• 3386 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
i have added a section on my Opportunity standard page. In that section I added a vf page. Now when i see the console i found that whole code of my vf page is inside an iframe . I want to access the outer elements of this iframe from inner elements of my vf page. Basically i need to access elements of standard page through my vf page.
It gives me this error : Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "https://c.na15.visual.force.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://na15.salesforce.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

Please Help me .
I upserted 150 records wiith salesforce data loader. The batch size was set as 200.A single record in that 150 records failed to upload but the error was shown for all the 150 and none of the record was upserted,but in a seperate incident the data loader upserted 149 records and showed error for only that one record. What is this behaviour of data loader and how can it be changed ?
Hi...
I have a Developer Edition. I am using it for over a month and it is not over yet. How come?
Is there a way to use SF FREE?

What is the best version and the price to develop applications, making maintenance and publish them on the AppExchange?

Thank you,
Hi,

I am being asked to find out how long does salesforce store notes and attachments, Is it a case of lifetime till we have our org or a n number of years?

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Ta
Vish
Hello!

It's possible to pass a valueof the method in page 1 to INPUT TEXT page 2.

I dont have sucess!!!!

Help me please!!!!
Any body worked on this tool integration with SFDC.
Hi,
How can i create a one to many relationship between a campaign and campaign members? The setup is as follows: whenever a lead or contact is added to a campaign, it is considered a campaign member. I want to be able to check if a particular lead or contact is a campaign member already. If not, then I want to make it a campaign member of a campaign when a certain criteria is met.

how can I do this in an apex class/trigger?
I am new to Visual Flow and have just started learning what and how.

In a record, I have to populate three lookup fields using Flow and before I end up in a final screen, if all the lookups are successfully populated, I have to approve that record else I have to send an error email to the record owner.

I have managed only upto populating the three lookups and now trying to find a way to accomplish the approval process through Flow without any manual intervention.

Thank you.
Hi All,

We would like to deactivate one user and want to assign another active user in all the email alerts,assignment rules associated with him.

1.We want to achieve it in a custom way.Because if there are 100 email alerts associated with the user we want to deactivate, manually it will take a lot of time.
2.Do we have any object from which we can get the data of email alerts,assignment rules related to a user?

Overall any idea related to deactivating a user succesfully and assign all its assignment rules and email alerts to other active users are welcome.

Thanks,
  • June 03, 2014
Hi ,
I am trying to show some notification for unread private message in a VF page of Community Site.
In standard chatter page it used to notify the number of unread mails side by Messages link.

I did some search regarding this but didn't get clear idea how to achieve this.
Please suggest some ideas how I can know that a user has some unread private messages or how I can show similar functionality as of standard chatter page in VF page.

Thanks
Arabinda
For instance, if I want to add the contents of 4 numerica fields on an object, I could create a formula field to add them.  Somewhere though, I've read that it is better to use Workflow Rules and field updates to do this function so that continuous calculations don't occur.  I've looked and looked for documentation on this but have found none.
I have created a custom object 'ABC' from the related list in 'Notes & Attachments' instead of getting downloaded 'MS Word' documents should open in a new page.

I want to call an external web service from my apex code.
According to the WSDL , one of the parameters which are mandatory to make the request is the web service platform. When I checked the API documentation of the web service, it says that the value of this parameter should be the web service technology which I use when I call this web service.
They also have a list of whitelisted technologies (which they say are valid platforms) for calling this webservice, namely DOTNET20,ZSI,SUDS, WCF and PHP5.
Could anyone help me with this?
  • May 14, 2014
Hi all,

I have one custom page in that i have one lookup field and one text filed .

I have one requirement if we select look up  name as "ABC" then i want make the text filed required.

