=x it takes all the fields out of the list view.  What do I put in the link to tell Salesforce to display certain fields on the list view or tell Salesforce not to override the fields we've already selected in the list view?

Thanks

• February 20, 2009

Was wondering if anyone experience this issue with formula fields.  We have a string of formula fields in a Custom Object (about 10 - 20 formula fields referencing the Opportunity and one field totaling them) that we last saved about 2 - 3 months ago and now we're trying to edit the field names due to departmental name changes and receive a error message that we exceed the 5,000 character limit.  Salesforce does not even allow us to hit Edit then Save.  So for some reason those formulas increase from 4938 to 5137 characters without anyone touching them (per the Audit Trail).  Salesforce is giving us the generic answer of please use a Workflow rule to reduce the size of the formula fields and refuses to look into this issue.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Howard

• February 20, 2009
One of our email workflow rules was triggered but the email was never received.  We pulled an email log and noticed that in one day 6 emails from different email alerts went to ValidationQueue@salesforce.com.  Has anyone have this issue?
Message Edited by hhuie on 02-25-2010 10:02 AM
  • February 25, 2010

I followed the instructions to load Office Toolkit from the Setup section in Salesforce which installed Office Toolkit version 4, I then followed the instructions to install the Excel Connector - loaded it in through the Add-Ins, which worked. However I got an error ( and a VB Page popped up with the method for this error) that said the Connector couldn't find the library for Office Toolkit version 3.

I don't know where to find Office Toolkit version 3, let alone install it correctly, nor if after the previous effort whether the Excel Connector will work at all as it is notorious for screwing up to such an extent that one actually has to re-install Excel and Word to have any chance of it working, which I really don't want to do as the only benefit to the Excel Connector is the FIXID function which I need to use VLookup for files derived from Salesforce Reports.

So what do I need to do now that I've gotten this far, or even better, is there another way to create a function or macro to provide the FIX ID capability, as I really don't want to have to use the Excel Connector if I can avoid it?

ODB

I have a user who just installed the Office Connector from inside SF (in the Desktop Integration section of Personal Setup), and it appears to have installed a version 4.0 of the toolkit.

He's getting the "Can't find project or library" error that others have reported getting as a result of a mismatch between Version 2.0 of the toolkit and Version 6.16 of the Excel Connector.

Has there been an updated version of the Excel Connector that will work with Version 4.0 of the toolkit? If not, how do I downgrade him back to Version 3.0, since the only version that will download from SF setup is version 4.0?  

This is not the most technical of users, and I'm supporting him from 200 miles away, so I can't just go to his computer and do it for him. So asking him to go to the Developer Toolkit type sites and figure out what to do is asking for disaster. Please help!

First time using Visualforce to send out emails and running into a little issue.  We're sending out an Visualforce email on a custom object where we want the recepient to clicks on a link to approve the order and to automatically enters today's date into a field.  The issue I'm running into is that the date that is being populated seems to be the date of when the email has been generated.  Can someone the best way to enter today's date when the recepient clicks on the link?

Code:

<a href="https://cs3.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.id}/e?retURL=%2F{!relatedTo.id}&00N50000001y9gY={!month(TODAY())}/{!day(TODAY())}/{!year(TODAY())}&save=1"><b>Approve</b></a></center>

Thanks

• August 21, 2009

Hi,

I have this formula which assign a students high school level. based on how many years thy have been in school.

CASE(YEAR(TODAY()) - High_School_Start_Date__c,1,"Freshman",2,"Sophmore",3,"Junior",4,"senior","NA")

I'd like to modify it so that it calculates it by September  of the current year instead of today. Does anyone have an idea on how to do that? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mark

I am creating a custom button.

Because the formula in the custom button wizard would not do a compound lookup (where we need to retreive a field of another record field like {!Renewal_Summary__c.Client__r.Folder_Location__c} ),

I created a new field of type formula that returns a field of a related object (Account__r.MyField__c)

This works fine if I include the new field in a page layout, but resolves to null if the field is not displayed.

Is this expected? No one ever wants to see this value displayed.

Is there a way to reference the Opportunity Owner Role using a formula field on an Opportunity?
  • April 30, 2009

Here's a seemingly easy formula that I can't tweak to make it do what I would like.

We would like the first letter of a Solution field, Solution Title, to be capitalized. I'm setting up a validation rule to require this. Here's the Error Condition Formula:

OR(
BEGINS (SolutionName, "a" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "b" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "c" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "d" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "e" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "f" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "g" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "h" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "i" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "j" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "k" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "l" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "m" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "n" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "o" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "p" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "q" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "r" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "s" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "t" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "u" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "v" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "w" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "x" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "y" ) ,
BEGINS (SolutionName, "z" )
)

(Please forgive the weird spacing at the end of the above lines. I had to put spaces there so the forum wouldn't think I was trying to insert a smilie.)

Seems very straitforward, and it does what I would like. If they enter "here is a solution," it's going to throw an error and require them to enter "Here is a solution."

BUT, there are certain Solution Titles that we would like to allow to be lowercase. We have certain products that intentionally begin with a lowercase letter (like the iPod or eCommerce, that kind of thing). If the user enters a Solution Title that begins "iPods are really neat," I don't want to to throw out an error.

Any ideas? I thought I could get around this by using the NOT function or another OR function, but that seems to REQUIRE it to be "iPod" or "eCommerce" or whatever term I'm trying to tell it is okay.

Thanks!

Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:35 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:36 AM
Message Edited by TGH on 04-22-2009 08:37 AM
  • April 22, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to do the following, your help would be much appreciated:

• I have a custom field in Product called Origin
  • I have created another custom field in Opportunity Product called Origin
  • When a Product is selected on an Opportunity, I would like to fill the second Origin field with the value of the Origin field from Product.

I have seen a possible solution using Workflows, however I do not feel this will be workable for the future. I would prefer to use a formula field, unless someone else has a better solution!

In a nutshell I want the various custom fields that I have created under Product to be available under Opportunity Product as well.

Anyone's swift help would be much appreciated! 

In a set of 3 fields, using validation rules, how can I make 2 required fields NOT required if there is something entered in the 3rd field?  They are all lookup fields.

THANKS! 

Hi,

SFDC lists WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM as the Custom Formula for calculating the Win-Loss percentage based on Record Count, but our percentage is very different if the Win-Loss percentage is based on the VALUE of opportunities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for building the Win-Loss percentage based on summarized opportunity values (i.e. VALUE of WON opportunities / VALUE of all opportunities).

I'm at a total loss and would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

Hi.

I am trying to convert a datetime value to milliseconds on a formula I making. Anyone has done it or any ideas? Much appreciate the help and thanks.