• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there. 

We have 1 user who is having problems with related list. They are simply shown fully expanded rather than showing default 5 with option to expand. Other users with same profile are working correctly. I have also ruled out browsers / computers being the problem.

The user cant even filter / sort columns also which makes it even more awkward. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi there, I have a picklist with quite a few values. I need to let everyone see the values but only certain groups have permissions to select any of the values and tighten up access so that everyone else can only select a small amount. I did a similar thing with a checkbox ( IsPublishedInPublicKb = True) && (NOT(OR(Reviewed_By_User__r.Profile.LastModifiedBy.Username="username@email.com"))) but I dont appear to have a last modified for this picklist. any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Many Thanks Gavin

I would like to create a filed that returns the count for a soql query.

I thought I could intially put the soql query in the formula of a custom field however this is not the case.

Can anyone point me in the direction of setting this up?

Cheers

Hi there. I have done a search but so far have not seen much on this.

How could I hide a standard system field for portal users? I cannot remove it normally since it is a system field and therefore cannot apply record types, page layout, or field level security since the values cannot be modified. 

I therefore presume APEX code will be needed. With being new to apex code can anyone give me a few pointers with regards to the above. 

many thanks

G

Hi there.

We use the Partner Portal and thefore there are fields that we have shared out with our partners and some fields we have that are private or internal.

1st question. How can I modify fields by using css? 

2nd Question. Using Apex/Javascript how could I set all fields to display differently depending on a certain property of the field... Example if public highlight field green if private highlight red.

Any advise appreciated. 

Many Thanks

With regards to the option in new cases to "Send notification email to contact" is there a way to make this default checked? I see that you can individually save preferences for tasks to do this but cant see an option for cases.

Apex code? 

Cheers

hi Again :)

Is there a way with Apex code to change the display name of a standard system field?

or any other way people have done this .... CSS ???

Many Thanks.

Hi there.

I am wanting to setup a system in salesforce for IT support - similar to a helpdesk.

I was going to have 2 options. Intranet based form and also an email address. From looking at Web to Case and Email to Case I am fine with setting it up however with being newish to salesforce I am trying to work out the best way to split up "my" IT support requests with other cases.

I do not really want other users to see my IT workflow apart from my boss maybe and when I create reports. 

Has anyone implemented an IT helpdesk system in salesforce and would be willing to share some hints and tips?

Cheers

Hi there.

Very new to salesforce so apologies if this is a simple fix. Give me time :)

When viewing cases we have a custom field called days open.

What happens is when sorting by priority it then displays the days open field from Large > Small.

How can it be customised so that when sorting by priority it the sorts days open from Small > Large?

Cheers all

Hi there. 

We have 1 user who is having problems with related list. They are simply shown fully expanded rather than showing default 5 with option to expand. Other users with same profile are working correctly. I have also ruled out browsers / computers being the problem.

The user cant even filter / sort columns also which makes it even more awkward. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi there, I have a picklist with quite a few values. I need to let everyone see the values but only certain groups have permissions to select any of the values and tighten up access so that everyone else can only select a small amount. I did a similar thing with a checkbox ( IsPublishedInPublicKb = True) && (NOT(OR(Reviewed_By_User__r.Profile.LastModifiedBy.Username="username@email.com"))) but I dont appear to have a last modified for this picklist. any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Many Thanks Gavin

I would like to create a filed that returns the count for a soql query.

I thought I could intially put the soql query in the formula of a custom field however this is not the case.

Can anyone point me in the direction of setting this up?

Cheers

What is the difference setting a field read-only through profiles( I mean at the time of field creation ) vs on page layout? Is there any difference or just two different ways?

Thanks!

Hi,

I need the cases created from the web to case form to be create dwith a specific record type. I've tried changind the support settings to keep the record type of the user asigned to the case, an assignment rule thta assigns the case to a user with that record type as the defalut, but it didn't work. Is there something I need to add to the code? I'm not a developer so if you can help me with the code that would be great!

Thank you! 

Please can you let me know if it is possible for the login for Salesforce to be integrated with Active Directory (LDAP)?

