• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anybody out there know if  Salesforce Knowledge search indexes attachment metadata? Such as PDF keywords and custom properties? Users sometimes use those to improve search-ability. In my experience so far, Salesforce Knowledge is not indexing metadata correctly. Expected? 

Anybody hear about any roadmap information for tasks/activities and triggers for Salesforce Knowledge? These two missing items, in particular, severly hamper the customizability/flexibility of the system.

One other item is the ability to not just track the number of views, but also who has viewed articles. Is this on the roadmap?

Thanks!

Wasn't able to get a 100% answer to this searching documentation. The implication is "no" for the first question, and "yes" for the second, but Im wondering if anybody out there knows the answers for sure:

1- Is there anything special that needs to happen when the trialforce master org has multiple managed packages installed?

2 - If multiple packages are ok, is every managed package in the trialforce master org required to pass security review, even if we don't plan to drive trials through appexchange?

Hmmmm....wondering if anybody out there has dealt with this. I'm spinning up a Trialforce Master Org for multiple managed packages, getting a success page testing the signup form, but ultimately getting an email indicating an unspecified temporary error:

We appreciate your interest in signing up for a free salesforce.com trial. However, your signup was not completed due to temporary technical reasons.  Our team has been notified of the problem and is working to resolve it. 

Everything is in place per instructions here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Trialforce

Anybody ever seen this cryptic one? It's not so temporary, is what I found :)

So here I am trying to enjoy a nice sat with my kids. And I get a call. Apparently, Sp12 has murdered the service cloud console API. All versions from what we can tell. even old ones. that should be backwards supported/compatible/whatever. Tried salesforce example code from page 7 of:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/api_console.pdf

No love (by the way you should really use showheader=false and sidebar=false). JS error:

"Uncaught ReferenceError: Sfdc is not defined" in integration.js.  

The cloud and I aren't on speaking terms. Maybe we should see other people.........or cumulus formations.......whatever......

I could have sworn I heard or saw this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything on it. Does anybody out there know if knowledge search results are weighted based on analytics? That is, if articles that are linked to more cases or have higher ratings are floated more towards the top of results. Some details on this would be awesome. I seem to recall this was going into pilot, or perhaps it's already live, but there's just no documentation I can find on it.

Thanks!

SFDC currently allows templates to send articles related to a Case as PDF attachments on the email {!Case.Articles_as_PDFs}, has anybody ever found OOB options for sending the actual *contents* of the related Knowledge articles in the body of the email itself?

Solutions has that functionality: {!Case.Solution_Subject_and_Description}

Anybody have the final word on what binary types are indexed for Knowledge attachments? I tested Word docs and PDFs. Things seem to work for Word docs just fine, but not PDFs. According to this, both should work:

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000BrJlAAK

A definitive list of what's supported would be nice. The documentation is somewhat ambiguous:

"Text content in a File field attachment is searchable."

I have a Case that SFDC Support has been working on for a while on this, but thought I'd throw it out here to see if anybody has run into something similar.

We are using SOQL to fetch a count of all Case Ids (unique) that have Knowledge Article linked via OOB SFDC functionality, but grouped by whomever created the article:

Select COUNT_DISTINCT(Case.Id), c.KnowledgeArticle.CreatedById From CaseArticle c where c.Case.isClosed = true group by c.KnowledgeArticle.CreatedById Limit 10000 

Curiously, we are seeing this return a grouping in debug logs like so, where it implies there are linked knowledge articles that were created by nobody:

AggregateResult:{expr0=12, CreatedById=null} 

Of course, we've run through the standard troubleshooting steps of trying different API versions, trying it in System Log, etc with the same results. Also, if we directly select all Knowledge Articles, there are none that have a CreatedById == null. Curious. What's more odd is that certain pods/orgs may also behave differently. We have an org on na8 where we only get back results like above (selecting knowledge articles via CaseArticle object always gives createdbyid == null). Other orgs on na3 return a few groupings that are correct, but still have a handful of linked articles that look like CreatedById == null.

Anybody else feel my pain out there?

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but the moment I try to rerender a chatter feed component on a completely custom visualforce page, it loses the ability to rerender its own feed stream when I add a feed item directly from that page. It's as if the rerender I fired off breaks the rerender used in chatter components themselves. The feed items I share do take affect, though. They show after I refresh the entire page. 

Has anybody seen this and/or found a workaround yet?

<apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="test">
	<apex:form >
		<apex:actionFunction name="saveStay" action="{!save}" rerender="test"/>				
		<apex:inputField value="{!case.status}"/>
		<a href="javascript&colon; saveStay();">test</a> 
	</apex:form>

<apex:outputPanel id="test">
		<chatter:feedWithFollowers entityId="{!Case.Id}"/>
	</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>

Anybody out there know if  Salesforce Knowledge search indexes attachment metadata? Such as PDF keywords and custom properties? Users sometimes use those to improve search-ability. In my experience so far, Salesforce Knowledge is not indexing metadata correctly. Expected? 

