• 155 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a contact Record type "Broker"  Insurance Industry changed the name to "producer"

I want to change both Record Type Label and Record Type Name to new record type.

if I change the record type name  will I loose any data? Does it effect validation rules and sharing rules?

Do I need to change any of my batch process code if I only change the label?

What is the best way to give customers their own personal login screen while providing custom information from a sql db that we manage. For instance, in commercial real estate, customers looking for 2 to 5 acres will be able to see property details that meet their criteria. Someone looking for 5 to 10 acres will see different information. New data will be fed to the customer weekly as we update our database. 

Hi All, 

I'm new on Sales Force.com, basically I've several Excel Files, and I want to import those files in order to create a new report, and then, a new panel.

Which is the right procedure to do that?

Because I'm only able to see info and wizards to import contact Info.

Thanks in advance & Regards.

Joan

• January 07, 2011

For example we have a Request object that has several fields, one of which is Absence Reason.  All fields in all records in this Request object should be visible to all users across the Org, with the exception of the Absence Reason field.  The Absence Reason field should be editable by anyone submitting a request, visible to the requester, visible to the manager of the requester, visible to an admin, but not visible to all other users in the org.  Please also consider that this is a custom application for which the existing role hierarchy is not suitable.

I'm stumped, so any help will be appreciated.  

I am an implementation consultant. A lot of my clients use the same custom fields because they are in the same vertical, is there a way for me to create an app or empty org with the custom fields and then download the fields into my clients org? I am getting tired of creating the same fields over and over again.

• December 16, 2010

We have a field in an object which is a picklist. we have created a clone of standard user profile called Modified standard user. So aprat from the SystemAdministrator can Modified Standard User be given the permission to insert the new elements in the picklist. Its not the record I am talking its element when we create a new picklist.

I here your suppose to use eclipse for development but with it constantly timing out while just trying to create a new project or trying to add components; How can it be a reliable product?

Is there a certain day / time to use it that would time out less?

Not sure why, but about 2 weeks ago (begining of dec 2010) the on SalesForce home page in mozila browser I noticed that the buttons for search and login went missing. I've since discover that this is not happing on other computer in the office, but is on mine. More annoying then anything else, since I know how to login without it. I'm using mozila 3.6.13
Has anyone else run into this?

Video of what I'm seeing on my screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRYGVt1NHY

I have several partners that will be accessing opportuities so I thought record types would do this since the partners need access to more then one record type and its not yet determined which partner will have access to which opportunity record type. The accounts will have opportunities of several record types.

On each of  the partners profiles the I choose the record types, however this only prevented them from adding the other record types. I wanted to prevent them from editing/ deleting the other record type as well. And would be nice to prevent them from seeing the other record types on the account as well. How can I control access by record type?

Other info: Also the opportunities and accounts are both master related to a custom object that is similar to product/asset, which I'd also like to use record types on in the same way. Think of the partners as selling different products that are installed on the account. So they are given the opportunity to sell products. But 2 partners may need to be replaced by 1 partner in the future. However, the partner will not be creating the opportunities or products, so they will need to be quickly given permission later when its determined who sell what. Is the master relationship interfering with the permissions?

I here your suppose to use eclipse for development but with it constantly timing out while just trying to create a new project or trying to add components; How can it be a reliable product?

Is there a certain day / time to use it that would time out less?

I have some pdfs which I'd like visitors to be able to download from my site.  I've zipped them up and included them in a static resources file and my code is:

<p><a href="{!URLFOR($Resource.attunes, 'pdfs/parts%20list_2.pdf')}">ALWSR parts list (pdf 12KB)</a></p>

But the pdfs never get downloaded. Is this possible - what am I doing wrong?

Can you make it so only a few people have the option to delete things in Salesforce? We are having a problem with users deleting things instead of updating statuses.

I have a contact Record type "Broker"  Insurance Industry changed the name to "producer"

I want to change both Record Type Label and Record Type Name to new record type.

if I change the record type name  will I loose any data? Does it effect validation rules and sharing rules?

Do I need to change any of my batch process code if I only change the label?

What is the best way to give customers their own personal login screen while providing custom information from a sql db that we manage. For instance, in commercial real estate, customers looking for 2 to 5 acres will be able to see property details that meet their criteria. Someone looking for 5 to 10 acres will see different information. New data will be fed to the customer weekly as we update our database. 

Hi,

I have no idea about how to program anything, but thought I'd give this a try.  I use Salesforce to log account information.  I'd like to setup a Homepage for each individual user.  The idea is this: when a user logs in, they can then enter required information into a layout that I will design (mainly text).  This will be their own information and indepedant from the other users.  I would be able to oversee everyones's homepage.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks, Scott

Hi All, 

I'm new on Sales Force.com, basically I've several Excel Files, and I want to import those files in order to create a new report, and then, a new panel.

Which is the right procedure to do that?

Because I'm only able to see info and wizards to import contact Info.

Thanks in advance & Regards.

Joan

• January 07, 2011

Only a few of my users needs to have the unlimited version. Some need to have professional. Can i mix the two in the same organisation?

For example we have a Request object that has several fields, one of which is Absence Reason.  All fields in all records in this Request object should be visible to all users across the Org, with the exception of the Absence Reason field.  The Absence Reason field should be editable by anyone submitting a request, visible to the requester, visible to the manager of the requester, visible to an admin, but not visible to all other users in the org.  Please also consider that this is a custom application for which the existing role hierarchy is not suitable.

I'm stumped, so any help will be appreciated.  

I am an implementation consultant. A lot of my clients use the same custom fields because they are in the same vertical, is there a way for me to create an app or empty org with the custom fields and then download the fields into my clients org? I am getting tired of creating the same fields over and over again.

• December 16, 2010

We have a field in an object which is a picklist. we have created a clone of standard user profile called Modified standard user. So aprat from the SystemAdministrator can Modified Standard User be given the permission to insert the new elements in the picklist. Its not the record I am talking its element when we create a new picklist.

We are currently trying to implement the Opportunities-object in our SFDC environnement. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be as easy as we expected, so we can certainly use some help from more experienced Salesforce users.

Our company is active in the construction sector (we are a supplier of aluminium profiles for doors and windows).

We've got 2 sorts of accounts: fabricators (=direct customers) and building deciders (=architects, general contractors, building owners)

For our company, an opportunity is considered as any kind of building project (school, hospital, flats,...).

One opportunity is linked to multiple accounts (just like one account can also be involved in multiple projects).

--> Each opportunity has a link to the 3 building deciders + each opportunity is linked to several (possible) fabricators. In the end there is however only 1 fabricator who books the project and places an order with us.

Our 2 major problems are:

- at the start of the project we do not know which account (customer) eventually will get the project, so the "account name"-field on the opportunity page layout can not be filled in (we should find some workaround for this)

- tasks/events related to the the opportunity should be linked to or one of the accounts or one of the building deciders. Now opportunity-related events/tasks are linked to the account filled in in the "account name" field.

Your opinions and suggestions for implementing Opportunities in our organisation are more than welcome.

Best regards.