Thanks in advance
  • April 15, 2014
I have a Partner user Test1 ,He has 2 managers (Z1 and Z2), When he changes the owner opportunity to Z1 but he cannot change the owner to Z2. He is not getting the user in search results . Where he can assign the record to Z1 by searching in looup icon.    Can any one help me out. Why this happen. And et me some quick solution.
How to revoke a token in  salesforce.?

i have tried this,

PostMethod post = new PostMethod("https://test.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/revoke);     
post.addParameter("grant_type","refresh_token");
post.addParameter("client_id","3MVG9e2mBbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3Tv.ZkkjA_jXe36YpUEhUi3ddV");
post.addParameter("client_secret","43608xxxxxxxxx9351");
post.addParameter("refresh_token","00DN0000000OJpAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAOS92jBbid3ytwYpLkz");
post.addParameter("redirect_uri","https://www.artxxxxxxxxxxxines.com");

but this is giving me an error :  error=unsupported_token_type&error_description=this token type is not supported
Hi,

I want to redirect to a specific thrd party site through canvas without any intermediate tool like heroku,

Let me know how to do it.

Thanks in Advance
I can see the attached files in Knowledge but when I open up the Public Knowledge url I only see the article with no attached pdf.  Its there a setting I am missing or is it not possible to view the files throught the PK?
Thanks
Hi,

I want to redirect to a specific page through canvas without the help of any third party site named "Heroku"

please let me know how to do it.

Thanks in Advance
i have created an app in salesforce and provided callback url, i received the code successfully but when i am requesting for token using callback url, client id and client secret key, i am getting an error i.e Invalid grant, authorization code invalid.
We are using LiveAgent for support customers in salesforce. 

When an Visitor initiates chat,If there is no one from Support Team member available to accept a chat, a message should be sent to the user letting them know that the next available technician will get back to them. After this message is sent, a case is auto-created and assigned.

Please suggest me how to achieve this.

• July 07, 2014
I am trying to make a call to an external server and getting a sun.security.validator.ValidatorException.  The certificate issuer, RapidSSL is not on the list of trusted issuers, but GeoTrust Global CA is... Since RapidSSL received their certs from GeoTrust is there anyway to get around this other than just going HTTP?

User-added image
I don't understand how we can store Geolocation values that are not in degrees (i.e. different spatial reference) in SF. Seems like the 2 available sub-types for Geolocation fields are the same. I thought choosing Decimal would allow for non-degree values, but it doesn't work.

To make the problem less technical, how can I enter 665679.879932 as latitude in SF?

Thanks.
3 questions:

1) How can I get a list of records that reside within a certain bounded box (aka extent) on the map?
2) How can I get a list of records that intersect with a straight line on the map?
3) If my Geolocation fields are not standard x-y coordinates (spatial reference different than 4326) how does SOQL figure out the DISTANCE clause?

Thanks!
The default SFDC community header has search auto-complete. Are we able to get this same functionality if we use a custom community header? I tried to copy the search form html from the default community header into my custom header, but I'm missing something for the auto complete functionality.

Hi,

We are currently using salesforce standard email approval process.We enabled "Enable Email Approval Response"  checkbox in approval settings.
When a user submits a record for approval, approver will get an email.

Requirement :

We need to capture "Reply to " address of the email which is received by approver.

Can we get the email specified in screen shot  through apex?

Is the mail id specified in below screen shot specific to org or will it change for each approval email?

User-added image
Hello,
Is there a way to capture a mail merge document ID when it is being sent out? Please include code sample if there's one.

Thanks,
Paul

• July 01, 2014
I would like to create a list view that shows all opportunities that have synced quotes with them and be able to select of all them in the list and unsync them using a custom button using java code. Thank you!

Have a need to invoke the "Regenrate Sharing Team" link using a Data Loader. We have about 500 records for which we need to do refresh the Sharing Team list on an opportunity. Is there a way to do that? I noticed an API name field (Regenerate_Sharing_Team__c), which uses the Formula value, not sure what value needs to be passed for this field.

Thank you,
Harish
Hi, 

We are doing an Integration using SOAP services.

