• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have been getting the following error in production whenever a time based workflow triggers an email alert.

The following error occurred:
Insufficient privileges to all elements of Approval Assignment Email Template
Unable to use the Approval Assignment Email Template to send approval notification. Access error: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

Details:
Object Type: Opportunity

Record: IPS

Workflow Rules attempted: Send Opportunity Expiration Notification New

Workflow Actions attempted: Design Registration Expiration

This happens when the current user's email address is partner portal user's email address. But this user has Read, Create and Edit access to Opportunity. I am not sure what is causing this problem.

Any suggestions on this is most welcome. Thanks.

Regards,
Aparna
  • September 24, 2012

Hi,

I am generating a sequence number using custom setting. This sequence number is required only for a particular type of record. So I chose custom setting. Actually I have a new problem now with the sequence number generation. Two of the records are having the same value. What I do is, I access the custom setting value when the user clicks on Save button, assign it to a field and then update the custom setting and save the record. What I thought was, since the custom setting  record access and updation will take only few milliseconds, unless and until the user clicks on Save at the same time, this wouldn't have been possible. Probably I am missing something. Can anyone please give me some pointers on this? Are there any alternate ways? Thanks a lot.

• December 05, 2011

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the From Email Id when sending an email to a Site user after he submits the application form? I guess in Email Administration, there is no provision to set the Organization Wide Email Id for a Guest User. For now, the From Address has my email Id when an email is sent. I have written the code for sending an email because I couldnt find a way to change the display name of the user in workflow. Atleast is there a way to change the From to another Sys Admin User?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Hi all,

Is it possible to send email alerts from just salesforce and not on behalf of Workflow user or change it to a user who is not a System Admin user? Because in email alert, From Email has only two options 'Current User's Email Address' and 'Default Workflow User's Email Address'. I dont want to get the email sent from any of the System Admins. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Is it possible to pass a parameter from one Site to another without having it appended as a querystring. The reason is I dont want the user to know that I am actually passing parameters. I want that to happen on click of commandButton. Actually, if we can have the same controller we can actually use the controller's member values. But if that is so, I cant make the site access another site and if I give the URL in action the controller gets instantiated again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the home tab in Sites? or atleast can we change its name? Or atleast change the tab color?? Many thanks.

Hi all,

I just created a new Site in my sandbox and made my visualforce page as Active Site Home Page. So when I opened the URL in a new window, the input text fields are not visible. Only the labels in my page are visible. I did the same in my developer account and I was able to view input text fields. Why is this so? Is that because of some permissions I have to enable. I have enabled the public user to create records. I have also compared it to my dev acct. I couldnt see any difference. Maybe I am missing on something. Any help is really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Hi all,

I have this requirement like I would want to differentiate between editing from the front-end and updating using the data loader. For normal editing I have a field set so that will help me achieve it. Why I am doing so is that I am going to change one field called as status, say from 'A' to 'B' when I am using my data loader to indicate that I have extracted those records. Update using data loader happens after extraction. But, when I use inline editing, the status changes from 'A' to 'B' and I don't want that. This inline editing comes in the VIEW.

I want to know if there is some way where in we can find the type of editing that takes place i.e.., if it is an inline editing or not.

Or If I could find this save button in the inline edit popup, I can write an s-control or so.

Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

• April 13, 2010

Hi all,

I am opening a new window on click of an image. That window after doing some logic sends back some value to the parent window. Actually, I am opening the popup window at three different places in the same page. What happens is I am able to open the window and pass some value back twice. But the third time when I try to open the popup window, IE hangs. Is this a problem with IE? Or do I have to clear some cache or something? I thought there might be some problem with image but then I tried with commandLink and it is the same.

Thanks in advance.

• February 03, 2010

Hi all,

Is it possible to customize the lookup window? I have a lookup to Contacts in my custom object. I would like to modify the fields that appears when you click on the new button in the lookup window. That is I would like to add my own custom fields that I have created in custom object to the lookup window. Is that possible? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

• February 02, 2010

Hi,

I have a bean in my process-conf.xml file which extracts data from my custom object. Now I want the filename into which the records have to be extracted to be such that I want the timestamp to be appended with it. Is it possible? Or do I have to call some java program to generate the filename. I am new to SFDC. Kindly help me on this.

Thanks a lot.

• January 06, 2010

Hi,

I had made a field mandatory in one of my custom objects. Now, I have removed the 'always require a value' condition. I dont have a problem whenever I create a new record. The problem comes only when I try to edit the record. It still is a mandatory field in the edit page. Kindly help me out.

Thanks.

• January 04, 2010

Hi,

Is there any way to update an object's field when we are exporting data using Apex Data Loader? I mean can we write any trigger or workflow to update the object's field? Or a trigger gets executed only during inserts/updates??

Thank you.

• December 23, 2009

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the From Email Id when sending an email to a Site user after he submits the application form? I guess in Email Administration, there is no provision to set the Organization Wide Email Id for a Guest User. For now, the From Address has my email Id when an email is sent. I have written the code for sending an email because I couldnt find a way to change the display name of the user in workflow. Atleast is there a way to change the From to another Sys Admin User?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the home tab in Sites? or atleast can we change its name? Or atleast change the tab color?? Many thanks.

Hi all,

I just created a new Site in my sandbox and made my visualforce page as Active Site Home Page. So when I opened the URL in a new window, the input text fields are not visible. Only the labels in my page are visible. I did the same in my developer account and I was able to view input text fields. Why is this so? Is that because of some permissions I have to enable. I have enabled the public user to create records. I have also compared it to my dev acct. I couldnt see any difference. Maybe I am missing on something. Any help is really appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Hi all,

I am getting weird errors when I try and do a repaint of an area of my Visualforce page, in response to an actionFunction. The whole page initially displays ok, so I know that all the necessary apex properties are visible and accessible.

When I execute my actionFunction (via onchange of a picklist) I do a couple of things
- update the value of the field back to SFDC immediately
- redraw a section of the page

The code is:

<apex:actionFunction action="{!resetStatus}" name="redraw" rerender="commandbuttons" >

</apex:actionFunction> 

When I do this via my sys admin user it works fine. When I do via my customer portal user, I get an Insufficient Privileges error.

What's weird is that the update definitely works, as if I go back and check SFDC the updated value is there. This means the page refresh isn't working properly.

Things I have tried:
- debug, but this shows up no notion of the error, only that the action function posts and runs my code (without error)
- customer portal profile - all apex classes and vf pages have been granted, as well as field level security

I am not quite sure what else I can look at. The redraw of the section of page doesn't put anything additional on the page that is not already accessed when the page first loads (successfully), so I'm a little confused what might be causing this.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi all,

Is it possible to customize the lookup window? I have a lookup to Contacts in my custom object. I would like to modify the fields that appears when you click on the new button in the lookup window. That is I would like to add my own custom fields that I have created in custom object to the lookup window. Is that possible? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

• February 02, 2010

Hi,

I had made a field mandatory in one of my custom objects. Now, I have removed the 'always require a value' condition. I dont have a problem whenever I create a new record. The problem comes only when I try to edit the record. It still is a mandatory field in the edit page. Kindly help me out.

Thanks.

• January 04, 2010
Has anyone found a way to look up a field other then "Name" on a custom object?

thanks,

Jon