Wasn't able to get a 100% answer to this searching documentation. The implication is "no" for the first question, and "yes" for the second, but Im wondering if anybody out there knows the answers for sure:

1- Is there anything special that needs to happen when the trialforce master org has multiple managed packages installed?

2 - If multiple packages are ok, is every managed package in the trialforce master org required to pass security review, even if we don't plan to drive trials through appexchange?

I had an issue with the button,I had a user whose profile is partner,if the profile is partner then i need to "enable as partner portal"on the contact associated with that user.\

Here Enable as partner portal is standard button of salesforce.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks

Praka

So here I am trying to enjoy a nice sat with my kids. And I get a call. Apparently, Sp12 has murdered the service cloud console API. All versions from what we can tell. even old ones. that should be backwards supported/compatible/whatever. Tried salesforce example code from page 7 of:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/api_console.pdf

No love (by the way you should really use showheader=false and sidebar=false). JS error:

"Uncaught ReferenceError: Sfdc is not defined" in integration.js.  

The cloud and I aren't on speaking terms. Maybe we should see other people.........or cumulus formations.......whatever......

I could have sworn I heard or saw this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything on it. Does anybody out there know if knowledge search results are weighted based on analytics? That is, if articles that are linked to more cases or have higher ratings are floated more towards the top of results. Some details on this would be awesome. I seem to recall this was going into pilot, or perhaps it's already live, but there's just no documentation I can find on it.

Thanks!

Anybody have the final word on what binary types are indexed for Knowledge attachments? I tested Word docs and PDFs. Things seem to work for Word docs just fine, but not PDFs. According to this, both should work:

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000BrJlAAK

A definitive list of what's supported would be nice. The documentation is somewhat ambiguous:

"Text content in a File field attachment is searchable."

Hello,

Is there a way to programmatically publish or unpublish a Knowledge Article?  I don't see anything in the API documentation where this is possible.  If not, is this planned for a future release?

Thanks,

jh

I posted this problem on Sunday but with little response, so I am trying again now that it's the middle of the week.

Here is the original post

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/error-creating-a-Person-Account-in-a-custom-controller/td-p/248719

I am trying to create a new Account object which is a person account, however no matter what I try, I keep getting the error

Record Type ID: value not valid for the entity: PersonAccount, if I use a default constructor

or

Record Type ID: value not valid for the entity: Account, if I set the record type id in the constructor.

All of my profiles have the person account record type enabled, at least when I click on the record type assignments they are all listed as set to person account and person account is the default record type. I am working in DE as the system admin. I tried adding the Business Account record type to admin, and even tried setting it to default and then ran the code with a default constructor. No change.

I am going out of my mind, as I can't seem to locate the problem and can't progress. Not to mention there seems to be relatively little documentation and examples on using person accounts, especially in apex.

• February 22, 2011

I want to upload a file using a pure HTML form, i.e. No Visual force but instead of gettign the file data as a Blob I just get a reference to the file as:

/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1433903752.tmp   is there any API call we can use to convert that into an blob or attachment

This is my HTML

<form id="myForm1" action="fileTest" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
       <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="100000" />

File: <input type="file" name="file" />
   <input type="submit" value="Submit" />

</form>

This my apex

public fileTest()
    {
        Map<String, String> m = System.currentPageReference().getParameters();
        for(string key : m.keySet())
        {
              System.debug('============= key ='+ key  + ':'+     System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get(key));

}

}

I get back the file name, file content type, but not the file binary data just a internal folder/file path such as /home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1433903752.tmp    is there any hooks I can use to covert that into a Blob?

Yes I do know I can use Visualforce to do this and save directly to an Attachment or Document. But I do not want to do this.

• July 30, 2010

Hi, 

Does anybody has an idea on how to create the whole Approval Process by Apex? I don't mean the Approval request by Apex, I saw few examples of the Approval request by Apex, but they are only effective when the Approval Process for a particular object is already defined. 

Any advice will be appreciated. 

Regards, 

• April 15, 2010

Hi,

I'm posting into a VisualForce Page a form which contains binary data. I am looking through the parameters returned and have seen these values:

RemoteFile:/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1981773126.tmp RemoteFile.content-type:application/octet-stream RemoteFile.file:/home/sfdc/salesforce/sfdc/jsp/form/form1981773126.tmp RemoteFile.filename:7463.jpg

Does anybody know what the entries for RemoteFile and RemoteFile.file mean? (filename is the name of the file I posted.)

Has anybody tried to access these values before? I have tried to use the URL by copying and pasting into my browser but get the url no longer exists message.

Is there a way to directly access the request object then posted the data to the page?

Thanks for any help.

R.

any reason why the assignment rules won't trigger for new cases in this trigger:

trigger WebCaseAssign on Case (before insert) {
    integer i = 0;

for (Case theCase:trigger.new) {
        if(theCase.Origin == 'Web') {
            Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
            dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
            theCase.setOptions(dmo);   
        }

i++;       
    }

}

I assume it's related to this issue/bug with Salesforce:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=10690

Message Edited by jduhls on 04-22-2009 11:31 AM
  • April 22, 2009