For that, third party gave us SSL certificate in .pfx format along with password. I have doubt that how to use that certificate in our Request.  I opened that certificate and used the content of it in my code and I got ' No Certificate found' Error. How can I resolve this issue.  May I know the Procedure to Integrate using SOAP services.

hi Community,

I am populating a hyper link from the formula filed to the vf page and i need to show the font of the hyper link bold on the vfpage.

HYPERLINK(Id,"textto dispaly",_parent);

in ouputText tag it will be diapslyed.

Any thoughts how to show this in a bold font.
I can not make it bold on vfpage because the ouputtext tag will also prinnt many other messages which should no be bold.

Thanks,
suree.

Hi,

I am Prasant.I am new to salesforce developemnet.I have learnet most of the salesforce concepts like Apex,triggers,API's and salesforce customization.I have practiced with varuous uses cases form this forum.However i still don't have experience of a full time project.So if any body can help me in this context.

Thanks in advance,
Prasant

Hi guys,

Totally new to reports and dashboard and am having trouble creating a report that I can use in a dashboard to illustrate how many opportunities advanced to the 'Closed Won' stage this week/month and the same report but for the previous week/month.

Is this possible? Can some one help me out? 

Thanks,

Ash

hi,
i have create list in apex and i want to list value into java script array variable.
pls help me.....
I have a Partner user Test1 ,He has 2 managers (Z1 and Z2), When he changes the owner opportunity to Z1 but he cannot change the owner to Z2. He is not getting the user in search results . Where he can assign the record to Z1 by searching in looup icon.    Can any one help me out. Why this happen. And et me some quick solution.
How to revoke a token in  salesforce.?

i have tried this,

PostMethod post = new PostMethod("https://test.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/revoke);     
post.addParameter("grant_type","refresh_token");
post.addParameter("client_id","3MVG9e2mBbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3Tv.ZkkjA_jXe36YpUEhUi3ddV");
post.addParameter("client_secret","43608xxxxxxxxx9351");
post.addParameter("refresh_token","00DN0000000OJpAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAOS92jBbid3ytwYpLkz");
post.addParameter("redirect_uri","https://www.artxxxxxxxxxxxines.com");

but this is giving me an error :  error=unsupported_token_type&error_description=this token type is not supported
Hi,

I want to redirect to a specific thrd party site through canvas without any intermediate tool like heroku,

Let me know how to do it.

Thanks in Advance
I can see the attached files in Knowledge but when I open up the Public Knowledge url I only see the article with no attached pdf.  Its there a setting I am missing or is it not possible to view the files throught the PK?
Thanks
Hi,

I want to redirect to a specific page through canvas without the help of any third party site named "Heroku"

please let me know how to do it.

Thanks in Advance
We are using LiveAgent for support customers in salesforce. 

When an Visitor initiates chat,If there is no one from Support Team member available to accept a chat, a message should be sent to the user letting them know that the next available technician will get back to them. After this message is sent, a case is auto-created and assigned.

Please suggest me how to achieve this.

• July 07, 2014
I am trying to make a call to an external server and getting a sun.security.validator.ValidatorException.  The certificate issuer, RapidSSL is not on the list of trusted issuers, but GeoTrust Global CA is... Since RapidSSL received their certs from GeoTrust is there anyway to get around this other than just going HTTP?

User-added image
I don't understand how we can store Geolocation values that are not in degrees (i.e. different spatial reference) in SF. Seems like the 2 available sub-types for Geolocation fields are the same. I thought choosing Decimal would allow for non-degree values, but it doesn't work.

To make the problem less technical, how can I enter 665679.879932 as latitude in SF?

Thanks.
3 questions:

1) How can I get a list of records that reside within a certain bounded box (aka extent) on the map?
2) How can I get a list of records that intersect with a straight line on the map?
3) If my Geolocation fields are not standard x-y coordinates (spatial reference different than 4326) how does SOQL figure out the DISTANCE clause?

Thanks!
The default SFDC community header has search auto-complete. Are we able to get this same functionality if we use a custom community header? I tried to copy the search form html from the default community header into my custom header, but I'm missing something for the auto complete functionality.
Hello ,
           I am new to salesforce ,follwed steps describe in Mobile_SDK.pdf ,I stuck at this point ,gives me the following error...............

