• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Folks,

I have an text area field on my Lead object and the field data is populated by a trigger.  I want to highlight some part of the string in bold. e.g:

Trigger.new[i].Description = '<b>'+'This is a test'+'</b>'; 

But the above statement does not  render the expected HTML text This is a test on the Description field. Rather the text is displayed with tags as such.

Any thoughts  ?? Your help is highly appreciated.

Message Edited by ARUNBLIKESCLOUD on 01-08-2010 07:44 AM

Folks,

I got my DEV 401 few months back. I am now planning to take up the DEV 501 exam. Though I've been working in Visualforce & apex for quite sometime, I don't have a clue on what is being tested in DEV 501. Couple of people to whom I have spoken recently are also in the same state. 

Hence, I am starting this thread so that people who have taken 501 atleast once, can share with us their experience and guide/hint us on the reference materials/topics that matter.

Lets help each other !!!

P.S: I also wanted to declare that this thread is not meant to post the exam questions as it will violate salesforce.com certification rights. This thread is solely meant to share the certification exam experiences and references.

Folks,

I have 200 assignment rule entries on my Lead object. Now I want to migrate them to different sandboxes. Looks like there is no automated way to do this either through ANT Migration or Eclipse tool. I am not able to figure out where(which object) does salesforce store these rule entries. It all looks grim because I may have to recreate all the 200 rule entries manually in other sandboxes.

If anyone know a better solution, please let me know. I would appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Folks,

Do anyone know how to migrate Queues (Leads, cases, etc) from one sandbox to another ? I am not seeing any provision to do so using the eclipse tool nor the ANT. Please help if you have any thoughts (I have a whopping 110 queues which I dont want to migrate manually).

Hello folks,

I am trying to just create a new Visualforce page from my dev org.; When I do setup -> develop -> pages, I get this error :

An internal server error has occurred An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 83936620-2158 (-607383883) 

And added to it, some visualforce pages work and some don't. Everything worked fine properly till last night but getting this error since today morning. Any hints would be helpful.

Thanks

Folks,

I am loading 5000 client records through dataloader. I have also configured an outbound message that will be sent to an external system on every client record insert/update.

Now I am confused as to what is the limit on the maximum outbound messages that can be queued up ? I get an error 'EXCEEDED_MAX_SIZE_REQUEST: size of unauthenticated request is too large' on all my outbound message's delivery status.

Any hints ?

Thanks.

Hello folks,

I have been participating in this forum for a while using my old names (aru4912 or arub82) ..both accounts are locked out and hence I am back with my new login.

I've been facing a weird behavior with respect to retURL during button override.

Use case: Edit Account button is overrided with a VF page. I am setting the retURL & cancelURL params and creating the page reference from the controller.

Issue: the override works fine from a normal flow. When I search for an account A using the standard salesforce search and then click on the 'Edit' button on the account A from the search result page, then I'm taken to the Account edit page. But after clicking 'save' , I lose the search results though I am taken back to the search page which now says a message: 'Error: Please enter a search string at least 2 characters long.'

I face this retURL or cancelURL issue only while returning back to search screen. Any hints folks ?

Regards,

A B

Folks,

I have an text area field on my Lead object and the field data is populated by a trigger.  I want to highlight some part of the string in bold. e.g:

Trigger.new[i].Description = '<b>'+'This is a test'+'</b>'; 

But the above statement does not  render the expected HTML text This is a test on the Description field. Rather the text is displayed with tags as such.

Any thoughts  ?? Your help is highly appreciated.

Message Edited by ARUNBLIKESCLOUD on 01-08-2010 07:44 AM

Hey

Periodically when running my batch process from a VisualForce page I get a "Read Timed Out" error.

I am not calling out to any external systems in my batch.

I have gotten this message from code that worked both before and after the problem batch, with no changes to the code in between.

Any explanation for this would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

• November 10, 2009

Folks,

I got my DEV 401 few months back. I am now planning to take up the DEV 501 exam. Though I've been working in Visualforce & apex for quite sometime, I don't have a clue on what is being tested in DEV 501. Couple of people to whom I have spoken recently are also in the same state. 

Hence, I am starting this thread so that people who have taken 501 atleast once, can share with us their experience and guide/hint us on the reference materials/topics that matter.

Lets help each other !!!

P.S: I also wanted to declare that this thread is not meant to post the exam questions as it will violate salesforce.com certification rights. This thread is solely meant to share the certification exam experiences and references.

Folks,

I have 200 assignment rule entries on my Lead object. Now I want to migrate them to different sandboxes. Looks like there is no automated way to do this either through ANT Migration or Eclipse tool. I am not able to figure out where(which object) does salesforce store these rule entries. It all looks grim because I may have to recreate all the 200 rule entries manually in other sandboxes.

If anyone know a better solution, please let me know. I would appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Folks,

Do anyone know how to migrate Queues (Leads, cases, etc) from one sandbox to another ? I am not seeing any provision to do so using the eclipse tool nor the ANT. Please help if you have any thoughts (I have a whopping 110 queues which I dont want to migrate manually).

Hi,

When I click on the Object Tab, the first list displayed will be the Object Recent layout, I would like to know how to modify this layout to add the desired fields (By default, there's only the Name column of this object).

Best regards

• August 31, 2009

Hello folks,

I am trying to just create a new Visualforce page from my dev org.; When I do setup -> develop -> pages, I get this error :

An internal server error has occurred An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 83936620-2158 (-607383883) 

And added to it, some visualforce pages work and some don't. Everything worked fine properly till last night but getting this error since today morning. Any hints would be helpful.

Thanks

Folks,

I am loading 5000 client records through dataloader. I have also configured an outbound message that will be sent to an external system on every client record insert/update.

Now I am confused as to what is the limit on the maximum outbound messages that can be queued up ? I get an error 'EXCEEDED_MAX_SIZE_REQUEST: size of unauthenticated request is too large' on all my outbound message's delivery status.

Any hints ?

Thanks.

Hello folks,

I have been participating in this forum for a while using my old names (aru4912 or arub82) ..both accounts are locked out and hence I am back with my new login.

I've been facing a weird behavior with respect to retURL during button override.

Use case: Edit Account button is overrided with a VF page. I am setting the retURL & cancelURL params and creating the page reference from the controller.

Issue: the override works fine from a normal flow. When I search for an account A using the standard salesforce search and then click on the 'Edit' button on the account A from the search result page, then I'm taken to the Account edit page. But after clicking 'save' , I lose the search results though I am taken back to the search page which now says a message: 'Error: Please enter a search string at least 2 characters long.'

I face this retURL or cancelURL issue only while returning back to search screen. Any hints folks ?

Regards,

A B

I have a customer detail page on which I have added a custom button. The custom button links to a VisualForce page in which I have specified a controller extension. There is a method which gets invoked, performs a Web Service Callout and updates the record. 

Everything works like a charm. 

I would like to enhance the custom detail page to add an error message from the remote server. 

Any suggestions on how I should go about?

Thanks in advance

J

in the custom controller, I have 

theId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/' + theID);

pageRef.setRedirect = true;

return pageRef;

Message Edited by ggaop on 05-04-2009 11:24 AM
  • May 04, 2009
 How can I expand a table row like this.

+  2233   XXX  XXX            XXXX       ..      XX-XX-XXXX  Partially Done

click on + sign gives

-  2233   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXXX    XYZ    XX-XX-XXXX   SUBMITTED

ABC                           APPROVED

DEF                          SUBMITTED

Also based on the value how can I set color for each row?