Kind Regards,

Dave

With regards to the option in new cases to "Send notification email to contact" is there a way to make this default checked? I see that you can individually save preferences for tasks to do this but cant see an option for cases.

Apex code? 

Cheers

hi Again :)

Is there a way with Apex code to change the display name of a standard system field?

or any other way people have done this .... CSS ???

Many Thanks.

Hi there.

I am wanting to setup a system in salesforce for IT support - similar to a helpdesk.

I was going to have 2 options. Intranet based form and also an email address. From looking at Web to Case and Email to Case I am fine with setting it up however with being newish to salesforce I am trying to work out the best way to split up "my" IT support requests with other cases.

I do not really want other users to see my IT workflow apart from my boss maybe and when I create reports. 

Has anyone implemented an IT helpdesk system in salesforce and would be willing to share some hints and tips?

Cheers

Hi there.

Very new to salesforce so apologies if this is a simple fix. Give me time :)

When viewing cases we have a custom field called days open.

What happens is when sorting by priority it then displays the days open field from Large > Small.

How can it be customised so that when sorting by priority it the sorts days open from Small > Large?

Cheers all

This is my first APEX coding... and, I need a bit of help. 

I am trying to count the # of related records...

I'd then, like to make a field on the current record equal to this count.

The following seems to work well... except I don't know how to limit the select statement to where the related_id = the id of the current record.  How do I make the variable "sid" = the id on the current record on the object Students?  Also, do I need a "loop" -- if so, how would this look?

Many thanks!

trigger CountRelatedCallLogs on Student__c (before insert, before update) { Student__c[] s = Trigger.new; String sid = null; Sid = s.id; LIST <Student_Call_Log__c> log = [SELECT Id, Related_Student__c, Date__c, Note__c FROM Student_Call_Log__c clog WHERE Student_Call_Log__c.Related_Student__c = :sid ORDER BY Related_Student__c, Id DESC LIMIT 1000]; s[0].Call_Count__c = log.size (); s[0].Most_Recent_Call_Note__c = sid(); }

• January 19, 2010

I've got an Apex trigger that I'm attempting to bulkify to handle multiple records.  Essentially what I want to do is to update a custom Number field on my Campaign records, which is a count of a number of Lead records that have a particular status (Note: Lead Status, not Campaign Member status), any time a Lead record is updated.

I did a proof of concept for a single record, using the following trigger:

trigger leadTrigger1 on Lead(after insert, after update, after delete) { CampaignMember cm = [select CampaignId from CampaignMember where LeadId = :Trigger.new[0].Id limit 1]; Campaign c = [select Id, name, Wastage__c from Campaign where Id = :cm.CampaignId limit 1]; Integer count = [select count() from CampaignMember where CampaignId = :cm.CampaignId and Lead.Status = 'Closed - Not Converted']; System.Debug( 'count = ' + count ); c.Wastage__c = (Double)count; update(c); }

This works great for one record, but it doesn't take into consideration updates of multiple Lead records that are possibly associated with different campaigns.  I'm attempting to write something to the effect of:

trigger leadTrigger1 on Lead(after insert, after update, after delete) { System.Debug( 'leadTrigger1 fired!' ); Set<Id> leadIds = new Set<Id>(); for( Lead l : Trigger.old ) leadIds.add(l.Id); for( Lead l : Trigger.new ) leadIds.add(l.Id); CampaignMember [] cms = [select CampaignId from CampaignMember where LeadId in :leadIds]; Set<Id> cIds = new Set<Id>(); for( CampaignMember cm : cms ) cIds.add( cm.CampaignId ); Campaign [] cList = [select Id, name, Wastage__c from Campaign where Id in :cIds]; Map<Id, Integer> counts = new Map<Id, Integer> = Some SOQL query that will give me a map of Ids and the counts associated with those Ids. for( Campaign c : cList ) { c.Wastage__c = (Double)counts.get(c.Id); update(c); } }

But I'm not having any luck coming up with a SOQL query to give me a map of the Ids with the count.  Can this be done?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Max