07-02 12:00:27.020: I/ClientManager:getRestClient(2842): No account of type com.my.mysmallapp.login found
07-02 12:00:27.020: D/AccountManagerService(332): bind attempt failed for Session: expectLaunch true, connected false, stats (0/0/0), lifetime 0.0, addAccount, accountType com.my.mysmallapp.login, requiredFeatures null
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842): android.accounts.AuthenticatorException: bind failure
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at android.accounts.AccountManager.convertErrorToException(AccountManager.java:1563)
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at android.accounts.AccountManager.access$400(AccountManager.java:140)
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at android.accounts.AccountManager$AmsTask$Response.onError(AccountManager.java:1409)
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at android.accounts.IAccountManagerResponse$Stub.onTransact(IAccountManagerResponse.java:69)
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:338)
07-02 12:00:27.030: W/AccMgrCallback:run(2842):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
07-02 12:00:27.090: I/ActivityManager(332): START {flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.my.mysmallapp/.MainActivity} from pid 2842
07-02 12:00:27.150: I/WindowManager(332): SCREENLAYOUT_SIZE (1:small, 2:normal, 3:large, 4:xlarge) 2
07-02 12:00:27.180: I/ActivityManager(332): Displayed com.my.mysmallapp/.MainActivity: +323ms (total +32ms)
07-02 12:00:27.300: I/dun_service(203): received event(DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
07-02 12:00:27.310: D/WifiService(332): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 0

...required some guidance ...thank u 

Hi,

We are currently using salesforce standard email approval process.We enabled "Enable Email Approval Response"  checkbox in approval settings.
When a user submits a record for approval, approver will get an email.

Requirement :

We need to capture "Reply to " address of the email which is received by approver.

Can we get the email specified in screen shot  through apex?

Is the mail id specified in below screen shot specific to org or will it change for each approval email?

User-added image
Hello,
Is there a way to capture a mail merge document ID when it is being sent out? Please include code sample if there's one.

Thanks,
Paul

• July 01, 2014
I would like to create a list view that shows all opportunities that have synced quotes with them and be able to select of all them in the list and unsync them using a custom button using java code. Thank you!

Have a need to invoke the "Regenrate Sharing Team" link using a Data Loader. We have about 500 records for which we need to do refresh the Sharing Team list on an opportunity. Is there a way to do that? I noticed an API name field (Regenerate_Sharing_Team__c), which uses the Formula value, not sure what value needs to be passed for this field.

Thank you,
Harish
Hi, 

We are doing an Integration using SOAP services.

For that, third party gave us SSL certificate in .pfx format along with password. I have doubt that how to use that certificate in our Request.  I opened that certificate and used the content of it in my code and I got ' No Certificate found' Error. How can I resolve this issue.  May I know the Procedure to Integrate using SOAP services.

hi Community,

I am populating a hyper link from the formula filed to the vf page and i need to show the font of the hyper link bold on the vfpage.

HYPERLINK(Id,"textto dispaly",_parent);

in ouputText tag it will be diapslyed.

Any thoughts how to show this in a bold font.
I can not make it bold on vfpage because the ouputtext tag will also prinnt many other messages which should no be bold.

Thanks,
suree.

Hi,

I am Prasant.I am new to salesforce developemnet.I have learnet most of the salesforce concepts like Apex,triggers,API's and salesforce customization.I have practiced with varuous uses cases form this forum.However i still don't have experience of a full time project.So if any body can help me in this context.

Thanks in advance,
Prasant

Hi guys,

Totally new to reports and dashboard and am having trouble creating a report that I can use in a dashboard to illustrate how many opportunities advanced to the 'Closed Won' stage this week/month and the same report but for the previous week/month.

Is this possible? Can some one help me out? 

Thanks,

Ash

hi,
i have create list in apex and i want to list value into java script array variable.
pls help me.....