• Admin/Analyst
  • Securitas

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Looking for any advise on this one I posted to the Desk group of chatter.

Ed (Customer Support) replied to your question at 6:52 PM on 6/15/2017.

Original question:
Hi Community,  I have an interview with a B2C company next week and was hoping for any insight on integrating ringcentral with desk.com and then integrating desk with the sales cloud.  They do not have the service cloud, but apparnetly are struggling due to what appears to be 6 platforms running on duel screens for each support rep.  Sounds like a mad house and I am hopeful to help them integrate and automate much of their business process.  Any tips would be great.  I have downloaded and read three times the desk.com guide and feel that it is easy enough to play with but I have concerns about API call limits on the ringcentral integration.  I think they are on EE if that helps.  I dont know their call volume yet.  Thanks in advance for any suggested reading or video views.

Reply:
Hi Matthew,

May I also suggest posting your query on the Developer forums so that developers who may have had experiencing with the said integration may give you some insights regarding the matter:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=RECENT&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/

Thanks!
I am having trouble with what I am to do with this trailhead module.  I am at this stage and have installed lightning component quickcontact.
I am not a dev so this is hard for me.

Create a Lightning Action
To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
The Lightning component must be named quickContact. (Does this name need to include the capital C in contact? It is loaded as all lowercase) 
Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.) What does this mean?  Is this referring to editing the code?
Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
Add the action to the Account Layout page layout.
Having trouble installing your app? Read this article for help.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • April 12, 2017
I am having trouble with what I am to do with this trailhead module.  I am at this stage and have installed lightning component quickcontact.

To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
The Lightning component must be named quickContact. (Does this name need to include the capital C in contact? It is loaded as all lowercase) 
Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.) What does this mean?  Is this referring to editing the code?
Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
  • April 12, 2017

• April 12, 2017
When checking the challenge I get this message:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: BEDOVIZO

What exactly is causing this error?
Trailhead seems to not be working well today.  It isn't recording my completed challenges and now is saying that I need to log in, but then won't let me do so.  Any idea?

Hey community,

I'm struggling with the logic of the task...

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.

A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.

The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Here is what I got so far:

AND(
 NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)),
 MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode )

I THINK I know how to see if the contact mailing zip is not the same as the account shipping zip, and only if the is not blank.

The part I am stuck on is if the "Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MaiilingPostalCode value"...

I don't know what to do with that.

Also, I am now getting the error message when I recheck challenge:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code: [] 

Double help, please.

I have office 2007, I installed the new outlook integration and I have the toolbar. Most of the features are working well (for example - the emails sync and contacts) but when I sync events I get an error: "Some errors have occurred, please review them" and instead of the button Cancel I have a button Done. I don't see any errors. It's just get stuck until I click the Done button and the window disappears, no sync is done.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

• February 10, 2008

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.