• 5 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to create a formula that will define where an order is in our process and I'm going in circles!  I need to evaluate 2 different custom fields and depending on the results, that will define where it is in the process.  

If the Order Packet Sent to OTR field is blank and the Approved for Booking Date is blank, then the field should say "In SMO".  

If the Order Packet Sent to OTR field is not blank and the Approved for Booking Date is blank, then the field should say "In OTR".  

If neither of these evaluates to true, then the field should say "Complete".  

I can write the individual expressions, but I can't figure out how to tie them together into a single formula.  Any help is appreciated!  

Below is my chicken scratch as I've tried to work through it, if that helps.  

AND( ISBLANK(Order_Packet_sent_to_OTR__c ), ISBLANK(  Approved_for_Booking_Date__c )) = "In SMO"

AND(NOT(( ISBLANK(Order_Packet_sent_to_OTR__c ), ISBLANK(  Approved_for_Booking_Date__c )) = "In OTR"

ELSE = "Completed"

I'm going around in circles trying to find a way to do this, and thought I'd come to the community for some help.  

Here's what I'm trying to do:  We're trying to evaluate the success of our RFP's as a marketing tool and need to determine if an opportunity advances to the next stage after an RFP is submitted.  We have a custom object that we use to track our RFP's and I've got a field that reads the current probability of an opportunity and translates that to yes/no/pending.  That part works fine.  The problem comes when we have an opportunity that is lost.  I can't seem to find a way to determine if the probability advanced before it was changed to 0 or not.  

So, I added a hidden field on the opportunity to try to capture this information but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.  I want to know the prior value of the probability field when someone changes it to Closed Lost / 0% probability.  What I did was create workflow with a field update like this:  

EVERY TIME A RECORD IS CREATED OR EDITED

CRITERIA:  PROBABILITY % NOT EQUAL TO 0

I don't want this to fire if they make edits after the deal is marked lost/probability = 0, because then the prior value would be 0, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.  What I hope this says is that the workflow should fire and update the field every time the opportunity is edited UNLESS the probability is already 0%.  

When the workflow fires, my custom field should update to the result of the following formula:  

IF(  Probability  = 0, PRIORVALUE(Probability), Probability)

What I'm trying to capture is that if the probability is changed 0, then my custom field will be updated with the prior value.  If the probability is not equal to 0 then my custom field will be updated with the current probability.  

However, when I try it out, all I get is 0 for a result, so obviously I've done something wrong.  Can anyone help?  

I've had a very reasonable request from a group of my users and I can't figure out a simple way to give them what they're asking for.  

They use "Cases" to track requests from our field sales for approve the configuration of a quote before it goes to a customer.  Sometimes there are several versions of a quote, either because the  group approving the configuration suggests changes or because the customer changes requirements (or both).  We can end up with several attachments and no easy way for our contracting/post sales processing group to determine which is the quote that was approved.  

So, there are a couple of things I'm trying to do.  I'd like to be able to add a field so that we can track if the quote configuration has been approved or not for each individual attachment (checkbox, picklist, something like that).  

If we can't add a field, I'd like to have the group doing the approvals to put the word "APPROVED" in the description field for the attachment, and be able to show that field either on the related list of the record (ideal) or when looking at the "View All" screen.  

I haven't been able to find a way to either customize the attachment detail page or customize the related list or customize the view all page.  Any ideas?  Or another idea for how we can easily see which attachment is the approved quote?  

Is there any way to specify the time zone of a public calendar?  I've created a public calendar to track all customer meetings at our largest tradeshow of the year, however I want to make sure that meetings are all scheduled for Central Time and not for each individual person's time zone.  Is there a way to default any entries on a particular calendar or of a particular record type (we have a separate record type for these appointments so accommodate a different page layout)?  

ETA:  was able to create a link in the sidebar, but now we're trying to find a way to get the calendar to always open to a specific week.  Suggestions?  

I have a custom object that we use to track our business from order through payment.  Part of that tracking includes what items are shipping, in what quantity and at what price.  I'd like to use the same functionality as our sales team uses on the opportunities - ADD PRODUCTS.  That works exactly as I need this to work, with a list of all products, the ability to select the relevant ones, enter a quantity, an extended price and track any comments as well.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get that functionality on a custom object.  

I considered using a different opportunity record type, but that won't work for a variety of reasons.  

So, is there a way to put the "Add Products" functions on a custom object?

• September 23, 2010

Is there a way to capture the date a field is changed?  

What I'm actually trying to do is calculate how many days from from the time a lead is created until the Lead Status is changed (doesn't matter what it's changed to, just that it's changed).  I'm hitting a wall trying to figure out how to do that, so I thought I could just capture the date the change happens, then its easy enough to write a formula subtracting that from the created date.  

I thought it would be straight forward, but I'm completely stumped.  Any help would be appreciated!

• September 17, 2010

My organization is excited to start using Content, but I'm concerned about hitting storage limits really quickly.  I'd like to be able to use the "Do you want to link to a website" function to point to an internal server rather than an external website.  Is this possible?  

I need to create a report that shows activities (events and tasks, open and completed) as well as some information from the opportunity and the related account (if the activity is associated with an opportunity).  I also need the report to show activities that are NOT associated with an opportunity (ones that are associated with an account, lead, contact or "personal" activities that aren't associated with any other record).  Is there any way to do this?  

A report from Activities with Opportunities has all the fields I need, but it only includes activities that are associated with opportunities (obviously), so I only get a subset of the data I need.  A simple activity report doesn't include the additional fields I need to report on (opportunity amount, opportunity owner, account owner, etc).  

Any ideas?  Or is it just not possible to add the additional fields if I want to show all activities?  

Is it possible to access Salesforce CRM Content via the Excel Connector?  I believe I've downloaded the most recent version of the connector, but I can't seem to find the table for Content.  Am I missing something or is this not possible?  

-- Sherri

I need to create a formula that determines if an opportunity is forcasted or not.  An opportunity would be considered forecasted if the close date is this month AND the probability is 70% or greater OR the close date is next month or the month after AND the probability is 50% or greater.  One of these days I'll get better at writing formulas (and I really am trying!) but until then any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Here's what I've got so far but I'm still getting the dreaded syntax errors:  

IF(
OR(
AND(CloseDate =MONTH(Today()),  Probability >=70)
AND(
OR(CloseDate= (Month(Today())+1), (CloseDate=(Month(Today())+2)),
Probability>=50))
"Forecast", null)))

IF(

OR(

AND(CloseDate =MONTH(Today()),  Probability >=70)

AND(

OR(CloseDate= (Month(Today())+1), (CloseDate=(Month(Today())+2)),

Probability>=50))

"Forecast", null)))

I need to create some roll up summary fields to replace some of the standard ones on campaigns and I'm stumped.  

The standard fields for "Total Value Opportunities" and "Total Value Won Opportunities" reference the "Amount" field on the opportunity and we don't use that field for all of our opportunity types.  So, currently, those fields only show a portion of the potential and actual $$ generated by the campaign.  I have a field on the opportunity (total amount) that gives a value for the opportunity regardless of whether the standard "Amount" field is used or one of our custom "amount" fields is used, but I can't find a way to access it.  

The standard fields aren't editable, and I can't see what they're doing in order to mimic it but point it to our "total amount" field instead of the standard "amount" field.  I can create reports that show this easily enough but some of our management users are more likely to look directly at the campaign and not run a report, so they end up with incorrect information.  

Am I going at this the wrong way?  Or is there something that I'm missing?  Any suggestions on how I can do this?  

We just upgraded our entire sales organization from Notes 6.5 to Notes 8.5.  We waited until there was a version of Connect for Lotus Notes that worked with this version of notes.  Users are experiencing severe performance issues in Notes when Connect is installed - delays opening email, flickering hour glass for extended periods of time, and overall slow performance.  When the connector is uninstalled performance improves significantly, so it seems that the plug in is the cause of the issues.  

Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?  A setting I should check?  SF tech support suggested uninstalling Lotus Notes (yeah, that's helpful) and could offer no further assistance.   I have very unhappy end users!

I need to create a report that shows activities (events and tasks, open and completed) as well as some information from the opportunity and the related account (if the activity is associated with an opportunity).  I also need the report to show activities that are NOT associated with an opportunity (ones that are associated with an account, lead, contact or "personal" activities that aren't associated with any other record).  Is there any way to do this?  

A report from Activities with Opportunities has all the fields I need, but it only includes activities that are associated with opportunities (obviously), so I only get a subset of the data I need.  A simple activity report doesn't include the additional fields I need to report on (opportunity amount, opportunity owner, account owner, etc).  

Any ideas?  Or is it just not possible to add the additional fields if I want to show all activities?  

I'm trying to create a formula that will define where an order is in our process and I'm going in circles!  I need to evaluate 2 different custom fields and depending on the results, that will define where it is in the process.  

If the Order Packet Sent to OTR field is blank and the Approved for Booking Date is blank, then the field should say "In SMO".  

If the Order Packet Sent to OTR field is not blank and the Approved for Booking Date is blank, then the field should say "In OTR".  

If neither of these evaluates to true, then the field should say "Complete".  

I can write the individual expressions, but I can't figure out how to tie them together into a single formula.  Any help is appreciated!  

Below is my chicken scratch as I've tried to work through it, if that helps.  

AND( ISBLANK(Order_Packet_sent_to_OTR__c ), ISBLANK(  Approved_for_Booking_Date__c )) = "In SMO"

AND(NOT(( ISBLANK(Order_Packet_sent_to_OTR__c ), ISBLANK(  Approved_for_Booking_Date__c )) = "In OTR"

ELSE = "Completed"

Greetings.  I was wondering if it is possible to display fields from Opportunities in a custom object I created.  I posted here on DevForce because I'm not a developer but have a feeling formulas may be involved?  But not sure.  Any insight will be appreciated.

• February 18, 2011

Hi

I can no longer edit the HTML frame when creating or editing email templates, this only happens with Chrome, only started happening in the last few day, previously been working. 

Anyone else comeacross this, it works fine in firefox ??

I'm going around in circles trying to find a way to do this, and thought I'd come to the community for some help.  

Here's what I'm trying to do:  We're trying to evaluate the success of our RFP's as a marketing tool and need to determine if an opportunity advances to the next stage after an RFP is submitted.  We have a custom object that we use to track our RFP's and I've got a field that reads the current probability of an opportunity and translates that to yes/no/pending.  That part works fine.  The problem comes when we have an opportunity that is lost.  I can't seem to find a way to determine if the probability advanced before it was changed to 0 or not.  

So, I added a hidden field on the opportunity to try to capture this information but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.  I want to know the prior value of the probability field when someone changes it to Closed Lost / 0% probability.  What I did was create workflow with a field update like this:  

EVERY TIME A RECORD IS CREATED OR EDITED

CRITERIA:  PROBABILITY % NOT EQUAL TO 0

I don't want this to fire if they make edits after the deal is marked lost/probability = 0, because then the prior value would be 0, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.  What I hope this says is that the workflow should fire and update the field every time the opportunity is edited UNLESS the probability is already 0%.  

When the workflow fires, my custom field should update to the result of the following formula:  

IF(  Probability  = 0, PRIORVALUE(Probability), Probability)

What I'm trying to capture is that if the probability is changed 0, then my custom field will be updated with the prior value.  If the probability is not equal to 0 then my custom field will be updated with the current probability.  

However, when I try it out, all I get is 0 for a result, so obviously I've done something wrong.  Can anyone help?  

I would like to send an email alert to the task owner if the task is not completed 5 days after due date.

Rule criteria = Task: Status not equal to Completed

Time trigger = 5 days after Due Date

When trying to add the workflow action, I don't have the possibility to choose email alert..

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

We just rolled out the Content App in salesforce.  I was wondering if anyone had best practices around when to use a content pack vs creating a workspace.

From what I gather, both are collections of documents, but content packs can belong to workspaces.

Is the only benefit of workspaces the security aspect?  So I can restrict access to content by putting it into a workspace?

Am I better off in the long run doing that?

Any thoughts/comments are welcome.

Thanks

I am looking to have a field in my contacts that is directly tied to a field in its related account.  For example if John Smith works at Company A and Company A has an account type that equals ‘client’, I would like John to also have a field labeled account type that automatically updates depending on what I change in Company A.  In this way, if Company A is no longer a client and I change its account type to ‘suspect’ I would like John’s account type to change to suspect as well.  Thanks!

• September 30, 2010

Can someone please clarify how the sidebar search in Content in designed to work? the only thing I know for sure is wildcard searches are not supported. 

We've just rolled out Content in one of our business units and in the few test searches I've entered, it's very unclear as to the component it searches, i.e does it search title or description or the content itself and in which order.

It also looks like there are requirements as to how the keyword should be entered?

• September 27, 2010

I have a custom object that we use to track our business from order through payment.  Part of that tracking includes what items are shipping, in what quantity and at what price.  I'd like to use the same functionality as our sales team uses on the opportunities - ADD PRODUCTS.  That works exactly as I need this to work, with a list of all products, the ability to select the relevant ones, enter a quantity, an extended price and track any comments as well.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get that functionality on a custom object.  

I considered using a different opportunity record type, but that won't work for a variety of reasons.  

So, is there a way to put the "Add Products" functions on a custom object?

• September 23, 2010

Is there a way to capture the date a field is changed?  

What I'm actually trying to do is calculate how many days from from the time a lead is created until the Lead Status is changed (doesn't matter what it's changed to, just that it's changed).  I'm hitting a wall trying to figure out how to do that, so I thought I could just capture the date the change happens, then its easy enough to write a formula subtracting that from the created date.  

I thought it would be straight forward, but I'm completely stumped.  Any help would be appreciated!

• September 17, 2010

My organization is excited to start using Content, but I'm concerned about hitting storage limits really quickly.  I'd like to be able to use the "Do you want to link to a website" function to point to an internal server rather than an external website.  Is this possible?  

When trying to get a printable view of our reports, we get the following error message:

We are using Excel 2007 and the report is saved in Excel 2003 (as there is not the option to choose Excel 2007 format), so I guess it has something to do with that.

Afterwards, when trying to save the report, we get the following message:

Then, when saved, a new map (with the same name as the report itself) gets automatically created..

Anyone knows how I can fix this problem so I don't get these error messages anymore?

Thanks in advance!

How do I take a field from a lead and transfer it to the Account  like the phone # or description does?
Thank you

Alex

C.

• August 17, 2010